An Undeniable Passion Ch. 22

Story Info
Virginia confronts her emotions, Billy & Elizabeth marry.
8.7k words
4.85
51.3k
4

Part 22 of the 25 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 08/10/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
opels
opels
2,471 Followers

With a small cry, Virginia bolted upright in bed, her head still swimming from the dream she had just awoken from. Her heart was pounding and she shivered from the thin sheen of sweat covering her trembling body. Shimmering visions of her dream floated through her mind, Drake passionately making love to her, teasing her senses, stretching her nerves taut with lust and desire.

Her thighs were clenching and shaking and with a sudden loud gasp, she reached the climax she had been searching for in her dream. With a groan of frustration she fell back against the sheets. Her desire for him had been bad enough when he had been away but with him constantly around, tempting and teasing her, it was quickly becoming unbearable. She knew there was only one way to ease her torment, but it was unthinkable. Inviting him back into her bed would only satisfy her momentarily and cause more misery than the temporary relief was worth.

Twenty minutes later, as she sat on Liberty staring at the darkened windows of the out-building, she repeated those words to herself, but found that she still didn't turn her horse back to the house. I must be out of my mind to even be out here, she thought to herself. I should just go back to bed. Unbidden, images from her dream again flooded her mind, causing her breath to catch.

Drake stood inside peering at her from behind a small part in the curtains. He had been sitting in the main room of his small house, unable to sleep. In the dim light of the moon shining in through the window he had been staring at the calling card given to him by the pretty blond from the ball. He was getting nowhere with Virginia, and his attempt to ruin Thomas' interest in her had failed and he was beginning to think that maybe he should just try and forget her. The pretty blond was a young widow from France who had boldly told him that she would be more than willing to satisfy him in any manner he wished. Gazing at the card, he had wondered if a dalliance with her while his ship was being repaired would be enough to distract his mind from Virginia. When his ship was ready he would then sail away, never to return, forgetting all about Virginia, Williamsburg and the pretty blond.

With a groan of frustration, he had dragged his fingers through his loose hair, knowing that there was nothing on this earth that would erase Virginia from his mind. He had been about to throw the card into the glowing embers in the grate when he'd heard a horse approaching. Wearing only a pair of breeches, he dropped the card to a side table and slipped his arms into a shirt before going to investigate.

What was she doing out here and why was she just sitting there, staring at the cabin, he wondered. He watched as she tipped her head back, staring up at the stars and sigh heavily, her breath coming out in puffs in the cold night air.

She hung her head, confused emotions swirling in her heart. Unable to forget how she had reacted to his embrace on the balcony during her Christmas Ball made her wonder how she truly felt about him. Was it only lust, is that what she was doing out here? Trying to finish what had started that night? Or was it more?

"Are you going to sit out here all night?" The soft, deep voice startled her and her head jerked up. Drake was standing on his small veranda staring at her, his open shirt lifting slightly in the light breeze.

Watching her, he saw her eyes roam over the muscled planes of his exposed chest and abdomen taking in the intoxicating view of his bare flesh. He could see the hunger blazing in her eyes and confirmed his suspicions of why she had come. He also knew why she wasn't coming any closer. Stepping to the edge of the small porch, he extended his hand. "Come inside V. It's cold out here."

Indecision stormed in her eyes. "Come on. It's warm inside," he gently urged.

With intending to, she slipped from the saddle and knew that she was lost. She would not be leaving the small house any time soon. On unsteady legs she ascended the steps to his front door and went inside.

It was indeed warm inside, but it did little to alleviate her trembling. With shaking fingers she unbuttoned her coat, as he stood behind her, pulling it from her shoulders, when her eyes fell on the calling card laying on the table. Picking it up, she read the name, Marie Aubert. "What is this?" she asked, holding up the card.

"It's from a woman at your party," he responded casually. Perhaps jealousy was a way to make her realize her feelings for him. "She invited me to call on her, and I'm considering it," he said, restarting the fire in the grate.

"Oh?" she asked warily, unsure how to feel about this. She had been glad that he had danced with so many women at the ball, but she didn't think he would seriously consider calling upon any of them. Striving to keep her voice light, she questioned, "Which one was she? Doris created the guest list, I didn't know most of the people there."

