Anita's Affair

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, that's why I wouldn't call him a high school sweetheart. After what had happened at the prom, we, at least I, didn't know quite how to act with each other in school on Monday. I certainly was a bit uncomfortable with what I had done with him. However, there was some surreptitious tit fondling over the lunch hour and we made a date for Saturday night. If we had had that date, I think that there was a good chance that he would have gotten me and who knows what would have done for my future.

"However, before any more could happen he collapsed at home that Friday night and he was taken to the hospital. It turned out that he had appendicitis or, actually...what is that word? Oh yeah, peritonitis. He was taken to a bigger out-of-town hospital and was in intensive care for a while. Then he had a long recovery to get his strength back.

"I sent him a card and a few notes, but we just lost contact when I went away to college in the fall. The thing is, we weren't really going together - several nice dates that might have developed into something, particularly after prom night. We had never had any intimate discussions...you know...exchanging feeling, thoughts of the future, etc. Frankly, I had pretty much forgotten about him until he showed up at the reunion.

"Anyway, we went out to his car and started out. We were talking and I casually asked him where he lived and he said that he had an apartment in the Collier building. I looked at him in shock and gasped out, 'That's in the opposite direction - three miles out of your way! You said you would drop me off on your way home!'

"'I know, Anita, but I have something I wanted to show you from when we were in school and this seemed to be a perfect opportunity. I don't mind the extra drive.'

"Needless to say the whole thing seemed strange and I asked why he hadn't shown me whatever it was back at the reunion. He looked over at me and said, 'You'll know why when you see it.' I was mystified but I wasn't the least bit concerned about safety or anything. I remembered him as a nice guy and, in addition, everybody knew I had left with him. Actually, it just never occurred to me to be concerned. It sounds silly now, but I never even questioned how he knew where I lived!

"We pulled into our driveway, stopped and he reached behind the seat and brought up what appeared to be a small package and a tablet. "I can show this to you here, but it would be better in regular light. Could I come in for a few minutes? It's late but won't take long.'

"He really had my curiosity aroused by that time and I just said ok. At that point I was really intrigued but I had absolutely no feelings except an old friendship with someone from my past. We sat down on the couch and he opened an iPad, moved to the photo section and there was a full length picture of me and my father standing on the porch of our house before that senior prom. I had completely forgotten having it taken and seeing my father really got to me. I could almost hear him ordering us to be home by 2:00 AM, the latest curfew I ever had had. Then there was one of Bill and me taken by my father. Finally, there was one of me alone wearing that lovely dress.

"I felt a wave of emotion as I saw those pictures and Bill was suddenly more than just a friend from the past. I spontaneously leaned toward him, my head resting on his shoulder, and said, 'Oh Bill, please download those pictures to my computer! That was a lovely night and I want to keep them!' I really was emotional - particularly seeing my father and me together. He reached up and put his arm around me and hugged me, saying, 'I've kept these pictures all these years and I want you to have them to remember that night with pleasure. The next are different and I hope they will bring back pleasant memories too.' Incredibly, I had no idea of what was coming!

"Suddenly I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw myself standing there holding my skirt bunched up almost at my waist exposing my panties and garter belt. Seeing the three previous, innocuous, pictures hadn't triggered my memory of what had come afterwards. I straightened up in shock and almost shrieked, 'Oh my god, Bill, I had forgotten about doing that! Has anybody else seen that?'"

"He responded with, 'No Nita. I promised you that no one else would see these pictures and I have kept that promise!' He quickly showed me two that were much the same and I suddenly dreaded and, I'll admit, aroused by what I now assumed was coming. My assumption was correct for there I stood, my skirt at my waist and everything blatantly exposed. No panties!

"I was shocked, embarrassed and, surprising myself, really excited. The best of the pictures was one in which I was...'impishly' is the word I guess...smiling at the camera. It was not a candid shot for I was obviously posing. I was standing there, my feet a good foot apart. My garter belt, with its supporters running down to my hose tops, framed my triangle of dark hair. I was looking at a picture of myself, not some porno star, and I felt myself getting wet as I looked at it!

