Angel Hunter Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Such a quick tongue for such a slow demon," the voice said, gray feathers falling around Lex's head as he turned in circles, trying to find the source. As Lex turned to react to the final hiss, he felt a sharp pain in his side. He looked down to see black blood dripping from a cut in his side. He put a hand to the wound and hissed in pain.

"Such delicious blood, like candy to us, you know," Gabriel appeared, a young woman in a business suit. She licked a sharp dagger, dripping with Lex's blood. Another identical dagger was in her other hand. Lex pulled the whip from his side and with expert flare, moved the long piece of leather towards Gabriel's neck. It caught around the slender pale skin and he smiled. How easy could this get?

"Not such a big baddy now, are you?" Lex asked. With a smile, Gabriel slowly melted, bones and sinew falling away, along with the whip, until he reappeared as the little boy from before.

"Who said I had to be big to kill you?" he walked back into a row of books.

"I'm getting really sick of this place." Lex pulled the whip back to his side.

"What's wrong, Lex?" Lex's eyes went wide as the familiar voice floated to his ears. "Eager to get home?" Shep stood before him.

"You're not Shep," Lex shook his head. "Isn't it a bit of a super villain stereotype to turn into the hero's love interest?" Lex asked.

"Is that what you think you are, Lex? A hero? A sinner in life, a saint in death? You think that just because you found a hot piece of ass you're allowed to change your mind and follow the 'right path'?" Not-Shep asked him.

"If yours is the wrong one, and don't even try to deny that, then the Devil's is obviously the right one, isn't it? I've already followed the 'right path'," Lex frowned at Gabriel, who tossed his head back and laughed. The cold stone-like vibe Sheps voice had taken on revealed the Angel's true identity, it was still eerie.

"There can be more than one wrong, Lex. Didn't you ever think about that?" Not-Shep asked. Before Lex could answer, he spoke again. "Of course you wouldn't, do you know why? Because you're stupid, Lex. You're stupid and I could, and would, never love you," Shep/Gabriel sneered. Even though he knew it was a lie, Lex couldn't help the aching pain in his chest.

"That's not true," he said, tears brimming his eyes.

"But it is, true. You're just some slut of a demon. You've already made your choice. You're a demon, there's nothing left for you," Gabriel shook his head. Lex blinked back the tears and realized the Angel had vanished. "You'll never be loved," the cold words were whispered in his ear. Lex felt the chill run up his spine and moved, but was a second too late. He spun to the side and dropped to his knees, attempting to avoid the dagger that would slice his throat in two. Too slow, the dagger cut across his right eye. As he felt, more than saw, the second dagger heading towards his side, he reached a hand out and grabbed the holy blade. It burned his skin but he ignored the pain and forced it from the Angel's hand. In one fluid movement, he turned and lodged the dagger into the Angel's throat. Sheps own eyes stared back at him, but soon they melted to gray and the true form of the Angel was revealed. With a shriek of pain, nothing was left of the creature but feathers and ash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shep vomited on the floor of his bedroom as the foul taste filled his mouth. He blinked hard and stared down at the pile of gray goop that had been forced out of his stomach.

"That tastes like a dead guys ass," he said, throat throbbing and stinging from his stomach forcibly emptying its contents.

"You would know, shit head," Lex said, as he stood over the bathroom sink, rinsing out the cup that held the foul smoothie-like mixture.

"What happened?" Shep asked, rubbing his eyes.

"That freaky Russian motherfucker poisoned you. He looked scummy as shit. You probably have herpes now." Lex filled the cup with water, and looked up at himself in the mirror. His tone was oddly serious from his normal whining and/or obnoxious self.

"Great," Shep looked down at his arm, that was now back to normal. "What was that shit you fed me?"

"The cure for herpes. Congrats," Lex gave a small smile.

"Ha-ha-ha," Shep rolled his eyes with the fake laugh. "Seriously, what was that?" he asked again. Lex pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and began reading off of it.

"The dust of an Arch Angel, eyes of a cat-"

"What?" Shep stared at him blankly. Lex continued anyways

"-tail of a frog, very hard to find by the way. Blood of a demon, easy enough," Lex chuckled. "Oh, and I added in a little mango for flavor," he smiled.

