A Womanizer Reforms

Story Info
Seasoned newspaper guy goes after his sweet protege.
23.2k words
4.56
25.5k
12
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1

Thirty-year-old Hal Pearson's divorce was finalized and it was goodbye good-time Melody who had got away with half of his assets and was back at her dance studio and screwing her financial backer, a married guy.

Sure Hal was bitter, having lost three years spent unwisely married to a hot bitch that soon tired of being with him exclusively, although he had to admit there had been many great times. When he found Melody in bed with her brother oblivious to him entering the room because they were being so disgusting, Hal kicked both of them out of the house and had it sold before Melody thought of applying for divorce. She still got half of his, um, his disclosed assets.

Hal leased a studio apartment and continued at The Sentinel newspaper as a business columnist and with Melody gone considered fancied was free to have any female who'd suck his tongue. His strike rate rather pleased him but as most were married the liaisons failed to blossom into satisfying affairs.

Damn.

A buddy told him the latest 'zip' (gossip) doing the office. Macy Aphelia Law, the executive editor's 26-year-old glamorous journalism graduate daughter, had walked out of the General News Department where she'd been deemed 'next to useless' and had said no to a transfer to Features and no to Home and Fashion and no to Motoring. Her enraged father ruled it was Business or she was history. Macy was inducted into business reporting where on her second day she was deemed to be 'next to useless.'

Hal sniffed. Macy, God was a name. Perhaps she ought to be working in a department store.

Alan Wright dropped in to Hal's office and that was rather ominous. Alan rarely spoke to Hal these days because his married daughter had been one of Hal's post-divorce conquests and daddy found out.

Hal tensed, thinking Alan was about to announce he was ending Hal's column and returning the adulterer to financial reporting. But Alan was smiling, showing bad teeth.

Huh?

"Great column yesterday," Alan began.

Huh?

And ten minutes later Hal had been told he was to take Macy Law under his wing and groom her to become a successful newspaper journalist.

"I don't think so," Hal objected gently.

"Oh I think so. You fucked my daughter, a mother of two little kids. So who's next, Macy Law's mother? Now what do you think Frank Law would say to that possibility if I presented it to him and told him you'd soiled my daughter who just happens to be Frank's goddaughter?"

Huh?

When the smiling Alan left, Hal called Accommodation and Supplies and ordered a new desk and chair and filing cabinet for his office, asking for the smallest desk available.

When thinning-on-the-top blond Hal arrived Monday and smelt a sickening fragrance in his office, he found Macy was at her desk painting her nails.

"Oh hi Mr Pearson or is it Hal?"

"It's Hal. What's your bra size?"

"That is confidential personal information Hal and for some reason the HR manager called me to her office after I had been advised of this transfer. Mrs French spoke to me about harassment and how to report breaches of our company's Code of Ethics. She gave no explanation for that briefing. Do you have a reputation for being a naughty boy Hal?"

"Who me? I should think not. Christ look at the size of your desk. Someone's been an idiot. I'll call Accommodation and Supplies and demand they come up and change it immediately."

"No Hal. I anticipate doing only a little bit of work and so a desk this small seems appropriate."

She uncrossed and re-crossed her beautiful long legs slowly, as if to capture Hal's attention.

"I'm a person who prefers quality over quantity Hal. I guess you being a columnist also fit that profile?"

The move didn't fail.

Hal swallowed and had the ridiculous feeling of being caught in a web. He cleared his throat. "I um noticed on your profile that it's your birthday Friday. For some reason a bra jumped into my mind."

Macy folded her arms high up over her chest and said coldly she believed she knew why. "God Hal get your mind above you belt. If you must know 34C."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am. I'm narrow across the back. Flowers will be very acceptable and you may take me out to morning coffee. Now teach me the practicalities of journalism to add to my academic absorption."

"Pick you phone and call around for leads. I'll get coffee."

"Call whom?"

"Those deadbeats lecturing at the School of Journalism would have taught you about cold calling."

"Yes but we were given phone numbers."

"Pull up the Yellow Pages on your computer. You do know how to use a computer to bring up the Yellow Pages I take it?"

"Yes but what kind of business do you wish me to call?"

