All Is Fair Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rebecca gave Helena another huge hug. Helena hugged her back, but something seemed so wrong. She remembered her missing soul and decided to give Brooks an earful later about springing this sort of thing on her. No way Helena was ready to handle this amount of baggage.

Brooks stood up like he was about to protest. Helena put her hands on his cheeks and pulled him down to her for a deep kiss. When they broke away she kept their noses close together.

"I will be fine," Helena said.

Brooks was stunned, just like she wanted him. He gave her another kiss on the forehead. Helena turned to Andrew and gave a simple wave, remembering Brooks' warning about being around males.

Daphne wrapped her arm around Helena's and started leading her out of the room.

"You smell amazing," Daphne said.

"Thank you," Helena said. She didn't think she smelled like anything but herself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"That couldn't have gone worse," Rebecca said.

Brooks felt bad. He didn't waste anytime and dove right into Helena's story. Filling her sister and Andrew in on Victor and Abe. Helena had given him permission, but he felt like he might have over shared. Rebecca threw her head back on the sofa when he was done.

"I don't think there is a single scenario where I could have screwed things up worse," Rebecca said.

"That's not true," Andrew said. "You could be dead. Both of you could be dead. Fate has a way of working itself out."

Brooks was new to the mate bond, but he thought Andrew should have been a bit harsher with Rebecca. He liked to think if the situation were reversed he wouldn't have trouble telling Helena she was wrong for abandoning her sister. Brooks shook his head. Andrew probably did that in private, not in front of his future Alpha. After all, the point of this meeting was not to shame Rebecca.

"Zachary seems to think that Helena is not exactly human. She agreed to give him some blood to test, but he has no idea what he will find," Brooks said. "Outside of her resistance to the mate bond and not dying from the vampire bite I was wondering if you had any other evidence to support that."

"She appears to be taking fine to the mate bond," Andrew said.

Brooks nodded his head, not meaning to bring up any personal problems with this session. He was happy when Rebecca changed the subject.

"I can't think of anything," Rebecca said. "We had a abnormal upbringing, but outside of Helena refusing to go out when it was dark outside I can't think of anything unusual."

This wasn't what Brooks wanted to hear. He leaned back on the couch.

"Are you sure turning her is the right idea?" Rebecca asked. "What if it doesn't erase what Victor did to her?"

"Zachary is confident," Brooks said. "So I am too, besides it feels right. Helena thinks so too."

"I would love to be there for it," Rebecca said. "I mean the mating ceremony is pretty much the equivalent of a wedding."

"We haven't told her about the mating ceremony yet," Brooks said.

"Oh," Rebecca said.

Brooks could see the look of shock on Rebecca and Andrew's faces.

"Well," Brooks said. "Turning her seems more important. We can always do that first and then worry about the mating ceremony."

"I am sorry Alpha," Rebecca said. "I just assumed since mine were together."

"Very safe assumption," Brooks said.

"We should get going," Rebecca said. "I have to work tonight."

"You know you're mated with a Beta," Brooks said. "You can test for Beta anytime you're ready. There is no reason for you to keep a job in town."

"I enjoy it though," Rebecca said. "It reminds me of my human roots."

Brooks never thought of that before. He made a mental note to speak with Andrew about human women become Weres after Helena's turning. Maybe she would like some human reminders as well.

They both stood up from the couches and Brooks rose with them. He shook Andrew's hand and gave Rebecca a hug.

"Please," Rebecca said. "I would like nothing more than to reconnect with my sister. I know I don't deserve it, but any good words you could put in for me would be appreciated."

"I believe deep down that is what Helena wants too," Brooks said. "But the last thing I want to do is rush her."

"I understand," Rebecca said. "Thank you again. For setting this up."

Brooks walked them to the door. Once they left he had the urge to go find Helena. Then he remembered she was safe with his mother and he was backlogged with work. He returned to his desk and hoped that Helena was continuing to make progress.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"With your brown hair and blue eyes I was thinking red and black for your color scheme," Daphne said. "The opposite of the color wheel. I think red is your color, maybe like a burnt orange."

"What?" Helena asked.

"For your ceremony," Daphne said.

This sounded more like a wedding. Helena didn't consider colors a necessity.

