Almost Pt. 04.2

Story Info
Agents get busy, Don returns the Ben's call, Meet the team.
4.4k words
4.46
10.1k
11

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/27/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
danoctober
danoctober
382 Followers

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" ― Bruce Lee

*

By 9:45 am Saturday morning, Agent McDonald and Agent Smith had left one of the Agency's satellite offices located behind a dry-cleaning laundry in the center of the downtown section of the busy Metropolitan City. Both agreed on a drink. Problem was, Agent Smith wanted to go to a 24-hour strip club and Agent McDonald wasn't having any of that. Having a couple scotches at 9:30 in the morning was one thing.

Looking at another nude woman besides his wife was another. McDonald had a moral code he lived. His mother was a sincere Christian and brought all her children up that way. His wife grew up in the same neighborhood and attended the same church. They married young with the sole intention of raising a family the same way they had been brought up. With honestly and faithfulness to each other and go all the way in pursuit of good dreams and intentions.

Williams McDonald's own code would never allow him to voluntary put temptation before his wife. He was a man who knew himself very well. It was too easy to fall in that trap. He loved and respected his wife Sheila too much for that to happen. Sheila was smarter than most woman in respect to her husband. She knew the average man is egoistic, proud and has strong self-esteem. Those men always require partners who massaged their ego when needed not those who would drag their man's ego to the mud. Sheila was the best thing that ever happened to him and he knew it. Agent Smith on the other hand...

"Come on Will, I know a place where we can have a drink and see some beautiful young titties at the same time not to far from here. What do you say? Come on man."

In the past 14 months they had this conversation 1000 times. At first McDonald found it offensive, but now it was running joke. Now? It was just a stupid way to pass time until they hit the bar.

Will didn't want to play that game today and said, "Jeff, you got to get straight with Jesus."

Jeff grew up Christian but didn't know kind he was. Growing up, his folks didn't go to church hardly if ever. The only time Jesus came up was the big two. Religion for Jeff was chocolate candy eggs & bunnies at Easter and Christmas trees and presents at Christmas. That was all the religion he'd experienced it was enough for him.

But one thing he did NOT want is Agent William McDonald to go all Jesus crazy on him. Fucker should have been a preacher.

Looking out the passenger window watching the world roll by, "Yeah, whatever Will. Fuck man, let's go to Clancy's at 5th and...".

Before he could finish, Jeff's phone went rang.

McDonald keep his eyes on the road while listening to the one-way conversation. Jeff slapped the back of his left hand on McDonald's arm to get his attention as he finished the conversation. "Uh-huh...we're on are way now. I'll call when we are in position sir." Will turned and looked a Jeff briefly before returning his eyes to the road, "What's up?"

"Will, got a change of plans. Code K9K. Not a drill."

Code K9K were instructions to keep very close surveillance on Dan, look for bad guys, use of lethal force authorized. By the time both agents left the vehicle and were on foot, a clean up crew would be close if things with south. The Agency could make magic happen. Any dead bodies would be cleared immediately and a clean up crew would have sanitized the area within 3 minutes. Now you see them now you don't. The Agency could take moments in time and make them disappear.

Jeff continued, "That was Master Chief. Shadow time on Dan today." That code said it all. Anyone looking at either of the two would not be able to read them. They were zoning now. No more chit chat. All business. Agency and National Security business. Kill if necessary business. "Our instructions are to park across the street from Dan's apartment and wait for further instructions." Nothing more was said or needed to be said. In the past 14 months this was the first time a, 'this is not a drill', had situation came up.

"Will, you good?"

"Agent Smith, It's a beautiful day and I never felt better.", MacDonald said flatly swerving around the early Saturday morning traffic, "And you?"

"I'm getting a big fucking hard on...so yeah...I'm good." Jeff said without emotion.

____________________________________________________

By 9:00 a.m. Benjamin David Harrison received a return call from the White House. His P/A Sharon De Vinci connected the call herself. Benjamin's long-time friend and now "President" Donald Trump's voice came through clearly. With an agreeable tone, "I was on the phone with Chinese when I got your message, Ben. You got my attention and you got your 5 minutes. So, shoot... ".

