Adam's Journey Pt. 37

Story Info
About Adam and his new friend.
6.7k words
4.37
20.8k
1
0

Part 37 of the 50 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 03/30/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
stormdog
stormdog
192 Followers

He turned back to the sink and began to wash his hands, and I realized that he needed to do so after getting himself stowed away and before returning to the kitchen. For that matter, I needed to wash mine. He was quiet for a moment, lost in thought, then he spoke.

"Did you see the signs, where you came into town?"

"Uh, no, I wasn't paying too much attention. Plus, it was still very dark out."

"Well, there are signs where you come in on the highway, both sides of town, about our rodeo queen and her wins, her trophys - turn around and look as you drive out. That's our Tiffy. She's kind of a local celebrity here. Everybody feels like she belongs to all of us, and she's such a sweet lady that she gives that back to the town."

He paused. "I threw a little money her way a few years back, and she set up a riding camp for the kids, she teaches them how to ride, and how to care for horses. The parents love her, and the kids just adore her. She's their hero. The one year she didn't win the trophy, the girl that won had trained with Tiff and was riding a horse they raised and trained together. I think she got an even bigger kick out of that than winning herself."

"Yeah, I saw the way she greeted everyone, and talked with them. She seemed to be very well-liked. That Toby guy gave her a little grief, but other that that..."

He barked a laugh. "Toby! Yeah, Toby's a little bit of a devil, but he's really very protective of Tiff. Now."

"What does that mean?"

"Well, Toby was Ian's best friend, they've been that way since they were kids, and I know he's given Tiff a lot of shit over the years, but once he was convinced of what Ian had been doing to her - and that wasn't easy - he fucking went crazy!"

"He was pissed at her?"

"No Adam, at Ian! He got a couple of buddies and they went hunting for him, but he had hightailed it out by then and apparently was smart enough to just keep on going. Otherwise I think he'd be buried out in the desert somewhere."

Pops moved away from the sink to dry his hands, and I stepped up to wash mine. "That wouldn't have been all bad, in my opinion. Too bad they didn't catch him."

"Yeah. Well, Ian can never set foot here again. But anyway, now Toby feels like I do. We fucked up bad, we didn't see the signs, and we let Tiffy down. We love that girl Adam, and we owe her. We look out for her."

There was something in his voice, and without thinking I asked what had been on my mind. "Pops, are you and Tiffany lovers?"

His dark face completely expressionless, we locked eyes. Neither of us blinked.

His voice was flat, dangerous. "Is that any of your business Adam? Would you think less of her if we were?"

I shrugged. "What, because you're black? No, it's not any of my business, and no, Pops, I wouldn't. It's just the way you talk about her, and her about you, I thought there was some kind of serious bond there. Forget I asked."

He considered that, then chuckled. "No, it's OK. I guess I'm a little over-protective sometimes. I suppose you could call us lovers, I do love her, but not like that. She just gets so lonely sometimes, or so down." He paused, and I hoped he'd go on. He did.

"Sometimes she just needs somebody, she needs to be held, and she'll just show up at my house, late at night. I'll just lay there awake all night sometimes, holding her, and she sleeps." He smiled. "She says that's the best she ever sleeps anymore."

"Other times she needs more, she needs to feel like a woman, and yes, we make love." He paused, waiting to see what I'd say. What could I possibly say?

"She's lucky to have such a good friend Pops."

"Huh, well, you know what's funny? I think I'm the one that's lucky!" He paused. "I fuck some of the ladies around here, as you saw, and I make love to several different women in this town, in various circumstances, some married, some single, but Tiffy is the only one that really makes love to me. You know what I mean? "

"Yeah Pops, I think I do. Why don't you marry her?"

He snorted. "Nah, it's not like that! I'm not really a one-woman man, never will be, and right now she's not a one-man woman. We love each other, but not as husband and wife. She needs some young guy that can keep up with her, that can ride, and wrestle steers and all that shit." He laughed. "She offered to take me riding once, to teach me to ride, until I reminded her that this fat nigger on a horse would be cruelty to animals!"

I laughed at his description. "Well, maybe you could take turns - you know, the horse could carry you for awhile, then you could carry him, that might work."

He laughed and slapped me on the back again, rattling my teeth. "You're OK Adam! Tiff usually has a pretty good sense when it comes to people, I guess her experience has taught her that at least. Now c'mon, let's get the hell out of the damn john, I need to get back to work."

