An Older Man for Caitlin Pt. 01

Story Info
Arthur meets a young woman who knew him once.
8.2k words
4.62
34k
36

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/21/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fuzzyb2
fuzzyb2
509 Followers

Note to readers: This one builds a bit slow but rest assured that we will get there in good time. Enjoy!

*****

Usually described by the staff at the Iron Man Café as 'that older guy' who looked pretty good for his age, Arthur had indeed been a regular for many years. Of course, everyone who worked there recognized him; new employees were introduced with a suggestion to 'keep this one happy.' As with any good coffee shop, the regulars mostly all knew each other and the place had a certain "Cheers" TV show feeling where you were always welcome.

Almost every day, Arthur would drop in for his large café latté. He would read his book or a newspaper always keeping an eye on folks coming in and out. He liked it there.

Much as he thought of himself as 'the old man' truth be told, he was only in his mid-fifties, not so old at all. But compared to the staff, he was pretty much 'the old man.' Although he is no longer married, Arthur had split amicably and he was still friends with his ex-wife. She lived at the other end of the country so they rarely met in person. Email was their preferred means of contact, but they would Skype as well when the need arose.

Arthur, never Art, was still in good shape from running and hiking the wooded trails that passed by his house in the country. For someone my age, he thought, "I look pretty good." But it did not matter as he was not the dating type and besides, he was not ready to commit to another serious relationship and who would have him in that case?

The new girl showed up one day and soon enough became a steady customer at Iron Man. Arthur recognized her, he thought, but from where? It was about two weeks before the young woman finally returned his 'hello' with one of her own. She had been stand-offish but that was no skin off Arthur's nose; he had no interest in meeting someone new, much less one so young. But he was polite and over the next few weeks, he discovered that the girl had recently returned to his town after several years in Australia.

Still, he did not recognize her, nor did her name elicit any memory. Caitlin, it was, was working at a preschool. She loved the challenge and the dynamism of the kids under her care, and she talked about them all the time.

Arthur got to know Caitlin bit by bit until one day she sat across from him at his regular table and stared into his eyes, not blinking. Arthur was a bit thrown because she was not saying anything, not asking a question or going on about her work. This was odd to him. He stammered a little, saying "is there something in my teeth?" (Dope! He thought as he said it.)

"You don't remember me, do you?" she replied.

Arthur was flustered. Who could she be? It couldn't be a daughter he knew nothing about. But she'd been in Australia for at least four years. Who was she? Finally, he admitted as much, "I am so sorry but no, I don't remember you though I wish I could."

Caitlin remained coy but gave him a bit more information: "When I lived here I was dating a boy at the high school. He was the same year as I was so we graduated together. After grad his family encouraged him to reconnect with his estranged father; he was in Australia."

"Go on, this is interesting," encouraged Arthur, though still baffled that this girl knew him.

"Andy, that was his name," she continued, "moved to Australia to live with his father and to find work. After six months of hanging around here, I decided that is should visit Andy. I wasn't especially lonely, if you know what I mean, but Australia? With a place to stay! Why not?"

"How long did you stay there? Just a couple of weeks' vacation?" asked Arthur.

"I was there for almost a year," replied Caitlin.

"Andy must have been happy, then," said Arthur.

"Not exactly. He came back here about a week after I got to Australia..." she let the sentence fade.

Looking confused, Arthur was about to ask what happened when Caitlin added a little more. "To be honest, I found that Andy had not grown up at all in that six months. He was as much of a kid as when I was with him. And I did not find him especially interesting any more. Boring, actually.

Arthur asked the obvious: "But you stayed there for a year without your boyfriend?"

"Not exactly," she said again, following it up with, "I'm sorry Arthur but I have to head out to cover my shift at the preschool. Let's talk more later."

And that was it. She was out the door and Arthur was left with a bizarre story that did not make much sense. Caitlin, it turned out, was a delightful storyteller as he had just experienced.

It was more than a week before Arthur saw Caitlin again and, while the odd story she'd started was not keeping him up at night, he was certainly curious about the next chapter. He didn't want to appear pushy when he asked Caitlin if he could join her for their coffees.

"I've been looking forward to seeing you again," said Caitlin. She had a little smile in her eyes that only made him more fascinated with the young woman.

