Adventure of Rekka Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now, the mamono, they interested him. He speculated on what the others of Rekka's kind looked like, was the whole nearly-human sex bomb thing particular to hellhounds, or was Rekka some kind of genetic oddity? Now would be a good time to find out for sure. Twisting the dial back to its starting position he waved it about until he found a brighter light that didn't seem to be moving around.

Bill strolled off into the trees to find Rekka, following the excited snarling yips. He found her, paws on a trunk, growling up the tree in a lively manner. The squirrel had escaped, and now clung to a branch chittering angrily down at her. Occasionally it would toss down bits of bark and twigs at Rekka, who shook her head and furiously barked at it in return. Bill called to get her attention and she reluctantly left the squirrel behind, but not before grabbing a paw full of rocks and twigs to sling back at it. The squirrel screeched and retreated further into the branches.

"Hah! See how you like it, tree rat!" shouted Rekka, pride restored. She strutted over to Bill to see what he wanted.

"Can't you leave those poor things alone? They're probably covered in fleas," Bill said, plucking twigs and leaves from her hair fussily before scratching at her fluffy wolf ears.

"I can't help it. It's like they wanna be chased, all small an' tasty lookin'," Rekka said, grinning up at him.

"Well, try to restrain yourself for a minute," Bill said, "I'd like to meet one of your neighbors."

"Ooh, sounds like fun, I can't wait to show you off," Rekka said, looking him up and down with pride.

"Glad to be your trophy husband," he said, before asking, "but, just to be sure, is this going to be safe? She's not going to try and jump me right off, will she? You were pretty... forward when we met."

Bill chuckled nervously, remembering the event. Rekka's idea of a friendly greeting was more predatory sexual assault. While he had learned to enjoy her enthusiasm in every way, the thought of some less familiar woman throwing herself into the equation filled him with unease.

"Nuh-uh, if she tries anythin' I'll rip her face off," she replied easily, "you're all mine, husband!"

"It's good to feel wanted," Bill drawled, holding onto her paw hand and drawing her happily along as he followed the guiding light of the Huntstone.

"Don't worry, mamono don't usually steal from each other. 'Sides, you're covered in my scent now, anyone'll know we're married," Rekka explained, eager to meet new people.

Bill casually lifted his arm to sniff at himself, not sure if he was relieved or not to know she'd marked him as hers. He couldn't smell anything besides his own sweat and a bit of soap. Ultimately, he decided there were worse fragrances than that of Rekka, which he rather enjoyed himself.

They traveled steadily for a short while as they followed the Huntstone to their destination, coming upon a dense grouping of large trees topping a small hill. Rekka lifted her head and sniffed at the air, breaking into a wide grin.

"Oh, I met her once! Chased a squirrel up her tree, an she was so nice. Wrapped it up for me an everythin'!" she exclaimed, tail wagging.

"She's real pretty, I like her stripes," she continued, now eagerly pulling Bill forward.

As they made their way between the trees Bill looked around, his misgivings rising. It was darker under the tightly packed branches, casting a gloom over the area. He began to notice silvery threads running every which way, and pulled Rekka up short. She looked back at him, curious, yet seemed at ease.

Bill coughed nervously, calling out, "Hello? Anyone there? We're friendly."

Leaves rustled as something pushed through the dense canopy above them, causing Bill to pull Rekka back a few feet and prepare for the worst.

"Yes, what is it, human? I've no time for you..." called a voice from the canopy, before a woman's head and shoulders popped into view, hanging upside down. She was very beautiful, and appeared to be remarkably human. Her silvery hair trailed below her hanging head, and she glared around with two eyes, their color a striking gold. Her skin was pale, and she had long pointed ears. Bill was suspecting he might be meeting his first elf before he noticed the six other eyes, each set smaller than the other, climbing up her forehead.

The woman's irritated expression melted away as she saw that Bill wasn't alone, Rekka hanging onto his hand grinning up at her.

"Oh! Forgive my rudeness. Hello there. How may I help you, darlings?" she asked sweetly, drifting down in some unseen manner, revealing more of her body. Bill looked her over with curiosity.

She was a pretty little thing, slim and well proportioned. While more skin was covered than Rekka, she managed to look far more intentionally suggestive. It was if someone had run out of leather and chains, deciding silk would have to do. Bill was about to respond to the bondage not-elf when her legs appeared, causing him to choke back his greeting.

