A Were Story Ch. 04

Story Info
Everyone meets.
10.2k words
4.81
17.2k
40

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/14/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lannasage
lannasage
638 Followers

I want to appreciate everyone who has voted and commented on this story. I know build-up is a bit slow, but we're getting to the action. Please, continue to give feedbacks, I look forward to them. Thanks again. LS

****

Kylie couldn't sit still the entire ride to the house, her face was either glued to the window, taking in the sights of Connecticut, or she was asking Rinaldi random questions, most of which sounded ridiculous to the ears of any right-thinking person. Kennedy had been largely silent since they began their trip from the airport, she sat a distance away from her and Rinaldi; the other two occupants in the limo, her face hadn't left the window, at no point had she interjected in their conversation. She was unusually quiet.

Kylie wanted to ask what had happened when Rinaldi took her into the room, but her sister looked much too shaken and she didn't want to bother her with what Kenny might call 'foolish' questions, she figured she would let her in on it whenever she was ready. Kenny never did anything on another person's terms, she didn't know a soul who could force her sister into doing anything she was deadest on not doing. The fact that she had willfully gotten off the plane and followed them to the car had surprised Kylie even. He must have really made a convincing argument.

She listened to Rinaldi with apt attention as he told her of the Duncan Pack, she had asked about virtually all she knew of werewolves, seeking confirmation of their truth and he obliged her, answering some of her questions in the affirmative and debunking others. She also noticed the constant glances he gave Kennedy, she could tell his attention wasn't fully on her, but he was quite good at masking his distraction. Kylie knew when not to meddle in other people's business and whatever was going on between Kennedy and Rinaldi was something she didn't plan on meddling on anytime soon.

She was eager to get to the house mostly because she wanted to see Cassandra, she missed her cousin deeply. They had a bond she sometimes feared she lacked with Kennedy. Cassandra entertained her ideas, she welcomed them and didn't shove her back to reality with harsh words whenever she would tell her of her many beliefs. Kennedy was probably the best elder sister anyone could wish for, but since the death of their mothers in a car accident three years ago, her sister had changed drastically. Sheh ad become distant, then gone all commando on them, she wanted to know their schedules, she checked up on them much too many times for it to be considered healthy, she scolded them if they forgot to tell her they had somewhere to be, she reminded her of a field marshal in her ways. On some days, she and Cassandra would joke about Kennedy's paranoia and laugh it off, Cassandra was great at mimicking Kennedy and made the funniest faces ever. Since her disappearance, Kylie had missed that bond, many times she would return home excited to talk to someone about her day or a new friend she met, but only Kennedy was home and Kennedy was barely approachable on such matters. If you weren't talking about how to pay the bills, Kennedy wasn't interested in what you had to say.

She had so much to discuss with her cousin, she had no reason to doubt that either of Caleb or Rinaldi was lying to her, yes, Kennedy had her doubts, but she believed Rinaldi the moment he told her of Cassandra's whereabouts. Maybe she was a little desperate to see Cassandra and took anyone's word for it, but beyond that, she had a feeling neither man was lying, besides, Caleb had described Cassandra well enough when she asked for some proof. She hadn't mentioned that to Kennedy because she knew well and good her sister would trash that too.

She scrambled to the window as the car slowed down, her eyes were the shape of a saucepan as she looked upon what had to be the largest gate she had ever seen in reality, "Waoh! Is this the house?" she asked, her voice filled with awe.

"This is just the gate Kylie, it's not the house." She just barely heard Rinaldi's humor-filled voice reply her.

Suddenly, the large golden gates began to part and the limousine slowly eased into the compound. Kylie knew she should expect an amazing house, these people had come to pick them up in a private jet and then a limousine, of course they had to have loads of cash, but nothing prepared her for this. She would never have been adequately prepared to see such splendor even if there was a yacht somewhere between their journey.

The limo drove past about four houses and then a stretch of road before it slowed down once again, the scenery in that distance left Kylie speechless. The compound looked like it belonged in a fairytale, the lawns were well manicured, there were gardens with colorful flowers, stone-paved walkways lined the street, it would pass for an estate rather than a compound as Rinaldi had constantly referred to it. she certainly had never seen a compound that looked like this.

