Adam's Best Friend

Story Info
A business trip leaves his girlfriend with his best friend.
14.8k words
4.35
187.8k
239
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D_Lynn
D_Lynn
1,366 Followers

***

One

***

I bit my lip as he drove into me. It'd been at least a week since the last time we'd had sex.

Adam didn't seem to notice, but I could hardly think of anything else as my inner vaginal tissue pulled and stretched with every stroke. I was going to be sore, that was certain. After a minute, things got better. Less resistance, more lubrication.

He picked up the pace and began pumping his hips in a furious rhythm. I placed my hands above my head and pushed against the headboard to keep my crown from tapping it. He sank deeper inside as a result, and my insides rapidly heated. I could feel my inner muscles begin to quiver with early signs of my own quickening.

"Fuck," Adam groaned. He grunted a few times as he rammed his pelvis for his final strokes, uttering obscenities with each thrust. "Shit. Fuck."

I looked up at him. His face was turned to the side with his eyes clamped shut. Sweat beaded along his brow. He lifted his arm to wipe his forehead, then opened his eyes and chuckled as he patted my thighs.

"That was good, baby."

I nodded and smiled. It wasn't earth-shattering, and I didn't come, but it was still good. Sex was just like that for me. Not fantastic, but good enough to do again.

Adam pulled out abruptly. "I'm late. I've gotta get goin'."

He had a flight to catch. I understood. I knew this was going to be a 'quickie' before we even got going. "Need me to help you with anything?"

He shook his head as he pulled his jeans up his legs. "Nope. I've got everything."

"You're not going to take a quick shower before you go?"

"Nah. Don't want to risk it. I'll shower after I check-in at the hotel. My meetings don't start until tomorrow morning."

I didn't attempt to get myself dressed while he was scrambling around in a hurry. It would just piss him off. The master bedroom in his apartment wasn't big enough for both of us to be moving around.

"I'll try to call you, but these things keep me pretty busy. We usually go out for dinner and drinks after the meetings. You know how it is. Need to wind down. But call me if something comes up. Or text me."

"Okay. I will. Friday night, right?"

"Yeah. Shit. Did I forget to send you my itinerary?"

I nodded.

"Sorry, babe. I'll send it tomorrow if I think about it."

Adam stood up after tying his last shoe and leaned over to kiss me. A chaste kiss.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too."

"I asked Gary to look in on you, so don't be surprised if he just shows up. You know how he is."

I nodded and smiled. When Adam and I first started dating, Gary was infamous for interrupting us while having sex. He had a key and used it. After a few times, though, he started knocking.

Adam stepped through the bedroom doorway and took long strides toward his suitcase which was waiting just inside the front door. He checked his pockets and glanced about hurriedly, not looking for anything specific as much as just checking to see if there was something obvious he was missing.

I sat up on the bed, pulling the covers over my legs and allowing them to pool at my hips. I could easily see him from where I sat. Adam's one-bedroom apartment wasn't that big.

Adam glanced in my direction and waved as he lifted his suitcase. "I'm off. Love you, babe. See you Friday."

"Okay. Love you, too."

Without a second glance, he was out the front door. I listened to his labored footsteps as he schlepped his suitcase to the car. The unmistakable sound of the trunk unlatching, a heavy thud, and then the trunk closing again. Moments later, the engine turned over and the gears cranked into reverse. Then drive. Then a few seconds later, silence.

I heaved a sigh. It all happened in a flash. One second he was pumping his hips furiously into mine, and the next, he was gone.

Warm liquid seeped from my freshly fucked hole. "Oh, shit." I scrambled up, trying to catch it before it left a wet spot. Too late. I took short, shuffling steps to the bathroom and plopped my ass down on the commode to allow the rest of his payload to slither out of me. Then I urinated.

My thoughts drifted aimlessly from one topic to the next. Nothing important or pressing. I feel ... unmotivated. Lazy.

Yawning and stretching as I stood, I walked to the shower and turned on the water to get it warmed up. I remembered I needed to lock the front door, so I padded my naked body through the apartment just in time to hear the last ring of my cell before it rolled to voice mail.

"Oh, shit, what'd he forget?"

I lifted it from the counter and checked the screen. Gary. I set it back down and stood there for a few seconds, fully intending to ignore the call, when I heard my voicemail chime to let me know he'd left a message. What if Adam called him and he needs something?