There were eight of them, six of them long and slender, their tips pointed and sharp like spears. Her two forelegs were more human shaped, pulled in close with wide womanly thighs, the far slimmer calves ending in mimicked dainty feet. Those "feet" were actually some kind of hooked pedipalps, and swung freely in both directions. Bill now saw what Rekka had meant by stripes, as the legs had a pattern of black and yellow running down their lengths. This was mirrored in her proportionately huge protruding abdomen, which extended far behind her.

The spider woman lithely twisted her body, righting herself in mid air before gracefully stepping down to the ground, trailing a line of silk. It was all rather elegant, in a creepy horror show kind of way. She took a few fluid steps forward to look them over.

If Bill hadn't known better he'd swear he was looking at a woman sitting on some spider themed throne, her legs crossed demurely before her as she swung her feet idly. The stripes on her legs looking like knee socks, blending seamlessly into soft attractive looking thighs.

Her upper body, arms, hips, thighs and, he assumed, ass were all fairly humanlike aside from her eyes, and she seemed to recline where the head of an arachnid would normally grow. Pretty much the spider version of a centaur, Bill supposed. Enormously dreadful, but if you ignored the spidery bits she was nice enough to look at.

"Hey! Remember me? I ran a squirrel into your tree once, you caught it for me!" Rekka said, completely at ease, and pleased as could be to meet her again.

"Oh, of course, the sweet little hellhound, how are you my dear? I simply love what you've done with your hair, it looks ever so much nicer like this," she said admiringly, Rekka twirling dutifully for her.

"Do'ya really think so? Thanks! My husband did it for me," Rekka gushed, latching onto Bill's arm and positively glowing with happiness.

"Your husband? My, how wonderful, I'm so happy for you both!" she congratulated them, smiling widely and showing off two wicked fangs. Rekka made pleased hellhound noises, practically floating from the praise.

Bill cleared his throat a bit, and decided he couldn't treat anyone that made Rekka so happy with anything but respect, saying, "Thank you, ma'am, I'm pleased to meet you. My names' Bill, and this is Rekka."

"Oh, and so polite. Hold onto him, sweetie. I can lend you some rope if you find you have need of it. Or if you simply enjoy that kind of thing, I know I do!" she said with humor, holding one silk gloved hand over her smile.

"Where are my manners, you've introduced yourselves and here I am chatting away without responding in kind. Please, call me Annika, the pleasure is all mine," Annika said, reaching out to receive a careful handshake from Bill, then a much more enthusiastic one from Rekka's paws.

Suddenly Annika leaned in closely, a conspiratorial smile on her lips. Bill thought he deserved a medal for not flinching back and screaming.

"I'll have you know I've recently met a man myself. I don't mean to overshadow your own joy, but I'm so happy I could burst. You simply must meet him," she whispered, eight eyes shining with happiness.

"Dearest? Come quickly, we have visitors!" Annika called into the canopy, her two back legs moving oddly.

Bill stared as a cigar shaped cocoon floated down on a thick rope of silk, twisting slowly. Two eyes came into view, the rest of the face encased in silk, as it slowly rotated, stopping to face them. Bill burst out laughing as he recognized the bruises.

"Tullius?!" Bill blurted out, still laughing.

Tullius's bruised eyes narrowed with hate filled recognition, while Annika looked between them, a thrilled smile spreading on her lips.

"Oh, have you met before? What a terribly small world, how nice. Your friend came to wish us well on our honeymoon, darling!" Annika said with delight, echoed by Rekka's yips of shared excitement.

Bill managed to choke down his laughter, grinning right back at Tullius's glare to address Annika.

"Aw, sure. Me'n Tullius go way back. He prefers to be called Tully, you know. Tully always was saying how he'd like to meet a strong woman that would smother him with tough love. Poor guy had a lot of stress on his shoulders," Bill said amiably, surreptitiously giving Tullius the finger.

Bill's grin widened as Tullius began to struggle in his snug little cocoon, glaring death at him while trying to shout past his gag.

"Oh, dear, not in front of company. You know what it does to me when you wriggle like that," Annika moaned, blushing. She'd pulled a coiled silken whip from somewhere, biting down on it slightly while gazing at Tullius's writhing, outraged form with lust filled eyes. All eight of them.

