Afflicted

Story Info
Schuyler, get it together.
1k words
3.72
17.2k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first story. I apologize if it starts really slow. I would really appreciate any constructive criticism. I just want to get better. So tell me what you think Hope you enjoy :) Sorry about it being so short. I'm packing for a trip but I really wanted to get this out before I lost my nerve lol

*****

"Get out" Schuyler muttered under her breath, pausing the latest stream of complaints and criticisms that were flying from Keith's mouth. The pair had been dating for the past seven months and it has been challenging to say the least. Both had their annoying mannerisms, Schuyler's were more troublesome she had to admit, but this had to stop, today.

Keith stopped in his tracks, he had been pacing the living room for what seemed like hours. He was beginning to leave traffic marks on her carpet. It was going to take more than a quick scrub to get that out, she thought to herself. He slowly turned and narrowed his gaze on Schuyler. "What?"

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath contemplating her next words. A loud frustrated sigh echoed in her ears. Her jaws clenched "I said, get OUT!". She felt her temperature rising. Keith looked at her dumbfounded. "Are you deaf? Get the fuck out! If you can't deal with me and my quirks, I don't need you here."

Without a word he quickly closed the distance between the pair. His dark brown eyes appeared black as he glared down at her short 5'5" frame. Not to be intimidated, Schuyler stood her ground and attempted to match his intensity with her smoke grey orbs. The tension was thick and alump of insecurity began to form in her throat. His eyes resembled coal, Schuyler noted. "What?" she exclaimed nervously finally breaking the silence.

His tone sent chills down her spine "Do you really think anyone else wants you but me? That they can deal with all your baggage?" Her eyes dropped to the floor not wanting to show the doubt that was clearly written on her face. Roughly grabbing her jaw he started "Look at me!"

"Get your hands off me!" she yelled shoving him in his chest. However, trying to push his meaty 6'2", 230 lb build was the equivalent of running into a wall to her. He quickly recovered and shoved her into her bookshelf sending pieces of literature and Schuyler to the floor. Her hands shook with shock and rage. "Leave!!" she cried.

Sweat beads were beginning to form on his mahogany skin. As he watched her struggle to regain her composure on the floor. A single tear rolled down her mocha cheek. Keith instantly regretted losing his cool but she made him so frustrated. Her need for everything to be perfect and in perfect order, having to be in control of every situation, was driving him up the wall. "Sky...if you weren't such a damn control freak, things we be much easier. We could be happy."

Wiping away her tears, it was her turn to glare at him. "I don't want to be anything with you except done." Hurt was quickly replaced by anger in Keith's eyes as he grabbed his coat and made his way to the door. The loud slam of the door echoed through her small one bedroom apartment.

She quickly ran to the door and locked it, checking it several times before she turned away. "Fuck." she sighed. Surveying the damage, her heart rate quickened and her palms felt sweaty. "Come on Sky...get it together." Before her breathing could begin to falter, she took a deep breath and counted backwards from ten. Now feeling a bit more calm and less vulnerable she began to clean the mess, making sure to put everything in it's correct place. Books in alphabetical order by author then title.

After about 30 minutes she was done, feeling satisfied with the order of things it was time to wash her hands. She could feel the dried sweat and it gave her the chills. While drying her hands for what had to be the fourth time, there was a knock on her door. Without even checking she knew it was best friend Cara. She used the knock the two had created in middle school. She made it a point to always use it, at first for Schuyler's benefit. However, now at age 19, it was just habit.

Using her spare key she entered the apartment with gifts in tow. "I come bearing tokens of loveeee." she sang while sporting a stunning white smile. "I have for you, chocolate chip cookies!" she glided into the kitchen and placed the box from their favorite local bakery Sweet Tooth on the counter.

"Yumm." Schuyler smiled meeting her friend at the counter. She opened the box and surveyed the dozen delicious treats. Grabbing a cookie she studied it for a moment then deftly picked out a chocolate chip and let it fall in the trashcan beside her. Cara just shook her head as she bit into her own treat. "It had 11 chips. You know I hate odd numbers." she shrugged and joined her friend in devouring the sweet.

"So where's lover boy." Cara spoke while still chewing, causing crumbs to fall on the counter. Without thinking Sky grabbed a napkin and began working at the spot feverishly.

She noticed her actions. "...sorry. And this is exactly why he isn't here." she said with a sigh. "We broke up."

"Good." Cara stated simply. Taking in the look of her friend she quickly added "What? He was a douche bag, I could never figure out what you saw in him."

"He tolerated my...issues."

"Sky you have OCD-"

"Anxiety, chronic depression...among other things" she inserted.

Cara rolled her eyes "Yeah it can be pretty bad at times." Thant's an understatement Schuyler thought as she looked down at her hands that were turning raw from her excessive scrubbing. "But you still don't have to put up with the shit he was putting you through. "she finished regaining her friends attention. "You know that don't you?"

Schuyler looked into her friends honey light eyes and put on a pretty half-hearted smile. "Yeah I know."