I reluctantly lifted my cell and listened to the voice message from Gary.

"Kate, hi. It's Gary. Just calling to see if everything is okay. I couldn't remember what time that loser said he was leaving. If he's still there, you have my permission to tell him that he's a loser. And that he's going to regret asking me to take care of his girlfriend while he's gone. Because after I'm through with you, you'll never go back to loser-ville. Bye, babe. I'll drop by later. Unless you've already decided to dump him and are planning to be busy. Then, just call me."

I chuckled at Gary's message. He was joking, of course. He and Adam had been best friends since grade school. I adored him. From the first time we met, he did everything in his power to make me feel comfortable around them. It wasn't easy. A lot of time I felt like a third wheel around the two of them. But Gary did everything he could to lessen that feeling.

I wish I knew someone to hook him up with. I had lots of single girlfriends, but none of them that seemed suitable for Gary. He deserved someone fun. Uncomplicated. Stunning, to match his gorgeous looks.

Gary stood about six feet tall, athletic build. He had medium brown hair and golden brown eyes. He picked up a tan just from walking past an open window, it seemed. Straight, white teeth. Incurable razor stubble. He always looked as if he'd just rolled out of bed. There just weren't that many women who could match that sex appeal.

And if that wasn't enough, he was nice, and funny, and charming, to boot. Damn-near perfect.

I scampered back to the bathroom and stepped into the shower. I mentally went over my list of friends in my head again, searching for someone appropriate for Gary. Worthy. No one came to mind. If they were pretty enough, their personality didn't fit. If they were stable enough, they were already spoken for. No wonder he's still single. Good single women are hard to find.

Gary hadn't dated one girl since I'd started seeing Adam. Six ... No, seven months now. I thought he was gay at first. Maybe in denial. But I quickly realized I was wrong. He was straight. He confessed to me once, while Adam was passed out drunk on the sofa, that he wasn't interested in a casual relationship. That when the right girl came along, he'd know it.

So, he hung out with us most of the time. When he wasn't working, that is. He had two jobs. His full time job was at the airport, managing one of the ground crews there. He started early in the morning, around five, and got off at three. And then, a couple nights a week he bartended at the new Mediterranean restaurant.

Adam said he didn't need two jobs. He had a nice contract with the airport. But, he liked the social aspect of bartending. And he got a lot of extra cash from tips, judging from what I'd seen. He was just charming enough, without being cocky or presumptuous, to attract the ladies without pissing off the gentlemen. I'd say he was non-threatening, but that wouldn't be quite right. I'd observed several ladies giving Gary the telltale come-hither look as their date turned around. If one of those guys caught that, they'd consider Gary plenty a threat.

But he never acted on even one of those silent invitations. Never so much as gave a single indication that he was interested. If they persisted, he'd flash them his polite smile and excuse himself to come talk to us. Other nights, he'd go to the back and send his manager out to tend bar for fifteen minutes or so. They got the hint.

***

The rest of that Sunday went pretty much the way I expected. Like most Sundays. It was still the weekend, but with the unmistakable dread of Monday crawling over it.

I listened to music. Read the paper. Did laundry. Adam texted me to let me know he'd arrived alright.

As I was staring at the pantry wondering what I was going to do for dinner, Gary knocked on the door. I unlocked the deadbolt and swung the door open.

"Hey."

"Hey, sugar. How's it going?" Gary leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. "Have you figured out you're better off without that loser boyfriend of yours, yet?"

"Not yet."

"What can I do to help convince you?" Gary wagged his eyebrows and grinned.

"Are you flirting with me?"

"You can only call it flirting if you're not serious, right?"

"No. Flirting is flirting. What's got you in such a good mood?"

"I am off from the restaurant until Friday night. They're training a new guy to pick up some shifts."

"I thought you liked working there?"

Gary shrugged. "I do. As far as work goes, anyway. But I am looking forward to a full week with my favorite Katydid."

"You don't have to babysit me, you know."

The grin fell from Gary's face and was replaced by a mock frown. "It's not babysitting. I'm looking forward to this; don't ruin it for me."

I laughed. "Alright, I won't. Have you eaten?"

"Nope."

"About the only thing we have here is spaghetti. Will that work?"

"Sure."

