ABDC Ch. 11

Story Info
Talia deals with old pain and new adventures.
2.3k words
4.54
7.3k
3
0

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/23/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Ding dong*

Run. Run now. There's still a chance, no one has seen you yet. Get out while you can.

Fighting my antisocial instincts to cancel my social plans I reluctantly waited for the door to open. I was greeted with the luminescent smile of my best friend and partner in crime.

"Well if it isn't the disappearing girl!" Tam rushed me into a hug, momentarily taking away my breath.

"I've missed you too" I managed to squeak out

"I know you did darlin', now let's get you fucked up and talk about all the stunning things you've been up to."

I took a deep breath as I crossed the threshold with a feeling this was going to be a long interesting night.

Two hours and MANY drinks later I was falling over myself at whatever hysterical thing Tams new beau, Max, uttered in my direction. I can usually keep my composure when I drink but tonight was different, tonight I was THAT girl.

"Tam Tam the battery ram, if she can't stop you no one can. "

You must be really drunk Natalia Richardson to think you can get away with bringing up my childhood trauma and live to see tomorrow.

Laughing loudly as the bit of wine remaining swished in its glass I hugged Tamberlyn. "Oh Tam, you're my man, come on baby you know I love you. " I crooned to her as I placed a giant kiss on her cheek.

"That's it! I think you've had enough." Tamberlyn groaned as she pushed me off.

I land on the floor giggling uncontrollably

"Oh Tam it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

"Now you're quoting Marilyn Monroe, I'm officially cutting you off."

"Boo, party pooper"

"I'm sorry things didn't work out with the hunky twat, but you can't mope around forever-" she poured out all the stray alcohol left in cups around the apartment "and you definitely can't drink your troubles away."

"Said who?" I murmur into my cup as I sway my hips to The Weekends XO/The Host

"Dance with me" I pull Max up and sway with him to the beat.

I may be beyond tipsy but I am fully aware of Max's hands on my hips as I press my back to his chest.

Suddenly Tamberlyn grabs my arm "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Her eyes glowing redder than her hair.

"We're just dancing Tam." I answer brushing off her anger I walk to the kitchen and pour another drink.
"This isn't you Nat."

I know this isn't me, I never drink this much, I don't even dance let alone grind on my friends current beau. I don't want to be me right now, I wanted to be someone else. Someone who didn't overthink things, and didn't care what other thought.

"This is about Art, isn't it?"

My heart skips a beat at the sound of his name, I haven't heard it out loud in a long time. Just hearing it brought back flashes of his touch, his smell, his kiss. Then came the pain, the memories of our last fight, the pain I caused him, the look in his eyes when I gave up on him, watching him walk out when he gave up on me."

"What the hell happened Nat?" She looks in my eyes with the greatest concern a friend can have. Pangs of guilt shoot through my stomach as I realize what I've done.

"I'm so sorry Tam" I hugged her tight as if I could gain some of her strength through osmosis. She stroked my hair whispering "it's okay" and "everything's gonna be fine" over and over.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The familiar bells and whistles fill the air as I stroll down the boardwalk with Tam. Ever since my mini-meltdown I've been spending more time with Tam and getting my head together so I can refocus on what's important to me, school. After a few slaps and cathartic talks we decided the final thing I needed to clear my head was a ride on the Ferris wheel. The ride is supposed to be very symbiotic, as I reach the top and sit among the stars I'll have ultimate clarity. Tam thinks it's 'a ridiculous waste of a good time' but she's joining me in sister solidarity nonetheless.


"Do you hear that?"


"What the music? It's a street performer, they're everywhere."

"There he is" I turn Tamberlyn around to watch as this [person] strides through the crowd with his acoustic guitar crooning his version of Miguel's 'Sure Thing' to passersbys.

As I watch him strum his guitar I don't realize I've been drifting towards his melodic voice until we lock eyes.

His hazelnut eyes twinkle with flecks of gray as he gets closer pulling me further into his trance.

I hear a hushed exasperation from Tamberlyn that knocks me into reality.I realize how many people are watching him sing to me and my anxiety rises as I shift uncomfortably. He notices and encircles me while continuing to perform.

I try to get out of the circle but he smiles and traps me in my flustration.

Maybe I can at least get Tamberlyn in the circle so I can hide behind her. I inch closer and closer to Tamberlyn.

"Oh no you don't" Tamberlyn whispers as she realizes my plan and fades further into the growing crowd.

I reason to myself that the song is almost over and I can finally die of embarrassment.

As he sings his last oohs and ahhs the crowd burst in applause, some yell encouragement while others are too busy putting tips into his guitar case. I grab Tamberlyn and push through the crowd hoping to be able to run from my embarrassment.


"He was cute why didn't you talk to him?"

"He was a bit too busy singing to talk"

"He's not busy now, stop running from him and take your chance."

"I'd rather go on the Ferris wheel, you know the reason we're here."

"The reason YOU'RE here, I'm just here for the free food and the guy scouting opportunities."
"Free food?"
"You are sponsoring this trip aren't you? I didn't drag my ass out of bed on my one night off to for a symbolic ride on a Ferris wheel"
"Fine, fine I'll buy you dinner." I relent as we push through the throngs of people on the boardwalk, when a face pops up in front of us.

"Hey, sorry about that back there."

It's the crooner from before, did he follow us?

"The singing or the lifetime of regretful twinges I'll have when I think about how I embarrassed I was. Because the singing wasn't so bad."