Kylie was the first to hop out of the car as soon as it came to a stop. Her giddiness was only doused by Kennedy, who finally found her voice after an hour of silence, "Kylie, calm the fuck down will you?" her sister spat at her from inside the car.

There was definitely something wrong with Kennedy, for one thing, she was sure Kennedy had cursed more times today than she had for the past five years. She tamped down on her excitement, waiting by the car for the other occupants to step out, but she knew she would have to have a talk with Kennedy once they were settled, maybe she was overwhelmed by today's happenings and needed to get something off her chest/ Kennedy wasn't much of a sharer, but she would make her share just for today, and if Cassandra was here, then it would be much easier for that to happen.

"There's no need to be so harsh mi amor, you're the one who needs to calm down." Rinaldi replied softly

Kylie didn't hear a word of protest from Kennedy, which she found odd. The man had just called her his love, that in itself was odd, but the fact that Kennedy didn't have some scathing remark about his choice of words was what really caught Kylie's attention. What was going on?

Rinaldi stepped out of the car and turned a bright smile to her, "Are you ready, kiddo?"

"I've been ready my whole life." she beamed at him.

"Kennedy?"

"How am I sure there aren't a pack of wolves just waiting to devour us beyond those doors?" Kennedy spat.

Rinaldi lowered himself to look into the cabin where a stiff Kennedy sat, "So, you would rather sit here and do what? Wait for your turn to get devoured? It's a long way to the exit, imagine how many wolves would jump at you and eat you up before you get there, I'm quite sure you would taste muy deliciosa" he finished, he ran his tongue over sharp canines and made a slurping sound, a mischievous glint in his eyes, he grinned at her expression of shock, "I'll make sure to call dibs on ya." He winked at her

It took her a while to get herself, but when she did, she fixed him a glare, he slowly eased out of the car as she slid over to the exit, but before he could leave her line of vision, she grabbed him by the collar of his suit jacket and pulled him down until he was inches away, "Never threaten me, ever" she warned through gritted teeth.

"We're going to have so much fun together Kennedy, I can't wait." He said in a lowered voice.

His eyes flashed an amber color and she let go of his collar in shock.

"Now, we have eager hosts just waiting to meet us." Rinaldi announced.

He led both sisters to the house, all the while Kylie kept staring at the large building in awe while Kennedy kept up an aloof expression even though she was just a bit taken aback by the size of the building. She kept Kylie by her side, a reasonable distance from Rinaldi, just in case any surprises would jump at them, they at least deserved a head start.

Rinaldi had barely placed his first foot on the porch when the door was opened, Kennedy stopped in her tracks and held Kylie back as the large door opened up to reveal a rather tiny woman. She looked to be middle-aged, with dark brown hair and a lightly tanned skin. She looked pretty, even more with the smile upon her face.

"Rinaldi, welcome." She said gleefully as she opened the door wider to allow his entrance.

Kylie stared at Kennedy in wonder, this woman seemed harmless enough, why was Kennedy being her usual paranoid self? "Kenny, it's okay." She whispered to her sister's hearing to ease her.

Her words didn't seem to do any magic as Kennedy remained stiff as a board.

The woman turned smiling eyes at the two guests, "Hello ladies, please come in." she urged.

Kylie moved forward, only to be pulled back by Kennedy and given a stern look, "Don't"

Kylie frowned, she hadn't traveled all the way down to Connecticut to be restricted, Kennedy had to get a grip on herself. If Rinaldi had any plans to end them, he had all the opportunity he needed on the plane and then the over one hour ride to this place, if they were still walking around unharmed, it probably was because they weren't in any immediate danger.

"Calm down sis, we're in their compound, if they want to harm us, we're probably trapped anyways. Might as well get it over with." She said, she pulled her arm from Kennedy's grasp and speed-walked her way to Rinaldi, ignoring her sister's calls. She smiled at the woman as she went into the house, only to pause at her entrance. This place was magnificent. If she was amazed by the outside of the house, the inside left her floored.

She barely heard Kennedy rushing into the house to give her a good scolding, but even her sister lost her words the minute she walked into the dumbfounding opulence

"Ladies, welcome to our home." Rinaldi announced.

