After the End of the World Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well," I said, "There must be another one somewhere right? If we knew where to look maybe we could find you one."

"I don't know," Pete said, scratching his sparse white beard and looking at me, "it was a rare find..."

"Well you're not giving up on the transmitter are you?" I asked, standing up, "do you have any ideas? It's worth a shot right? After all this work we've put into it..."

Pete heaved a sigh. "Well there is one place we might look. I know there was an electronics store in Mellbrook. Might be we could find what I need there." He shot a sly look my way. "Who would be willing to make the journey, though? On foot I'd say it would be about a day and a half of travel each way."

I held Pete's gaze. I thought I knew what he was up to. "I'll go," I said.

"You know nobody leaves camp solo, Sweet Pea," Pete said, "Maybe that young fella Eric could go with you. You two seem to make a decent team. You all got me what I needed last time, no problem!"

My heart was pounding. A three day raid, just me and Eric. If he said yes that is.

So three days later we were setting out with provisions, maps and an emphatic plea from Pete to keep the item dry if we found one. Megan had pouted and whined about Eric leaving again so soon after getting back, but Eric convinced her he was a hero, doing it for the good of the camp. I was excited about our raid and truth be told Eric seemed happy too. I imagined that it was nice for him to get away from Megan sometimes, that's why he had agreed to come along right away.

Setting off into the misty woods at first light it felt just like old times. We didn't talk much that morning and I didn't try to press it. It was enough to just be with him again. We fell into a comfortable silence, keeping a brisk pace through the misty woods. I liked hearing Eric's breathing beside me, looking over now and then to see him there. He seemed happy too, we were free and alive and making good time on the first leg of our journey.

We followed the map, keeping off the roads when possible. It was unlikely we would encounter anything in such a rural area but you never know. That first camp we had lost was in the middle of nowhere. When evening fell we were right where we wanted to be, midway between camp and the town of Mellbrook. We stopped in a small town for the night and slept in what was probably the dining-room of a house. Like everything else it had been thoroughly looted.

I thought it would be romantic, sleeping in the same room as Eric again, but it wasn't. I was nervous about being inside, nervous of being in a town. We settled down on our bedrolls on either side of the room, completely exhausted from walking all day. All night I kept waking up at every little sound. I could tell by the sound of Eric's breathing that he wasn't sleeping any better than I was. Every time we woke up, though, it was only the wind, only the house settling, a door banging closed in the wind.

We set off again at first light, not particularly rested and very ready to get our mission over with. I was grumpy because my fantasy about our romantic three day raid together was not panning out as I had hoped. In fact I really just wanted to go home.

We entered Mellbrook with caution; it was a sizeable town. Following our map we found the electronics store without much problem. As was our custom Eric kept watch at the door while I went inside to look for Pete's part. It was dark in the store and most of the merchandise that was left had been swept off the shelves onto the floor. I blew out my breath in a long sigh; this was going to take a while.

There were actually still a lot of things there. Someone had made a mess but not really taken anything. I picked my way through the debris, trying not to crush anything that might be the part I was looking for. I picked things up and tossed them down, moving from isle to isle. After half an hour I was feeling frustrated and close to tears. I heard a crunch of broken glass behind me and nearly jumped out of my skin.

I spun around to find Eric right behind me. "What's up?" he asked, "Can't find it?"

I almost hit him. I was so tired and frustrated by our lack of success. "No, I can't fuck find it. Do you see it?" I hissed venomously, gesturing around me at the mess.

"Hey, it's OK," Eric said, stepping close to me. "Everything will be alright. It was a long shot anyway." He put his arms around me very gently. I should have pulled away, showed him that I didn't care, but I did. I squeezed him back and when I felt his strong arms around me and smelled his familiar smell, it all just came pouring out.

I sobbed against Eric's chest while he stroked my hair for what felt like an eternity. I couldn't catch my breath. I was crying because I was tired and frustrated by our fruitless journey and I was also crying for self-pity. I had lost the only man I had ever loved and I had to watch him in the arms of another woman every day.

Eventually I calmed down. Eric had his face nestled against my hair, murmuring something like "Shh, shh, it's ok," over and over. I sniffled, suddenly embarrassed about my outburst and wiped my eyes.

"Sorry," I whispered. "I'm OK now."

"Ok, good," Eric looked like he didn't quite believe me. "Do you wanna keep looking?"

"Yeah," I said, wiping off my face with the backs of my hands. "I haven't checked those last two isles yet." We split up and I immediately started laughing. There was the exact device we were looking for right on the floor in front of me. I held the box up to show Eric and he flashed me that million dollar grin I had been missing all these months.

With the device safely nestled in Eric's backpack we started out of town right away. I was still mid-morning; if we walked into the night we might make it back to camp without having to spend another night in the open. I was in considerably better spirits than I had been. Eric and I chatted quietly about old times and meaningless trivia. We didn't mention Megan or our relationship, such as it was.

Around noontime heavy clouds began building overhead. We were already past the village where we had camped the night before. Mindful of the sensitive nature of our precious device I started to worry about us finding shelter to keep it (and us) dry. Just as the first heavy drops were beginning to fall, purely by dumb luck, we saw a house through the trees.

It was a rustic retreat cabin, not the utilitarian kind used by hunters but a posh little vacation place. And most importantly of all, it hadn't been looted after the invasion. As soon as we got inside (Eric broke a window because the door was still locked) we could immediately tell that nobody had visited this place since before. Everything was a little dusty but it was all still there. Furniture, knick-knacks, food in the cupboards.