Benjamin David Harrison broke it down. His number 1 concern? Samantha's safety. Benjamin Harrison's voice was calm as he began to ask a series of well thought questions that he felt needed answering. Trump shut him down after the first, "Ben my good friend, listen to me. I don't have the time now to go into details. That's why I'm will have someone contact your office after this call to answer any questions you or your wife may have. "

Benjamin Harrison considered what the President was saying. "Thank you, Mr. President. I owe you. "

"I know. And Benjamin, I'll keep you to it. Give my regards to your wife Jacklyn." Then the phone went dead.

30 seconds later Sharon put her head through into his office, "Mr. Harrison, someone from the White House on the phone requesting to speak with you by instruction of the President. "

Benjamin Harrison waved Sharon in and made the gesture of writing on a pad of paper. Sharon already had paper and pen in hand as she sat down in the chair. Sharon adjusted her reading glasses and looked down at pad on preparation of taking dictation. Of course, the conversation was being recorded, but Mr. Harrison wanted printed copies of both to read later. "Benjamin Harrison here."

From the other end of the line, "Good morning Mr. Harrison, the President has informed us to contact you regarding a young man your daughter was out with last night, a, Mr. Alexander Daniel Hamilton. Is that correct sir?"

"That would be the young man. As you can understand, I worry about the young men my daughter sees so when I had a detailed background report done on him nothing came up. (1) Is my daughter in any danger? (2) May I ask who his is and what does he does that's so important for the government?

There was a pause for a moment over the phone, "Mr. Harrison, number one, your daughter in not in any danger. We want you and your wife to be assured of this. It's important that we sit down and discuss this you both of you as soon as possible. We were thinking we could send a group to debrief you both at 2:00 pm. Would that be a good time to meet?"

Benjamin looked across the desk at Sharon for approval. She had his schedule memorized for the next three days from hour to hour. She nodded in approval and returned to taking minutes. "That will be fine. My secretary will make finalize the arrangements. We'll be expecting your people at 2:00."

Sharon took over her notes as Benjamin opened his phone to call his wife, Jacklyn. She was in the mansion somewhere, and this was the quickest way to get a hold of her. Jacklyn looked down at the picture of her husband as it came up on the phone and smiled. "Hello Mr. Harrison, how may I be of assistance?" For some senseless reason, this always made Benjamin smile inside. "Mrs. Harrison, I need the pleasure of your company at 2:00. We have guest from the White House coming by to visit."

"Oh, Benjamin that sounds important. What's it about?"

"Are you sitting down?"

With much more concern in her voice, "Benjamin, don't fool around like that. Is everything ok?"

"Well, Sam's new friend of interest is some Secret Agent or something. Did a background check and nothing came up? Absolutely nothing. I called Donald's people and had some phone time with the President this morning. Bottom line, the White House is sending some people over at 2:00 to give us some background on this boy's situation. Anyway, I want you here for the meeting. "

"How did Samantha get mixed up with that boy? Is she in trouble or danger? "

"Don's people said she wasn't in any danger. I'm sure we will have all our answers at 2:00. That's all for now. See you at 2:00 in my office Jackie. Don't worry. Love you. Oh...by the way, the President of the United States of America said to send his regards this morning. "

"Oh my, well that was thoughtful. Love you too Benjamin." she said as the call had ended.

The first thought that went thru Jacklyn Harrison's mind was, "Now what has this girl got herself into?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how hard you try, there are times when things just don't go as planned. The Agency was no exception. Operation, "Happy Little Camper" was designed by some of the best minds the Agency had. They felt confident they had every angle covered and had complete control over a simple domestic operation like this. What no one took seriously was recommendations from the people who watch over Dan's psychological well-being. They were a team of doctors assigned to Dan he visited monthly.

An entire library had been created documenting Dan's progress from the time of his birth. No one thought Dan was crazy, but no one really could grasp his genius. Much of the psychological documentation was based on studies of the way Dan could maintain the delicate balance between his intellectual personality and his social personality. Imagine two shoe boxes. But when he would open one the other would close.

