An Unforgettable Melody Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
auguy86
auguy86
1,174 Followers

"No way... Jesus Tap-dancing Christ!" Mike marveled.

"Dude, I haven't tap-danced in ages!" Jesus replied with a smirk.

"Wait, what's with the jeans? Everyone else I've seen is wearing suits."

Rolling his eyes, Jesus replied, "Please... I've always been the guy upsetting the status quo around here."

As he stepped forward and immediately hugged both of the Braxtons, Jesus welcomed them officially to the other side. "I tell you what, I've been watching the two of you for some time now. Mike, very few individuals could have been put in the situation you were in and respond as well as you did."

Shrugging, Mike replied, "Meh, I still should've done better. I still facilitated Melody's enslavement."

With a playful head-slap, Jesus said, "Dude, stop that. You don't have to think about what happened in the Judgment Chamber now. I don't care anymore, and My Father doesn't care anymore; you passed the test. It's that simple." Turning to Melody, He continued, "As for you, my dear, there's someone who's been waiting a very long time to meet you."

"Really? Who?" Melody asked. As she spoke, a section of the mist ahead of them began to part slightly, revealing a woman. She wore a dark blue dress with pink flowers imprinted on it and let her long, black hair flow over one shoulder. Her brown eyes, once heavy from the pain and suffering she had endured in life, now shimmered with every breath she took.

"Melody," she said. "My daughter..."

Openmouthed, Melody could only reply breathlessly, "Mother?"

After locking eyes for several long moments, the two women finally fell against each other in a tearful embrace, reunited for the first time in centuries. As they cried on each other's shoulders, they spoke to each other for the first time in their lives.

"Mother, thank you. Thank you for the most incredible sacrifice I could have ever imagined. I... I..."

"You needn't say anything, my dear. You are my daughter, and I would gladly lay my life down for you a thousand times more if it were necessary," Maya said with a smile. "I am just so relieved that Selena did indeed find a worthy man for you. That is what has brought you back to me today."

Taking her hand, Melody said, "Mother, I want you to meet my husband, Mike."

As he extended his hand, Maya ignored it completely, instead pulling Mike in for a long hug. "Thank you. You who would love my daughter for who she is, rather than what she was capable of doing for you."

After a long pause, he finally replied, grinning at Melody, "She's worth it," prompting an embarrassed smile from his wife.

"Outstanding moral fiber indeed," came a deep voice from behind him.

As Mike turned, he discovered the source of the voice: a tall man in a black suit with a long, authoritative looking beard. "Isaiah?" Mike asked.

"Indeed," he said with a smile.

The two men shook hands firmly in greeting as Mike said, "Isaiah, I can't thank you enough for what you did for my wife, and especially for Maya. Believing her and helping her as you did had to have been unheard of during the time you lived in. I mean you were helping a potential adulteress after all. Weren't you worried about what might have happened to you under the law?"

Chuckling, the prophet simply replied, "It was the right thing to do." He then turned to Melody, saying, "My girl, nothing has made me happier than seeing Maya's wish fulfilled. The fact that, in spite of all of the unfair circumstances life threw at you, you still managed to find your way to God of your own accord, it is one of the most incredible feats I have ever witnessed."

"It's all thanks to Mike," Melody said with a smile.

"No, not entirely my dear," Isaiah replied. "Yes, he gave you free will and demonstrated his faith, but it was you who made the decision to delve further into God's word and learn for yourself of His love. You made that choice; no one forced you into it. That is truly admirable." Isaiah then looked at Jesus, who nodded. "Now, I must be going for a while. I am a member of the Council of Prophets, and there are some important matters we must attend to. I look forward to seeing you again, my friends." With a smile, Isaiah disappeared into the mist.

"I fear I must be going as well," Maya said. "I am an assistant to Saint Maria Goretti, the patron saint of victims of rape. Sadly, our work is never done, but that only emboldens us to redouble our efforts in comforting these victims. Melody, Mike, please feel welcome to visit my house anytime you wish. Jesus will show you where it is."

"We will, Mother. Thank you," Melody said as the woman departed.

Jesus walked up behind the couple and excitedly threw his arms around each of their shoulders, saying, "Well now, don't you think it's time you guys see your new digs?"

"We'd love to," Mike said with his trademark grin.