We'd gotten under cover just in time. Thick sheets of rain lashed the windows and beat down on the roof. I felt snug and dry in here. And safe. If nobody had found this place to loot it, it was unlikely that they would come hunting us here, we were completely isolated.

After exploring the little house Eric tossed the backpack onto the couch. "Well, Liss," he said spreading his hands out in a helpless gesture, "it looks like we're stuck here for a bit. I think a feast is in order." And feast we did. The cupboards were well stocked, with plenty to bring home even after we gorged ourselves. I had things that I hadn't tasted since before: sticky baked beans, beef stew, canned peaches. It was amazing, I felt like we had discovered a little piece of heaven.

After we'd eaten Eric and I lolled on the couch but it wasn't really big enough for two. "Ugh," I grunted, prodding my distended belly, "I think I need a nap." It was still raining hard and darkness was falling a little earlier than usual. We both traipsed into the bedroom and flopped down on the big bed; that felt pretty amazing too. I closed my eyes, Eric was glancing over a book he'd found when I drifted off.

I awoke some time later to a crash of thunder. Eric was asleep beside me, sprawled out over the whole bed. I smiled. He always used to do that. We'd go to bed all normal and wake up with him in a different spot entirely. I snuggled up against his chest, feeling so good. Safe, rested, and for once, well fed. Eric murmured and wrapped his arm around me.

I nuzzled my face against his neck, breathing in the smell of him, I stroked his chest idly. Eric was waking up now. 'Oh no,' I thought, 'What have I done now, maybe he'll push me away.' But instead he pulled me closer with one strong hand on my lower back. He kissed me deep and slow, a lazy, warm relaxed kiss; I could feel his erection through his jeans.

Suddenly I had a horrifying thought: it was dark and Eric couldn't really see me. What if he thought I was Megan? I wanted to retch. Eric must have felt me stiffen because he whispered "Elissa, is everything alright?" I relaxed at once.

"Yes, "I replied. "Everything's perfect." I straddled his hips and kissed him again. God how I'd missed this. He was breathing raggedly, clutching my ass and grinding his swollen cock against me. I wanted to enjoy this night alone but he needed a release. I crawled down Eric's body and unzipped his jeans, pulling his stiff cock out. He tousled my hair gently, trying not to push me; he knew how I hated that.

He groaned when he felt my touch. His member was rock hard, he was about to go at any moment. It seemed like being apart was hard for him too. I gave the head of his cock a wet lick and then plunged the whole thing into my mouth. I heard him gasp and felt the shudder in his body. A few quick bobs of my head and Eric was coming in my mouth, shot after shot of sticky semen. I swallowed it down and licked him clean.

I wiped my mouth on the back of my hand and crawled back into Eric's waiting arms. "Oh Lissa," he sighed, "I've missed you so much."

"I can tell," I giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

"No but seriously," he said, turning to look into my eyes. "Being apart...it hurts, y'know?"

I stopped him by putting my finger against his lips "Later, OK?" I whispered. If we kept going on this track I was going to cry again. This night needed to be about something else for me.

Eric seemed to understand. He smiled a sad smile and kissed the finger against his lips. He kissed my lips deeply. I loved the feeling of his big hands pressing against me. He worked his hands under my t-shirt; his palms were rough against my delicate skin. When he squeezed my nipple I cried out, muffled by his mouth. A jolt of pleasure shot through my clit.

I wanted him then; it felt like I couldn't wait another moment to have him inside me. But Eric seemed determined to tease me a little first. He stripped my t-shirt off and as I helplessly ran my fingers through his hair and over his broad back he kissed me everywhere. He traced the tip of his tongue along my neck and nibbled on my breasts until I wanted to scream.

When his searching mouth found its way to the top of my jeans I was panting. He slowly removed the rest of my clothing and nipped at my hipbone with his teeth. I really needed someone to touch me down there. I grabbed his hand and guided it down to my very ready opening. When he felt how wet I was I noticed Eric's intake of breath and felt his erection bob against my leg.

He stroked my slick folds and dropped his mouth to my breast again. I groaned; much more of this and I was going to come. But he wouldn't put his finger inside me. I bucked my hips against his hand, trying to get satisfaction. Eric chuckled, he knew what I wanted.

"Please, Baby," I moaned, "I want to feel you inside me." I looked into his eyes and saw his lust for me. I removed Eric's shirt and he slid his jeans down his legs. He pushed my knees apart and rested, poised at my opening. Every part of me strained towards him. I knew that as soon as he was inside me I could feel complete again.

He pushed into me and I groaned. His cock was rock hard again and it stretched me comfortably. I brought my knees up as he gently thrust into me again and again, angling his hips just right to hit that sweet spot. I felt his breath on my shoulder. I licked my lips and they were salty with sweat, his or mine.

My orgasm built as every time Eric thrust into me he brushed against my clit. Just as I was wishing he would pick up the pace, he did; we were so in sync at that moment. I could barely catch my breath as the pressure built and built inside of me. I bit down on his shoulder and came, hard, shuddering around his amazing cock. He came a moment later, releasing into me with a groan.

"I love you," I whispered, as he withdrew from me. I hadn't really meant to say it, it just slipped out. It was true, but we didn't say that anymore. A very long moment passed as we lay next to each other, breathing hard.

"I love you too," he whispered.

12