Amelia & Andrew: The Diamond Legacy Ch. 01

Story Info
The aftermath of meeting Diamond.
9.3k words
4.68
26.8k
26

Part 1 of the 15 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 04/15/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
donalde
donalde
205 Followers

I had intended that Diamond be a one chapter stand alone story but after numerous request I relented and started a sequel this is the first chapter of it and I hope that I did the original story justice. I would like to thank Kalamazoo707 for all of her help with the medical parts of the story and for her editing this story.

Warning: This is the sequel to the Diamond Murders. If you haven't read that story, I would strongly suggest that you read it first. This is a work of fiction and all businesses, people and vampires exist only in my mind and on this paper. Any similarities to any person living, dead or vampire is purely coincidental.

Chapter 01: The Diamond Legacy

Andrew died en route to the hospital. Nothing that the paramedics did slowed the blood as it flowed from his body. An IV was started in each arm and fluids were pushed as fast as possible but they couldn't even begin to keep up with the loss of blood. He was dead before they could drive less than three miles to the hospital.

Amelia was alive but unconscious arriving to the hospital in grave condition. The lead trauma doctor, Dr. Walter Dressler ordered two cut lines to be started in addition to the two IV's already in place.

"I want two units of 'O' negative right now!" he shouted, "I also want a CBC, CMP and a PT/PTT stat! Give 40 mg of Protamine Sulfate pushed and then 60 mg per hour! Come on! Where's that blood?"

Dr. Dressler was frantic, he could see that nothing they did was stopping the flow of blood from Amelia's neck, he had a nurse at Amelia's head applying pressure to the wound but to no avail.

"Call down to the blood bank and tell them to have fifteen units ready and to send what they have now!" He called out and then to another nurse, "fifty mg of Vitamin K IV push now! And get the hematologist up here... I think its Sanger."

Dr. Dressler had just stepped out of the trauma bay to talk to Sanger when Amelia crashed. He and his team put up a valiant fight but nothing they did worked. After twenty minutes, he called her death. When he got the lab results, he was shocked to see that according to the PT/PTT Amelia's blood had lost the ability to clot. Out of curiosity, he ran another PT/PTT even though Amelia was dead. He was amazed that the results hadn't changed even with the Vitamin K, Protamine Sulfate and the blood that she had received. He requested and received permission to take blood and tissue samples from both her and Andrew's bodies before they were taken to the morgue.

Their autopsies would be performed first thing the next morning.

********

Amelia opened her eyes and wondered what in the hell was going on. The last thing that she remembered was being in the car with Andrew when the "officer needs assistance" call came through. After that, she couldn't remember. "Where was Andrew?" she wondered as she tried to move. It was then that she realized that she was naked and lying on a cold hard bed of some type and covered from the face down with a sheet. She moved her arms and hit the sides of a wall and then the ceiling.

She yanked the sheet off her face and tried to take stock of her surroundings. Even though it was pitch black, she found that she had no problems with her vision and what she saw horrified her. She was in a stainless steel box of some kind. She panicked and began kicking and hitting at the metal walls around her. One of her biggest fears was of being trapped in a small place.

Finally, the door opened and the bed was pulled out of the small space. She looked up to see Andrew looking down at her with a smile on his face.

"Come on, I'll help you up." he said.

He held out his hand, helped her into a sitting position, and kept a hand on her back to steady her, as she felt inexplicably weak. When the room stopped spinning, she looked at Andrew once again realizing how handsome he was but without the clothes, she had to admit that he was the best-looking man that she had ever seen.

"I was disorientated and weak too." he said, "but it should pass quickly. In case you're wondering, we're vampires and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and what that means for us. I now understand how that woman managed not to be seen. It seems that we can control people to some degree with our minds, that's how I got the guy who released me to leave and not to come back."

Amelia looked at Andrew as if he had two heads.

"What the hell? What kind of game are you playing here? There are no such things as vampires and where are my clothes?" she asked looking around. "You'd better hope that I don't file sexual harassment charges against you!"