"Me, too," he said. "Where have you been... not that I am stalking you," he chided.

"I had to go to the city for a new training program for work. They opportunity came up when one of the other girls had to drop out because she was sick, so I stepped up."

"Good course?"

"Excellent, but boring if you don't work with preschoolers, I assure you."

The two friends sat quietly together. One was dying to ask about Australia, the other kept mysteriously quiet. But they were comfortable with each other so nothing more was said about the trip.

After a good few minutes, Caitlin asked Arthur, "do you remember me yet?"

He was embarrassed to admit that she was still a mystery. "I am so sorry, but please tell me," he smiled as he said it.

"No need," was her reply, "you will know soon enough."

This was ridiculous, but Arthur discounted the exchange as a young woman's playfulness and nothing more. There might be a hint that she was familiar, after all, he'd seen that from the very first time she walked into the café. 'Maybe I am getting older,' he thought.

Around the time Arthur was making signs that he was heading out, Caitlin decided he should hear the rest of her story: "Aren't you going to ask me about my time in Australia, Arthur?"

Caught unawares, Arthur hesitated before replying, "only if you want to tell me about it. I figured you'd changed your mind after our last chat."

"No, not at all. In fact, I have been looking forward to telling you more..." again she let the words slide off into nothing.

"Oh, okay. I'd love to hear it if you want me to."

Caitlin hesitated for more than a few seconds, appearing unsure about whether to proceed. Finally, she came to the decision and asked: "What I tell you may make me look bad a bit, and I don't want to be judged... I am grown up and can make decisions for myself."

Arthur was somewhat shocked at the statement, but even more intrigued so he prompted her to continue: "I think we've proven that we are friends and I hope you know I would not judge you... you didn't murder puppies or something, did you?" he added playfully.

"No. No puppies or kittens involved."

"Well go on, then," said Arthur.

"I had been in Australia for only a few days and could feel that something was different between Andy and I; it just wasn't the same somehow. I came to realized that everything we did was just the same as it had been in high school — Andy was the same boy who'd left me, and he hadn't changed at all. I saw that I had grown up quite a bit and the contrast made things uncomfortable."

"I can see how that would have happened, how it would have felt," said Arthur.

"Yea, but the difference was even more clear when I realized I was hanging out with Andy's dad more than my supposed boyfriend. Andrew Sr., that's his name, was so much more interesting, and so much more mature."

Curious, Arthur held off commenting, waiting for her to continue.

"Was that wrong?" she asked, putting him on the spot.

"I don't think so. Not if you did not have anything in common with Andy anymore. So why not hang out with his dad? Seems logical enough to me."

Arthur had no idea the ditch he was digging into, so he was surprised when Caitlin continued: "It was basically just a nice friendship... that is until Andy came home from his part-time job and found us naked in the pool."

"Oh. My..." Glib, Arthur was not at this moment.

"Exactly. But we could have explained it away except that Andrew, dad, was sporting a massive erection..."

Again with the silence, thought Arthur. "That happens sometimes, so no big deal, right?"

"Wrong. I was hanging on to it with both hands and Andy saw me jacking off his dad."

"Wow! I did not see that coming."

"Am I a terrible person, Arthur? Tell me the truth."

"Of course not — why would you think that?" Arthur sputtered in response. He was trying to buy time to avoid asking for the details, or worse, reacting to the imagery Caitlin was drawing for him. "Though I could understand Andy's reaction. Did he have any idea this might happen?"

"Andy did not see it coming, I am sure of that. Neither did I, but I just found Andrew such a great mesh for how I see the world; his maturity was refreshing after Andy's childish ways."

"How old is Andrew, then?" asked Arthur.

"He had his 45th birthday just before I got to Australia. He was complaining about feeling old... which is how this all started."

"What do you mean? He IS more than 25 years older than the two of you were, after all."

Caitlin stared back at Arthur, deep in thought: "I just like an older man. It's that simple. I don't know why, but it seems to excite me being around someone with life experience, one who knows how to treat a woman."

Andrew was starting to make connections in his own mind but fought them off. In no way was he attracted to this young woman, this 20-year-old girl. He couldn't be. That would never work out. Then again, was she even suggesting such a thing? "No way," he said out loud.