"You need to back up," Helena said. "What does a ceremony entail?"

"I just assumed Brooks told you," Daphne said.

"No," Helena said. "We...talked about different things last night."

"I know I am his mother, but I am just thrilled for the two of you," Daphne said. "Leave all details out, but besides that I am fine. His smell is all over you."

Helena felt her cheeks go red.

"That's a good thing dear," Daphne said. "Forward motions."

She kept walking down the hall. Helena wanted to stop moving and just talk, but Daphne had other ideas.

"Tell me," Helena said. "What I can expect. I don't even know how a human becomes a Werewolf. I always thought it was accidental bites or scratches."

"Pop culture has not been as kind to us as vampires," Daphne said.

As soon as the word left her mouth Daphne turned to look at her. She gritted her teeth and sucked in her breath.

"Sorry," Daphne said. "I shouldn't mention the V word."

"It's fine," Helena said. "Really, I'm okay."

Helena had never been to this part of the lodge. The entered a giant room that was made of glass. She almost would have thought it was a green house if the paneling hadn't been clear.

"This is where the after party will be," Daphne said. "You will probably be asleep for most of dinner, if not all of it. One my night I didn't wake up until almost 3 o'clock in the morning."

"Daphne," Helena said. "You need to slow down. Please can we sit and you give me a play by play."

"Wow," Daphne said. "I like you this talkative. I'm not used to it. Follow me."

Daphne kept walking. They went to a room off of the hall. Helena was surprised. It wasn't nearly as glamorous as every other room she had seen thus far. It was still decked out in wood décor, but only held a single desk with two average looking chairs. The furniture barely fit in the room. Daphne took a seat behind the desk. Helena noticed the artwork behind her. They were crayon drawings done by children. Helena immediately felt more comfortable here.

"This is my office," Daphne said. "I know what you're thinking. Where is the cozy feeling? Why the small space? But honestly to me an office is meant to do work, so I wanted a small space."

"It's perfect," Helena said.

"Well thank you," Daphne said.

"Who drew all those pictures?" Helena asked.

"The children of the pack," Daphne started.

She reached into a drawer and pulled out a file.

"I always encouraged my kids to draw," Daphne said. "Once they grew other children started giving me pictures, but I always kept my babies' drawings in this drawer."

"So Brooks does have siblings," Helena said.

"I am a proud mama of four," Daphne said. "Two boys and two girls."

"Where are the other three?" Helena asked. "I would love to meet them."

"Brooks is the oldest," Daphne said. "Next is Amy, she mated with someone from the Moore pack and lives across the country, visits a lot though. Colin is getting his Phd from Oxford, so he's an ocean away. I miss him so much."

Daphne put a hand over her heart.

"Then there is the baby," Daphne said. "My little Emma. She just went off to college. I make her call me every day, she hates it but eventually she will appreciate it. Don't worry, all of them will be here for the ceremony."

"Brooks never mentioned any of them," Helena said.

"He has been a bit distracted lately," Daphne said. "He wants to make sure you know you're his top priority. All four of them are so close, I couldn't be more proud. Do you want children?"

Helena gave a nervous laugh. She had given up on that idea a long time ago because of her lifestyle. She felt a pang of guilt, maybe her making up with Rebecca was more important to Brooks than she had realized.

"Here I go getting distracted again," Daphne said. "So you want to know about your ceremony?"

Helena nodded.

"The actual ceremony can be as public or private as you want," Daphne said.

"Private," Helena said.

Daphne nodded.

"Then it will start like any other day," Daphne said. "While it's not necessary I might beg you to spend the night before away from Brooks. Maybe you can get to know Amy and Emma then? Rebecca can come too."

"Let's ignore the details," Helena said. "Focus on specifics."

"You're right," Daphne said. "I'm just too excited."

Daphne looked at Helena like she wanted her to speak. Helena didn't have anything else to add though. She wanted the woman to continue.

"Then the two of you will go into a room," Daphne said. "Then when you come out there will be a big party with lots of people who want to meet you and wish you well. It will be the time of your life, we should start thinking about your party dress. How about red?"

"That didn't answer any questions," Helena said.

"I know dear," Daphne said. "But trust me when say you're better off being surprised. The whole night will be all about you."