"A pretty blond. A couple of years older than you, a young widow. Her husband died on the crossing from France. These cards are quite popular there." He plucked the card from her hand and slid it into his pocket. "She was quite earnest and frank in inviting me to her home," he said with a wicked smile. "Since you're so insistent that I stop bothering you, maybe I'll begin to bother her."

Virginia swallowed nervously, surprised to feel jealousy surging through her. She didn't want him 'bothering' anyone else. Especially not a pretty, young widow.

"Unless you would rather I didn't," he teased.

Frantically she tried to come up with a reason for not wanting him to call upon her. When she couldn't think of anything that wouldn't reveal herself to him or sound hypocritical, she could only say, "Who you see is of no matter to me. I hope you find her to your liking."

"She said she's willing to satisfy me in any way I wish, so that already makes her to my liking. I haven't had another woman since you, my dear, and your confused and volatile emotions are beginning to wear me down. I'm afraid I've lost the desire to fight for you any longer." He pulled the card from his pocket and gazed down at it. "Yes, perhaps an attractive, willing woman is just what I need until my ship is repaired." Slipping the card back into his pocket, he glanced up at her. "But enough about my frustrated desires. What brings you out here in the middle of the night?" His eyes were dancing with amusement, knowing that it was her own frustrated desires had driven her to him.

"I...um...I..." Her brain churned furiously, desperate to think of a reasonable explanation for her midnight visit.

Approaching her, he gently pulled her to him. "I know why you've come. You can't stay away from me anymore than I can stay away from you, can you?" he asked, his voice low.

"No, that's not-" he quickly pressed his lips to hers, cutting off her protests, pulling her tightly against him. Refusing to admit that she wanted him so badly, especially when his interest in her was waning, she pushed at his shoulders, wrenching her mouth from his.

"How dare you assume that I came out here for that! You really do think highly of yourself, don't you? Assuming that every woman around wants you. Well not me. You can have your little, French, blond widow," she sneered, trying to pull out of his embrace.

Without releasing her, he walked her backwards, until her back was pressed against the wall. "I don't want any little, French blonds. I only want you, my fiery, English red head. Only you," he whispered, before his lips again descended to hers.

Twisting her head away, she gasped, "I don't care what or who you want. Let me go!"

"Not until you tell me why you're here," he replied, keeping her pinned to the wall.

"It doesn't matter any more why I'm here. All I want now is to go," she all but shouted at him.

"No, not yet," he purred, a lusty smile curling his lips.

She stared down at him as he dropped to his knees in front of her. What in the world, she thought as his hands reached for the tips of her shoes peeking out from beneath her skirts. Her breath caught in her throat as his large hands slid over her slender feet and then up and around her slim ankles. Slowly, he drew his hands up her calves, his arms pushing her skirts up as he went.

"No stockings this evening, Miss Templeton?" he drawled, his rough hands caressing her bare flesh as they slipped over her knees. His hands slid over her bare thighs until his fingers touched the edges of her pantalets. "Such scandalously short pantalets, my dear," he laughed. "Are such seductive garments for my pleasure?" he asked.

She opened her mouth to retort, but he found the frilly garment's opening between her thighs and only a gasp escaped her lips as his fingers delved inside. He slid through the wet folds of her, seeking and finding her pleasure center. She trembled against the wall, her knees threatening to buckle beneath her as he stroked the small nub.

Not removing his hand, he rose in front of her, cradling her cheek with his other hand as she gazed up at him with lust filled eyes. "Oh V," he breathed as his lips again descended to hers, his tongue being granted immediate entry to her mouth. His hand slid from her cheek down her throat to her breast, where he squeezed her gently.

Suddenly tensing she rose up on her toes, her back arching against the wall. Drake pulled his lips from hers as a harsh cry erupted from her throat, her hands clutching at him, her fingers digging into his flesh. His hand nestled between her clenching thighs was drenched as she climaxed, his continuous stimulation taking effect.

Quickly tearing open his breeches, he easily lifted her in the air. Instinctively she wrapped her legs around him, holding tightly to his shoulders as he slowly lowered her. Crying out with frustration, Virginia wriggled in his arms as he held her suspended with just the tip of his throbbing manhood touching her opening.