We walked out and up the hall, me trailing him. As we passed the room where all the activity had taken place I noticed that the door was now closed tightly, but I could hear the voices of the couple within, talking softly to each other. Apparently they were still basking in the afterglow, or whatever. Pops turned and wiggled his eyebrows at me, and I had to laugh. He had a pretty sweet set-up here, and he obviously knew how to enjoy it and still not get shot by anyone's husband; he'd been here, and stayed alive, for many years.

I wondered how many times he got laid per week, and by how many different women. And/or their husbands. Hmmm. I thought maybe I'd watch for an XXXXL t-shirt that said 'Oversexed' on it to send to him.

I glanced at my watch as we walked out. Shit, it was almost eight o'clock and I was supposed to be meeting Ron and Kori at about nine, roughly an hour away. No problem, except I didn't really want to leave yet. I wanted to talk to Tiffany some more, and get to know her a little better. I don't really know why I felt that way, there was no future in it, but the last four hours had gone by far too quickly for me.

Tiffany was at the register, ringing out a slender young guy in a cowboy hat, and they were laughing and kidding with each other, obviously someone she knew pretty well. There was only one other occupied table, a booth near mine with a youngish-middle aged couple sitting across from each other. They smiled and exchanged a few pleasantries with Pops as he went by, more of his friends.

I couldn't help but wonder. The woman was fairly attractive, and I noticed her blue eyes following Pops as he walked away. She was a very pale-skinned redhead, which would make a lovely contrast.

I walked past Tiffany, at the register, holding my cell phone up over the guy's shoulder so she would know I was stepping out to make a call, and she nodded. It was getting warm outside already. Kori answered on the second ring.

"Hi K, it's me."

"Hi Adam, sorry I bothered you before. Are you at the marina?"

"You're never a bother K, and no, I'm not quite there. I'm about an hour north. Are you there?"

"Not quite, but we can see it. Probably about twenty or thirty minutes out still."

"Oh. Hey, listen would you and Ronnie mind too much if I was a little late?"

"Well, no I guess not. We can always drop anchor and go fuck for awhile or something. Car problems?"

"No. Actually, I met a woman, a really fascinating woman, and we're talking."

Kori laughed. "Trust you to find a woman in the middle of the desert Adam. Did you charm her pants off with your gruff and rugged exterior and little boy innocence?"

I laughed. "Yeah, something like that. So you don't mind?"

"No, take your time. Call me when you get close. You should have a signal near the marina, we do."

"Thanks K. Tell Ronnie thanks for me."

"I'll just give him a blowjob, he won't even think of you. See you in a little while Adam."

She hung up. Good friends. I walked back inside.

I saw the cowboy from the cafe climbing into his pick-up as I turned to walk back inside. Tiff was busy serving the other couple in the restaurant their meals, so when I discovered that my mug of coffee sitting on the table was cold I walked up and went behind the counter and grabbed the pot, dumping out my cup and the dregs of Tiffany's and refilling them with the steaming liquid. Turning to carry them back to the table, I heard Pops call out "My other waitress is a lot prettier!"

I turned and grinned at him. "You sure got that right - much cuter tush too!"

Tiffany rejoined me shortly after I returned to the table. "What took you so long? Your coffee got cold, as you've noticed."

"I ran into Pops, and we got to talking. You were right, he's a pretty interesting guy, maybe a little crazy. He sure cares about you."

"Yeah, he's the best. He mother-hens me a little bit, but he means well. I can probably use a little mother-henning sometimes."

"Yeah, we all probably could. Now where were we?"

She thought for a moment. "I think I was telling you about Pops and his legendary sexual status around town. I don't suppose there's any reason for me to tell you any more about that now, is there?"

"Probably not. A picture is worth a thousand words, or some other similar but appropriate cliche' should cover it."

"Well then, you've kind of heard my story, why don't you tell me yours?" She glanced at her watch. "Or do you have to leave to meet your friends?"

"No, that's who I was calling. I got a little reprieve. I had to tell them that I met this incredibly fascinating, beautiful woman and just couldn't tear myself away."

She smiled and shook her head. "Very smooth. And they bought that?"

"It's pretty easy to sell the truth. But listen, about my story. I thought I was having a rough time and was feeling a little sorry for myself, but compared to what you've been through it would just sound like I was whining, so let's forget it, OK?"

