An Apocalypse Rising Ch. 02

Story Info
A group of warriors try to stop an evil sorceress.
9.8k words
4.86
22.8k
10

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note:

I have gotten more than a few feedback requests here and there that boil down to, "More Cassea." I'm happy to get the specific feedback as it means that people are actually reading these longer tales and I thank you for that. Anyway, after some due consideration, I figured out where she could and should be. For those that asked for her, I hope it suitably scratches the itch.

*****

Deres looked down at the young girl's leg, seeing it as the mess that it was. The cut itself hadn't been such a terrible thing, only about three inches long where calf met ankle, but now it was far more serious. The area around it was red and hot to the touch, and, also, swollen around the cut so that it appeared now more like a large boil that had burst. If the red spider veins around it hadn't screamed infection, the weeping pus and the smell certainly did.

A young woman with her mother's doe eyes she looked at him look at the wound while her mother, looked on with barely disguised fear. "She cut herself on some loose metal when we were setting up our needlework displays. I used the usual poultices, but she just...keeps getting worse."

He kept his tone casual. "I'm actually surprised that she's not running a fever yet." Inside though, he was truly surprised that she was still ambulatory at all at this point. The girl had a strong constitution indeed, though that wasn't uncommon from those that lived in the poorest parts of the city. It could be unforgiving and not a place for the weak. Had he not learned to trust his instincts and make his own way in his younger days, it surely would have swallowed him whole in one despicable way or another.

But now, as a healer of some renown in the city of Erette, he worked to use his gifts to make life better for those left behind. "Not to worry though, he said, giving the young Edina a reassuring smile, "it's not too bad that a bit of magic can't fix it."

He looked to Cassea whose big, blue eyes watched placidly. "We should have some actual crutches for this young lady around somewhere, don't you think?"

"We do," she said. As a matter of course, she could rattle off every bit of inventory there. It wasn't all that much different from running a House in that regard.

"Because...I won't be able to walk after you fix it?"

Edina's eyes widened, looking to her and to him. Her mother looked even more frightened at the prospect."Goddess, say it isn't so. I tried..."

"It's not so," he said firmly before his eyes met Edina's to explain. "It's because the magic will continue working inside you after you leave here, mending what's broken and killing all trace of the infection. You'll be sore and it'll just be easier for you to get around for a couple of days with the crutches."

"He's quite skilled," Cassea told her with a sly smile, "despite appearances."

"She's so mean to me," he told Edina with a grin.

"We all have to be true to ourselves," she said almost melodically as she headed down the hall, which surprised Deres not at all. She liked the last word whenever she could have it.

It broke the tension the rest of the way and young Edina smiled.

"Now, young lady, do you want the scar or not?"

She shook her head firmly. "Not at all, if you can manage it."

The corner of his lip turned upward slyly. "I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't going to be up to you."

With that, he placed his hand a fraction of an inch above the wound. Even as he spoke he seemed to be concentrating on something else. "The magic will also deaden the pain as I work, but not right away. The bad news is that it is going to hurt like mad. The good news is that after a few seconds it's not going to hurt at all. Ready?"

She nodded quickly and in a reminder that the young woman wasn't so far departed from little girl, when her mother clutched her hand, she gripped it back just as tightly.

As soon as light appeared in the space between their flesh Edina screeched in pain, tears already erupting as she involuntarily worked to break her mother's fingers. In the space of half a dozen heartbeats though the pain was a memory and they watched the magic work and Edina watched with curiosity as Deres' face stressed and his eyes moved beneath his closed eyelids as though he were chasing something in a dream.

It wasn't so far from the truth though. Part of his mind focused on the state of the wound, eliminating the necrotic tissue and nudging along the natural mending process as the magic destroyed the pools of infection within the wound while his mind searched her body for any trace in blood, flesh and bone, giving the remnants of magic that would remain something to hunt. It was a living thing in some ways; an expression of instinct as much as will.

The magic he called upon would do his bidding at this point without his active direction, so he opened his eyes and pulled it back within himself as a conduit and back to its natural paths in the universe. Once the magic now within her followed his will it would simply fade away. As the visible link between them faded he already knew what he would find: clean skin, slightly red from the mending. "The redness will fade. Promise."

