A Wider Sky Ch. 17 (revised)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Human!"

Human?

They knew I was the human! But how, did they know?! I tried to run towards my dorm. The smug view of my escort standing in the door of my transport was a welcome site. Her coifed and manicured cold stare was better than the throngs of red faced students screaming at me. I felt a rock hit my shoulder hard and then it was followed by food, spit. I debated on whether I run straight for the transport of go to back to my dorm room to grab my suitcase.

I rounded the corner toward the entrance of my dormitory door. I could at least escape and wait till the crowd calmed down so that I could safely get on the transport. My body hurt being pelted by anything my classmates could find.

It quickly slipped into my mind. If the campus knew I was the human that meant Gaelen now also knows that I am the human. Would he love me now?

I ran as fast as I could through the dorm doors and the students thankfully followed the rules that non residents were not allowed in the doorm rooms.

I opened my dorm room door and allowed it to shut beyond me. I slumped against the wall so that I could finally take a deep breath. I passed a mirror by the door and saw what a mess, I had become. I had red tomato like substance all over me, I was stuck with red poppies and my shoulder was bleeding from the rock that was thrown at me. I grabbed a hand towel and ran it under the water. It felt so soothing and I wiped as much of the food from my face. I could hear the campus near riot levels outside my door, screaming and yelling. It felt like the entire dorm was surrounded by human hating Y'vori students.

My clothes were ruined but at least my face was clean. I looked out my window and saw what looked like the entire campus had filed onto the grass surrounding my building. I saw the transport, it looked like it as going to be very hard to get to the transport in one piece. I rewet my hand towel and tucked it into my pocket. I would get pelted again if I were going to make it to the transport. I was thankful that I had already packed my bag that was sitting in the middle of the floor.

I took a deep breath and looked around my dorm room one last time, I was made. This is probably the last time I am going to get a taste of life beyond eclipse. I don't know if I could be a part of the revolution from inside the colony and most likely I wouldn't even have a life in purgatory. It was over. I was so close. I met Samson but then I was made. Maybe the school learned I visited a rebel and revealed my secret to the school population, so the students would do the job of finishing me off and feed their blood frenzy for human life.

I had to make it to the transport. I keep my mind focus. I turned to pick up my bag but I was distracted because my door was opened. I turned to find Gaelen. He looked bewildered, confused and most of all hurt. He kept looking me over, not saying a word, just eyes that showed a crushed heart.

I held my hand up, I don't know why maybe because I saw the hurt turn to anger. I took steps back for each step he took towards me. My mind flashed all the happy days I've had with Gaelen. His sly smile, his raven hair. His pain turned to courage when I told him he would be a good ruler and that he was a good man. I saw flashes of every kiss that still felt like they were just given to me hours ago. Most of all, I heard him say. I would love you, even if you were human.

His arms where tight and his first clenched at his sides. With each step, his expression grew more savage. He jerked his arms at his side and they lit up with power.

Do it. Just do it and get it over with. Do it.

I glanced over my shoulder at the window. The crowd had grown. I don't think I am going to leave this campus. This building. I was going to leave this world. I stumbled over my bag and landed on my butt.

Just do it Gaelen. Get it over with. Do it quick.

"What are you?" his voice laced with disbelief.

"I'm human."

Gaelen roared. "What are you Kiowa! Don't lie to me. You promised you wouldn't lie to me."

"I'm the human, Gaelen. I'm human."

He just there. His jaw clenching and releasing, his fists tightening as he considered what I said and his inspection of me.

"Gaelen..." His name was all but a whispered but I knew where this was going. "Do it." I almost said it more audible.

"What did you lie to me?"

"Just do it Gaelen." I said a little louder. My head was spinning with the loud cheers and the crackling of power emanating from Gaelen.

"Why did you lie to me?!"

"I wanted to tell you?"

"When?"

"Please Gaelen."

"When Kiowa?" He said more strongly

"When your soul opened up?"

"What does that matter?!" he yelled over the noise that surrounded us all.

I gave up. I couldn't manage it all anymore. The noise, the transport, the lynch mob outside my door.

"Please Gaelen. Do it. Finish it. Kill me!" I pleaded with my entire strength.

He seemed to hyperventilate. His body puffed like a balloon unwilling to fill. He was sweating and on edge of losing control but it was bursting and leaking already. He raised his hand. My raven haired boy that has shown me love for the first time, was now going to show me mercy. And I thanked him for it. He's hair swept behind him and the entire room rattled. All I could see was a bright light and heat.

Soon it would be over.

I'm relived.

12