"I probably should've gone to the store today. I'll need to do that sometime this week, don't let me forget."

I turned on the tap to get the water warm and then moved to the pantry to retrieve the noodles and sauce. Gary bent down to get a pot. He knew where everything was in that kitchen better than I did.

"What have you been up to today?"

Gary shrugged. "Not much. Chores. Did shithead text you to let you know he made it?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Probably in the shower right now."

Gary glanced at the clock on the microwave before turning on the electric burner. "Do we have any shows recorded from last week that we haven't seen?"

"I think I'm caught up, but feel free to see what we have saved. I don't mind watching them again."

"Damn, you say the sexiest things."

Gary flashed his teasing smile over his shoulder as he sauntered to the living room. He's in such a playful mood. What has gotten into him?

A few seconds later, Gary walked back in the kitchen. "Hey, why don't I run to the grocery store and get a bottle of wine to drink with dinner?"

"That sounds good. I haven't had wine in forever." Adam didn't like wine, so we never drank it.

"I'll be back in a few."

I walked into the bedroom after Gary had gone to pull the covers up over the bed. It had dawned on me that I hadn't remade the bed after stripping it earlier. It could wait until after he left, but I just felt it was polite to at least cover the bare mattress with the comforter.

I picked up pieces of newspaper that I'd tossed on the floor and coffee table, and then went back to the kitchen to monitor the progress of dinner. Gary walked back through the front door as I was pouring the pasta into the colander.

"Hey, great timing."

Gary set the wine on the counter and then pressed his chest to my back. His voice sounded husky in my ear. "Miss me?"

I tilted my head to the side to put a little distance between his mouth and my ear. He'd always been friendly with me, and definitely flirtatious, but this was a little much. It was out of character for him. But it dawned on me that it was also the first time we'd spent any significant amount of time alone. "If you don't watch yourself, I'm going to tell Adam."

Gary pulled away. "You wouldn't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because then we couldn't flirt anymore."

He had a point. We did flirt with each other quite a bit. There'd always been this chemistry between us. Nothing we would ever act on, but just an energy that seemed to bounce between us that danced on the edge of sexual. "True."

Gary pulled the corkscrew from the drawer and worked on the wine while I served the pasta. Then we migrated to the living room to dine.

Two hours and one bottle of wine later, we sat on the floor sharing ridiculous stories about ourselves.

"When Adam and I were like fifteen, we borrowed his Dad's car to go riding around town."

"Did you get busted?"

"Oh, yeah. Big time."

"How?"

"We went over to this girl's house. Shit, I don't even remember her name. Anyway, the neighbor across the street recognized the car and called Adam's mom."

"What happened?"

"Oh, God, shit hit the fan. This girl had a friend and we were all upstairs making out when Adam's mom and this girl's mom walked in together. Holy shit, she was mad. I think he got grounded for a month over that."

"What happened with the girls? Did you ever see them again?"

"Oh, hell no. It was just something to do at the time."

"Have you ever seriously dated anyone?"

Gary shrugged. "A couple. You?"

My brow furrowed. "You don't call Adam and me serious?"

Gary's eyes flew open wide. "I, uh, I didn't mean that. I mean, I guess I don't know how serious you guys are."

"Gary...I practically live here. Most of my stuff is here. I haven't slept at my apartment in a month."

"Then why keep it?"

I opened my mouth to say something and then shut it again. I didn't have an answer. The truth was we hadn't talked about it. I'd been moving my stuff over to Adam's place one overnight bag at a time until most of it was there, but we never really talked about making the move official. "I don't know."

"Are you happy, Kate?"

"What do you mean? Of course, I'm happy. We've been laughing for hours."

"That's not what I meant. Does Adam make you happy?"

I shrugged. "Yeah. You know ... We have our moments, but it's mostly good."

"And the sex?"

His question shocked me. "I can't believe you're asking me this. Adam is your best friend. I can't talk to you about our sex life."

"Why not? We've talked about everything else. You just told me about your first blow job less than an hour ago."

"That's different. You weren't best friends with that guy."

"I'm not going to say anything to Adam. Anyway, I'm not looking for details. I just want to know if, you know, everything is good in that department."

"Why?"

Gary shrugged and shook his head. "It's no big deal. Forget I asked."