"I ate cat eyes?" Shep frowned.

"And mango," Lex shoved the paper back into his jeans.

"We're never going to talk about this again." Shep stood, shaky on his legs. "Where did you get that recipe?" he asked, pulling his coat on over his still pale arms.

"Gabriel," Lex nodded. Shep frowned.

"I doubt you just knocked on his door and he handed it over," Shep said.

"No, not exactly," Lex laughed bitterly.

"You killed him without me, I have to admit I'm a little hurt, Sex Offender."

"I swear to god I will resurrect herpes-man and put your ass back in that coma," Lex rolled his eyes.

"You're hiding something," Shep frowned. Lex swallowed. "Look at me, Lex," Shep scowled harder. After a moment of hesitation, Lex finally turned and faced Shep. Shep swallowed and frowned even deeper. "What the hell happened?"

"You said it yourself, he didn't want to hand it over just because I said 'please'," he laughed. Shep let his hand run over the scarred flesh of Lex's right eye.

"When did it happen? It should have healed, right?" he asked.

"A couple of days ago. Yeah, I thought it would heal too. It just scarred over and it hasn't changed since," he shrugged, looking down at the ground.

"Can you see?" Shep asked.

"No, not really. Doesn't bother me though," Lex smiled up at Shep. "I'm just glad you're back to the land of the living." He swallowed and Shep could tell he was holding back tears.

"Yeah, I'm back," Shep nodded. "Come here." As Lex finally let the tears fall, he was pulled into the tight embrace of Shep's arms.

"I was so scared," Lex said. "Y-you were sick and I didn't know what to do and..." Lex finally collapsed into hysterics and all the words he had to say were melted into nothing but sobs.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm okay," Shep fell to the ground with Lex, holding him tightly in his arms. He kissed the top of his head and stroked his hair lovingly. He rocked Lex back and forth as he cried into his chest. Soon the heavy gasps and sobs slowed and were replaced with words again.

"H-he... he was a shapeshifter and...."

"And he turned into me and told you that I could never love you," Shep said. Lex pulled away from him just enough to look up at him with a confused look.

"H-how did you know?" he asked, lip quivering.

"Come on, Lex. Could it get any more cliche?" Shep asked. Lex smiled and laughed, tears still falling. "I'm kidding, I had a dream... I... I think it was the Devil trying to talk to me," he frowned. "He really does like to play darts, doesn't he?" Lex laughed again.

"Yeah... he's a good guy."

"I know... but this doesn't change anything, you know that, right?" Shep asked. Lex nodded.

"I know... stubborn as a mule," Lex smiled and wiped away his tears.

"I hope you also know that... what Gabriel said... that isn't true," Shep shook his head. Lex looked up at Shep with wide eyes. "I can, and do, love you," Shep whispered. "Even if I'm not great at showing it... I love you, Lex," Shep whispered, ending the phrase with a sweet kiss. He finally pulled away, once Lex's lips were swollen and red from nibbles and kisses.

"I love you, too," he whispered back. Shep sighed and stood up, pulling Lex with him.

"One more to go," he said, looking at the map on the bedside table.

"Yeah... and then what?" Lex asked.

"And then... well, we'll find that out when we get there, I guess," Shep answered, taking off his jacket. "I thought we should get a move on now, but... I'm really tired."

"Me too," Lex nodded, "and don't give me that 'demons don't need to sleep' crap. You'd be amazed at how tired you can get even though you don't sleep," he smiled.

"Well then, Mr. Sex Offender," Shep smiled and Lex's scowl. "How about a nap, and then we'll go after that big bad angel?" Shep poked his lip out in a pout.

"Sounds like a plan," Lex smiled. Shep fell down to the bed with a flop, pulling Lex on top of him. Lex laughed and tried to roll over, but Shep stopped him.

"No, this is perfect," Shep held Lex's hands to his chest. "Just stay right here.. .just like this," He smiled as his eyes shut. Lex rested his head on Sheps chest, their legs still tangled together from their fall, but neither of them cared. They were asleep in seconds.

~~~~~

TBC...

12