As Jesus clapped his hands twice, the mist dispelled, leaving Mike and Melody at the gates to a small town taken right out of a storybook. The sun shone brightly, a pleasant breeze drifted across their faces, and there was not a cloud in the sky. "Welcome home, guys," Jesus said. "Your house is in the neighborhood of mansions on the other side of that park over there, number 34. Everyone's waiting for you, gonna give you a big housewarming party. Dinner tonight is a grand feast in the Fellowship Hall, which is that building over there," he said, pointing to an ornate domed building in the distance. "And, of course, if you need anything at all, I'm only a thought away," He said, smiling as he disappeared.

Glancing at Mike, Melody said, "I like him."

"Well of course! He is the Son of God, after all," Mike replied sarcastically. As Melody giggled, he drew her close once more for a long, passionate kiss.

As they parted, Melody took Mike's hand and began walking into town. Feeling that they were a bit overdressed, the couple simply envisioned the clothes they wanted to wear, deciding on blue jeans and a tan button up shirt for Mike, and tan khaki shorts and a black tank top for Melody.

"You know, you really never cease to amaze me, Mike," Melody said with a smile.

"What makes you say that?" he asked.

"I was watching the whole time during your hearing," she replied. "I have to admit, during that last exchange between you and Thomas, I was honestly afraid that you'd be sent to Purgatory. But you... you just continue to impress me. Having the humility to admit to God Himself how many mistakes you've made, that takes more wisdom and guts than anything I could ever imagine. Not that I'm surprised, mind you. Just impressed."

Kissing her on the cheek, he asked, "So, what happened when you first arrived? I was totally alone when I woke up after dying, but Pete told me that you had already come through."

Melody nodded, explaining, "When I woke up, I was right in front of the gates Pete was guarding. He asked me for my invitation, which I found in my coat pocket and gave to him."

"Huh, you had an invite?" Mike mused. "Wonder if that has anything to do with your former green status?"

"Probably so. Anyway, once I was inside the customs house, your granddaddy immediately greeted me and explained the different statuses to me, including what yours was. I was then escorted straight to the Judgment Chamber. Once I was inside, I didn't have to stand for a hearing as you did, but was welcomed warmly by everyone there and immediately allowed to cross over. From the other side, I was able to watch everything you experienced inside the customs house."

"Impressive," Mike marveled.

"Not as impressive as the one and only Harry Weston," Melody shot back. "In all seriousness, you built him up to be this sage-like person, and I have to admit, he does not disappoint."

"That's my granddaddy..."

On their way to their new house, the couple decided to walk through the large park in the middle of town. As they entered the green space, they passed by a gazebo with a country trio playing. Moving closer, they could clearly see the figures of Johnny and June Cash, singing the heavenly tune ofI'll Fly Away. They were accompanied on fiddle by Charlie Daniels himself, smiling at the pair with a wink and a nod. The pair smiled and waved back to them before continuing on their walk, the heavenly sounds of the gospel standard echoing through the park the whole time.

Mike was unbelievably overwhelmed by the residents currently occupying the park. As they passed a row of park benches, they saw Ghandi and Martin Luther King Junior debating various ethical and philosophical topics, with Mother Theresa sitting two benches over, laughing and enjoying their banter. Hearing footsteps from behind them, Mike turned just in time to see Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker locked in a heated footrace.

"War eagle!" Bo shouted to Mike as he passed.

"War eagle!" Mike replied in kind. This resulted in a playfully dirty look from Herschel.

In the middle of the park sat a large collection of chess tables, several of which were occupied by some of the most iconic world leaders ever known. At one table, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were facing off against Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln in a round-robin style four-person chess match. As they played, Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair walked up, challenging whichever duo won to the next match. Three tables over from them, Winston Churchill had just bested his old friend Franklin D. Roosevelt, indicated by the former president toppling his own king. Finally nearing the exit of the park, they saw John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan just sitting down to begin a game.

"Hey, it's the Braxtons! You guys finally made it!" Kennedy shouted to Mike.

"Big feast tonight, and you two are sitting at our table," Reagan joined in.

"You got it, Gipper!" Mike replied.

Exiting the park, the pair walked along a gorgeous cobblestone road that encircled the park. They took their time as they went, admiring each of the buildings they passed. Still able to hear the melodious sounds of Johnny and June in the distance, they reached the stone archway marking the entrance to their neighborhood.

Sighing contentedly, Melody could hardly believe everything that had happened that day, and couldn't have been more excited for every new experience that was sure to come during their eternity in Heaven. "So, what do you wanna do now?" she asked Mike, laying her head on his shoulder.

Mike slipped his arm around her waist. "Everything."

The pair shared a long look of admiration before kissing lovingly. As they stepped through the archway of the neighborhood, nothing more needed to be said. They were home.

auguy86
auguy86
1,174 Followers