Alisha: A dark Romance Ch. 02

Story Info
It's a tale as old as time. Love found, lost and found again.
9.1k words
4.63
33.9k
38
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Andyhm
Andyhm
2,038 Followers

Copyright Andyhm. 2018

The author asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.

This is a work of fiction. The events described here are imaginary; the settings and characters are fictitious and are not intended to represent specific places or living persons. All characters engaging in sexual relationships or activities are 18 years old or older.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alisha: A Dark Romance.

It's a tale as old as time, of love found, lost and found again. It's the oldest plot in literature.

This is my take on this tale. It concentrates on the 'found again' part, and looks at the difficulties people have in rebuilding a relationship, and for one, regaining trust after it has been lost. Is it a loving wife's tale or a Romance? I started out writing a lost love romance but as it progressed it became darker and darker until it seems to me to have slipped into the LW category.

This is the second part (of 5). All are finished and I'll be submitting them on consecutive days. it is not a BTB tale - if that's what you are looking for then I'd suggest you stop reading now! I've left voting and comments on. I will delete any non-constructive or abusive comments.

Review and editing was by the wonderful Blackrandl1958. All of the remaining mistakes are mine as I can't resist that final tweak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alisha - Chapter 2

Eighteen months later:

I dropped my bag just inside the door of the flat, and my backpack on the table. I collapsed on the sofa in the lounge, sick to my stomach. I glanced at my watch, 12 hours since I'd walked out of the hotel room, and I guessed Ali still hadn't noticed I'd left.

I'd flown out to Antigua five days earlier to join Ali on her latest assignment, I hadn't seen her for several days, and our reunion was as passionate as ever. I was glad that absence made the heart fonder, as she'd been somewhat distant for the past few months.

On her last couple of assignments, she'd barely made any time for me, yet she'd been the one who'd wanted me with her. She'd blamed it on the pressure of work, so when she was offered this contract we'd arraigned that I would join her and we'd have a week's vacation at the end. I was looking forward to a relaxing vacation and the chance to reconnect with my wife.

I got a renewed taste of reality the next morning. Alisha was scheduled for a swimwear shoot at dawn on the hotel's exclusive beach. She had woken me up with a kiss as she'd left the room.

"It's very early," she whispered. "You stay in bed, I'll be finished in a few hours, and we can have a late breakfast. You can come and collect me later."

I tried to sleep but I couldn't, I showered and stood on the balcony and saw the lights of the photographer's crew on the beach below. What the hell, I thought; I might as well go and watch the shoot.

As I stepped onto the sand, a security guard stopped me. "Sorry, this section of the beach is off limits to the public," he told me.

"That alright, I'm Alisha's husband."

"And she's?"

"The model," and I pointed at her as she stood ankle deep in the surf 50 yards away.

He shook his head, "My instructions are to let only let people with a pass onto the beach.

Fuck it, I thought, I'd always been allowed to be with Ali on a shoot, and this wasn't going to be the first time it happened. I called over to her.

She paused and gave me a wave and a few moments later one of the numerous assistants came walking over. Good, I thought; we'll get this solved quickly.

Before I could say anything, the woman spoke. "You need to leave; you're disturbing James." The assistant spoke in an American accent.

"And who the fuck is James?"

"He's the photographer," she said in a shocked tone.

I shrugged dismissively, "Fair enough, but it's not him I want to see, it's my wife, so if you could just tell this nice man to let me pass everything will be fine."

"I can't; it's a closed set."

I gave her an incredulous look, there had to be at least 20 people on the beach, and I could tell that at least half of them had no discernible role in the shoot.

"Ali," I shouted, "This idiot won't let me on the beach."

She stopped in mid-pose and then headed in my direction. She was stopped by the photographer, who I assumed was the famous James. I could hear the harsh tone of the conversation from where I was standing. James pointed back at the surf, and Ali just stood there shaking her head and pointing at me.

A third person joined them, and to my surprise, after a moment Ali walked back into the surf. This third person headed over in my direction. As he approached, I recognized him from Ali's agency. Tony looked after Ali for the modeling agency.

"Ben, I'm sorry, but James won't have another photographer on any of his shots." He said as he approached me.

