Ann: The Married Years Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What? Really?"

"Yes."

"Just one?"

"Yes."

"I... I don't understand."

"It's a ticket to California, babe. I'm flying you out for two weeks the next time I go to third shift. You'll be staying with Dana and Chad."

"You're kidding. Just me?"

"Well I have to work, Ann. Besides, it's less expensive if just one of us goes, and I know how much you miss California. They'll pick you up, and Chad's going to get you a car to drive while you're out there."

"I don't believe it. You'd really let me go by myself."

"Of course. I know how you don't care for when I'm on third anyway, especially in the winter. This will cut a couple of weeks off of that. Plus, it will be a little nicer there. And, you'll get to see all of your friends."

"Our friends," she corrected.

"You're right, they're our friends. But I know how hard this has been for you, and I wanted you to know that I know how much you've sacrificed to live here for my career."

"Neil, I like it here. Have I made you think I haven't?"

"The phone calls tell me how much you miss it Ann. I never said you didn't like it here, and no, you haven't said or done anything to make me think you don't. But the calls don't lie."

"Are... you mad about all the calls I make?" she asked, her eyes showing her nervousness.

He smiled, shaking his head. "No, babe. I told you from day one, make all the calls you want and we'll figure out how to pay for them. I'm glad you call, and I'm glad you're still close to them. All of this is just my way of telling you that I want you to stay close to them, and I know that sometimes that's going to take more than a phone call."

She started crying, her smile beaming as she fell into his arms. "Oh my God! I love you soooooo much!" she whispered.

"I love you too, Ann. Happy Anniversary."