Adam & Jesse Ch. 08

Story Info
The morning after.
4k words
4.7
17.6k
2
0

Part 8 of the 15 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/22/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tammi
Tammi
30 Followers

Continuing Story - Please read other chapters.

* * * * *

It had only been an hour or so when he felt Jesse stir, and he was awakened by her soft cry. Adam could tell instantly that she was dreaming. She had moved away from him and she had her hands in front of her as if trying to stop someone.

"Stop. " She cried so softly he could barely hear her and saw that she was dreaming.

"Honey, it's just a dream. You're okay. " He held her tightly to him and brushed her hair with his hand trying to comfort her. Within a minute or two, he felt her relax. She looked up at him for just a second and although she was awake, he saw the pain in her eyes that was left by the dream. She turned away from him and lay on her side, the back of her body against him. When he put his arm around her, she took his hand and clutched it tightly to her body. Within seconds she was fast asleep.

Several hours later Adam woke up to find himself alone. He saw that a pair of jeans had been thrown on the bed so he put them on quickly and went to look for Jesse. He was astounded when he walked into the living room. Everything had been cleaned up; there were no traces of the party that took place. The house seemed to be empty. He looked all over and he began to wonder where she was. He finally found her outside, cleaning up the pool area.

"I've been looking all over for you. Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry, I hadn't realized that my cleaning up would scare you. " She said confused.

"No, I mean, I just thought. Oh hell, when I didn't find you, I just immediately got worried. " He said, frustrated. " And why are you cleaning up? Don't you have hired help for that? "

"My, sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Are you always this grouchy in the morning? " Jesse giggled.

"I'm never grouchy in the morning. " He said, regaining his composure. " It must be the environment. Maybe even looking at you like that, it's got me out of sorts. " He now smiled teasingly. She was picking up trash and collecting empty glasses. She had her hair pulled back and was wearing very short shorts with a tube top on and barefooted. Without thinking, he started helping her clean up. " So am I to believe you do the actual cleaning around here? "

"Who else? " She smiled.

"Well, since I know it's not for lack of funds, tell me why you don't hire help for this? "

"I don't know why you seem surprised. I couldn't possibly trust anyone to come into my home and clean."

He burst with laughter. " Jesse darlin, you have tons of people in your home everyday. And we know it's not because you trust them, why not hire people to clean up after them? " He could see he had actually hurt her feelings somehow and was sorry he laughed. " Okay, tell me why."

She carried a tray full of glasses into the house. She began putting them in the dishwasher. He followed her, carrying another tray full.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. " He said, trying to make up with her.

Without thinking, he went to her and gently took hold of her arm wanting just to turn her to face him. She immediately backed up and he quickly released her arm. He saw the distrust on her face and instantly held his arms up in the air and backed off.

"Hey, I wasn't going to hurt you. " He said now realizing how vulnerable she was today. " Jesse this is never going to work if you don't even trust me a little. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. " He could tell there was still distrust in her eyes. He stood quiet for a minute or so and just looked at her. When she was through putting the dishes in the washer, she finally looked at him, laughed and then hugged him tightly. He could feel her body trembling and he was becoming very concerned. He held her for several minutes until she finally let go of him.

"How about if I help you finish cleaning up? " Adam said, treading lightly.

"Okay, there isn't much more to do. " She said, and he saw her relax some.

Damn, he swore to himself, he really wished she would tell him what was wrong. As they began to finish cleaning, he found out that she had only slept for a little while. She had got up and started cleaning up. It amazed him how she could be so alert and energetic with such little sleep. She had relieved his mind letting him know that she didn't do drugs. She had a problem sleeping any length of time. She also explained that she rarely slept in bed, in fact the only times recently were when she had been with him. She told him she usually slept on the couch or the chair. He would have liked to question her about this, but decided not to push it.

"Well, I think you accomplished your task, how about a cup of coffee? " Adam asked when they were through cleaning. Without hesitation, she made fresh coffee and poured them each a cup. She sat at the table, and he sat next to her.

"So, did you sleep okay? " She said, once again flirting with him.