"I'm not here as a bloody photographer; I don't even have a camera on me. I'm here as Ali's husband, and I seem to recall her contract specifically states I can accompany her on shoots as a chaperone."

"Christ, Ben, please don't push that. He's a temperamental bastard at the best of times. He just about had a hissy fit when he saw you."

"Then he needs to grow a pair. Get Ali over here; I want to know what he said to her. Then tell this wanker," and I pointed at the security guard, "That I can access the shoot whenever I want."

Tony groaned, then made his way back to the shoot. He stopped to speak with James, and I watched in amusement as James started stamping his feet. It probably would have looked a lot more impressive if it hadn't been on the sand; all he achieved was to kick sand over his camera equipment.

Tony waved at Ali and pointed at me, and she ran over. "I'm sorry, love," she said as she hugged me. "I think it may be better if you wait for me in the room."

"Christ, am I a naughty child who needs to stand in the corner?"

"Don't be stupid; that not what I meant. I just don't want to annoy him anymore. He's supposed to be a genius and the only photographer the client will only use for their shoots. The shoot is a multi-page spread in an important American magazine, and I could get some amazing exposure when it's published."

"Ali, that's ridiculous, half the people over there are nothing to do with the shoot. I just want to be sure that you are okay and nobody's hassling you."

Tony had appeared beside her as I said that and I said to him, "You better have one of these magical passes for me, or my wife and I are going back to our room, and we'll watch the rest of the sunrise from our balcony."

Ali gave a little snort of amusement, but then said seriously. "I can't; I need to finish this."

I shook my head, "No, we need to resolve this; either the agency lives up to its contract and I'm allowed on set, or I'm flying home, Ali. I'm not going to hang around here for the next few days on the off chance I'll be able to see you between shots. I looked at your schedule last night, three more days of almost non-stop shoots."

Ali looked surprised at my blunt statement. "You don't mean it; you wouldn't leave."

"Why shouldn't I; this is the third time you've asked me to come with you and then ignored me. What's the point of me being here if you are going to abandon me like you did the other time's?"

"It's only for the next few days, and then we have a couple of days to ourselves."

"A couple of days; don't you mean a week."

"Err, yes sorry that's what I meant."

Tony handed me a laminated pass he'd pulled from his pocket. "For Christ's sake only use it if you need to. He's pissed off enough as it is and we can't afford for him to walk."

"Is he that good?" I asked nodding in James direction.

Tony hesitated, "Not really, oh he's good, no doubt about it, but honestly, you are as good if not better. It's just that for some reason the client, the owner of the fashion house, seems to think the sun shines out of that twat's ass."

"So, what's he got against me; he obviously likes people watching him from the size of the crowd over there."

Ali looked embarrassed, "Probably my fault," she admitted. "I was showing a few people some of my favorite photos you've taken of me, and James wanted to see them. He knows how good you are, love."

Oh crap. I looked back at the beach, and I could see what James was trying to achieve from this shoot. "You better go back," I told her. "The lights going to be perfect for about 15 minutes. I'll go for a walk and leave you to it."

Ali kissed me and hurried back to the shoot. I looked at the pass in my hand and then at a relieved looking Tony. "This better not be a one-off pass, I will be at the rest of the shots."

He flipped it over and pointed at the 'all access' hologram. "Ali didn't tell me you were coming or I'd have left this for you at the front desk."

"I had promised to do the photos for an old school friend's wedding, so I only able to get here last night," I explained.

Usually, if I was coming with her, we'd fly in together, so I wasn't that surprised Tony hadn't been aware I'd be here.

"We're going to take a few days' vacation after the shoot finishes."

I took a walk along the beach and found a hammock to lie down on. I fished out my phone and googled James, the photographer. I'd never heard of him before, and for a so-called genius, there wasn't that much information available, but there was enough for me to contemplate. I kept an eye on the shoot, and when it looked like they were nearing the end, I returned to the terrace.

Ali was all apologetic when she reached the terrace where I was waiting when the shoot finally wrapped up half an hour later. We headed up to our room and took a shower together. I washed the sand and salt from her body, and she started to cry.

"I'm sorry, love," she whispered. "I get so wrapped up in these stupid assignments that I forget that you are the most important thing in my life."