"Don't let us keep you, we understand completely. You shouldn't go easy on him, either. We need a firm hand sometimes, just ask my Rekka," Bill said, sensing that was their cue to leave.

Before they left he took a moment to pull his phone from his purse, snapping a quick picture of the spider woman. As long as the thing worked, he might as well play tourist and grab a few mementos.

"Bye, Annika! Congratulations!" Rekka called back, waving happily as Bill hurried them off.

Annika only responded by waving distractedly with two of her legs. Her attention was focused on her new husband as she lovingly gathered his cocoon into her embrace. Tullius's whimpers carried back to them faintly, followed by the crack of a whip.

-

"Oh, I'm so happy for her I could die!" Rekka squealed, swinging their held hands joyfully as they walked together, her face lit with happiness.

"Yeah, they make a nice couple," Bill replied, failing to feel badly for Tullius, despite the darker implications of being forced into marriage with a spider demon. It was just too funny to him.

"What're they called, anyway, the spider mamono?" he asked, curious.

"Oh, she's an arachne. There's lots of different kinds, they're so pretty an they all got those legs'n most make those neat webs," Rekka replied, "they're sposed'ta make really nice clothes, too."

"Hmm. Well, I have to say I'm real happy you were the one to find me out here. Annika was nice, but I'm pretty sure I would have just willed myself to death if I saw her coming for me in the dark," Bill said, shuddering and dusting himself off with his free hand.

"Don't be mean, she's so sweet! But I'm glad I found you first, too. You're the best thing ta ever happen to me, husband," Rekka said, drawing his arm around her and snuggling into his side.

Bill walked along with a dopey grin, forgetting he was such a hopeless dork for a bit when Rekka spoke to him like that. They continued to walk, the day carrying steadily on into the afternoon. His thoughts drifted to the other soldiers that had been with Tullius, wondering how they were getting on.

-

Felix awoke easily, luxuriating in the lack of pain for a few peaceful moments before recalling the previous night's events. He sat up, surprised to find he was alone, still in the same flowery meadow. It seemed he'd slept through the night and most of the day. He wondered if his beautiful equine savior had been just a dream, but his newly mended trousers and the lack of any gaping bloody holes in his leg seemed to show it hadn't been.

Felix felt a moment of distress that she had left him, but it was probably for the best. He had to return to Fort Carcere, to report the disaster and organize rescue for his comrades. Though, he would have liked to thank her, and maybe learn her name.

Knowing he'd wasted enough time, he tried to push himself to his feet. He promptly fell onto his face. Felix found he was about as weak as a kitten, his leg unresponsive, the muscles entirely relaxed. He supposed magical healing had to have some draw backs, and tried to massage some vigor back into his legs. Then he heard footsteps, or more accurately, hoof beats.

"Oh, you are awake! Thank goodness. Please, do not try to stand, you will still be very weak, and your leg will not hold your weight, sir," she said, trotting towards him, her soft voice sending shivers up his spine.

Felix felt a rush of confusing emotions, thrilled to see her again, but fearful of the consequences. He did want to return, and save his squad mates. He also desperately wanted to see her smile again.

"Uh, aye, my lady. I just now realized this, I'm afraid. Th-thank you, for your aid, my lady," Felix stammered, staring up into her beautiful face as she stood over him.

"Please, call me Helena, sir. It was my pleasure, I assure you. I am so happy to see you are well," she said, gracing him with her smile.

Felix's heart fluttered in his chest. He'd taken part in battle with many terrible monsters, seen them rip through men with savagery and rage. He knew they needed to be opposed for the good of all mankind. He'd been taught since a child that they were evil, that their unreasoning lust would doom the world. He just could not understand how this... Helena, an achingly beautiful and gentle creature, could be counted amongst their kind.

He recalled the forbidden stories Menius and Matius had swapped, speaking of less ferocious, more sensible monsters. He'd discounted them as imprudent jokes, made in bad taste in an attempt to make a fool of a younger soldier. Now, though, he wished he'd paid them more heed, perhaps he could have learned something.

"Please, my lady Helena, my name is Clu-... Felix. Call me Felix," he finally responded, his mind in turmoil but sure that he wanted to continue speaking with her.

Helena laughed, lilting and musical. "Just Helena, please, Felix. Now, you must eat to regain your lost strength. I am sorry I do not have any meat for you. I hope what I have found will please you, nonetheless," she said, kneeling down before him, holding something in her skirt.