Caitlin looked back at him with a look for concern. "What do you mean, 'no way'? No way what?"

Arthur was sharper this time: "Oh, just an odd thought I had... nothing to do with this."

Caitlin carried on with the story: "Andy was disgusted and told me so in no uncertain way. He was even more pissed off with his dad. I understood that, but I found I did not care. He was adamant that it was unacceptable and if we didn't like it, he would go back to Canada 'now!'"

"And did he?"

"He took a cab to the airport that night and flew out in the morning. That's the last I saw of him."

"Quite the shakeup wasn't it?"

"True enough, but far more than I guessed."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Andrew turned out to be something of a possessive dick-wad once his son was gone. I saw signs almost right away that he was jealous. I happened to comment on a very hot surfer bod when we were at beach and he almost scolded me."

"That doesn't sound so healthy, does it?"

"I stayed with Andrew for almost two whole weeks after that, but nothing improved. He'd keep an eye on my comings and goings, asking where I had been and who I had been with. I got the message, as did he when I told him what I thought of his attempts to control me. He did not like it, but I am strong enough not to put up with that bullshit. I flew home and have been back since then."

"We're glad to have you back," replied Arthur, sincerely. This was an interesting young woman with healthy attitudes he thought. And she was fun to hang out with. He told her so: "I am really enjoying your company, Caitlin. Thanks for making time for me in your day."

Caitlin seemed surprised and even blushed a bit. "You're fun to hang out with as well, Arthur."

Arthur checked his watch and realized he was about to be late for an appointment with the chiropractor. He was very disappointed and told Caitlin as much, but he had to leave.

Saying goodbye, Caitlin prompted Arthur with: "see you next Tuesday at the usual time, okay?"

"It's a date."

- - -

Arthur was surprised at the level of his anticipation for the upcoming coffee 'date' with Caitlin. He was not considering it a date in any real sense, but was certainly looking forward to seeing the young woman again. The four days took forever to pass even as he kept busy with work and other activities.

Tuesday finally arrived and Arthur was half an hour early to the coffee shop. He had finished his first Americano and was just starting on his second when Caitlin walked in. He'd sat to watch the counter so he would know when she arrived. There was an unexpected benefit he had not anticipated. His location meant that he had a great view of the front counter. That gave him a vantage point perfect for seeing Caitlin in a new way: as a very fit young woman. That she had dressed very differently from her usual baggy tops and sloppy slacks made a real impression on him.

Arthur watched as Caitlin stood there in line waiting to order. She wore absolutely skin-tight leggings that caressed every curve of her legs and tight young buttocks. He could not see the front, but was already imagining the fit. The tights were a very deep, blood red and had strategically placed see-through panels at the hip and ankle that teased the eye.

Caitlin wore short ankle boots with what had to be a five-inch heel; it made her legs stretch perfectly, emphasizing her muscular thighs... 'God! Amazing thighs!' he thought. She was wearing a short leather jacket, brown with a distressed look that perfectly balanced the tights.

He was enjoying the view when Caitlin turned and looked right at him, seeing that he was staring. She just smiled and gave him a pert little wave, mouthing, "I'll be there in a minute."

Caitlin waited for her drink, leaning against a counter facing Arthur directly. When he decided she wouldn't see him look, he moved his eyes down to that magic triangle where her superb legs came together. He could see two fingers' of gap at the top of the triangle formed by her thighs, and he could make out a hint of fabric pulled tightly against her pubes. And of course, that was when Caitlin turned her head to catch him staring again. Ooops.

Nonetheless, Caitlin did nothing, said nothing and somehow made to walk to 'their' table more slowly than was really needed. Arthur thought for a moment: 'she wants me to stare... no way!' He averted his gaze to smile a welcome to his young friend who responded in kind. But what a body!

As she passed Arthur, she put a hand on his shoulder, sliding down his arm as she moved to the other side of the table. She pulled out a chair and sat down delicately, never breaking her look with Arthur. He was shaken by the whole process since she'd come into the restaurant, but he got his voice back in time. "You look absolutely smashing, Caitlin. Just gorgeous: is there a special event after coffee?"

"No, this IS the special event of my day, Arthur. I wanted to look good for our date. Do you like?

"Like? You're kidding. I think you look devastating."