"I know, just don't forget in all of this that I love you."

"I know," and she moaned softly as my hands caressed her soft skin.

We dressed with promises of later fun, and with stomachs growling in protest, made our way down to the restaurant and found a table on the terrace. At the far side of the terrace James, Tony and one of James's assistant were sitting at a table with the remains of breakfast scattered across the table surface.

Ali gave them a hesitant wave and I ignored them, concentrating of ordering breakfast and a pot of coffee. We only just started our late breakfast before the assistant was standing at her shoulder insisting that she leave now, as the car to take her to the next location was waiting.

"I've got a hire car so that I can drive Ali around," I said. "Where is it?"

"You can't come, James won't..." he started to say when I glared at him and tapped the access pass lying on the table.

"I will be there, Ali's contract specifies a chaperone," and I smiled at him. "Where is it?"

He reluctantly handed over a copy of the call sheet for that day's locations.

The schedule had them at the next location in an hour, and the attached map showed that it was only 15 minutes away. "Be a good boy and tell James we'll be there on time," and dismissed him.

Ali looked both shocked and amused. "Ben, I better go with them."

"No," I insisted, "not this time. If I don't go with you to this location, he'll try to ban me from all the others. Is that what you want?"

"Nooo," she hesitated, "but I also don't want to spoil my chances for any other assignments."

"You won't, I did a bit of checking up on our friend while I was waiting for you. Other than this one fashion house, he's got very little influence in the business. Look, I'll compromise, I'll only come to this next location, and I'll leave before he's finished. I'm going to take my cameras and drive up to the mountains. This call sheet says you will be wrapping up at six, so I'll book us a table in the restaurant for seven thirty."

"No, I have a better idea," she said. "Let's order room service and eat naked on the balcony."

I laughed and agreed.

I drove her to the next location, a rather boring stream and a pathetic waterfall, hanging around just long enough to make sure James saw me. Then I was off, driving up the narrow winding roads, stopping numerous times photograph the amazing scenery. I couldn't help wishing Ali was with me as some of the places I found would have looked perfect with her in the images.

I got back to the hotel at four, tired, dirty, but content with my efforts. I knew I had some great shots in the camera. I showered and lay down on a sun bed on the balcony and fell asleep in the late afternoon sun.

It was eight o'clock when I was startled awake by a peel of raucous laughter from a balcony below me. The room behind me was dark and quiet. Even if the last shoot had overrun a bit, it was dark by six and Ali should have been back an hour ago.

I checked with the front desk, and they said that some of the group had got back an hour ago, but they hadn't seen Ali. I tried calling her, but her phone went straight to voicemail. By nine o'clock I'd had enough waiting for her, and headed down to the bar for a drink and a snack. As I passed the front desk, the receptionist gave me Ali's call schedule for the following day. Her first item was another beach shoot at six am.

The bar was at the back of the lobby, and I found a comfortable chair with a view of the entrance. It was well after eleven when she showed up, and she wasn't alone. She was in the company of a couple of the guys I'd seen at the shoot earlier that day. She'd obviously been drinking as her voice was slurred and she had an arm around the taller of the two men. He was guiding her towards the lobby elevators, only that bank of elevators didn't service our wing of the hotel.

Enough of this bullshit. I stood and intercepted the three of them at the elevator. The doors were starting to open, I blocked the opening and took hold of Ali's arm

"I'll take her from here," I said with a fake smile. "I'm sure you weren't thinking to do anything stupid with my wife, were you!"

The tall guy removed his arm from her, while his companion muttered, "What the fuck; who's he?"

Ali looked at me through eyes that had trouble focusing. Then seemingly recognizing me, she gasped. "Oh fuck, Ben, I'm sorry I forgot that you were waiting for me. James insisted that we go for a drink after the shoot. I'm not too late am I?"

"What the fuck, Ali; yes you are, it's almost bloody midnight. You were supposed to be back over five hours ago. We were supposed to have dinner together."

"Nooo, it can't be that late, I told Gerry and Ralphy," and she pointed at the two guys trying to sneak onto the elevator, "that I had to be back for seven."