"You know the whole point of me turning is to stop the vampire from eating me?" Helena asked. "All of this seems a little unnecessary."

Daphne's face fell. Helena didn't mean to make the woman feel bad, but it seemed like she was more interested in organizing a party than answering Helena's questions. Helena knew Daphne didn't deserve her ire.

"I'm sorry," Helena said. "It's been a long afternoon, seeing Rebecca and all, why don't you tell me about the party?"

Daphne perked back up again. Helena zoned her out, randomly nodding her head in agreement. Remembering her meeting with Rebecca threw her off. Helena decided to focus on more positive thoughts. Brooks. He was amazing. Especially the way he focused on her. Helena had never felt something like that before. She suddenly had the urge to grab him. For someone who was missing part of her soul Helena was feeling lots of feelings at the moment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brooks trusted Helena, so he did not drop in on her the rest of the day. When he made it back to the bedroom, he was surprised she wasn't there. His wolf urged his to go hunt her down, but he calmed himself. It would be a long three weeks if he behaved this way. Helena had agreed to so much he didn't want to jeopardize anything.

When his door sprung open he was already in his pajama pants stretched out on the bed reading a book. He dropped it and went to greet Helena. His mother stuck her head in and waved goodnight. Helena looked relaxed and smiled at him. Brooks raised an eyebrow.

"Were you drinking champagne again?" he asked.

"Believe it or not I am completely sober," Helena said. "I dare anyone to spend eight hours with your mom and not show up smiling."

"Her happiness is a little annoying isn't it?" Brooks asked.

"Just a little," Helena said.

Both of them laughed.

"Did you eat dinner?" Brooks asked.

"Yes," Helena said. "Did you?"

Brooks nodded. Helena took a seat on the bed. She removed her shoes, then stood up and pulled her dress up over her head. He was not expecting such a brash move. He took in every part of her body. Brooks knew his mouth was hanging open, but he didn't care.

"You forgot to mention that by not showering I smelled like you all day," Helena said.

"Did I now?"

"You also forgot to tell me you were going to ambush me with my sister," Helena said.

Her sweet look faded away and she started walking towards the bathroom. Brooks did not take his eyes off her behind. It as perfect, just like the rest of her. He heard the shower turn on and ran into the bathroom. She had unhooked her bra, but still had it pressed to her chest with her arm. She took her free hand and playfully pushed Brooks away.

"Your turn to sit on the sink," Helena said.

She stepped into the stall. Brooks watched her silhouette shimmy out of her panties and throw them over top before adding her bra to the pile. He was hit with immediate arousal. He watched her walk under the water and took in ever bit of her washing herself down. It didn't matter what bodywash she was using, her scent was everywhere and Brooks was enthralled.

"You're a little too quiet," Helena said. "It's making me nervous."

He watched as she bent over and started washing her legs. He gulped loudly.

"Daphne was more interested in the after party," Helena said. "She didn't really tell me what to expect regarding the actual change."

"She's a smart woman," Brooks said. "Can we please avoid talking about my mother?"

"As long as we can agree to not bring up my sister," Helena said.

Helena was clever. Brooks had to admit that. He watched her silhouette start to rub the sponge across her chest. Brooks thought he was close to cumming just from watching her. He stuck his hand in his mouth, taking a move from Helena's playbook.

"Agreed?"

"Deal," Brooks said, briefly removing his hand.

The water turned off. Helena grabbed the towel lying over the top. Brooks looked away as she dried herself. He needed to control himself before he pinned her to the bathroom floor. He didn't turn his head when she stepped out of the shower.

"I thought I would try your look," Helena said.

Brooks moved his head towards her. She had the towel wrapped low around her waist. He didn't think they would make it to the bed tonight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a slow night at the bar. Rebecca hated slow nights. She wanted people around her constantly, she liked to soak them all in. After a day like today she needed it. She wore an extra short skirt, with a top that showed her navel, complete with high-heeled thigh high boots. It was waste. Everything was falling apart. This was unacceptable.

All the human employees were long gone. She had sent them home at last call, knowing she could handle the closing duties by herself. All the counters were wiped down, the counters were washed, and the liquor was stocked. Rebecca grabbed her purse. She pulled out her phone. Ten messages from Andrew. Her smile went at a slant, she had expected more. Not bothering to reply she put her phone back and walked towards the door.