"Any business with a payroll exceeding 1000 initially. In Business we give priority to big business and after them niche business."

"Give me an example of a niche business."

Hal hitched up his trousers and grinned, looking where her folded arms had been. "A small company that produces very strong big bras.

She scowled at him and didn't look very pretty. If she hadn't hurled her desk paperweight at him, drawling her arm back for the throw and thus revealing to Hal a taunt breast of magnificent classical shape, he would have written off Macy. Instead he ducked athletically and the lead weight shattered the glass division behind him. The thought of that breast shape momentarily flooded his mind before he regained composure.

"Call Joey in Accommodation and Supplies to get someone up here fast with a new pane of glass. Tell him what happened but if word gets out about this I'll have his balls for a necklace."

"I-I couldn't say that to him."

"It's your choice -- either you momentarily embarrass yourself saying that to Joey or you suffer the humiliation of having the 170 people in Editorial knowing you behaved like an idiot after you had to admit I'd not laid a finger on you."

"Oh god."

"My office is usually an atmosphere of intelligence, friendliness and creativity Miss Law. When you report to your father tonight about you day at the office please say I said you have a great throwing arm. I reckon I was point-two of a second from being hit fatally between the eyes by a lead weight."

"Oh god."

When Hal returned with two machine coffees Old Ted was already placing the restraining glass around the new pane.

"Morning Hal."

"Hi Ted. How's Lucy and is Robert still at McEwan Aviation?"

"Yeah Robert's foreman of a jet engine maintenance crew and Lucy's florist shop is going great, particularly since you convinced HR here to decree all flowers and formal floral tributes should be ordered from Flowers by Lucy."

"It was just an idea Ted and putting three kids through high school must eat up a bit of income."

"Here's you coffee darling."

"Jesus Hal, does the big boss's daughter allow you to call her darling?"

"It's her first day here. I pulled out her chair and welcomed her and told her she'd come to the right guy to teach her about cutting-edge journalism and she shed a couple of tears of gratitude and told me to call her darling."

Hal heard Macy splutter coffee behind him.

"Miss Law, Top Gun Hal is likely to teach you more than journalism. Heh-heh-heh."

Hal pulled his chair over to Macy and asked her to show him what she'd got. She looked confused until Hal pointed to the three entries on her notepad. The third item caught his attention.

"Why the hell is Simon Bedding International sending a waterbed to Afghanistan?"

"Because one of our military commanders there has slept on a waterbed since his marriage and wants one sent out to him. His wealthy parents are paying all costs and it's a practical shipment because he is based at HQ."

"Has it gone yet?"

"No."

"Darling. You grab a photographer and get right out to Simon Bedding and first speak to the business development manager who will probably be female. She of all people within the company will know what a story in The Sentinel will do for the company and she'll steer you quickly through company hierarchy. The company chairman is a pal of dad's and so I can assist if you get stuck. I'll coach when you begin writing the story. I'll tell the news editor to hold space for you on the front page.

"Front page but I'm a business columnist aren't I?"

"Actually you are the assistant to the business columnist but why bother about that detail when you full your bra so well? I get something on page one or three at least three times a month as general news and I work in competition with the fucking entire business reporting team."

"God you make it sound like it's dog eat dog."

"Ah so they did teach your something at journalism school? Off you go. Try to get a female photographer."

"Why?"

Hal sighed. "It's camera guys for blood, rape, explosions, murder, building collapses, traffic accidents and hostage dramas. Females for homecomings, funerals, weddings, awards and anything else that can make female readers cry. Didn't they teach your anything at journalism school? Off you go."

"What will you do while I'm away?"

"Find stuff to fill my column without an assistant."

"Oh god, I should be helping with that."

"Get that great ass moving Macy or I'll plant my boot into it. You are making me emotionally disturbed with your unremitting loyalty."

"My what?" Macy yelled as she ran out the doorway with her handbag.

Hal took his phone and went to the café to find someone to chat with while waiting for the calls that would come from PR people and other tipsters who knew getting a mention in the column 'Hal Person on Business' rated at least as good as getting a single column story on front page and if the information was good enough Hal would get his story splashed on page one or three or use it as the lead on his column.