She shrugged. "So just tell me about the good stuff. Surely there must be some good stuff going on, or you would have ordered the ham and cyanide omelette and a cup of hemlock."

I laughed. "True. I suppose I could do that." I paused for a second or two. "Tiff, have you ever been on a houseboat trip?"

I don't know where that came from, I had not had any intention of throwing that out there. I now had two choices: I could try to cover it up as a lead-in to some story I was going to tell her about houseboat hi-jinks, or I could be honest and ask her to come with me on the trip, which is what I really, desperately wanted to do.

After hearing her story and learning how cautious and hesitant she was around unfamiliar men - and why - I had decided that I wanted to ask her to accompany me, but that there was no way I could. But now I had blurted it out anyway.

She regarded me evenly. "No, I haven't. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I just, uh, I was..." As I tried to formulate an answer that sounded neither too piggish nor too lame, the couple Pops had been 'entertaining' walked out of the hall and into the restaurant. The woman, Gloria, was just ambling along, seeming almost dazed, or unfocused. She had a small, satisfied smile on her face, and I could see that her neck and upper chest were still flushed with the aftermath of her incredible arousal.

I think I could have spotted the fact that she had recently been well and thoroughly fucked, and satisfied, from at least fifty yards away, and they were considerably closer than that. I imagined I could smell the sexual musk emanating from her.

Harold had his arm around her shoulder, half guiding, half supporting her. He obviously needed to get her home for a nice warm bath and a nap. He too seemed quite pleased with the day's events thus far, and it was still very early. He guided her out the door, calling out a goodbye to Pops as he left and waving at Tiffany. I swear I could see a small dribble of semen running down the back of her thigh, below her skirt, but it was probably just my imagination.

Tiffany also watched them leave. "So apparently Pops made them very happy, she looks like she enjoyed that."

"Yeah, they both did. A lot. Pops too for that matter. So that guy's really your mayor, huh?"

Tiffany laughed. "Harold? No, he's an accountant, does people's books, and taxes, that kind of stuff. She's our mayor."

Now I had to chuckle, remembering Pops' comment about keeping the mayor on his side. It made more sense now! Sly dog! I believe that all he had to do for any political favor he needed, at least here on the local level, was slide down his zipper. Mayor Gloria was clearly enthralled by Pops' unique qualifications.

Tiffany turned her attention back to me as they departed. "So, about the houseboat question..."

"Yeah, OK, I was going to ask you to go with me. I've just really enjoyed meeting you, and wanted a little more time to get to know you better, so I thought maybe..."

She was just watching me, face still not giving away any hint of her feelings. "So you thought after talking for a couple of hours I'd want to spend a week cooped up with you and your friends on a boat?"

You know, when she put it like that it sounded like a pretty dumb thing to have asked her, but I babbled on. "Tiff, it's not like that! This boat is huge, it's got more damn bedrooms than a small hotel and there's just the three of us - well, four if you go, so you could have your own room, all kinds of space. Ron and Kori are really sweet, you'd like them, and it's a lot of fun, and very relaxing. It was just an idea."

"Well, nobody can accuse you of not being an impulsive, dive-right-in kind of guy!"

"Actually, I get accused of not being one all the time. Showing up with you would knock my friends' socks off."

"Is that why you asked?"

"No, I just thought it would be kind of fun to spend some time with you, to have a chance to get to know each other a little better."

She smiled gently. "I'm flattered Adam, I really am, but I can't."

"I understand. It was pretty inconsiderate to even ask, but I had to take the chance. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say."

She smiled and shook her head. "No, that's not what I mean. I'd love to go, it sounds great, but I have responsibilities, I can't just take off! I have to work, for one thing, and my horses need to be taken care of. I have a riding class for the kids tomorrow. It's just complicated."

"Of course. I don't know what I was thinking. Can I at least stop in and buy you dinner next Saturday, when I'm on my way home?"

She smiled at me. "I'd like that. A lot." She paused. "Wait, how long are you going to be down there, on the lake?"

"Now through next Saturday. Ron will drop me back at Bullfrog and then take the boat back to Wahweap where they picked it up, so eleven days for them, a little less than eight for me."

She looked thoughtful for a moment. "I'm off Friday and Saturday, and I could probably swap shifts with Molly and get Thursday off too. Is there any way I could join you Thursday morning? Or Wednesday night?"