"I slept wonderful, the bed is very comfortable. So was the company."

"You didn't sleep very long, did you need to go home and get some more sleep before work tonight? " Jesse asked, looking at him with a teasing smile.

"Sleep really isn't what I had in mind."

"Now you sound like me! " Jesse giggled.

"Shit! You're a bad influence on me. " He laughed, and got more serious. " So now will you tell me why you don't have hired help to clean? "

" That is really bothering you, isn't it? When people come here and party, they aren't really here paying much attention to my life or me. They are wrapped up in having fun. Cleaning people see whatever went on, go through your things, and no matter what someone else does, it's you they're going to think about. It's your house, your guests, your life, I don't trust that. They'd only assume what they wanted to and talk about those thoughts. I only want people to talk about what I want them to, not what they assume."

" Okay, was that so hard? "

" Yes, it was, because I know how stupid it sounds, but I can't help it."

" It's not stupid, you just have a real problem with trusting people. I wish you would trust me and tell me what's bothering you. I get the feeling you're afraid of something, is that true? "

" I don't know what you mean. " Jesse said, now looking away.

He gently placed his hand under her chin. " Look at me Jesse, you do know what I mean. We both know there's a lot you're not telling me. I'm not blind. You're afraid of something, I can tell. Hell you almost fainted when you heard about Tim Douglas. Why is that? "

"I already told you about that."

" No, come on now. Hell Jesse, you let me make love to you, but you don't trust me enough to tell me what's bothering you."

" That's different. " She finally said, pulling away from him. She got up and poured them each more coffee, before sitting back down.

"Jesse, I am very attracted to you. " He could see this made her uncomfortable. " But as much as I want you, I would rather have you trust me, than sleep with you. I would never do anything that you wouldn't want me to do. Don't you believe me? "

"I believe you."

"Then tell me what are you're afraid of? Maybe I can help. " He said. She finally looked back at him, her eyes wary. He wanted to just wrap his arms around her and take away whatever it was that was making her feel this way. This feeling surprised him, seeing as he knew her for only a short time and knew very little about her. Yet the feeling was very strong.

"I don't want you involved with my business. I thought you understood. " She gave him her special smile. " I just want to have fun and see if I can drive you crazy."

"Honey, you already have succeeded in doing that. But I'm relieved to know it hasn't been as obvious as I thought it was. " He said, shaking his head smiling.

" Well, not that obvious. " She teased.

"Okay, so now that we have that straightened out, would you mind explaining a few things? "

" You need explaining. " She continued to tease.

"Stop now, and be serious. I know that's not in your nature, but will you talk to me now? "

" Are you sure you can concentrate on other things. I mean it's rather hard for me to concentrate with you sitting here so close, your chest looking so damn good. " She gently traced her fingers up one side of his arm, then lightly across his chest.

"What is it that you want me to do right now? " He said seriously and looked at her letting her see the desire in his eyes.

The phone rang, startling both of them. Jesse hesitated, and he could tell she wasn't sure what to do, but she got up to answer it.

"Hello. " Jesse said and listened to the person on the other end for several minutes. " I see. Well thank you very much. I will be in tomorrow to take care of that and while I'm there I want the balance on the outstanding loans. " She said slightly impatient. She now stood behind him and was running her hand through his hair. He knew her well enough to see that she was trying to stall him once again. What he wasn't sure of was his own strength to resist her. " Read over my proposal and give me your answer tomorrow. I'm busy right now. Good-bye. " Jesse said and hung up.

"Is everything okay? " He asked, and he felt her hands running down his back. She leaned against him and softly kissed his neck, her hands now caressing his chest.

"Just business. " She whispered in his ear, nibbling at it as she did.

"It seems everything is business with you. " He said leaning his head back against her and having a very hard time concentrating.

"Not everything, sweetheart. Not you. " She lightly kissed the side of his neck.

"I still want to know what's bothering you. " Adam whispered, his strength weakening.

"You'll just have to wait, there are more important things to do. " She said, and slowly started to walk away from him.