"I had been sitting erect after pulling away when the first shocking picture came up, but now Bill put his arm around me again and pulled me close and said, 'You were beautiful!' I turned my head to look at him and he kissed me. I was hesitant at first but suddenly it felt right and I returned the kiss. What happened then is what has happened millions of times over the years when friends become lovers. Kisses led to feeling and fondling and, inevitably, to fucking! That's what happened. We ended upstairs in our bedroom and he spent the night for the first time.

"I swear I never had a single romantic or sexual thought as I met him at the reunion. I never thought of any of that as we sat down on that couch. It all came at that moment when the memories of that prom night descended on me when I saw those pictures. How I could have forgotten what I had done that night is beyond me. I think that I must have deliberately buried details of all of that and just remembered having a wonderful time!

"In any case, there was one more thing that really fanned the flames and helped start my affair. When that first kiss finally ended, he pulled away and reached over beside himself, picked up the little package I had seen and handed it to me. I opened it and inside I found a pair of panties. He smiled at me and quietly said, 'Those are the ones I took off of you that night. I've kept them all these years, hoping for a moment like this! I've loved having them and I love returning them.'

"Char, he could have had me right there on the couch! I was just overcome with emotion. That he had kept those pictures was exciting and arousing. But that he had kept my panties all that time hoping to be with me again was so romantic that whatever defenses and desire I had for faithfulness just melted away. A half hour later we were naked and in bed and my adulterous affair had begun!"

"Jesus, Nita, that was unbelievable. I can understand what you did that night! Good god, I'm sure that I would have been fucked and I'm certain that would be true of most women, no matter how happily married they were. Actually, knowing how Tom is, I have no doubt that he would understand your motivation - getting lost in the emotion and romance of the moment. He wouldn't like it but he would understand and forgive you. This is different! How in the hell did you let this happen a second time, much less for four months? You've got a marriage made in heaven and you do this? You risk your husband's love and your marriage for a little 'fun' sex? Do you love this Bill?"

"Gods, no! I love Tom with my whole being. As I said, I don't think that I could live without him if he left me! This is just fun. When I woke up in bed with Bill the next morning, I was happy and I had no feeling of guilt because I knew that I felt about Tom the way I always had. When he came home I made love to him the way I always had, but it felt sort of innocently wicked to have a secret to hide. I wasn't putting Tom down in any way - I still think that he is the most wonderful man in the world, but I just like having a little secret of my own."

"What do you think will happen when Tom finds out that you've deceived him, gone behind his back and cheated on him - in his own bed? I say 'when' he finds out, not 'if.'"

"I know that he would be upset, maybe furious, but he would forgive me. He loves me as deeply as I love him. I don't think that he could live without me anymore than I could live without him. Anyway, he's not going to find out. No one is going to see me with Bill. My car won't be seen in suspicious places. No one will see a different car here. There will be no funny phone calls or email messages. There will be none of those 'husband comes home early and finds his wife in bed with another man' situations!

"When Bill left the next morning, we agreed that we would do it again, but that he wouldn't call me and possibly cause a problem. If I wanted for us to get together, I could call him when it was safe. Tom and I have a regular schedule when he is out of town. When he's on the airplane waiting to depart, he always sends me a text. When he checks into a hotel, he texts me. His phone and laptop have GPS markings so I know where he is when he texts me. At about 11:00 PM he calls me and we talk about our days and the GPS is there, too. We've done that for years and Tom arranged it. For that matter, he will know that I'm at home the same way.

"I was worried about Bill's car parked outside so I gave him an extra garage door remote that we had so he just opens the door and parks inside. He only comes after dark so there's no problem. His car is similar to Tom's so when he leaves here in the morning if anyone noticed they would think it was Tom. Actually, there's no one living close by anyway. Tom's not going to find out and be hurt!"