"Please, Drake," she panted, her desire to have him fill her burning through her veins.

"Tell me why you came here tonight," he demanded, refusing to lower her.

"No...please," she gasped, writhing in his arms.

He lowered her an inch, teasing her with just the head of his shaft. "Tell me," he whispered, his voice harsh from the passion he was struggling to keep in check until she said the words he wanted to hear.

Her lust for him won out over her self respect and she confessed. "You're right, I can't stay away from you. Take me Drake, take me. I can't stand it anymore," she pleaded. "Take me and end this agony." He had a quick recollection of her saying those same words the night she had seduced him in his cabin as he gazed into her glowing eyes.

"And young Madam Aubert? How do you feel about her?" he teased.

"To hell with Madam Aubert! Please, Drake, take me!" she begged, her frustration getting the better of her. A loud cry burst from her as he suddenly dropped her onto himself, fully penetrating her with one thrust.

Holding her around the waist, against the wall, he drove into her and was surprised by her almost immediate climax. Gripping her tightly with one arm, he pulled her away from the wall, and tore at the laces on her gown with his free hand. They came loose and she pulled the gown off over her head as he carried her to the couch. Laying down with her above him, she began to ride him, her own fervent desire setting the pace. She leant over him, offering her breasts to his lips, and squeezing them gently, he sucked an erect nipple into the warm confines of his mouth.

"Oh, Virginia, you are so beautiful," he murmured, switching from one breast to the other. As usual when he was with her he was in heaven. The world was never better than when their bare flesh connected and she was filled with desire and lust for him. He also knew she was filled with love for him, but just didn't seem to realize it.

Virginia sat above Drake, watching as his full lips closed around her nipple. His other hand gently squeezed her breast, tweaking the nipple. She rode him with all the lust coursing through her, hoping to erase any thoughts of taking up with another woman. It was selfish, she knew that, but in this moment she didn't care, she could figure it out later.

Surprising him, she suddenly rose and moved down the couch, her lips hovering above his glistening cock. For a moment she stared into his eyes, glowing golden in the flickering light from the fire, before she lowered her head and slid him into her mouth.

"Oh dear God, V," he groaned as her lips closed around him. Hungrily she sucked on him, taking him as deeply into her mouth as she could. His groans of pleasure were the sweetest music to her ears and she did her best to pleasure him. His back arched up off the bed, the hand in her hair clenching as he climaxed, his seed suddenly filling her mouth and she swallowed every drop, neatly cleaning him off.

Gazing up at him, she drank in the view of his powerful body sprawled before her, his eyes closed, his chest rising and falling rapidly. His hand moved, releasing the hold on her hair. Opening his eyes, he said, his voice soft and low, "Come up here."

She nestled against his side, content to just lay with him, her flesh pressed to his. "Why are you here?" he asked her.

She hesitated before answering, afraid of the words that would come out of her mouth. "I just couldn't stay away. I had to have you again."

Hesitating, worried she might get angry but needing to know he asked, "Me, or what we just did? Do you think Thomas could have satisfied your needs?" he asked.

She was thoughtful, considering his questions. "You and what we just shared is what I came for, and I'm not sure if he could. You're the only man I've ever been with so I'm not sure how it would be with some one else." Thinking for a moment she asked him, "How does it feel to be with other women? Has anyone made you feel the way you do with me?"

Choosing his words carefully, he answered, "My other experiences left me ultimately feeling empty. They were satisfying while they lasted but that's all. With you it's different." Tipping her chin to look into her eyes, he continued. "The feeling with you lasts and makes me want more. And the longer I deny myself the more I want you, need you. I have to have you, V." He punctuated his statement with a kiss that stole her breath away, and ignited both their passions once again.

It was just before dawn when Virginia mounted Liberty and rode back to her house. They had made love twice more before she had slipped from his bed, making sure to take Madam Aubert's card with her. Drake didn't miss it.

Back at the house, she stood before her own fireplace staring down at the calling card. Would he have really called upon her? He had made it quite clear that she had invited him to have an affair with her and he was right about how confused she was when it came to sorting out her emotions for him. Once again, she acknowledged that her jealousy was unfounded, after all she was being courted by someone. Was it unfair of her to want him constantly on the side lines, chasing after her, accepting her affection when she chose to dole it out to him? Yes, it was unfair, she admitted.