Hal had to take his hat off to Macy. She'd learned something at journalism school. By the time she was ten minutes on her way back from the plant with the photographer who was driving, she'd emailed him a brief outline of the story and one of the digital images Macy had downloaded from the camera. She advised she'd decided not to contact Army HQ in case they then attempted to kill the story.

"Good girl. Fuck Army chiefs," Hal grinned talking to himself. "If the family is paying all costs it's really none of the Army's business. Let them be embarrassed. This story will be run in media internationally. My girl is already on the way to becoming a star."

His email reply stated, 'Good work, tell no one about this story'.

Business news editor Alan Wright wandered in and looked at the empty chair and he snorted, "How the hell can Macy work at a desk that small?"

"She is capable of working with her laptop on her knee Alan so quit bitching. I ordered a small desk to teach her humility. Being the executive editor's daughter she will have a feeling of being privileged."

"Well where is she? You haven't sent her crying to the women's room already have you?"

"No she's out on a small job with a photographer. She got the lead herself Alan; that ought to make you smile."

"She's green and so it won't be good enough for any of my pages?"

"Well Alan would you be interested in one of our companies sending a bed to a customer?"

"Christ Hal you're on thin ice. Fancy sending a rookie out chasing a fucking useless story like that."

"It's what is called incremental extension in reporting Alan but then you never got a degree in journalism did you?"

"Watch your mouth Hal. I'm warning you. And I order you to get Macy's incremental extension moving along briskly. Her father expects her as a fourth-generation newspaper journalist to become a star. Christ it was a mistake giving her to you. You'll send her in the opposite direction."

"If she's not already there."

"Well yes, her dad is worried about that."

Hal walked into the office of the news editor and said, "Gillian honey save the second front page lead page in tomorrow morning's edition for a story with picture from my office and expect to get good money for it from international agencies."

"Have you been drinking Hal despite not been to lunch yet?"

"You know Macy's being dumped on me."

"Oh yes, even I have to feel sorry for you about that. Well at least you can stare at her tits all day. God what I'd give to have a pair like those."

"Macy is coming in with one of our best stories of this year Gillian and you better believe it. She found it herself and has emailed me already and it's as good as we anticipated. Here look at the picture on my phone."

"Christ Hal you baboon. Why the hell would I be interested in three grinning goons standing over a bed?"

"If I can sell this to you promise you'll run a mugshot of Macy with her byline that states, By rookie Business Reporter Macy Law."

"That will be the day. For a start the use of the word rookie is banned. We give the impression all of our reporters are experienced and very proficient."

"Think of the reaction of her father when he reads his daughter is being called a rookie business reporter. His chest will swell with pride."

"He'll more likely have kittens and his boot will end up my butt."

"Gillian I do have your agreement?"

"Yes providing pigs can fly."

"Well sit back sweetheart and listen to the précis."

Gillian's eyes widened and her eyebrows lifted higher and higher.

"Jesus pal."

"Great eh. And if any of your crew attempt to rewrite her story I will personally report the blasphemy against his daughter to her father."

"Well if you supervise as she writes then the story she files it will be ready to run unaltered."

"Gillian you sweetheart and how's Harold?"

"Still more interested in fishing that in me."

"Then take him away to new places for new shopping experiences for you and new fishing locations for him. Guess how pleased he'll be about that?"

"Well I admit to having thought about it."

""We just thinking has never yet caught a fish. You know what to do Gillian."

"God how can you be such a bastard to women and yet be so lovely?"

Hal laughed and said he thought it had something to do with perception.

Macy rushed in looking hot and flustered.

"Hey slow down. There are hours to go before deadline."

Hal turned to the photographer, "Let's see what you've got Gloria um I mean on camera."

The grinning photographer connected her camera to the TV monitor and they watched the shots roll.

Really revved up, Macy said, "I prefer the third shot Hal, don't you?"

"Baby let's do this in the traditional manner. Please ask Gloria which is her preference and if that's not the shot your favor then utter one word, why?"

"Which shot do you prefer Gloria?"

"SP2282 (the number of the exposure) or the fourth exposure taken to you."

"Er why?"