She pulled out her car keys and turned out the lights before closing the door. She locked the door and pulled twice to make sure it was secure. She thought it was a waste, not like anyone would try to rob this place. Everyone in this crap town had their suspicions about the people who ran it. Rebecca thought they were silly though, no real harm would come to them even if they destroyed the place. The Alpha was too soft for that, and his son was worse.

Rebecca kept her keys out and started walking towards her car. It wasn't really her car though, just a pack one she borrowed. Rebecca loved closing down the bar. That meant there was nobody to drive home with. She had some time to herself.

Right before Rebecca was about to turn to head to her car she felt a cold rush of air. Someone grabbed a hold of her neck and threw her against the brick wall of a building. Her heart jumped in her throat. She began kicking and clawing, but nothing worked to avoid her attacker.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Helena smiled down at Brooks. He lifted his hand and ran it through her hair. For the second time in as many nights she was able to give herself into pleasure, not all way, but enough that her body was tingling. She brought her head down and lay in his crook. He kept stroking her hair.

"Is it wrong that we did that to each other on the bathroom floor?" Helena asked.

"Not at all," Brooks said. "I keep this bathroom ridiculously clean."

"You don't clean at all," Helena said. "Don't think I haven't noticed the constantly made bed. You have a maid."

"Not a maid," Brooks said. "Everyone serves the pack in different ways. The people that clean our room are just as important as you or I."

Helena felt guilty for her joke. She also didn't know how to respond to Brooks' comment about her being part of the pack.

"I guess we should go to the bed," Helena said.

"Are you tired?" Brooks asked.

"Not really," Helena said.

"Then I have a better idea," Brooks said. "Get dressed, something comfy."

Helena lifted her head, but he was already up. She liked the way his ass moved as he walked out of the bathroom. She grabbed the towel they were lying on and followed him.

Brooks was in the closet already, pulling on a pair of sweatpants. Helena noticed a space had been cleared for her things. She didn't bother with undergarments and grabbed a pair of yoga pants and a black t-shirt. The fabric felt so fine against her skin.

"I doubt you ordered any sweatshirts on your shopping spree," Brooks said.

He handed her a giant grey hoodie. Helena didn't ask any questions and pulled it on over her head. It hung down to her knees. Helena watched as he pulled out a navy blue one. She watched him slip his feet into a pair of sandals. Helena grabbed her plain flip flops and put them on as well.

"Where are we going?" Helena asked.

"It's a surprise," Brooks said.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the closet. She had wanted a tour of the lodge and wasn't about to object. Besides, her body was still tingling with joy over the things he had done to her in the bathroom.

Helena followed him as he guided her through the hallways. She could tell he wanted to sprint, but was keeping a slow enough pace to keep her close. They ran down a giant set of stairs and Helena tried her best to take in the surroundings. This place was beautiful. Once they made it down three rolling sets of stairs there were two huge mahogany doors. Helena thought they must have been twenty feet tall. Brooks let go of her hand and opened the door. She was met with a gust of air. There was nothing but the night sky in front of her.

"I can't," Helena said.

"I will be with you the entire time," Brooks said.

"When I go outside at night it doesn't end well," Helena said.

"Things are about to change for you," Brooks said. "I want to take you on your first moonlit walk."

He held out his hand to her so eagerly. Helena looked up to his face. The stray lock of black hair hung over his brow. It was one of the first things she had noticed about him. Helena's instincts told her no, but the last few days ignoring them had done her well. She put her hand in his and followed him into the darkness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rebecca was dropped. She landed on her feet and immediately bent over gasping for breath. A voice across from her was laughing. Rebecca composed herself and used her bag to smack her offender.

"Ass," she said.

"We need to talk," he replied.

Rebecca rolled her eyes. She assumed he could tell, even though it was pitch black outside.

"You should have came in the bar," Rebecca said. "Nobody is in there. Come on, let me make you a drink."

Her heels clicked against the pavement. She still had her keys in her hand and it didn't take her long to reenter the bar. She turned on the employee only lights that kept the place dim and went behind the bar. Rebecca popped open a beer for herself and started pouring his drink.