Affair of the Heart Ch. 08

Story Info
A girl's day out.
1.4k words
3.67
7k
1

Part 8 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 02/10/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beth was a big fan of the TLC show "Say Yes to the Dress". She watched it every Friday without fail. That is why her mouth just about hit the floor when Sophie announced that she had booked an appointment at the prestigious Kleinfeld's Bridal Shop where the show was filmed. Beth wasn't even concerned about the fact that she wasn't the only one that would be accompanying Sophie on such this trip. Beth' mother-in-law, Hellene, and Sophie's future mother-in-law, Nancy, would also be joining them. It would be sort of a bonding experience for the four women.

The four ladies looked around in awe as they walked into the shop and were lead to a waiting area. Beth couldn't believe it. She was actually here. She had been offered a chance to come here before but only to have it cancelled at the last minute. She had seen the film crew as she walked through.

Sophie had a particular dress in mind. Seen had seen it on the show many times, while watching it with her mother. It was just one of those styles that never seemed to outdate. However Sophie believed she wouldn't be purchasing that dress. It was priced at $10,000 and she only had a budget of a little over half that. She would just have to find something less expensive but similar. But little did she know her mother, grandmother, and future mother-in-law all had a surprise for her. They were going to make it possible for her to get that dress.

They weren't in the waiting area long when a young woman walked over to them.

"Hi, I am Ella, and which one of you is Sophieah?" Ella questioned.

"I am Sophieah, but you can call me Sophie," Sophie replied quietly.

"Do you have a particular dress style in mind?" asked Ella.

"Well yes, I love the mermaid style and particularly this one, but," Sophie left it at that.

"I don't like to hear but," explained Ella. "What's the problem?"

"You see, the dress I love I believe is priced at $10,000 and that is kind of out of my budget," Sophie explained.

"And just what size budget are we looking at" Ella questioned.

"Let's say $6,000," Sophie replied.

"Well, I am sure we can find something similar," Ella exclaimed.

As Sophie was heading back to the changing rooms, her companions pull Ella aside. They quickly explained the surprise they have for Sophie and ask her to slip the more expensive dress into the pile. Ella agreed to do so.

Ella went to the stockroom and pulled several dresses, including the expensive gown. She then went to join Sophie in the changing room hanging the less expensive gowns in front of the choice gown. The first dress Sophie tries on is Sweetheart Mermaid Gown in the Legends line by Romona Keveza.

She walks slowly out to the viewing area.

"Too bunched in the butt area," said Nancy.

"Mom,"Sophie looks at her and asks.

"Well, I do have to agree with Nancy, dear, it just looks like there is too much gathering back here," she replies.

Sophie agrees that this really isn't the dress she wants anyway and heads back to the changing room. Next she tries on is a Tara Keely Sweetheart Mermaid that is made of lace. She doesn't really seem to be a fan of it but agrees to show her companions.

"I am not really a fan of the lace," Sophie states.

"It looks more like a tablecloth to me," remarks Hellenne.

Once again Sophie looks at her mother. Beth still doesn't see this as the dress for her and shakes her head. An Ian Stuart Mermaid gown in Silk Dupioni is next in line for Sophie to try on. She slips into it and heads out to the viewing area.

"I look like I am dressed for a whorehouse," Sophie states.

"Sophie!" her grandma interjects.

"It does seem rather much," states Beth.

The next gown up has Sophie stepping out of her comfort zone for a bit. It is a Strapless Ball gown by Alita Graham. Sophie doesn't seem to be a fan of the dress as she walks out to the viewing area. She is shaking her head as she steps up onto the platform.

"I don't think so," she states. Her companions agree.

Next she tries on another Ball Gown. Again this is not her comfort zone as she prefers the Mermaid style but this is just to get her to be somewhat adventurous.

"Oh look it's a bird," exclaims Beth, as Sophie walks into the viewing area.

"It does look like that doesn't," Sophie adds.

After trying on five dresses she is beginning to get somewhat discouraged. But she then sees that she has five more prospects waiting for her. She grabs another gown. However this is the final Ball Gown amongst the selections. This one is an Organza gown by Alita Graham. Sophie does seem to like this one better than the first few.

"This one is nice," she said to Ella.

"But do you love it?" Ella asks.

"Mmmmmm, not really," Sophie muses shaking her head

This is really a surprise when Sophie walks out wearing a Satin Sheath by Jenny Lee.

"Not too thrilled about the flower on the boob," remarks Sophie.

Once again it is back to the changing room. There are just two dresses left. Sophie cannot believe her eyes. The dress she loves but believes she cannot afford is at her fingertips. Should she try on the other sheath dress or should she try on the one she really wants. She decides to try on the sheath dress. Saving the best for last so to speak. This is a Cotton Sheath by Claire Pettibone.

"Is that cotton?" ask Nancy.

"Yes," replies Ella.

"What do you think about it, Sophie?' asks Beth.

"Not really a fan, it seems a bit scratchy," she replies.

Now it is crunch time. Sophie knows that the only dress back in the changing room is one that she cannot afford. She decides to level with her companions.

"Well, there is one more dress, but I don't know about trying it on," remarks Sophie.

"Why is that dear? asks Beth

"Cause I cannot afford it," she replies.

"Sophie, I have something for you," states Beth. She hands her a check for $5,000.

"I won't be out done," remarks Hellenne. She also hands her a $5,000 check.

"I have something for you too, Sophie, sort of a gift from your future in-laws. Now it's not much but it is something and it will help," Nancy states as she hands her a $2,500 check.

Sophie just stands there stunned. She doesn't know what to think. She just cannot believe all this. She agrees to go and try on the other dress. It is the Alita Graham Sweetheart Mermaid in Satin.

"I LOVE THIS DRESS!" squeals Sophie as she walks out to the viewing area.

All the women agree. This is the right dress.

"I hope Matt likes it," Sophie says to Nancy.

"I sure he will but I think he'll like anything that you like. Beside you look gorgeous in it," Nancy says as she gives Sophie a hug.

Not only does Sophie have enough money for the dress, which only needs to be shortened, she has enough to purchase a veil too. She finds a veil that is just what she wants and together forms a perfect dress

The excitement is still with them as they leave the store. Looking at her watch Nancy said, "Look how late it is. Is anyone as hungry as me?"

Sophie is stilling bubbling with excitement as she says, " Oh I forgot, I made reservations for us at Boulay's."

"What's that?" Hellenne asks.

"A great French restaurant. Come on let's get a cab and go," Sophie replied, haling a cab.

The restaurant was just as advertised. The food was great and the wine was top shelf. The 4 ladies finished off 2 bottles and it added to the feeling of oneness for the group. As they finished their dessert, Sophie stood up.

"I would like to propose a toast. I never had a sister and I'm not sure how that would feel. I know each of you had sisters and know the feeling. After today, I think I know. So to us. To the 4 sisters! Together forever!"