"Damn, you should hear yourself! A conniving adulteress planning how to conceal her affair from her husband. You seem to have everything covered so the odds are with you, but remember, the odds of winning the lottery are ridiculous, but, somehow, someone always wins. You're like teenagers who think that they are invincible until the car wreck comes. In any case, I love you like a sister and I certainly are not going to blow the whistle on you, but I should! What you are doing is reprehensible and unforgivable, but I'll be here to support you when you try to get your life back together after your own car wreck occurs - and I'm afraid that it will.

"Just think about what you've already done! You're going to have to be careful when you talk with Tom for the rest of your life. What will happen if Tom comes home sometime and casually says that one of his managers has a wife that cheated and that a woman like that should be divorced. Will you have that momentary hesitation when replying or that quick flash of guilt in your eye that will cause just a hint of doubt in the background of his subconscious mind? If at a party someone casually comments on a friend being caught in an affair, can you immediately respond without even a slight hesitation that raises that niggling little doubt?

"We hear of women being caught because their husband comes home early and finds her in bed with her lover, but there is a greater chance that suspicion arises because the guilty wife doesn't respond exactly the way the husband expects after being with her for years. He knows her reactions so well after years together and suddenly, something just doesn't seem right to him!

"In any case, Tom may never find out, but you will always know that you cheated and it will eat at you. More important, think what it will do to Tom if you slip up somehow. It will kill him. Is the fun you're having worth risking ruining his love for you? You say that you couldn't live without Tom. Nita, I'm afraid that you may have to." With that concluding statement, Char stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind her as she did so.

Anita looked after her with a concerned look on her face. She wasn't stupid. She understood the potential catastrophe Char alluded to and the idea of hurting Tom and her marriage sent a tremor of fear through her. She had been absolutely honest when she said that she didn't think that she could live without him. She thought to herself, "Maybe I am risking too much to keep doing this. Tom would be so horribly hurt and he never could trust me again. I think that I'll have to end this - even a remote risk is too much. I'll have to tell Bill that it has to end." Unfortunately, while she was right and her intent was good, she never followed through and the pleasant, but foolish affair went on.

A couple of days later, while eating dinner, Tom casually commented, "I had a disappointing call from Char this morning. It seems that her schedule has changed and we won't be able to have lunch any more. I really enjoyed meeting her in that little sandwich shop once or twice a week and just talk about something different from work. Everyone else I meet or eat with is consumed with business. It's a disappointment."

Anita responded with appropriate regret, knowing that both Tom and Char had enjoyed those tension releasing lunches. The following day, she called Anita and asked, "Did you really have a schedule change or is this connected to what we talked about last Saturday?"

"Of course it does! I really like having lunch with Tom. I really enjoy being with him, talking about all sorts of things. But, I damn sure can't do it now! I love the man almost as much as I love you and I would be petrified that I would accidently say something that would tickle his curiosity and start him thinking. I have no idea of what that might be, but I'm not going to be the one that begins what I expect to be the ruination of your marriage. You have to be out of your mind to be doing something so stupid and I'm not going to contribute to the disaster!

"I'm in a totally no-win situation! Damn it, I can't betray you by giving Tom even the most delicate hint that he has a problem with his wife and his marriage. At the same time, I'm betraying a very dear friend by not at least hinting to him that his wife is an adulterous bitch! I love you like a sister, but you have put me in an intolerable position. I am a miserable liar and if Tom had any suspicion and asked me if I knew anything, guilt would be written all over my face. Therefore, no more lunches!

"God damn it, I was in the same situation with that bastardly ex-husband of mine! Once I caught him I found that two of my friends knew about it and didn't even give me a hint! I dropped them like a brick! Now I'm doing the same thing, protecting you! I feel like a damn hypocrite!"