This was no home, it was some kind of tourist attraction, but certainly not a home. Where they lived, the small bungalow in the middle of nowhere, that was a home with modest surroundings and basic décor, this house with its vintage décor and Victorian architecture, put theirs to shame in more ways than one. The large foyer they stood in was easily the size of their entire home, Rinaldi fit more in this house than their small home where Kennedy clearly remembered he looked like a cat trapped in a shoebox.

No wonder they were giants.

"This place is amazing." Kylie said in awe, her large eyes taking in the beautiful sight, her anger at her sister long forgotten.

"Please, don't flatter us." Rinaldi grinned.

Caleb.

Rinaldi called through their bond

We're here.

He knew that it was only a matter of time before the magic dust wore off Kennedy and she started asking questions, this time he didn't plan on being caught unawares.

We'll be right down

Caleb replied through their bond.

Rinaldi turned to the sisters, "Your host will be right down." He said to them, Kennedy fixed him a glare and pulled Kylie to her side. He sighed inwardly, he got the feeling she was going to be the most difficult to explain the mating pull to and everything that had to do with it, in that moment he almost wished he had Roy's luck, Luna certainly had a good sense of humour to give the most strong-headed of all three of them the most willing mate.

****

Cassandra couldn't be at ease, she felt that something was about to happen. She couldn't quite put a finger to it, but a part of her was anxious.

Since Dinah left her room, she had been uneasy. She hoped the girl hadn't gone to Caleb to spill her guts out, but knowing how much she worshipped him, she most likely had. He was yet to show up here though which made her wonder, had he perhaps disregarded the message?

Even as much as a small part of her didn't want to see the man, another side wouldn't stop wishing he would just show up, that side that kept invading her thoughts. That side that kept telling her to do things or at least kept shoving freaky imageries in her head when it wasn't telling her what to do. She almost felt insane.

Her eyes went to the door, contemplating the sense in walking out for the first time since she regained consciousness, what was the point in sitting here like a scared and caged animal when the man had made it clear to her on more than one occasion and with various gestures that she could walk out whenever she wished. This whole idea of fear was new to her, she used to be brave. There was a time she could go anywhere, face anyone even and do anything without thinking of repercussions. Since she woke up though, there was this fear inside her that made her think more than twice before she did anything, it was an alien feeling.

She took a couple of calming breaths and then slowly rose from the bed, perhaps going out there would be the first step she took into getting herself back. She took some steps closer to the door which now looked much larger, she stopped for a brief moment to wonder about her other options, maybe she could just sit here and wait for Dinah. Lunch was in about an hour, when the smaller woman came by, she could talk to her about the possibilities of going out, at least if nothing else, it would be nice to have someone who was familiar with this place showing her around.

That was a much better idea. Even better, just in case there was anyone she should be wary of, being with Dinah would reduce the likelihood of being attacked.

Cassandra returned to the bed and was just easing her body to lie down when she heard a light knock at the door. She sat up at the sound, that was odd, was Dinah coming early?

"Come in" she called out, expecting her friend to poke her head through in her usual fashion.

However, she was highly unprepared for the sight that emerged from behind the door.

Caleb walked into the room and she lost her breath for almost a minute. Her heart rate sped up as she eased further into the bed and grasped the sheets to keep herself seated, the voice in her head suddenly came back. He approached her slowly while she watched him, once again, she couldn't stop herself from looking him over, his hair was packed in the same tight ponytail she had come to associate him with, leaving her to contend with the gorgeous face and startling grey eyes that made her uneasy. This time though, there was something else aside uneasiness. She grimaced at the headache that shot through her head and placed her hand against her temple, the voice was getting louder. It was definitely in her head.

Caleb noticed her facial features contort as if she were in pain, "Cassandra, are you okay?" he asked in concern as he approached her faster.

Of course she's not okay, she's in pain.

His wolf shot at him angrily.

"I...I don't..." she spoke breathlessly.

He noticed her eyes roll into her head and he rushed to her side before she fell to the bed completely. He held her up and looked at her face, "Cassandra, Cassandra look at me." He called to her in panic. He checked her pulse and her heart rate, noticing oddly that neither of them was beating rapidly. Her breathing was even, almost as if she were merely sleeping, he was briefly struck with fear and confusion until he noticed the eyes roll back- but it was a different color.