Edina grinned from ear to ear as she touched it tentatively. It felt a bit tender, but not painful. "Thank you, Healer."

"Deres is fine." Out of the corner of his eye, he spied Cassea at the doorway, crutches in hand. "There's the mean young lady." He looked to Edina as he spoke. "Tell you what, why don't you let Cassea show you how to use those while your mother and I talk, all right?"

She put both feet on the floor and winced as her healed leg protested the stress.

He reached out to help her. "All right?"

"Yes. Still kind of hurts like you said, but I can do it." She braced herself against the examination table and then took the strong arm Cassea offered and let herself be led out in the corridor.

When they were out of earshot her mother let out days worth of anxiety in three words. "Thank you, Healer."

"Deres is fine for you, too. I'm just glad you brought her in when you did. Another day or two might have been too late, but, she really will be all right."

She wanted to weep. "Since her father left she's all I have. You know, she really does talk of wanting to be a healer herself when she's older, but, to be honest, the magic scares me."

He tried to reassure her."It's just a tool. And, for the record, I think she'd make a fine Healer. If she still wants to when she's older, I think she'd make a wonderful apprentice. She's smart and unafraid."

"That one is fearless," her mother agreed, reaching into a deep pocket of her worn, dark, woolen skirt and pulled from it a small pouch. Untying it, she poured out a dozen gold coins into her hand before placing in his what was probably years worth of savings for them and all there was. "Take it. Take it all. If it's not enough, you can have whatever else is mine, too."

He shook his head, placing his other hand over hers before pulling them away. "Not all. There's no honor in overcharging for services. I don't fleece my patients." He took a single coin and gave her back the rest.

She shook her head. "It's not...not nearly enough." She swallowed hard. "I couldn't get a Healer in the upper quarters to even see her for less than three, much less make her well. I..."

"They charge what they charge and I charge what I do, and if you were in my offices in the upper quarter three is what it would be to start because you could afford it. Here and now, it's one gold and that's it."

She embraced him warmly, doing her best to crush ribs. "Thank you. Thank you so much."

"You are both welcome." He rode out the grateful vise and followed her out to the waiting room as Cassea kept a guiding hand on Edina's front and back to be there for a quick catch that already seemed unnecessary. "Excellent, Edina," Cassea praised. "You have a warrior's balance there."

"I'd rather be a healer," she said determinedly as she tested to see how much speed she could make on three legs.

"Careful, now," Cassea admonished gently.

"Just make sure you find a nicer assistant," Deres told her as he came in behind mother and daughter while they made their way to the door.

Cassea glanced in his direction. "If you would be less, well...you, you might find me a more amenable assistant."

"Promise?"

"Try, she dared, "see what happens."

With Edina and her mother heading home, they began to lock up for the day with Deres doing what cleaning needed to be done while Cassea updated patient records and handed some of the other clerical minutia that came with running a place such as this. There seemed to be no end to it, though Deres had to admit she made it all seem effortless. She was indispensable here and, beyond that, he cared for her a great deal.

That he was responsible for her in many ways didn't make or break those feelings. It simply was, and his feelings were separate from that. She was beautiful, energetic, acid-tongued and in some ways would never be tamed. That she had handed him the collar in the form of a heavy necklace of braided gold and silver and begged him to use it was monumental for a woman like her.

Now though, he noted as he cleaned Edina's exam room and thought of her, in a sense, to know her really was to love her. Love her he did. Beneath that acid tongue and boundless attitude was a bright, witty soul with a gentle heart, though she was loathe to display that often or to many.

So focused on thoughts of her was he that he failed to notice her at the doorway as she watched him scrubbing down the walls. She stood in a black dress with silver buttons down the center before it flared into a long skirt. She always dressed down a bit, finding a balance in clothing that would fit both here and in the upper quarters without disrespecting her station, her family's, or that of House Jaye; the House she was now irrevocably tied to.