Andrew laughed, "I'm not playing games but we do have a few obstacles to overcome, the first and most obvious being clothes. The second thing is food, I don't know about you but I'm starving and I know that we're going to need blood in order to survive. It took me about an hour to remember what happened and it's around two am now. We need to find a place to go before sunrise so what do you say? Shall we get the hell out of here and find some food and clothes?"

Seeing Andrew's face change and his fangs extend jarred her memory a little. She recalled seeing the strange woman outside of the school and she looked as Andrew did now. She began to piece things together as she remembered the fight with the woman and being bitten on the he neck.

"T...t... this I...I f...f...f...r...r...real?" she stammered.

"Would you believe your toe tag?" Andrew asked.

Amelia's went wide in shock as she looked down at her feet. Somehow, that little tag made everything seem real. How could something so little have such a profound affect in her? Her thoughts went to her mother, she had just lost her husband, Amelia's father eight months ago. She would be devastated to think that her daughter was dead and what about her baby sister?

"How long have you been up?" Amelia asked.

"A few hours." Andrew replied, "It took a while for the memories to return plus I seem to know a lot of things like how to charm someone and how to incapacitate my victims and this..."

Andrew concentrated and after a few minutes began to fade away.

"How did you do that?" Amelia asked shocked.

He reappeared behind her and replied, "It's easy. Close your eyes and concentrate on being invisible."

Amelia closed her eyes and tried for several minutes managing to make herself translucent but not invisible. She finally became frustrated and gave up, "I can't seem to do that." she said.

Andrew however was impressed with what she could do.

"How did you do that?" he asked.

"Do what?" Amelia asked confused.

"You became translucent like a ghost, it was so cool!" Andrew replied.

"I pictured myself as a pane of glass, how do you do the invisibility thing?" she asked.

Andrew imagined himself as a pane of glass and became translucent before responding.

"I imagined myself as not being able to be seen like that guy in the movie 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'."

Amelia closed her eyes and envisioned being like the invisible man. After a few seconds, she vanished.

"I did it!" she squealed excitedly and hugged Andrew.

As soon as she hugged him, he vanished.

"Now we know how she got the bodies out of the hotel unseen." Andrew said, "But as fun as this is, we need to get going, there's a clothing store down the street; let's head there."

Andrew took Amelia's hand and they both became invisible. They walked out of the morgue and headed toward the clothing store. Even in their weakened condition, they found it easy to force open the doors of "J. Brown's Fine Clothiers' an upscale clothing store.

They were both surprised at their strength when the door came off its hinges with what they thought was a gentle tug. They both laughed at their faux pas as Andrew set the door aside and then valiantly bowed as he gestured for Amelia to lead the way.

Amelia playfully fanned herself with her hand giggling as she proclaimed, "My you are such a gentleman my handsome knight."

Andrew chuckled, "We'd better hurry, I think that it would be wise to be out of here before the police arrived."

"How are we going to pay for this stuff?" Amelia asked.

"I seem to have left my wallet in my pants!" Andrew playfully remarked as he patted himself down. Seeing Amelia's reaction, he became more serious, "we'll send him a money order once we have access to money unless you happen to have some hidden somewhere on your person?"

Amelia wasn't happy; she had never stolen anything in her life unless the fries she would steal from her sister counted. Andrew was right she realized but then she had an idea.

"How about we get my mother to pay the bill and we could pay her back?"

Andrew knew that she wasn't going to like his answer but he plowed ahead.

"Amelia, we can't contact our families. As far as they know, we're dead and it needs to stay that way at least for now."

"Why?" she asked angrily not seeing the issue.

Andrew looked away. He didn't like it anymore than she did. He didn't get to see his son Jake very often as it was and now, he would never see him again.

"If we go to our families several things could happen with the first thing being we could and probably would kill them." he paused to let this sink in before continuing, "and secondly, what do you think the government would do if they found us alive? May I suggest that we get some clothes and get out of here? The police will be here soon."

Amelia nodded and began to assemble an outfit consisting of a pair of black slacks, a white peasant top, a pair of comfortable shoes with a low heel and a leather jacket. A purse that matched her outfit completed her outfit. She looked over at Andrew to see how he had fared.

She gave a whistle of approval at the pair of tan khakis, black pullover shirt, and a leather jacket and pair of black loafers that completed the outfit.

