An Imperfect Couple Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I realize that, and I believe that," she replied tenderly. Again, we looked into each others eyes for several seconds. I still wasn't sure what I saw, but I knew I liked it. She slowly withdrew her hand from mine to lift her wine glass to her lips. I noticed for the first time just how sexy her lips were as she sipped her wine. She saw me staring and smiled a question at me. I suddenly felt awkward, almost like a teenager again. And she made things even worse when she slid her hand back into mine as she finished her dinner.

"Sorry. I was just enjoying our first date, that is all." I grinned in response to her unasked question, holding up my hands in mock surrender and trying to sound less awkward than I felt. "So, how about we add some inches to our waistlines with one of their great desserts?"

"If you knew how many miles of jogging it takes to look like this, you would not suggest dessert unless you are a Sadist!" She sounded offended and even gruff, but her smile betrayed her.

"And if you knew how much I appreciated the results of all those miles, you just might want me to offer you desserts on a regular basis." I tried to sound as teasing as I could.

"So, we are back to what is under my dress, are we?" There was that teasing smile again. I was really enjoying that smile tonight. And I was loving the fact that she kept taking us back to what was under her dress. I decided to make a very risky comment.

"Listen, Rae, I love the banter we can enjoy together. But I don't want any weirdness here, or anything to get misconstrued. What we joke about does not change my comment about one night stands. I am committed to treating you honestly and honorably. Are we clear on that?" I looked deep into her eyes and searched for an answer, but saw none. "We can have fun with this, and I love how you have fun with this, but I will still sleep alone. Okay?" Rae looked like she was going to respond in a joking manner, but she suddenly looked at me in a serious manner.

"I realize that you are successfully resisting the urge to be a typical male pig, and I respect you for that. I really do." She smiled and reached over to stroke the back of my hand. "But your commitment to sleep alone tonight doesn't have to affect me, right?" There was just a hint of that sexual banter back in her eyes, even though she tried hard to conceal it.

"Rae, you do anything you want. Dance on the table if you want. Feel free to interview all the men in the restaurant if you want. If it makes you happy, then go after it. But remember, even dogs chase cars they can't drive." I paused, immediately thinking there was a more polished way of saying that. Still, I found it funny enough that I had to work at stifling my laughter. Rae paused for several seconds, and then burst out laughing.

"Where in the world did you find that?" She laughed some more, and tried to find an effective comeback to my comment. "I guess I should say something like, if I catch the right car it will come with its own driver." She grinned at that response, and I had to laugh.

"Hey, that was really quite good, Rae. I am impressed." And my grin almost challenged her to more replies, but we were interrupted by Jose returning to our table.

"May I tempt you with one of our wonderful desserts tonight?" He was all charm, and I could tell Rae was enjoying it. "Or are you perhaps going someplace for a little entertainment?" That got Rae's attention, so he continued. "St. Augustine has a wonderful winery just a couple miles from here, and on weekends it has live entertainment. The band playing there tonight is a local band but it is very good. I am sure you would enjoy it."

"You are sure the band is good?" I was chuckling as I asked the question. "Have you heard the band before?"

"Every Sunday afternoon. They practice in my garage. It is my son's group." Jose grinned without embarrassment.

"Well, then we need to go listen to him. Right, Rae?" I looked to her for a response, and she quickly nodded. "When does the band start?"

"I believe it is starting any minute now," Jose announced. I looked at my watch and was amazed that it was almost 9pm. Is it possible that I met Rae less than four hours ago? My silent question hit me like a two-by-four in the back of the head. It felt like days and not hours. A look of surprise must have crossed my face because Rae looked at me with a question in her eyes. I decided to not share my thoughts with her.

"Feel like some music?" My question was answered by Rae's excited nod.

"Do you know the way to the winery?" Jose's question was not necessary, but he produced a brochure about the winery from somewhere, and on the back there was a map.

"I have been there every time I come to St. Augustine. But thank you for the map." Rae stood up before I could get to her side of the table to pull out her chair. When she realized what I was going to do, she looked a little surprised, and even a little embarrassed.

"Mr. Antello, we want to thank you so much for the wonderful food. You are so generous." My thanks were echoed by more of Rachael's nodding.

"Please, call me Jose. And I expect to see the two of you again tomorrow. Assuming, of course, you don't enjoy too much wine tonight," he added with a knowing smile.

"Thank you, Jose. And I promise I won't get drunk tonight, no matter how much I love their wine. I am driving so I need to be careful." I almost cringed a little when I said this last part, remembering Rae's experience with her husband, but she didn't seem to react.

As we walked to the stairs to leave, I saw our server. I walked over to thank her for her service, and I sipped that same twenty into her hand. I wanted to make sure she was tipped even when the meal was free. She smiled in gratitude, and waved goodbye to Rachael.

As we walked down the stairs and out the front door, I took the opportunity to look into the bar area at all the people there. I wondered how many of them saw me break some bones earlier in the evening. Then I looked at Rachael. This will be an evening to remember, I remarked to myself while walking her to my car.

It took only a few minutes to drive to the winery, and the music had already begun as I parked the car. The winery building was a large four story cube with a flat roof. And it was on the roof where the music was playing. A wine bar with light snacks had been built on the flat roof, and the winery had live music every weekend that I had been to St. Augustine. And each time I had been here I was impressed with the band. Different for each of my visits, with a different style for each, but surprisingly good each time. So I was looking forward to enjoying it with Rachael tonight. Actually, I realized suddenly, I was REALLY looking forward to enjoying it with Rachael tonight.

Taking the elevator to the roof, I paused for a moment to appreciate my dinner date for the evening. The soft color of the turquoise dress would stand out anywhere we went, but the cleavage was sure to get more attention. Because I was substantially taller than her, I could look deep into her plunging neckline, and I loved what I saw. In addition, the light material of her dress would respond wonderfully to any breeze that might be crossing the roof tonight. Her hemline would move with the breeze and distract me from her neckline. Yes, this will be an interesting evening, I silently commented to myself.

12