Her wolf.

The animal was now fully in control as it grinned at him in a way only a wolf could, "Hello mate." She whispered as she brushed her hand against his bicep.

Caleb wouldn't lie, he was briefly distracted by her use of the term and even more so, the fact that she recognized him. A feeling he couldn't explain washed over him, this was what he had been waiting for, what had been keeping him up at night all this time. He had dreamt of the day she would finally recognize him for who he was, this wasn't the way he had quite imagined it, but the impact was no less great.

"Cassandra." He said, as if to convince himself she was really the one he had in his arms...this was his mate, the one who recognized him, not the one who looked at him with suspicious eyes and shrunk away at his presence.

She smiled at him, this time, she didn't offer him the same animalistic grin, but a warm smile that melted his heart, "Call me Cassie." Her words left no room for argument and he was only too willing to oblige her. As her hand snaked to the back of his head and pulled him down to her, Caleb was sure he was trapped in some other world where his life wasn't a stagnant torture room.

The first touch of her lips against his sent his wolf into a frenzy, he could literally feel the animal running around his head in a dizzying fashion, but the amazing feel of his mate's lips against his numbed his wolf's raucous. Her lips moved against his tentatively as if testing the waters, it took a great deal of restraint in him to not force his way and take what she offered like he had so selfishly done the last time, an act that regretfully ensured he was in the dog pen for weeks. This time, he relinquished all power to her and let her take full control.

Her tongue snaked out and she let it dance across his lips in a teasing fashion, Caleb couldn't stop the sharp growl that escaped his throat at his mate's apparent playfulness, damn it, he wasn't a patient man. It was killing him to not grab her and force his tongue right through those full lips, and she thought this was the perfect time to play games?

She let her tongue glide across his lips for a few more seconds before she ended his torture, letting her tongue slide in gracefully. He groaned at the intrusion and fisted the sheets to prevent himself from grabbing her by the hair, he had all but forgotten how utterly sinful his mate's lips were, he let himself indulge in the sweetness she offered, his tongue locking with hers as she kissed him with a passion he was delighted to find she possessed.

Caleb! Where the fuck are you!

Rinaldi's sharp question tore through their bond, effectively clearing the fog Caleb had been all too willing to get lost in.

Reluctantly, he ended his tongue-locking with his mate, he looked down at her to find glowing yellow eyes...damn it, he couldn't take her to her cousins like this. They would think for sure that he had done something to her, besides, he doubted she and her wolf shared similar mannerisms.

"What's wrong my mate? Don't you want us anymore?" the wolf purred into his ear.

If his hardness was anything to go by, she couldn't be further from the truth. He wanted her like he wanted to breathe, but this wasn't her. This was her wolf, he needed to get through to the human, he needed her to be aware of every stroke of his tongue and every touch of his fingers like the wolf was aware. He needed to get her on board without this wolf whose existence she was still unaware of, interfering in their relationship.

He shoved his brimming desire down with a deep exhale, he needed a clear head for this, he brushed her smooth cheek affectionately, "I want you so much my mate, you have no idea how much..."

"Then show me." She pulled him down to her once more, but he restrained her movement

"No, not like this." He sighed again, now he had to send the wolf back in, "She doesn't know you're inside her yet and she doesn't understand. You can't force your will upon her. You need to be in agreement with her, she needs to know what she is." He implored.

A snicker left her lips, "Please, the pathetic human is as stubborn as they come. She's been fighting me for weeks now."

He smiled at the wolf's haughtiness, a trait that was present in every wolf, even his, "She fights because she doesn't know. Give her time and I'll make sure she comes around."

She cut him a sharp glare, "Some good you've done, you just let her have her way." She shot at him accusingly.

Caleb wouldn't deny that. Of course he let her have her way, he wasn't looking to traumatize her any further than she had already been traumatized and he didn't want to cause a rift between them considering they barely knew each other. In his head, she needed space, apparently in his quest to give the human space, he had ignored the feelings of a vital part of her- her wolf.

lannasage
lannasage
638 Followers