" And that would be? " He asked already knowing. He was looking at her and when she turned back to face him he saw the twinkle in her eye and the naughty grin on her face.

"Getting naked. That is if you can catch me. " She laughed, and started running away.

He chased her, finally catching her when she was opening the door to her room. He picked her up and she was giggling now. He gently threw her on the bed and pinned her down with him straddling her.

"Is that really all you ever want Jesse, fun and fucking? " Adam said teasing her.

"That's right. It's not like you don't you know. " She laughed, still encouraging him and he felt her hips moving under him.

"I really shouldn't let you have your own way again. There are a lot of other important things you know. " He teased her and with his hands pinning down her arms, he kissed her hard on the mouth.

"Maybe, but there's only one thing important right now. " She said, obviously becoming more excited. " Come on Adam."

" You know what Jesse, " He whispered to her and began kissing her neck and behind her ears. " I'm not going to let you use sex this way every time you don't want to talk about something. " He released her and got up sitting on the chair across from the bed.

"Have I done something wrong? " She now sounded frustrated. He sat staring at her, wondering about the things she avoided talking about.

"I want to know more about you, Jesse. Will you please tell me what is bothering you? "

"You want to talk about that now? " She asked.

"I wanted to talk about it earlier."

"Why do you have to persist with this? You don't hear me asking about you and I don't know that much either. " She said up, starring at him in defiance.

"Yes, you don't ask, which also puzzles me. You don't want to know about me, you don't want me to know about you, yet it's obvious you want me to make love to you. I don't understand this. " He said irritated.

"Fine, what do you want to know? " She said angry now.

"I want to know what is bothering you and what does it have to do with Tim Douglas."

"Reese is bothering me. Reese has a long police record and the only reason I didn't press charges against him for the things he did to me, was because he promised he would help get my company back from Gerald. I agreed as long as he agreed to the divorce."

"Why the hell did you marry him to begin with? " Adam interrupted.

"He was persuasive and I was inebriated. I didn't know about his record at that time either. That's not what this is about anyway. He has the nerve now to report the Corvette stolen, then Tim turns up dead shortly after I get the car. Do you realize how that looks for me? " She said.

"What exactly is it that you're worried about? "

"Do we have to talk about this? " She sighed and walked away from him, returning to the living room where she poured herself a glass of wine.

"Is the car stolen? "

"I don't see how it's possible to steal your own vehicle? And since it is sitting in your driveway, it's not like I've been hiding it. " She said, slightly sarcastic. " I did have a hell of a time getting it away from Tim. Gerald pays him well to keep me from getting in there. That was him chasing me around your yard. He wasn't real happy."

"What the hell were you doing anyway, putting yourself in danger to get a car? Especially if it's yours to begin with. " Adam not only felt angry at what she was doing but also confused.

"That's what the problem is. Gerald seems to think that the company and everything in it is solely his. He even forgets that he has several other shareholders, including me. He makes it very complicated for me to do anything over there. That is what I have been fighting with him for years over. In fact, that's why he and Reese have now more or less become a hobby of mine, you might say."

"That is your hobby? Are you nuts? " He couldn't begin to comprehend what she was telling him.

"I do it because it pisses them off that I can and there's not a damn thing they can do about it."

"Right, just have you beaten up, bruised, hell one of them might even decide to take care of you once and for all. Isn't that what Mark was warning you about? "

"That's all besides the point. I'm fighting for what's mine. Gerald has stolen my company from me and from what I can tell; Reese has decided to help him keep it. This also has nothing to do with us, and I don't see why we need to discuss it. " She said with a matter of fact tone.

"Because I'm concerned about you. Because I want to know what exactly you're afraid of. You still haven't told me that. " He said frustrated by her.

"They both know I'm pushing to have them out of there. The could even try and make it look like I had something to do with Tim's death. Now you got your information, I hope you're happy. " Jesse said sounding disgusted.

"I'm not sure they could do that, but if they are capable of things like that, why don't you go to the authorities for help? I'm sure you know enough about some of what they do that they would listen to you."

