Allegra

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A nod, and then Erdgar gravely changed the subject. He caressed one of Allegra's feet.

"Danetta, please listen. I've made a harsh decision, and I don't know how be tactful with it. I'll have to be blunt."

Danetta shifted Allegra's position, taking the foot away from Erdgar's fingers. She put the baby's hungry mouth to the other side. "Hm? A harsh decision? There's little of anything harsh about you."

He took a sober breath. "I nearly killed you."

Her head jerked up and her eyes narrowed. She gave him a confused expression. "I honestly don't understand."

Erdgar's nostrils flared as he tried to keep his patience. "You didn't want another child, but I persisted, and you nearly died during the labor."

Danetta... merely smiled, showing her teeth. "Erdgar, my Dearest, I harbor no regrets. I was disinclined in the beginning, but Allegra is here, and I can't fathom a reality in which she is not here."

Of course Danetta loved the child. He did too. That wasn't the point.

Erdgar told her, "I don't want any more children, Danetta."

Her eyebrows rose.

He continued. "If you become pregnant again, then I must urge you to take an abortifacient as soon as possible. I'd have to do my part as well, to make sure you'll never need an abortifacient."

Her lips parted.

"You've given me six children, Dear Madam. I'm proud of this number. There was a time when I thought I'd never find an adequate wife, and some people assumed I was unable to sire even one child, yet here I am with more than everything I've hoped for. I don't want to put your life at risk again. I don't want you to suffer under my greed. Therefore," here, he reached up and stroked her cheek with his curled fingers, "we should have more care with your body."

Danetta's face turned back down. She was lovingly gazing at Allegra's pink face. "Such a beautiful child, our first daughter, and... although this sounds cruel... she will hopefully be our last." She nodded very securely, as if she had only just then convinced herself. "This is our only little girl, our precious lady."

Erdgar's heart lightened, and he kissed the child's head.

He suspected that he'd coddle this child much more than had had done with the boys. He'd have to be careful to be sure that she wouldn't become an ungrateful, rotten thing.

But he already wanted to find a few pretty dolls for her.

***

Author's Note: That's the end for this installment. I'm not sure what to write next. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. And thanks for reading! I don't think this was my best work, but it made me feel warm and fuzzy.

12