An Accident Thwarts Plans

Story Info
A straying wife waits in vain. Will her husband rescue her?
2.5k words
3.25
14.2k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Saturday morning, Ryan Walcott was going sea fishing with George and his mates. George had a boat on the coast and they all took off once a year for a weekend of fishing. At least his intention was to go fishing. He had driven about 4 miles and was at a standstill. He was stuck at the back of a queue of traffic that stretched off into the distance. He could not turn back; the centre of the road had a crash barrier here. He could not phone George, the road was in a cutting and a signal dead spot. It was 3 miles to the next junction; he would just have to wait.

He sat and quietly contemplated his situation. Anna, his wife, had been in a peculiar mood this morning. She had been having peculiar moods for on many mornings over the last few weeks. Actually, now he thought about it, it was longer than that. It had been months that she had had it on her. Ryan thought it strange.

They had been married for 9 years. They had two children, two girls, Grace aged 7 and Lily 5 years old. Both were at school. When Lily started school Anna had found herself a part time job at a small local supermarket. She worked in the office checking orders and staff hours and things like that, so she had told Ryan. She did a job share with another woman who Ryan had only met a couple of times. It was a small place where she worked. There were only the manager and assistant manager and a few shop and stock assistants. Ryan wondered if things were working out all right for her. She had never complained but it seemed plain to him that something was troubling her.

Ryan's musing was interrupted by the radio with an announcement that there had been an accident on the road and a lorry had lost its load. It would be some time before it could be cleared. He clicked the radio onto an easy listening station.

Now what was wrong with Anna? Neither was inexperienced when they first met. Both of them had been with other partners. It was not as if they did not know what to expect of being close to a lover. Both of them had had sex before, they knew what bedtime was for. Both had broken up with the ones they thought they would be with for ever.

Anna worked for two years after they were married. Sex was good then. Three or four times a week. Laughing and wrestling in bed together. Sweating and sticky they would shower off and start again. It was great in the first years. Then the girls came along. That was a happy time as well. Watching the little ones grow and become little people. Anna said that she needed to get out of the house and meet other adults. The pre-school group had fulfilled this for a few years. When the children began school Anna decided she would like a job. Just a part time job that would take her away from the home for a few hours each week. Ryan thought she found what she was sought at the supermarket.

He looked out of the windscreen. People were walking along the road past him. In the rear view mirror he saw an ice-cream van about 20 cars back. The man inside had opened up for sales. On the road, in the traffic jam, someone was selling ice cream. Nearly an hour sitting here and Ryan took another swallow out of his water bottle. He tried his mobile but still no phone signal. He would have liked to call Anna. Maybe he should not go fishing today and go back to her instead. Maybe he should spend the day with her and the girls. Wouldn't that be for the best? Talk to Anna and play with their daughters?

Anna and he had a good enough sex life, so he thought. It may have slowed down their first encounters but they were all right with each other. Although last Christmas Anna had had a drop too much to drink and flirted rather a lot with the men in the pub. He wondered now if more had happened than he had seen. Mind you, he had been enjoying the company of one of the neighbour's wives. But nothing other than a quick cuddle when he danced with her. Afterwards at home, in bed with Anna, their sex live had picked up again. Maybe she had been taken outside by one of those guys back then. He did not know.

The day was warmer now. Ryan finished off the bottle of water and opened another. The radio told him that the accident in front was being cleared. However there would be a further delay due to a fatality.

Anna worked two mornings and two evenings each week. She told Ryan she enjoyed it. He realised that with looking after the girls and late evenings she would often be worn out and just want to go to sleep as soon as she got home. She said the job was not demanding and she could buy what she needed at a discount price. Some mornings, after she had finished work, she stayed a few minutes longer and ate her lunch with her colleagues in the staff room. Occasionally in the evenings she had to stop behind until the shop assistants had clocked off. That meant she waited with the assistant manager while he locked up. It only took a few minutes extra. This did not create a problem but she came home a little later those evenings. It even allowed Ryan some time with his daughters.

He remembered she had told him about the assistant manager but Ryan could not remember his name. He was a graduate trainee and due for promotion. Ryan knew she got on well with him and he was good to her. He had allowed Anna time off if she needed it and got her bonuses for the extra effort she but in. If he moved he hoped the replacement would be as easy going with her. Actually Ryan had met this man a couple of times. He had been at the pub with them last Christmas. He was the one who held onto Anna keeping her upright when she got tipsy. Ryan had seen him at the supermarket as well. He drove a big 4x4, bright blue with a scroll of stars painted down the side. A very distinctive vehicle. Ryan would have liked one like that if he was younger and single. There was plenty of space in the back for getting it on with the lady of your choice.

Then again Anna had been unusually active this morning. She had rolled down the bed covers and roused him with a beautiful blow job. It was not often she had done that. She leapt across him and straddled his erection. Dropping her pussy onto it rode him cowgirl. Ryan had kept his eyes wide open admiring in bouncing tits and flexing thighs in front of him. This was the best wakeup call for ages. He pushed up to an orgasm. He tried to grip Anna's waist but she pulled his hands away. She swung off him knelt down. Then she grabbed his slippery cock and finished him with a hand job. Great, but not quite what was expected at that moment. She had not let him come inside her.

"That's it for you. You'll get no more from me. Off you go." It was strange thing for Anna to say.

'What was all that about,' he thought. Ryan stumbled into the en-suite shower. She went to the bathroom across the landing. Both dressed and started breakfast.

The traffic moved forward. Ryan took another swallow of water. It was a hot morning and he was over two hours late. He took out his phone and rang George. This time the call went through.

"Hi, George, it's Ryan. Have you seen the accident? Look I'm stuck in the long queue. Have you left yet?"