Reading all of this might lead one to believe that Anita was sex-driven or promiscuous or, perhaps, sex deprived. None of that was true. Before she entered college, that night with Bill went far beyond anything she had even thought of. She did expand her horizon in her freshmen year as many students do - no father to watch over her! She was thoroughly explored; tits and cunt, and she jacked off three cocks and actually sucked two of them. However, she still was that increasingly rare coed who was a virgin going into her sophomore year. That final barrier was literally broken early in that year by one Thomas Irving Atherton.

She was a sophomore English major and he a senior in business administration taking an elective course in English literature. Chance plays a major role in our lives - or perhaps there is predestination - but when he came into the class the first day, the seat he dropped into was next to a pretty dark haired girl. It's hard to say that it was love at first sight, but it certainly was love early in the semester. People today like to talk about finding their "soulmate," but if there is such a thing, they had both found theirs. They were perfect together and, by the end of that semester, Anita's virginity was gone and wedding plans were made.

Tom graduated with honors, choose from a number of good job offers and they were married in the fall before school started for Anita's junior year. Fortunately, Tom's job was near the school, so she was able to finish college without having to transfer. By the time she graduated, Tom was well established as a major asset to his employer. The company controlled a large number of home improvement stores operated by franchisees and he was assigned to be the coordinator with a number of them to handle single and joint problems. He was excellent at his job and by the time he worked there the five years preceding the time when this story began, he was a regional manager and troubleshooter for a large area of the Midwest. The responsibility and income were great and he enjoyed the work and the interaction with all the store managers.

The only drawback to the job was that once a month he had to have a two-day meeting with a different group of his managers to introduce new product, discuss strategy and solve problems. He would leave on Wednesday or Thursday and return Saturday or Sunday. In addition, all too often, he had to go overnight to a store to act as a troubleshooter. He didn't mind those trips except that Anita was left alone at home, which he hated. He made a real effort to let her know where he was and that he was safe which explains the text and phone message ritual which Anita described to Char.

He was absolutely committed to Anita as he assumed she was to him, and the idea that she had a sexual interest in another man just never crossed his mind. Of course, except for that unique connection with Bill, his trust was well placed. Their sexual relationship was excellent and her love for him was so apparent that nothing would cause him to suspect that she was having "fun sex" while he was away. Of course, the violation of that pure trust would make the truth even more devastating if it were to be discovered! And, inevitably, that is what happened.

As so often the case, the concealment of Anita's affair began to fail in a completely innocuous manner. Tom was preparing for a three night conference in the Chicago area and, as usual, had left his office at noon to pack and have a little extra time with her before he left. They ate lunch and, in a casual conversation she mentioned that the television news had been reporting on a rise in nighttime home break-ins in the last few weeks. "Didn't the realtor we had when we bought this house say something about a security system? I seem to remember something about it."

"You're right, but we didn't do anything about it. It involved motion activated cameras that would send a message to a central office if someone broke in and they would send the police. It was pretty expensive and had never been used because this is a very safe area. Still, if it would make you feel better while I'm gone, I'll check it out before I go. It's too late to make arrangements for the monitoring service for this week, but I'll see if the equipment works. I really don't think that it's necessary though - those break-ins were in the next town over."

Nothing further was said, but after completing his packing he went downs into the basement utility room and found the security equipment. It obviously had never been used since an instruction pamphlet was taped over the controls. He had expected a bare-boned system installed merely as an appeal to prospective buyers, but it was surprisingly sophisticated. Rather than merely sending an electronic report to the central office that a break-in had occurred, it actually would send a video picture, cutting down on expensive and disturbing false alarms.

It turned out that three rooms were covered: first, the living room which a robber would likely go through, second, the office or study where expensive computers or a safe might be located and, finally, the bedroom where jewelry would be found. "My god, I didn't even know that we had cameras in the house! This certainly sounds like overkill! Let's look at the settings and see how this thing works.