"Well, obviously this pair of dumb fucks can't tell the time, because if I thought that they'd been trying to get you drunk for some other reason, I might get a tad annoyed with them."

I stuck my finger into Gerry's chest. "Don't let me see either of you near my wife again." I gave him a gentle shove back into the elevator, and Ralph scurried in after him.

I kept the doors from closing with my foot and said. "I'd suggest you find another hotel in the morning, or better still, leave the island. Don't let me see you anywhere near my wife ever again." I removed my foot and the doors closed.

I waited until we were in our room before I spoke next. "What the fuck did you think you were doing, you realize they were trying to take you up to one of their rooms.

She sat on the end of the bed and sobbed, "I'm sorry, Ben, I wouldn't have done anything with them I promise," she said. "I love you too much. James insisted that I join him and those two for drinks. Tony told me to go as well. They just ignored me when I said I had to go, and that I was meeting you. They sent the crew bus away, so I was stuck there."

I was going to have a quiet word with James and Tony in the morning. I smiled grimly to myself at the thought.

"Go and have a shower; you stink of cigarettes and stale booze." At least she didn't smell of sex, I thought. "I don't want to share a bed with you while you're like that."

She whimpered, but got up and headed into the bathroom. I shook my head, and taking the bottle of duty-free malt I poured myself a large glass and went out onto the balcony. I stood, hands on the balustrade and looked out over the beach. How had we got to this place in our lives; it wasn't that we didn't love each other any less, but recently it seemed I was taking second place to her career.

I don't know how much later it was when her arms tentatively slid around my waist. I stood still for a moment, not sure how I wanted to respond to her touch.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what's the matter me, Ben." She whispered into the back of my neck. "I knew I was late and I should have insisted they bring me back. Please don't hate me; I couldn't bear it."

Christ, she sounded scared. I turned around and discovered she was naked and shivering.

I held out my arms, and she stepped close and hugged me. "What's happening to us?" I asked.

"I've been foolish; I just need you to keep me sane." She played with the Emerald hanging between her breasts. "You have my promise, my love."

She led me to our bed, and for a second night, we made love until we collapsed in exhaustion.

I was up early the next morning, sliding out of bed without waking her. I made my way down to the lobby and found James and Tony in the restaurant ordering breakfast.

"Ali won't be down," I told them as I sat down and poured myself a cup of coffee. "I left her sleeping." I grabbed James by his arm. "Next time my wife says she doesn't want to go drinking, you won't argue, and you will arrange for a car to drive her back here." He squeaked in shock

"And you," I turned to Tony. "If you ever try pimping my wife out again, I will hurt you." I grabbed his hand and bent one of his fingers back. He cried with pain. "This is just a taste of what I'll do to you. I love my wife and neither of you assholes will do anything to upset her."

The pair of them looked scared, so I guessed they'd got the message. I drank my coffee and stood up. I turn to walk away and spotted several more of James's crew hovering in the entrance. I raised my voice, "Oh yes, all of this morning's shoots with Ali are canceled, you can call our room and let us know where you want her this afternoon." I paused and thought. "Don't call until after one," I told Tony. "I better not find those two assholes from last night anywhere near Ali again."

Tony came rushing after me and caught me by the elevator. "Ben, last night was just a misunderstanding."

"No, a misunderstanding is Ali being a few minutes late. Not that you are telling her, she needs to go for a drink with those two bastards. When I found her, they'd got her drunk and were just about to take her up to one of their rooms. I better not ever see them again."

"Shit," Tony gasped. "Christ, I had no idea; they were friends of James." He swore again then said, "Look after Ali for the rest of the day. I'm canceling the shoots for today. I promise you, the rest of them will be closed to everyone but the crew."

He stalked off in the direction of James, and as the elevator doors closed, I heard his voice raised as he shouted at James.

Ali was still asleep, so I ordered breakfast for both of us. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee had her moving. It took her a moment to notice that it was fully light outside.

"Ben, I'm late for the shoot; why didn't you wake me?" She cried out as she scrambled out of bed.

"Wait, you don't need to rush. I had a word with Tony and James earlier, and after what happened last night, they've agreed to cancel today's schedule so you can just relax for the day."

Andyhm
Andyhm
2,038 Followers