"Because the light on their faces is best, their expressions are best, they are no longer posing and although the next three are okay this one will crop best. Hal?"

"You make a sound argument for a technical person Gloria but I go for SP2279, your first exposure. It will crop okay but I like the spontaneity of expression, two workmen and their female supervisors taking pride in their work and delighted to have a fuss being made of it and aware who their client is. This had to be a special order, at least that's my guess. Few water beds are made these days."

"Why yes," Macy said in surprise. "The production supervisor told me that."

"So it's SP2279, SP2281 and SP2282 as choices. File all three Gloria dear and allow the so-called experts make the selection. Good work guys. Photographing a bed for front page was never going to be easy. The illustrations editor and news editor will crop for the faces by showing less of the mattress. Jesus Gloria you've lost weight."

Gloria flushed but looked pleased. "I was thinking it was so unfair no one saying anything but I'm enjoying working hard at the gym and eating a bit less. Hal you are a gorgeous man."

"Come on Macy, quit staring at me. Get to your keyboard. I'll coach from your shoulder."

Macy shed her jacket and sat.

"I'm not a fan of this perfume."

"It could be sweat."

"Nah I'm used to sweating women. It's one of those heavy spice fragrances."

"Yes grandma gave it to me for Christmas."

"Do you have um Joy?"

"Yes."

"Think about wearing that occasionally and then I may like you."

"Yes Mr Pearson."

"Well that's gotten you relaxed. Now just write your story as if you were relating it to your grandmother but cut out the flowery talk. You can then go back and review it as many times as you wish and try to make improvements. But let's get the bones of the body of your story assembled first."

"God you ought to be lecturing in journalism."

"What surrounded by all that tit and leg. I'd be an incoherent mess."

Macy smiled and pressed her fingers together, composing herself.

Hal sat back a little and waited patiently, wondering what she'd be like to plunder. Possibly very good. She appeared physically strong and mentally strong too judging by the way she'd come through her initial immersion at The Sentinel. Her father and mother and grandparents and her great grandfather had been revered as reporters and so much was expected of Macy; the stupid people to whom she'd been assigned had expected too much of this rookie. Well Uncle Hal would show the bastards how wrong they were with their initial assessments of Macy. God she couldn't help being blonde, great-looking and with big tits. But Macy a bimbo? No way, not if she would allow Hal Pearson, former award-winning reporter and award-winning columnist to apply his magic.

Macy was packing up to leave mid afternoon when the news editor Gillian Masters walked on.

"Hi Tracy."

"Hi Mrs Masters. It's Macy."

"Congratulations young woman. I've just come from the editorial conference. There's only more of the same today by way of crime and mayhem and so it has been decided the lead should be the Colonel's bed."

"Omigod, Omigod."

"It's not a favor or an attempt to lick your dad's boots Macy. We simply recognize the huge human interest in this story. Our legal team is satisfied no military regulation is being broken and it won't cost the Colonel his job if political fallout embarrasses his superiors because they know the media would fall on them with vengeance. It's a real fun story and you have written it well."

""Hal helped me."

"Indeed he probably did but I'm very familiar with his style and don't see it here."

"Then his influence is buried."

"The take credit where credit is due dear, there's no reason to fight. But believe you are nowhere near as bad as you have been led to believe. This is why your father insisted you be placed with Hal. Listen to him, learn from him but watch his hands Macy."

As Gillian left Macy giggled at the astounded look fading from Hal's face.

"I thought you were here with me because Alan didn't know what to do with you?"

"Hal please believe me, I had no idea my father was involved."

"I accept that. God I've been conned. Alan presented it as his idea. But it doesn't matter; you're not going to be tossed around like a sack of chaff. You are staying here until you are groomed ready for anything. You are a lovely young lady and..."

"Let's go and have sex. I need to celebrate."

"No let's keep emotion out of our relationship."

"Oooh do you emote when you engage in sex Hal? How interesting."

"Off you go clever lady. Remember there are hours to go before press roll. If something big comes in you'll loose the lead position and you might even be held over."

"I know. They teach us stuff as journalism school Hal and I did work on other newspapers between semesters because daddy didn't want me coming here. I love it you talking about me having the lead or me being held over for another day. It makes the story sound like me."