Dan had trained his mind from a very early age to do this out of necessary to maintain the relationship with his mother, father, and sister. But agency requested constant observation for many reasons. (1) Dan's work was revolutionary. Slowing but surely, he was making progress on science that would change the world as we know it. (2) The US wanted that science first and foremost for National Security reasons and Commercial Benefit (3) Genius like Dan's had been known to drive men insane.

That last one was worrisome. Any Agency operation planning included, what if scenarios. What if Dan flipped out one day and was unable to continue? What would happen if Dan's two shoes boxes opened at the same time? What if Dan simply no longer was interested in research?

Dan knew his research was important. What Dan did not know was the Agency would take whatever action deemed necessary to keep that research moving along. Nothing was off the table concerning that issue.

What the Agency did not count on was Dan falling in love. Oh, the doctors had but as the paper work move up the ladder, someone dropped the ball on that one

By 10:15 a.m. an emergency meeting had been called at HQ based on two issues. (1) the reports sent in by Agent McDonald and Agent Smith (2) more importantly, a call from the White House from the President himself directly to Master Chief Richard Kirk C/O (commanding officer) of Operation, "Happy Little Camper" requesting a full report within 24 hours on the President's desk about this obscure project few knew anything about. Including a detailed report on a "Dan Hamilton".

Master Chief never had a call like that in his life. Somehow the White House had worked their way thru the chain of command and officials to get to his cell number. When he answered his cell earlier, all that was said was, "Richard Kirk?

"Yes."

"The President would like to speak to you. Hold please."

By the time he was off the phone he had a plan of action worked out. He called his agents with a Code K9K and then an emergency staff meeting. Master Chief Richard Kirk was about to have a, 'coming to meet Jesus' talk with his staff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The emergency round table meeting included the regulars.

Dr. Jason Bergen, 63, Head Psychiatrist and original point man responsible for gathering, tracking, and reporting Dan's psychological well-being.

Dr. Lisa Mergence, 43, Psychiatrist, assistant to Dr. Bergen and co-author of most reports submitted to the Agency.

Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum would not be there. That's how the Doctor's referred to Agent McDonald and Agent Smith among themselves in private.

Dr. Ted Jefferson, 57, head of the Science team that reported progress on the research produced.

Dr. Sharon Rose, 46, assistant to Dr. Jefferson and who breaks down the science jargon in easy terms to the group when called upon.

Ms. Lori Gardens, 34, CPA, CCA, assigned by the Agency as controller responsible for reporting budget data, cost overruns and P/A (personal assistant to the C/O (Commanding Officer).

And finally, Special Operations C/O assigned to project, "Happy Little Camper", Navy Seal Master Chief, Richard Kirk, 43. A no nonsense manager who only wanted solutions.

The doctors had never been assigned to a man like Kirk before. The entire team had been assembled 2 months before Dan was brought on board in preparation for taking care of him. In last 14 months, each of the doctors had at one time or another had been dressed down for coming to a meeting and not being prepared. In each case it only happened once. Now everyone was on the same page. Everyone on the team knew now there would be hell to pay if a problem arose and didn't have a solution. But for the first time since the project began, there was a "serious" problem. One never considered important until now.

"Good morning everyone, I'm glad everyone could be here. I had a call from President Trump this morning regarding our young Dan."

Everyone one in the room looked at the Master Chief and then to each other. Complete silence.

Slowly and with steel in his voice, "Would anyone care to explain to me..... the possible reason....why the President of the United States.... would be calling me on a Saturday morning about Mr. Hamilton.... and requesting a full detailed background report on Dan to be on his desk in the next 24 hours? Any idea at all?"

Master Chief was unreadable as everyone looking at each other for someone to speak first.

Dr. Ted Jefferson, head of the Science team nodded to Dr. Rose for a possible explanation, "As you know sir, our work involves High-temperature superconductivity. This science would change the world as much as manned flight had if successful Promising future applications include high-performance smart grid, electric power transmission, transformers, power storage devices, electric motors, magnetic levitation devices, military superiority, and countless others...blah, blah, bah."

Kirk leaned back in his chair and nodded as he listened in a polite manner to Doctor Rose. He already fucking knew what the fucking project was about. He was the damn leader of this band of misfits. Enough of this nonsense. The Science team had no answers.