She offered up to him a medley of berries, nuts, and mushrooms. It was a fair amount, and must have taken her most of the day to forage for him. Felix was most grateful, he had not even thought of his hunger until this moment, his appetite raging forth. Shyly, she cupped her hands into her offerings and waited for him to bring his own up, placing the food into his palms. The brief contact between their fingers caused them both to blush and look away.

Felix ate, finding the simple forest fare to be the finest meal he'd ever had, due to the company he kept. As he fed his mouth, his eyes drank in her beauty, feeling freer than at any time in his life. He noticed that she wasn't eating, and felt shame at his gluttony.

"Are you not eating, my... Er, Helena?" he asked, motioning for her to take the rest.

"Oh, no, this is for you. My people can sustain ourselves on grasses and other plant life. I am fine, I assure you. Eat up, you must regain your strength, Felix," she replied, gently pushing more into his hands.

Reassured, Felix devoured his meal with enthusiasm, enjoying himself to no end. Whenever she said his name he felt a thrill, wishing the day would never end. They chatted quietly, Felix remembering nothing of their words, but enjoying the conversation all the same. When he finished his meal, he noticed the sunlight had almost disappeared, the day nearly over. She would likely depart soon, leaving him alone again. The thought depressed him significantly.

"You should rest again. You may be strong enough to travel in the morning, Felix. Do not worry, I will watch over you, none shall disturb you here," she said, brushing at her skirts and gracing him with another gentle, beautiful smile.

"If, if you're sure, Helena, I would not want to trouble you further," Felix said, cursing his traitorous tongue, hoping she would remain.

Felix wished he had the glib wit of Matius, or could put her at ease with Menius's friendly charm. He'd never spent any time with women, much less a beautiful monster. He had no idea what to say in this situation.

"Nonsense, you are no trouble. I have had a wonderful time, it has been my pleasure to meet you, Felix," she said, suddenly nervous and picking at her skirts as she looked down, blushing prettily.

"Well, if you're certain, I would love to keep your company for a time," Felix responded quickly, his heart soaring.

They remained close, yet apart, for the rest of the evening, talking quietly until Felix's eyes could stay open no longer. Helena smiled gently down at him, watching over him as he slept.

Felix's last conscious thoughts, oddly enough, were for the strange mad man, Bill, and his hellhound girlfriend. Perhaps he had not been the complete fool Felix had presumed.

-

Bill turned the roasting rabbit on the wooden spit he'd constructed over their small fire. The unfortunate rabbit had been caught on one of Rekka's bounding explorations. It had zigged when surely it should have zagged.

Bill held Rekka close, she had nearly stepped into the fire a moment ago, and he didn't believe she was completely fireproof. Together they sat around the fire as the night darkened fully into evening, he enjoying her closeness, Rekka mostly wishing he'd decide the meal was ready.

They'd made excellent time, today. Rekka's boundless energy and his own unnatural stamina had eaten away at the miles. They had only stopped because he didn't feel like stumbling around in the dark, no matter how Rekka protested she could see just fine. Besides, he didn't feel in any particular rush, the end of the world could wait a few more days.

Judging the rabbit to be done, he once again fed Rekka first, waiting until she was satisfied before tearing into his own meal. He'd never had rabbit before, but found it to be fairly pleasant, not gamey as he expected. Next time he'd have to let her catch two, his own pitiful portion not really satisfying him, but he couldn't bear to see Rekka unfulfilled.

He knocked the spit into the fire, not really sure what else to do with the thing. He may have lived in the sticks, but he had about as much experience with camping as any modern man raised on video games and easy living. Laying with his back on his purse, Rekka resting on his lap and stomach, he felt at peace with the world.

"Hey, let's do it. Seein' Annika all lovey-dovey really got me heated up, husband!" Rekka suddenly said, sitting up.

"What'd I tell you about the owls, woman?" Bill retorted, but not entirely adverse to the idea.

"What owls? I don't see any owl-," she began, before something suspiciously sounding like a hoot started up from the treetops.

Rekka snarled viciously up at the trees, silencing all the little forest noises he hadn't noticed until their absence.

"See, no owls," Rekka continued happily, undoing his belt.

"Well, if you're sure," Bill replied, lifting himself to help her.

The owls received a show that night, but they wisely kept their beaks shut.

12