"Wow. Really?"

'Did she not realize it... oh, she wanted more.'

"I have always thought you were attractive but I've never seen you so dolled up. It surprised me, especially since you mostly wear loose, comfortable clothing. You must find it constricting?

"Actually, Arthur, I am very comfortable wearing this. It's my go-to outfit when I need to impress someone."

"Oh? Have you got a date after our coffee, or going to the gym maybe?"

"You are so silly Arthur. If I didn't know better, I would think you are teasing me," replied the young woman. "I wanted to look good for you, this being our first sorta-date. Do you like it?"

This time, Arthur was flabbergasted. How could this beautiful 20-year-old woman possibly be interested in him? Or was it just a send-up? "I can't say I expected you to say that, Caitlin, and I sure don't understand why you would be trying to impress me."

"I know that we are friends now, right, but I have to tell you that I find you very attractive, Arthur. Didn't you notice the way I always pay attention to what you say and what you think?"

"Well, yes, but that's just being a good friend. Are you saying there is more to it? I really don't want to say or do something that would endanger your friendship."

Caitlin was full of confidence now: "I specifically wore this outfit so you would finally notice I am not just some little girl. I am a woman, Arthur, and I like it when a man looks at me like he recognizes that I am. In fact, it's about time you had a better look..."

As she said those words, Caitlin stood up in the coffee shop and very leisurely unzipped her leather jacket and let it fall off her shoulders, catching it with her elbows. She stood there for an interminable time, it felt, but likely for only five or 10 seconds. Arthur openly stared at her body, taking in every detail, hungrily. She wore a brilliant white skin-tight top that came only to the bottom of her ribs. Her skin glowed between the top and the waist of her tights.

Caitlin's medium-sized breasts, just a heavy handful really, were topped by her small but rigid nipples just demanding to be noticed. She was standing in such a way as to push her chest forward to emphasize her fabulous body, and her breasts in particular. The fabric pulled tightly against her ribs, emphasizing that she wore no bra — nor did she need one. He yoga pants were pulled tight but sat somewhat low on her hips, enough that Arthur could see the beginning of the triangle leading down to her pubic area.

By the time she sat back down, Arthur was breathing a little faster, something Caitlin noticed. "Should I be thanking you for a compliment? That heavy breathing is for me, right?"

'She was a vixen,' thought Arthur, then decided instead to tell her: "you are a total fox... I can't say I have seen a someone hotter in months. You really are beautiful," he added.

"Thank you, Arthur. I was hoping you would appreciate what I did to get ready for our date. I think it worked."

Arthur wondered if she had somehow figured out that he was building an erection as he stared at her. But no, the table blocked her view. Thankfully.

"I know you like the look, Arthur, but we need to talk."

That was when he realized he'd not heard a word Caitlin said, nor had he looked away yet. In his experience, the line 'we need to talk' was never followed by something good. Given their age difference, and his now-blatant staring at this young woman, he was worried what would come next. It also meant the end of his erection.

"You look shocked, Arthur. Like you've seen a ghost or something."

"No. Of course not. It's just that 'we need to talk' never means a good thing in my experience."

Caitlin looked relieved, and a bit amused, replying, "Oh no, Arthur. This is actually very good even if I am having difficulty getting to it."

Arthur opened his posture to show he was ready to hear her out, that it would be safe for her to share this mysterious information. "Tell me what you mean, my friend."

Caitlin composed herself for at least a full minute. Then she seemed to make a decision and started slowly with a question: Do you know that we have met before, Arthur, a number of years ago?"

This was completely foreign to him and while he'd thought she was familiar from the very first, he had finally given up trying to figure it out. "I thought you looked familiar when we first met, but nothing came to me to I assumed it was just age tricking me."

"Well, we did meet a number of years ago. You came to our house to see my mom about some business thing but she had gone out unexpectedly. You rang the bell and I peeked out from my upstairs window and saw you there. I had just come out of the shower and was not dressed, especially not to answer the door. I rather liked what I saw so I threw on a towel, too small really, and ran downstairs to let you in. All that was between us was the terrycloth of the towel. I had nothing on and I felt an electricity running down my spine as I greeted you. Do you remember that?"

fuzzyb2
fuzzyb2
509 Followers