An Evening at the Carnival with Mister Christian

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You know, when we recorded that one Jesus Christ was sitting in a corner of the studio. Paulie brought him, ya know. Strangest thing I ever saw." Then he put his guitar down and stood, looked out to sea -- as he began taking off his clothes. When he was finished, when he was ready, Lennon turned and faced Collins and Goodwin.

The skin on his torso and legs was a mottled, translucent blue now, smooth and free of genitalia, and he held out his hand to Goodwin.

"Ready?" Lennon said.

"Ready? For what?"

"A swim."

"No, not really," Goodwin said, but Collins helped him up, walked with him to the edge.

"Can I come too," Sumner asked...

...but Lennon shook his head. "Not this time, Mate." And when John had Goodwin in hand he leapt from the edge -- pulling Goodwin along...

Slicing into the sea, they arced deep, trailing a comet's tail of hope and desire. Goodwin was surprised the water was almost warm and oh so very clear, so he cleared his ears as he looked about...

...but he saw he was alone and a great despair slipped past his lips...then, when something caught his eye he swam for the bottom, found a piece of driftwood half-buried in sand. Short of breath now, he pulled it free, gasped when he recognized the image, the two scars under the eye, then he kicked for the surface, burst into air and breathed the sweetness. He settled in the water and saw Lennon by his side, waiting for him, a sly smile in his carefree face.

"Hey, boyo...I think you've got a ticket to ride," Lennon said as he looked up -- at Perelandra -- and for a moment Goodwin was half convinced the man had become a dolphin --

and then she was there, with them

Her face appeared next to Lennon's and he flew to her, put his arms around her and leaned his face against hers. He listened to her breathe, felt her heart beating against his and knew then that he loved this creature as much as he'd ever loved anyone -- and that he could not live without her, somehow, in his life. Then he saw another dolphin swimming in the distance -- much smaller, a little girl, perhaps -- and a moment later this one circled-in slowly, her eye on his -- as if seeking forgiveness.

Then they were swimming around him, slowly at first, then ever faster...and it came in a moment of transfiguration, in a split second of showering bliss. He woke in fields of strawberry dreams, drifted on seas of cellophane flowers yellow and green, and he smiled when he remembered Portofino, and her singing to the stars about tangerine trees and marmalade skies. He felt free as a bird as he swam between them, and he wondered what yesterday might bring, because tomorrow never knows.

-

© 31 October 2016 by Adrian Leverkühn | abw | this is of course a work of pure, unbridled imagination...fiction, in other words. Hope you enjoyed the evening...

  • COMMENTS
9 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Magical Mystery Tour!

That was dense, and intense, and exhausting, especially part IV, and sometimes I wished it was annotated. And it was a fabulous piece of artistry - a true magnum opus. Trying to keep up with all the allusions made it a real intellectual roller coaster.

I'm reminded of my first visit to the Louvre. There was so much great art that after a half day I was thoroughly exhausted, and realized the only way to visit was slowly, one room per day. Now that I've made it through "Carnival" once, I suspect that ensuing readings will enhance my appreciation of this wonderful fantasy.

Now off to read something light and frivolous while I catch my breath.

What a gift you have. Thank you for sharing.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
FYI

This piece went from the Literotica daily reading list to the stack of books by my bed. After reading Chabon's "Yiddish Policemen's Union" and before a reread of one of Tuchman's tomes, I've decided to tackle "Carnival". I'm very happy you're still posting on Literotica - such a treat to find the occasional pearl in the seabed. Many thanks. I will post my thoughts after I've completed reading.

teedeedubteedeedubover 7 years ago
Hmm

Take two of your best, mix in some 'Dark as Daylight', glue it together with some Castaneda, and voila, a masterpiece. What a great story. What an imagination. Thanks for sharing.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I don't have the words

Read this with an open mind

and heart

and be willing to take

"A closer look at some cherished assumptions."

The piece of string in the palm of my hand has me transiting layer upon layer

"I'm looking through you, / Where did you go? / I thought I knew you, / What did I know?…"

chip812chip812over 7 years ago
Holy smokes! What a ride!

If you can get over that first hill, you better hang on for a fantastical ride.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Home for Horny Monsters Ch. 001 Mike inherits an old house. There's a nymph in the tub!in NonHuman
That's What Friends Are For Justin's best friend Samantha will do anything for him. in First Time
The Promise Promises are meant to be kept.in Romance
Charity Begins Next Door Life isn't fair. So when you fight back, fight dirty.in Romance
Frolic Along a Dull Lane For better or for worse, the worse it might be…in Loving Wives
More Stories