My spirits soared, I couldn't believe my luck! Maybe I would have a chance to spend a little more time with Tiffany after all! Kristi had as much as told me to take a woman with me, and really I wasn't even thinking of this in terms of having sex with Tiffany, just getting better acquainted. OK, OK, so I'm a horrible liar, but I knew I would have to let her set the pace, and not pressure her, so I didn't want to get my hopes (or anything else) up.

If it happened between us, great. If not, well, hopefully still great! "Fantastic Tiff, I'm sure we can work that out! Ron and Kori won't mind, they're super. Make it Wednesday night, OK?"

She laughed. "You're awfully eager! I can get my parents to take care of my horses. Oh shit, my truck needs work, I probably shouldn't drive it that far. Damn!"

I thought for a few seconds. "No problem, can you take off now for awhile? A few hours?"

"Maybe." She yelled to the back "Hey Pops, if I can get Molly to cover my lunch shift can I work her dinner shift instead?"

He walked out, wiping his hands on a towel. "Sure, no problem. What's up?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. What's up, Adam?"

I hadn't planned on an audience, but I went on. "Well, you drive down with me now, in my Jeep, and then drive it back up here and use it to drive down on Wednesday. Hell, you can even use it while I'm gone if you want, and put your truck in the shop."

She considered that. "Yeah, that would work. Thanks by the way, that's pretty nice, I'll do that. Adam, what if I get cold feet and back out?"

"Then I'll be very disappointed."

She laughed. "No, I mean about your car."

"Oh. Well, you'd have to drive down on Saturday and get me. Either way I win, I get to see you again."

She laughed again. "You're a smoothie, you sweet talker you!" I'll go call Molly and get my stuff, be right back!"

She disappeared into the back to make her call and retrieve her things, and as she did Pops walked over to my table.

"What's going on Adam?"

"I invited Tiffany to join me and my friends on a rented houseboat for a few days, and she thought it sounded like fun. She's probably going to join us for a couple days later this week."

He raised his eyebrows at me, then frowned thoughtfully. "That doesn't sound like her - she just met you a few hours ago. I'm not sure I like this much."

I could have told him it was none of his business, that she's an adult, etc, but I now knew how protective he was of her, and why, so I kept it very civil. Plus, he's a really big guy, and I actually found his concern for her to be both understandable and touching.

"Look Pops, it's not like that! This boat is huge, it has multiple empty bedrooms and she can have one all to herself. I just thought maybe she'd like to get away and have some fun for a few days, and just relax. I'm meeting some friends, a married couple, she'll like them and I know we'd enjoy her company."

He mulled that over. "She could use a little R&R, she works very hard between her Dad's ranch, her horses, and the cafe. And the kids, of course. Still, I don't know about her just driving off into the desert with you."

I reached back and grabbed my wallet and pulled out my driver's license and slapped it on the table. "Here. Photocopy this, or hold onto it if you want to, and I'll get it back from you on my way home." I reached up and pulled a pen from his shirt pocket and scrawled my car's license plate and my cell phone numbers on a napkin and slid that across as well, telling him what they were.

"I'm totally harmless Pops, I wouldn't harm a hair on her head. I didn't really even mean to ask her, it just kind of popped out, but I'm pretty happy it did since she said yes. Well, sort of."

He chuckled. "I'm probably a little over-protective. She's a big girl, and you seem like a decent guy. I'm sure she'll be fine." After saying that he leaned forward and took back his pen and added my driver's license number, full name, home address, and birth date to what I had written on the napkin, and then pocketed it before sliding my license back to me. Why, yes, I certainly seemed have his complete trust!

Tiffany returned just as we completed that exchange. "All set, Molly will be here in about an hour to help you get ready for lunch, and I'll be back in later this afternoon." She looked at us. "Is everything OK?"

Pops smiled at her. "Fine, Tiff. You drive careful now, and give me a call when you get back. Nice to meet you Adam, and skip the bill, breakfast was on me. Don't forget to tip your waitress though!"

He gave my hand another of his bone-crushing grips as we shook, and I know I winced. "I won't Pops, my waitress was pretty unforgettable. And thanks for the meal, it was excellent. I'll stop in and say hi on my way back through."

"You do that. See you later!" He turned and walked toward the kitchen as Tiff and I took our leave. She was carrying a small, blue, heavyweight nylon day pack that apparently doubled as her purse. When I cracked wise about her lovely bag she smiled and noted that it was "considerably more manure resistant than a regular purse." Valid and practical point.

stormdog
stormdog
192 Followers
12