Aelia in the Kingdom of Farran Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That leaves us with one option: the only unguarded side of the fortress."

"Your majesty, surely you don't mean the Northern cliff?" asked general Eilert, incredulously. "We would have to be either birds, to fly over, or spiders to crawl up that abrupt embankment."

"Well, we will have to grow wings, then. One way or another, I am getting back into that city." Rowald knew the old warrior was right; the cliff was vertical, smooth and very, very high. Anyone who tried climbing it was setting himself up for failure and certain death on the sea-washed rocks below. But there was no other way. He would not risk the lives of his men, but try to climb the natural wall himself.

"Rowald, please take your mind off that. We will think of another way, one that gives us a chance, at least." said Maelwyn, seeing that his friend was about to make a rash decision. "Remember, no-one has ever climbed that cliff, that's the reason that side of the fortress is left almost unguarded in the first place."

"What if someone could climb it?"

The men all turned towards the door, eyes wide open staring at the fragile-looking source of the feminine voice which had spoken. Rowald felt a new rush of anger, this time directed at himself; he had completely forgot about his prisoner, probably leaving her door unlocked in his haste.

"What in the name of all hells are you talking about? And what are you doing spying? I will have your head for this!" he roared, ready to throttle her himself.

"I'm saying that I know someone who can climb such cliffs. And, unfortunately for you, she needs her head to do it" Aelia countered, trying not to look intimidated; he was quite frightening, angry as he was, but something told her that she had his attention. Perhaps the situation was so desperate, he was prepared to cling to any shred of hope.

"How?!"

"I will need the backpack you took from me; I have special rock climbing equipment there. You will give me your word that when you have regained control of your precious capital, I will be given safe passage and an armed escort to wherever I choose to go. And I want a hot bath and a bed for the night. Without you in it."

The generals were still muted when she finished talking. Rowald gave her a long, piercing stare. "How do I know you're telling the truth?"

"Do you have a better alternative?"

"Fine. We'll do it your way."

"But, my lord, this is impossible..." intervened general Liodar "...she is trying to trick us, maybe she's sent by the Syrtars to lead us into a trap."

"She is right. Do we have any other ideas that stand a chance in hell of success?"

The room became silent once more.

"Then we have no choice. We leave at first light."

He then turned to Aelia with a menacing look in his eyes: "But make no mistake, pretty witch, if this is a trick, I will tear you apart with my bare hands."

12