"Looking good!" she said appreciatively, "how do I look?"

"You look as sexy as hell." Andrew replied as his eyes took in her appearance.

Just then, two police cruisers pulled up out front of the store. The two of them instantly vanished. Andrew wondered how Amelia was going to be able to see him and began to reappear.

"What are you doing?" she asked, "They'll see you!"

The two officers startled turned to see where the voice had come from. The store appeared to be empty as they looked around.

"Walt, did you hear that?"

"Yes, I heard it," Walt replied in a deep Jamaican accent, "but where did it come from?" he asked his partner.

"It sounded like it came from right here." Walt's partner replied.

While the officers continued to search, Amelia walked over to Andrew. Once she was standing in front of him, she leaned into him and whispered, "I'm sorry but I thought that you were visible to them. How did you make yourself visible to me but not to them?" she asked.

Andrew shrugged, "I just wanted you to see me, let's get out of here."

Amelia grabbed Andrew's hand and gestured for him to take the lead. Hand in hand, the two of them walked out into the night. Andrew was trying to find a place to shelter them from the sun, from everything that he knew and heard about vampires, the sun was dangerous to them and would burn them until they were nothing but ash. He couldn't imagine dying that way; he imagined it to be the most painful way to die.

"I know that you're trying to take care of us and I hate to add any more to your burden but I'm starving." Amelia said, "Do you think we could get something to eat? I would love a burger."

He was hungry too but knew that the only thing that would satisfy the hunger was human blood. He wondered why Amelia didn't realize this. He now had to come to grips with the fact that they would have to hunt and kill humans in order to survive. He was a realist and knew that it was either that or they starved to death. He made the decision to avoid people with families and children but he would do whatever it took to keep the two of them alive.

He wondered why he was so concerned about her; he really didn't know her that well but with her deep brown eyes and skin the color of rich chocolate, she was beautiful. A few minutes later, he had figured out the food and shelter issue, they would go to the hospital, steal some blood from the blood bank, and then go to his house. His ex-wife wouldn't arrive for a few days and it would give him and Amelia some time to plan their next move.

Andrew took a few minutes to reflect on his relationship with his ex wife. They had been high school sweethearts and became engaged their senior year. They married the year after he graduated from the academy. The only thing that he ever wanted to be was a cop but Shannon was miserable and worried constantly. The worry only increased when she found out that she was pregnant.

Their problems came to a head on the night that Andrew had been injured in a car accident while on patrol. A kid ran a red light and rammed into his patrol car. While Andrew only suffered a mild concussion and a dislocated shoulder, in Shannon's mind he almost died. As he recovered, she hovered over him, by the night he was supposed to return to work, she was a nervous wreck. After three weeks, she couldn't take anymore and moved out taking their son Jake with her.

They tried counseling and reconciliation several times but it never lasted for long. Every attempted reconciliation destroyed not only them but also Jake a little more each time so they decided to permanently part ways. By the time the divorce was finalized, Jake was four years old.

Eight years ago, Shannon met and married her current husband Tony and Andrew found that he liked the man. He was genuinely happy for Shannon and Tony was good to Jake not attempting to replace him as his father. Three years after Tony and Shannon married; Tony got a good job offer from a west coast company. Instead of just moving, Shannon and Tony talked with Andrew before he accepted the job. They wanted him to understand that they would make sure that he would get to spend time with Jake.

They stayed in contact via skype and this summer Andrew was planning to go out west for three weeks to spend time with Jake. Tony was going to charter a boat so that all of them could spend the day fishing. It hurt Andrew that it wasn't going to happen but took comfort in the fact that Shannon and Jake had Tony to help them through his death.

He dragged himself from his thoughts as he quietly said his goodbyes to his ex wife and son. He finally turned to Amelia and explained the food situation to her.

"I have an idea on how to get us through the next day or so." he said. "I know that you're hungry but it isn't human food that we need, it won't quell our hunger." he paused before continuing, "we need blood and it has to be human which gives us two choices, we either feed from a human or we steal the blood from a blood bank. Afterwards we can go to my place to figure out our next move, my ex and my kid won't arrive for a day or two and by then we should be gone."