As her former employer's House fell, other Houses rose in prominence, with House Jaye rising higher still. Her own family had been briefly terrified as House Voss was seemingly left adrift in response to Tonn Vesik's 'insanity' that led to the sudden and complete dissolution of his House, but Cassea had transitioned so quickly and seamlessly into House Jaye that her parents simply assumed that she saw the cataclysm coming and had positioned herself, and by extension, her House supremely well. Her mother only half-jokingly wondered if it was Deres or Neral that she had started sleeping with first in preparation.

Deres only really cared about appearances at the most official of functions, and those to which Neral's mother had specifically invited him, but he had taken Tessa's and Cassea's aid in those elements very well. He is at least trainable, which makes him superior to most men. He still had no use for the politicking of the House, and, in all fairness, neither did General Jaye, so Cassea had taken that task as her own and no one complained.

She kept House Jaye in the better if not good graces of the other Houses, though, to be honest, she admitted that the fact that Neral and Queen Evaline would likely die as sisters in bond if not blood was all the connection that would ever be required. That every other House knew that made her job in the political realm that much easier.

Cassea watched him in that brown shirt that was one of the extras there, as what he would come in with occasionally ended up soiled, and those dark trousers as he scrubbed the walls. He is a good man...for rabble. He gave of himself to others to a fault. He gave all he had and then somehow found more when needed. For him, family and the love they shared was all that mattered.

And he loved her.

That seemed a bigger mystery to Cassea in some ways than anything else. She was his. Bound to, claimed by, and owned by until one of them passed to the next world. He could treat her as a slave and she would endure it if not adore it. He could use her as an outlet for any dark depravity that he found his precious Neral and Bryana too pure for and she would do it and be the person he needed to be that could without complaint.

Instead, he wanted to know her. He treated her as her own person. He asked her what she thought about things and it mattered. She could even browbeat him into doing what was best for him from time to time. He treated her like he didn't own her body and soul. In the deepest part of that soul, she admitted that she doubted she would treat a person she so owned so well. When he promised her he would treat her well she didn't expect that that meant he would treat her as the person she'd always been.

Whether she loved the man alone or that she simply loved her master because she had to, she didn't know. It didn't matter. She liked that feeling of enthrallment almost more than anything. She rapped her knuckles on the door frame. "All settled for the day."

He didn't look at her, but she heard the happy in his voice. "I saw you with Edina."

"Your eyes function? Wonderful. Your patients will be pleased."

He paid the comment no mind. "You like it here. You like the work. I see how you worry about the people here in ways that you don't when we work the upper quarter."

"I am human, Deres. I have sympathy for those who are ill or injured through no fault of their own as with young ones like Edina. She didn't ask for an infection that would kill her. Some foolish southie adolescent racing horses with a belly full of ale? He can suffer the pain of his foolishness. Some noble that cannot get his belly through the door and snorts like a pig about his life of ale and a forest's worth of fatty animals and wants it all fixed? I care not at all. That you can speak sympathetically to both galls me."

"We all have our failings," he mused.

"We do." She slowly began to unbutton her dress. "One of mine is that I am constantly, hopelessly in want of you. The Goddess's saving grace in that is that it's entirely your fault."

He turned to see her undressing as she came towards him, eyes locking on the cleavage provided by those pert, firm breasts." He spoke as he put the sponge in the pail and dried his hands, letting the towel fall to the floor. "Terrible to be so in want of a southie cock, isn't it?"

"You have no idea." She unbuttoned his shirt slowly, revealing that muscled body, kissing just above each where each button rested. As she spoke, her voice cracked as she made love to each descriptive. "That long...thick...filthy...animal thing inside me."

"Inside such a cultured, well-bred young woman," he breathed lustily, kissing her neck and biting the flesh his lips had touched, making the nicest little high-pitched sounds come from her.

"How you disgust me," she snarled, ripping at his trousers even as she bit him in return. "How being your...mmmm...slavetoy disgusts me. How looking upon you with want and love while my cunt dampens at the thought of your next touch disgusts me."

"I told you before that I will take that away anytime you wish. You wanted the slavery, Cassea. You wanted the owning. You begged for it." Her dress piling on the floor he grabbed that almost inhumanly firm ass. "But I can take take away the loathing as you please."