Still expressionless Kirk paused, leaned forward, put his elbows on the desk and temple'd his fingers together as he looked at everyone in the room again waiting for someone to contribute to the meeting.

He needed more people liked McDonald and Smith. Given orders, those two were a do or die team. The end. The scientist in the room, not so much. The number cruncher/assistant was good enough. But damn those PhD's were always tripping over each other trying to take credit for any success they assisted in Dan's research. None would be here except for Dan. They were Dan's assistants. They were chosen by people in the know in a higher pay scale than himself. And his job was to make this team work. Kirk would make this team viable even if he couldn't water board these PhD's into submission.

The Science Team Research co-director Dr. Jefferson looked down at the reports before him and frowned. He wanted to add something but had nothing. ""We seemed to have a problem that is beyond the scope my fellow researchers and I can deal with. We all received a copy of the reports from Agent McDonald and Smith this morning." Passing a copy of the reports to Kirks P/A, Dr. Jefferson continued, "Sir, I think it might be better if I hand this over to Dr. Bergan and let him explain."

Dan's chief physician Dr. Bergan clear his throat and began. "It seems our Mr. Hamilton has fallen in love. Foremost, I want everyone in this room to remember in our first meeting more than a year ago based on the psychological profile my staff created on young Daniel, that THIS was a possibility. I warned everyone... ", looking at Dr. Lisa Mergence to bring out a copy of the original report continued, "....I want that made perfectly clear right now."

Kirkland took the report and started to review it while Bergen continued, "We believe Dan has been hit by what the Italians call, "Colpo di fulmine". The thunderbolt. When love strikes someone like lightning, so powerful and intense it can't be denied. "

Kirkland looked up after that statement and for the first time his career, wanted to take the report in front of him and flip it across the room in disgust. He leaned back in his chair and calmly said, "I see...please continue."

Dr. Bergan looked to his assistant Dr. Lisa Mergence to continue, "Research has shown two bases for love at first sight. The first is that the attractiveness of a person can be very quickly determined, with the average time in one study being 0.13 seconds. The second is that the first few minutes, but not the first moment, of a relationship have shown to be predictive of the relationship's future success, more so than what two people have in common or whether they like each other.

Infatuation on the other hand, not to be confused with love at first sight, is the state of being carried away by an unreasoned passion or assumed love. Hillman and Phillips describe it as a desire to express the libidinal attraction of addictive love, inspired with an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone. Blah...blah.... blah."

Kirk could not believe his ears. THIS was going to be the topic of this emergency meeting. Dan was in love? He looked across at Dr. Jefferson and Dr. Rose of the Science team for a clue to what the fuck was going on. They both knew what he was asking but just shrugged their shoulders in reply. He returned to the report before him and biting his lower lip continued listening.

".....and that being the case, this overwhelming desire and longing or "love sickness", has our young Daniel by the "balls" so to speak."

"So, let me get this straight," Kirk said to confirm, "our young Dan .... is in love? Am I missing something here. Can someone connect the dots for me?"

Both Dr. Bergan and Dr. Mergence looked at each other, then looking at back in unison replied, "Yes sir, that would be correct."

Kirkland looked at Dr. Ted Jefferson and his assistant Dr. Sharon Rose. They had nothing to add. This not their fault and there was nothing they could contribute.

"Ok, Ted and Sharon I want to thank you both for your time today. That will be all. If there is anything you need I want to you come to me personally! Immediately! Understand? ".

They had been dismissed and that was that. Both researches replied, "Yes, sir." and rose to leave. They were happy to leave.

Once both were gone Kirkland returned to the PhD's, "So who is this "love" interest of Dan's?"

Dr. Lisa Mergence began, "Sir, the young woman of interest is a Ms. Samantha Harrison."

Kirk looked up unimpressed and shrugged his shoulders in question.

"Ms. Harrison is the daughter of Benjamin David Harrison." Kirkland wasn't sure if he had heard right and replied, "THE Benjamin David Harrison?"

"Yes Sir, Billionaire and longtime friend of President Trump. The one and the same sir."

danoctober
danoctober
382 Followers
12