I felt guilty about not trusting Gary. He hadn't done anything to indicate that I couldn't trust him. Ever. "It's okay, I guess. We don't, you know, do it very often. Before this morning, I think it had been a week."

"Why so infrequent?"

"I don't know. Stress. We tend to drink at night to unwind, and then we're too tired to fool around."

"That sucks."

"What about your sex life?"

Gary lifted up his right hand and wiggled his fingers. "Rosy."

"It's so much easier for guys."

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"Well shit, for one, anytime a girl wants sex she can get it. All she has to do is ask."

"Not true."

"Sure it is. Doesn't matter what she looks like, either. All she'd have to do is stand up on a chair at a bar and announce that she is horny and wants sex, and there would be some guy there dying to help her out."

"You wouldn't, though. I've seen gorgeous women hitting on you while you work and you never take them up on it."

Gary shook his head.

"Why not?"

"Good question. I don't know."

"Then what you say about any woman being able to get laid at any time doesn't apply to me tonight, then."

"Are you asking me if I would have sex with you if you asked?"

I shook my head and held up my palm. "Don't answer. I don't want to know. We shouldn't even talk about something like that."

"You're right. We shouldn't. I really should be hitting the road, anyway. I have to be up early tomorrow."

I hated that there was suddenly this awkwardness between us. It felt so wrong. "Are you coming over tomorrow night for dinner again?"

"Yeah. Planning on it."

"Good. I don't really like eating alone."

We both started making our way toward the front door. "It's my turn to cook tomorrow night. Maybe we'll grill out."

"Sounds good."

Gary held my shoulders firmly as he leaned over to kiss my cheek. He held me still while he spoke softly. "I would, by the way. Have sex with you if you asked me."

He released my shoulders and disappeared through the doorway.

***

Two

***

I slept like shit.

It was the only time I'd slept in Adam's bed alone. This was the first time he'd gone out of town for business. It was an annual event. Every May his company flew everyone to Las Vegas for a week of meetings. The way Adam described it, it was grueling. Session after session inside meeting rooms, followed by evening events designed to promote collaboration and team building. They ended up being long days for Adam. He'd warned me many times that he would not be available to talk. And that he would most likely come back wiped-out and in need of sleep for several days.

I should've just gone to my own apartment and stayed there this week. Why didn't I?

It was a reasonable question, and one that I had no answer. I suppose I thought it would feel too much like being single again. I thought I might miss Adam too much. But so far I hadn't missed him at all. He's only been gone one day.

My mind drifted back to Gary. I'd spent most of my sleepless night thinking about the last thing he said to me. It didn't bother me that he said it. It bothered me that I liked him saying it.

I could still hear his raspy voice. Every time I thought back on it, my body responded. It sent a zing straight to my clit. It was deliciously naughty. And so, so wrong. But I didn't care about any of that. No one could tell what I was thinking. Thank the gods that people can't read minds. How many marriages would end over silly, random attractions to strangers?

But Gary wasn't a stranger. He was Adam's best friend. In a lot of ways, he was becoming my best friend.

"You should come with us tonight, Kate."

Tracy's voice snapped me out of my reverie. "Where are you going?"

"I don't know for sure. We meet at this cute little bar and restaurant that just opened up and decide there. They have the cutest bartender."

My mind instantly went back to Gary. "I have plans tonight."

"I thought Adam was out of town this week."

"He is. His best friend is sort of babysitting me. He's cooking me dinner tonight."

"Okay. Well, we'll probably go out again Thursday or Friday."

"Adam gets back Friday. Let me know if you go out Thursday, though."

My desk phone lit up with a call. Tracy waved and disappeared.

Two hours later, I was ready to shutdown for the day. I cleaned off my workspace and waited impatiently, tapping my toe against the leg of my chair and drumming my fingers on the desktop as my computer backed up files and proceeded through the shutdown sequence. Why am I so anxious? I couldn't wait to get out of there.

It had been a fairly typical Monday. Actually, maybe a little slower than usual. There was no reason to feel like I needed to dash. Gary. I shook my head. No, that's not it. That's definitely not why I want to get home. The apartment is going to be empty when I get there.

I spotted his Ford Mustang in the parking lot of Adam's apartment complex. My heartbeat ratcheted a notch but I tried to ignore what that might mean. I'm in love with Adam. Keep that in your head and you'll be fine.

D_Lynn
D_Lynn
1,366 Followers