She kissed his lips over and over as she grabbed his cock with a whispered, "There's that vile thing I need." She began to tug it in pleasurably rough fashion as she spoke more loudly with a disdainful huff. "Even your offers of mercy disgust me, Deres. Because you fucking mean them and I know you fucking mean them, and it twists the knife inside me that my answer is, 'Don't you dare.' My disgust and ache for one so beneath me soaks me beyond words."

"You like knowing you are lowering yourself to fuck me. Without that necklace you begged me for you'd never go get the guttersnipe cock you like so much."

She stroked him faster. "Only this one. Because...mmmmm...Goddess, I am its slave. It's so hard," she gasped. "It needs...servicing."

"It does. I do." He sucked a nipple into her mouth and she quivered.

"Then say it," she snapped before her voice wavered. "Please."

"Service me," he commanded.

She hissed through her teeth. "Goddess, yes," as she slipped to her knees, kissing down his hard belly to that proud thing, giving it reverent licks and inhaling its scent. "I dream of this scent, do you know that? Is that my collar, too?"

"Noooo," he moaned, "that's just you being a slut."

"Your slut. Your fault, all of it."

He grabbed that midnight black hair that was almost always in layered in soft curls. "Suck it, Cassea."

She whined and took it deeply into her mouth. She wasn't suited for taking it deeply. Beyond the halfway point her jaw and throat protested, but she always pressed on. She choked herself on it because she relished the evidence of her depravity that was gagging a river of saliva onto her lips, her chin, and his cock. She relished how, if she pushed herself long enough and hard enough, her eyes would tear and her nose would run and she knew she looked like the filthy beast she felt like. She relished it because it pleased them both.

He pushed her head down with zeal and she shook. "Do better, Cassea. Neral can take it all. Bryana can take it all. Bryana showed her how. Should I have one of them show you how?"

She growled from deep in her belly as she cupped his balls gently, rolling them in her palm as she pushed herself to take more before coughing it out, all the while looking up at him as she began the rough stroking again.

"Yes, you love-hate that, too...that those two can do anything better than you can. And they aren't even my slaves."

Her lip curled even as she closed her eyes to feel the filthy truth. "I like that word. I like that word because it's fucking true. This necklace is my collar and I feel it even if I don't wear it. I feel owned all the time because I am owned and that makes me wet enough for ten whores just walking down the street."

"And that's what you begged me for."

"I could bite this thing, you know," she purred, closing her teeth along the side just enough.

"Bite it," he dared. "Or kiss me and tell me you love me."

Her brows knotted before she huffed at herself as much as him before rising and sliding her tongue into his mouth, turning and twisting her tongue with his. "I do love you, guttersnipe. I am spoiled for you."

"And I love you, you stuck up little bitch." He picked her up without effort and sat her on the table, beginning a slow, loving torment as his lips, tongue, and hands worked down her body and past her breasts before she stopped him. When he looked up in confusion, her smile was the one reserved for precious few. "No. Not that this time. I mean, every touch of your body to mine is bliss. If it pleases you to do, then do it for yourself."

He kissed her breastbone tenderly. "Then command me, Cassea Voss."

"Delicious irony, that." That rare smile faded only slightly and her tone took on that of a once House Mistress. "Do nothing but use me this time. Defile me. Disgust me with your words and that pauper cock. Make me walk home with you as though all is perfectly normal as my shame lingers unspoken the rest of the night."

"So you can rub yourself in the dark and remember."

"Yessss, you southie fuck that's unworthy to even look upon a feminine form such as mine, much less own it."

And it was a fine form, impossibly trim and fit. She had a warrior's body even though she'd never picked up a sword. "If that is your wish." His voice turned sinister with a hint of whimsy as his blue eyes met hers. "If you want to be plowed like a slave whore, get on the fucking floor."

She hissed at him but rushed to comply all the same, placing herself in the middle of the room on all fours as he rustled about behind her. "Head down, cheek on the floor, slave. And thank me for not making you kiss it."