Revulsion was on Amelia's face as she thought about drinking blood, "Are you fucking kidding me?" she asked.

Andrew laughed before replying, "No dear, I most certainly am not kidding. We're vampires, which means that we need blood in order to survive, now which is it? Blood bank or person?"

Amelia's shoulders slumped and she began to cry, "This isn't fair! I don't want to be a vampire and how can you act as if this is nothing? We're fiends who have to kill others so that we can live! Just let me die, I don't want to have to kill in order top live!"

"Do you eat meat?" Andrew asked as he hugged her.

"Yes but that's different." Amelia replied sniffling, "meat comes from animals and how can we feed from people when we're human?" she asked.

Andrew sighed as he held her, offering comfort and making sure that she was still invisible.

"I'm not sure of what we are but we have to eat or we die and I refuse to let either of us die." Andrew said. "We'll get the blood from the blood bank, go to my house and then we'll sort this out.

Amelia held on to him until she was back under control.

"Okay, lead on." she said, "but this would be easier if we had a car. By the way, how is it that you seem to have the answers but I don't?"

Andrew shrugged, "maybe it's because I'm more accepting of the situation than you are. I'm not sure if that's the reason but we need to take advantage of any opportunity that we have, we have less than two hours before sunup. Come on; let's see if we can catch a cab, maybe I can make him forget us like I did the guy at the morgue."

Andrew looked around and saw a Wells Fargo Bank with an ATM machine in front of it. He was wishing that he could withdrawal some cash from it when suddenly the machine started spitting out cash. They rushed over and began picking up the money as fast as they could and by the time the machine stopped, they had a little over six-thousand dollars in cash.

"That was weird but lucky." Andrew said cheerfully as he stuffed the money in his pockets.

Amelia's elation quickly died as she looked at the money in her hands.

"As nice as this is, we have to return the money, it isn't ours and I don't want to be a thief."

Andrew blew out an exasperated breath. He wondered why she didn't understand that they had to forget their old values and do what they whatever they needed to do in order to survive. They had to have money in order to live and getting a job was out of the question for both of them.

He briefly thought about leaving her to her own devices but found that he couldn't bear the idea of leaving her.

"Amelia, listen to me." he said gently as he hugged her again. "We need the money and as soon as we are able we'll pay everyone that we took from back."

After releasing her from the hug, Andrew picked Amelia up, slung her over his shoulder, and took off. Time was definitely against them. As he ran, he wondered about how he was going to convince Amelia that she was going to have to adapt. He didn't want to lose her and she was becoming important to him in a way that he had as of yet been unable to put into words.

What he did know was that it was imperative that she accept and adapt to what they were. The problem was figuring out a way to get her to that point. He was moving at a breakneck speed through the city streets, the building little more than a blur as he instinctively avoided all obstacles.

When he came out of his reverie, he they were standing in front if St. Agnes' Hospital. To his amazement, it had taken him less than twenty minutes to get from the inner harbor to the hospital, something that only someone who was driving could accomplish.

*******

Amelia had been enjoying the comfort of Andrew holding her when suddenly she was tossed over his shoulder and he was running at a good speed and increasing it until everything they passed was a blur. He seemed to have no concept of how fast he was going and it scared the living shit out of her.

"Andrew!" she screamed, "Slow down, you're scaring me!"

Andrew seemed no to hear her as he kept up the breakneck pace just barely missing cars and buildings. She finally closed her eyes, held on and screamed until she felt him slow down and come to a stop. She slowly opened her eyes and read the sign above the doors, "welcome to St. Agnes' Hospital"

Andrew gently set Amelia on her feet and held her until she steadied before whispering to her.

"We have to stay invisible and keep quiet." he said, "We'll take the blood and get out of here as quickly as possible."

Amelia nodded her understanding and gestured for Andrew to take the lead.

Andrew took Amelia's hand and led her to the hospital's blood bank where there was only one person visible. Andrew compelled the woman who was sitting behind a desk to go into the bathroom and not to return until he said that it was safe for her to do so. The woman stood up and walked to the bathroom without giving it any thought as to what she was doing.

donalde
donalde
205 Followers