"I have to take care of it myself. " She said now staring at him.

"Even if that means risking your life to do it? Is that what you're trying to tell me? That's the real reason you want me to stay out of your business, isn't it? "

"Yes, I don't want you having a problem with me doing certain things and start trying to stop me just because we're fooling around."

"If you went to the authorities, you wouldn't have to do this. It's almost as if you want them to come after you. " He said, angry and confused at how stubborn she was.

"First, I do these things because I want to. Second, I don't trust anyone enough to help me. I have been told many times how someone was going to take care of this and either they got hurt or I did. I have no intentions of stopping what I'm doing or depending on someone to take care of this for me."

"You're right then, I'm not sure I can handle that kind of relationship, especially knowing you're out there trying to get yourself killed. " He said flatly.

"Go home, I'm tired. " She said and started walking towards her room.

"That's really how you want it? You're not going to argue or at least persuade me differently? " He asked shocked that she had turned her back to him like that.

"Go back to playing with the women who actually need you and only pretend to want sex. You seem to enjoy that and that's just not who I am. I'm going to take a shower. Please go home."

Damn, he thought to himself, the whole thing was a mess. But he couldn't understand why she insisted on putting herself in such a situation. He thought about waiting for her to come out, but changed his mind. He went home, deciding it was better this way.

Later that night, as he was leaving for work, he looked over at Jesse's to see if she had company and was surprised to see that her house was dark. He thought about going over to make sure she was all right, but he figured she probably was sleeping.

The next day he went to work as usual and it went by without any problems. Throughout the day his thoughts would return to Jesse. He wanted to talk to her, but he had reservations. He wanted to make her stop going after Gerald like she was. There was no telling how much danger she could be in, but from what he now knew about her, that wasn't going to be an easy task and he wasn't sure how long he would be staying.

In the middle of the week Rusty, one of the woman he saw on occasion, had come in to see him at work. She was a very attractive blonde with a great body, he thought. She stood 5'8, had blue eyes, and she loved sex. She was constantly traveling with her job, and would come to see him when she was in town for a day or so. He was happy to see her and thankful for the distraction.

After work, he had a few drinks with her and they were dancing when Jesse and Doug walked in and sat at a table. He noticed right away Jesse watching him. After the dance, he sat at the bar with Rusty standing leaning against him. She had her arm around his neck and was playing with his hair.

Jesse and Doug danced and he saw Doug kiss her. Jesse pulled away quickly but was laughing. He stood up and put his arm around Rusty and left the bar. He didn't want to watch Jesse playing games. He drove to his house where Mark and Terri were playing pool in the basement. Both of them had already met Rusty and they all talked for a while. Shortly Rusty told him she would meet him upstairs.

"What the hell are you doing? " Mark asked after she had gone.

"What's you're problem? " Adam asked.

"What about Jesse? "

"What about her? Hey, have you forgotten I'm not into that one on one relationship shit? Besides, didn't you tell me she wasn't either? " He said angrily and walked away. The rest of the week went pretty much the same. He spent his off being entertained by Rusty and trying hard not to think about Jesse. It didn't escape him that although she was home, she only had one car parked at her house. He figured it was Doug.

During the next week he was beginning to hear rumors about the company being taken over. He heard that people were going to start losing their jobs once new management came in. None of the rumors he believed, mostly because he had a good idea who started them. He did see a note stating that any bartender free to work the coming weekend should call her. Finally after almost two weeks, Jesse was throwing a party. He came home from work and was relieved that it was Friday.

"Mark, have you heard from Jesse at all? " Adam asked.

"No, but I heard that her consultant will be at our company Monday. I thought you weren't interested in her. " Mark grinned.

"So she is buying your company after all? " He said ignoring the other comment.

"Was there any doubt? I told you she always gets what she wants. " Mark said and shook his head laughing at him.

"And what's that supposed to mean? "

"Oh, I think you can figure that out for yourself. I heard she was planning on partying all weekend. Her college friends will be in town. It should be pretty wild."

Tammi
Tammi
30 Followers
12