But why was she jealous? Because it was flattering to have such an obviously desirable man interested in her. But then again, Thomas was desirable and he wanted her. Even though he wasn't as blatantly handsome as Drake, he was attractive in a smaller, more refined way. When she really thought about it, Drake's good looks were almost obscene in their raw maleness, in the pure sexuality he exuded. Thomas was a much more sensible choice for a husband, and besides, Drake wasn't going to stay in Williamsburg. Once his ship was repaired he would be gone and she most likely wouldn't see him again until well after she was Mrs. Ogilvy if indeed she ever saw him again.

Oh, who am I kidding, she asked herself, her shoulders slumping. I'm crazy about him, if not completely in love with him, she finally admitted to herself. So now she was in a situation where she loved a man who was going to vanish from her life in a few months and another that she liked well enough, but would never love, who was never going to leave her.

With a sigh she tossed the Madam Aubert's calling card into the fire and crawled into bed. She couldn't possibly figure this out right now and decided to think about it after she had slept.

The next few days were such a blur of activity that she didn't have a chance to consider Drake or her tangled feelings for him. It was the night before the wedding and Virginia had arranged a lavish dinner for Elizabeth and her family, Billy and Drake. They went over the plans for the next day and drank many toasts to the soon to be married couple. After dinner, while relaxing in the sitting room, Mr. and Mrs. Robbins declared that they were exhausted and went up the spare bedroom, where they were spending the night. After they were settled, Virginia, Drake, Billy and Elizabeth moved to the library.

Billy retrieved two more bottles of wine and filled everyone's glass. They were joking and laughing and enjoying themselves a great deal. Billy rose from his chair and standing before Elizabeth, he asked, in a not quite clear voice, "My dearest love, would you care to dance?"

She giggled and replied, "But Billy there's no music."

He stood as though listening. "Ah, but I hear music. It is your beauty and our love that fills my heart with song. Come, dance with me." He pulled her to her feet and twirled her out of the room.

Both Virginia and Drake laughed as they watched them go. He rose, picked up the wine bottle and filled her glass before sitting next to her on the couch. They clinked glasses and said in unison, "To the happy couple." They both laughed.

"So my dear V, when are you going to finally break down and marry me?"

"Break down and marry you? You've never even asked me," she replied, still laughing.

"What if I did?" he asked, suddenly serious.

She laughed again, trying to lighten the mood, but saw the look in his eyes. "I don't know. Are you proposing right now?" she asked lightly.

"Maybe."

She turned and looked at him, her heart suddenly pounding. "If this is some kind of joke or another of your games, I don't like it one bit," she said indignantly, suddenly terrified that he was serious.

He leaned back against the couch and took a sip of wine. "You can relax, my dear, I'm not proposing."

She sighed and leaned back as well. She was trying to decide if she was relieved or disappointed, when he said, "Not yet, anyway." He paused for a moment. "But I will someday."

"Not if Thomas beats you to it," she teased.

He sat up and stared at her. "You're not going to marry that fool."

With sparks of anger flashing in her eyes she retorted, "He is not a fool. And I will marry whomever I choose and it may very well be Thomas!"

"He's not half good enough for you," he replied.

"Oh and I suppose you think you are?" she mocked.

Calmly he said, "Yes, I am. I've told you many times already, I'm the only man for you and you're the only woman for me. We belong together."

Goading him, she said, "Well then, why not ask to marry me now? If we're destined to be together, why wait?"

"Because you're not ready," he said, taking another sip of wine.

Angry that he was being so condescending, she asked, "What do you mean I'm not ready? You obviously think I'm ready to be taken to bed, but not ready to be your wife?"

He stood and drained his glass. She nervously watched as he placed it on a side table and then got down on one knee in front of her. He looked up at her wide green eyes. "You think you're ready? Fine then." He cleared his throat. "Miss Templeton, will you marry me?"

Utterly dumbfounded, she stared at him. Her heart was pounding and she suddenly found she couldn't breathe. The moment stretched into an eternity and all she could do was stare at him. She tried to speak but couldn't find any words, she had no idea what to say. Her mind couldn't seem to comprehend what was happening.

opels
opels
2,471 Followers