He chuckled as he adjusted his guitar on his back; I watched as the rays of sunset reflected off of his caramel skin. His crooked smile was laced with sincerity while the grey flecks in his eyes showed prominently during the setting of the sun.

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed it, sometimes I get kinda caught up in the performance. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you love."

"Are you British?"

"How astute, why yes I hail from the British isles."

" That. is. lovely." I slowly reply trying not to melt in my non-expensive fake motorcycle boots.

"Well we have to be off, gotta date with a Ferris wheel."
"OR," Tamberlyn chimed in pushing me closer to the choir boy. "You two could go on the Ferris wheel while I check out what this fried Oreo stand is all about."

"That sounds bloody fantastic" He replied taking my arm before I had a chance to interject.


I watched as Tamberlyn gave me two thumbs up while mouthing "Go get some" before she twirled around grabbing the first handsome guy in arms length and sashaying towards the fried Oreo stand.

¤

"Sorry sir you can't bring the guitar on the Ferris wheel, but I'll be happy to look after it for you."

"Okay but if anything happens to Delilah, I'll hurt you." He threatens as he hesitantly hand over his guitar.

"You don't have to come on the wheel with me if you don't want to leave your guitar. It was more of a me and Tam thing anyways."

"Nonsense, I said I'd take you and I keep my word." He smiled as he took my hand and ushered me into the empty Ferris wheel seat.

"So you named your guitar Delilah? That's very southern for a Brit."
"Well my ex loved that song, it was symbolic I guess.-" He shifted as the wheel pause "So what brings you to the boardwalk?"

"Getting over a guy. You?"

"Getting over a girl."

"Talk about the boulevard of broken dreams."

"Well the boardwalk is just my escape, it goes with the singing. I followed my ex-girlfriend over here from Britain so she could pursue her modeling career."

"You followed your girlfriend across the ocean? That's, love." The grey flecks in his eyes darkened
"Ex-girlfriend, yeah well it was love until she left me for some knob head photographer and I've been kinda stuck here ever since."

"Wow that sucks." He chuckled as he ran his hand over the tiny black ringlets that dangled lightly from his head.

"Yeah but on the positive, I get to ride the ferris wheel with gorge girls."
"Ah so this is like a routine then-" I chuckle as the grey in his eyes become brighter "You serenade girls, stalk them and get them alone on the Ferris wheel."

"Only the really pretty ones, and I don't just get them alone on the Ferris wheel, I get them to stop at the tip top." As if on cue the Ferris wheel comes to a halt as we reach the highest point.

"Then I point out the Ursa Major constellation, while rambling a few facts about the big dipper. I make sure to sound smart but not enough to sound like a complete tosser."

"Wow smooth move Romeo."

"Oh that's not all Luv, after pointing out the stars I take off my jacket-" I watched as he narrated his every move "and I put it over the lucky lady to keep her warm while we sit among the stars."

"And this actually, works?" I asked, very aware of his arm embracing me as he held the jacket on my shoulders.

"You tell me." He whispered as he filled the empty space between us and softly brushed his lips against mine. With our eyes closed in the still of the cold night air, the warmth of his lips leave a radiating trace on me as I beg for their comfort once again. I'm surprised at the want I feel to have his lips pressed against mine. As if answering my thoughts he tenderly kissed my bottom lip. While his hands wrap around my waist pulling me eagerly towards him his tongue parts my lips. I moan as the want of his warmth grows, I slipped my tongue into his mouth and we pressed our bodies closer in the night until there was no more space keeping us apart.

Slowly fading back into reality, our eyes are locked onto each other refusing to relinquish the ethereal moment we shared. Entangled in our kissing session we forget where we are until we hear someone clearing their throat. Apparently we're the last ones on the ride and we've traveled back to the bottom of the wheel.

"Ahem, sorry dude rides closing. I'd love to help you out with another roundabout bruh, but I gotta clock out."

Thomas took my hand and helped me out of the carriage, a good precaution considering the lip session left my legs feeling like jelly.

"Thanks man," Thomas shook the man's hand slipping him an indiscriminate amount of green. I wasn't sure if it was for watching his guitar or stopping the Ferris wheel, maybe both.

What does one say after making out on a Ferris wheel like a high schooler, "Thanks, gotta make curfew?" I just stood there hoping he would take the initiative.
Thomas took my hand and we walked towards the stand where Tamberlyn drifted off.


"Thank you ever so much for allowing me to accompany you on the Ferris wheel, I'm not sure what the original symbolism was but I hope you found what you were looking for."

With those words Thomas kissed me lightly on the cheek and whispered in my ear before turning to walk away.


"What did he say?" I let out a tiny yelp as Tam slid up next to me

"Shit, Tam, you scared the crap out of me."
"Yeah I bet you didn't even see me with your eyes glued to his ass. So what did he say?"

I checked my pockets and sure enough there was a scrap of paper with his phone number. "He said most people are a star in the sky, but I am a constellation."

"Damn that's corny, but he's cute with an accent so not bad."

"Come on Tam let's go I'm getting tired." I replied ignoring her corny comment, I was feeling too good to let her get to me. I grabbed her arm as we walked to the car while I replayed the kiss in my head over and over. I am definitely going to have to give him a call.

"Did he write his phone number down. what he never heard of cell phone swapping, and don't think I didn't see y'all making out up there like a bunch of high schoolers. Y'all are too grown for that. I said he could take my place on the Ferris ride not try to ride you. You're lucky I don't tell your mama."

"Tam-- shut up." We both chuckle as we get in the car and head home.