An Elven Tale

Story Info
Back in the age of magick.
1.6k words
3.96
23k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Inside a tall tree, a little old man, whose beard, white as snow, touching his round belly, sat in a small wooden rocking chair. At either side of him on the floor sat two little children. A boy and a girl, with cheery smiles upon their faces. "Tell us a story Grandfather!" the little girl pleaded. "Yeah tell us a story!" The boy chimed up. The old man chuckled to himself, his dull grey twinkling. "Settle down young ones and I shall tell you a story, I think you will like."

The old man took a corncob pipe off a small end table and placed it in his mouth. He decided to light it with a candle that stood shining brightly on the end table, as the children settled down at his feet looking up expectantly, as he began his tale;

"This story dates back to my early years, when I was but a child. Back when the world was still new, before modern times came. Back in the age of magick.

The world was divided into oceans, forests, plains, Mountains, The underground, and the dead lands.. Lands so bad off nothing but swamp water and the dead could live there. I was born in the forest lands. My people lived high in the trees in little huts made from leaves. We were known as Llywen Elves. We were a prosperous bunch. Our jobs we simple, in return for all Gaia gave us, we harvested the fruits and vegetables of the land. Not all of us of course. That job was for the women and children. The men of our Tribe hunted, other were scouts who stood at the top of the trees with bows in their hands and quivers on their backs making sure none that did not belong in our home lands invaded. We lived our lives as peaceful as possible, though it was not always easy.

Our neighbors were the other forest dwellers. Unicorns kept our water pure and our weather clear and warm. Centaurs helped our scouts in keeping intruders out and with our hunting parties. the animals of the forests aided us with ways to reach other forests.

We were friends to the northern mountain dwellers as well. They were beings who looked like they had been put together. Their heads resembled that of a great bird, as did their wings, their bodies resembled that of a great feline, while their front paws were talons. They were known as Gryphons.

There were other Elven Tribes in the farther forests. I remember one day when I was at the peek of reaching my Scout Rites, the Llywen Elder came up to me and he said asked me to take an important message across the plains, over the southern mountains to the next forest where the Langly Elves dwelled. My eyes lit up, as never before had an underling been asked to travel such great distance for the Elder before. I eagerly agreed.

The Tribe Elder arranged my party for me. Since this was my first mission I was to be aided by a Pearl Unicorn, A Centaur scout, and word had been sent for a Gryphon to fly over head to alert us of any danger.

My mother gave out of our hut and down to the ground, joining all the other Tribesmen in my farewell. Tears like crystals shimmered in her eyes as she placed a small piece of amethyst around my neck. She had my carrier would be wearing the matching one. We all had smaller forest dwellers that allowed us to ride on them in those days. Most were of the fox family. They stayed with us all their lives.

I was led to the thicket, where the carriers were kept, by the head of the scouts. As I entered the thicket I heard him softly tell two of his scouts to follow behind to keep an eye on my party and I.

I quickly found my carrier a young female silver fox. She looked to the amethyst around my neck and gave a short nod of her head and she laid down for my climb onto her back. I had never been on the back of any carrier before, and as she stood up, ever so slowly, a giddy squeal left me. I took hold of a few strong tufts of her silvery mane and gave a nod to the head scout as my carrier led me out of the thicket.

As my party arrived and we moved to the end of the forest, cheers could be heard from all the Tribe, even the animals could be heard in the cheers and praise. This was to be a monumental event. No Elf had dared travel across the plains and mountains before, I was to be the first.

With a wave to my home, my party took off in a steady trot leaving the warmth and security of our home behind. I must admit I was frightened out of my wits. I had never been out of the trees before, let alone the entire forest. But I did not led on I was scared. You see, if the leader is frightened, the rest of the party will pick up on those fears and then they would be easy targets.

It took two days to reach the plains, the only problem we encountered there were a few insects. It was when we reached the southern mountains, a fortnight later, that trouble began.

A loud screech sounded. Our signal from the Gryphon for us to hide, but in the mountains there was nowhere for a forest dweller to take cover. We were open prey. Our enemy was a large jade dragon. And boy did it look mad. It swooped down low trying to pick me off the carrier's back. The centaur wasted no time cocking an arrow into his bow and shooting it at the dragon. The arrow bounced off the dragon's hard scale like exterior without a scratch.

My carrier was in a run now, running from side to side. I was barely able to hold on as the dragon swooped down and grabbed my carrier off the ground. I tumbled to the rocky earth and watched in horror as the dragon hovered two feet off the ground with my carrier in it's massive talons.

The unicorn was not a stupid beast, and though most of her kind were timid, she knew when to fight back. Without hesitation, the unicorn took the opportunity and lowered her pearl white head. Her golden horn shone off the late sun light as she charged at the dragon, leaping into the air as her horn embedding deeply into the dragon's soft underbelly.

The dragon's talons released my carrier as it crashed back down onto the mountain. Unfortunately it landed right on top of that brave unicorn.

The dragon dead, we made our camp for the night, and mourned the loss of one of our party. Her herd would be proud of her great feat when they learned how she had slain that dragon.

We had no other delays in our journey and arrived safely in the forest of the Langly Elves. We arrived filthy and tired in that place. My carrier seemed to be on her last legs, as she had caught an illness in the mountains due to bad water.

The Langly Elder was very impressed with my tribe's feat as I handed the Langly Elder the message which had been a union of the two tribes. He nodded and agreed that it was time the two tribes came together as one family. The Langly Elder gave us board for one moon cycle. Enough time for me to choose the female that would travel back with us to the Llywen Forest. The Elder had decided since I had made the journey, the rite should be mine.

On the last night of our stay in the Langly Forest, I approached the Langly Elder and told him I had a female in mind. A female of such great beauty, none would be better suited to return to my home. I had been watching her since we had arrived. She was the Elder's youngest daughter, though at the time I did not know this. He smiled to me and called his daughter in. I blinked a few times as I heard her address the Elder as "Father". He asked her if she would like to return to my home with me. I noticed her rosy cheeks grow even rosier as she nodded bashfully and admitted she had been hoping I would choose her.

The next morn, the daughter said her goodbyes and promised to come see them when they opportunity arise. I assured the Langly Elder I would bring her every moon cycle if my Elder allowed this journey to be taken again. I climbed on my now healthy carrier's back and helped the daughter on behind me, then with a wave we started off back toward home.

We returned to the Llywen Forest with no complications, a massive celebration was held in our honor. We had succeeded in fulfilling the request of the Llywen Elder. That was the day my life started anew... And I wouldn't change one second of it for anything in the world."

The old man took his pipe from his mouth and placed it on a small end table. "And that my young ones is the end of the story. Now it is time for bed" He smiled. "But what happened after that?" The little girl asked. "Was the Langly Elder's daughter Grandmother?" The little boy asked. With another smile on those old lips, the old man smiled again and said, "That is a story for another time..." Then he blew the candle light out.