"Hi mate. Yes we saw what had happened and set off an hour ago. Follow us down when you're going again."

"OK, George. See you later."

The road been cleared. Now the traffic moved along quickly and past the accident. A tipper from the quarry with 30 tons of loose stones on the eastbound side had hit a car. The car was heading west and had crossed the centre of the road coming off the roundabout before going under the tipper's wheels. It was crushed and Ryan was sure the driver could not have got out. Ryan recognised the car; he had seen it at his wife's work. It belonged to the assistant manager at the supermarket. He decided to go home at see the Anna before going to the coast.

Almost three hours after leaving home Ryan arrived back. He ran straight to the bathroom. His bladder could hold no more. Coming out of the bathroom, Ryan looked in their bedroom. There were two suitcases standing just inside the doorway. Opposite, in the children's room there were two more cases and two boxes of toys and books. Ryan went slowly down to the lounge.

"Where are you going, Anna?"

"Why did you come back, Ryan?" She did not answer his question. "You weren't supposed to come back today."

"What's going on? What are the cases for? Tell me Anna." Ryan asked again.

"We're leaving you Ryan. We've got to go. We've got to get away from here. I have found someone better for me and the girls." Anna stated it simply and without emotion. She sat looking out of the window apparently distracted from Ryan.

The 'we' in her conversation worried Ryan. "What do you mean, 'someone better'? Where are you going? Why didn't you tell me if something was wrong? You didn't even hint that anything was wrong."

"I've left you a letter. It's in the envelope on the kitchen work top." She gestured towards the kitchen.

The girls sat on the sofa watching the TV, oblivious to the drama taking place behind them. A news report started.

"I have been unhappy for months. You never noticed did you? You never asked me if everything was all right, did you? It's not me that's got it wrong, Ryan, it's you. Don't you see that?" Anna had swung any blame onto Ryan.

"Anna, look, we can't do this. We have to look after the girls. You can't just go away." Ryan could see that Anna had a major problem.

"Mark and I are taking the girls with us. He has a promotion and we are going to live with him."

Mark. Mark, that's the name of the assistant manager from the supermarket. He is the one with the 4x4. Mark was the guy at the pub last Christmas. Ryan caught on now; Anna was having an affair with Mark. Oh shit. That's what's been on her mind these last weeks. She's been fucking him.

"Well where are you going?" Ryan pressed her for an answer.

"I'm not telling you. You'll just follow and try to break us up." Anna walked round the room and kept looking out the window.

The TV news went to a helicopter shot of the traffic jam Ryan had come from. The camera swept across the crash site and Ryan saw Mark's distinctive blue 4x4 crushed under the weight of the stones. "The driver was fatally injured and died at the scene," the reporter blandly read out.

"Look mummy," Little Lily shouted, "Secret Uncle's car."

Anna looked out of the window, searching for Mark's car.

'Secret Uncle,' Ryan understood. His daughters had a name for the man they had been told not to talk about.

"Shush, Lily, you are not supposed to tell daddy." Grace whispered. Ryan heard her anyway.

Ryan looked again at the TV. It had moved on.

"Mark's not coming for you Anna." Ryan took hold of her hand. She snatched it away.

"Yes, he will be." She snapped at him. "He's not said he won't be. He's not phoned or anything." She paused. "I didn't say I was waiting for Mark. Besides, he won't go without me. I am going to have his baby."

Ryan was thunderstruck. Was she really pregnant with Mark's baby? He did not think so but she ought to know. This made breaking up or staying together an impossible decision. If she was, what should he do? He knew about the accident, she did not, yet.

"Anna. Come into the kitchen with me. Come on, we must talk away from the children. Let me read this letter." She followed, he did not think she would, but she did.

Ryan did not bother with the letter. He knew she was going to collapse in the next few minutes and did not want the girls to see her.

"Have you told you mother you are leaving me?"

"No. I don't need her permission." Anna rebuffed him.

"Please phone her now and ask her to come over straight away. I have something to tell you that will affect you." Ryan tried to be calm.

"No. I'm not."

"Then I am." Ryan took his phone and pressed to quick dial button. Anna tried to stop him and grabbed at the phone. Ryan stepped out of the back door. Anna returned to the lounge and sat with the girls looking out of the window. She was still expecting Mark. Ryan spoke to Anna's mother, explained what was happening and asked her and Anna's father to drive over straight away.

Ryan picked up the letter and read it. It seemed to be incoherent rubbish. It did not matter now anyway. He sat for ten minutes. He heard the news begin again on the TV and walked into the lounge. This time he caught hold of Anna before she could move away. They listened to the report together. Anna's expression turned from disbelief to shock and to horror as she realised what had happened. Ryan dragged her into the kitchen away from the girls and pulled her to his chest.

"I'm sorry, my love. You aren't going anywhere today." He held her tightly as she broke down in tears.

Ryan heard a car outside. Her mother, followed by her father came in through the back door. "Take the kids out of the room please." They ushered the two children outside into the garden. Her mother returned and waited for Ryan to explain.

Ryan picked Anna up and carried her to the sofa. "We'll have to get through this together, like we always do." He spoke in her ear. She nodded and looked around not quite comprehending what was happening. He then kissed her lips and hugged her. "I'm here for you and the girls; never forget that, sweetheart."

The next week Anna gave up her job. She was not pregnant; she only said she was for effect. It took months for them to get back to an acceptable family life. Ryan was determined that their daughters would grow up in within his family and Anna was an essential part of his family. There had to be counselling for both and psychiatric reports for her. Ryan and Anna stayed together but, of course, the trust was broken and lost love never regained. They could never again be the same as they had been before the traffic jam.