Anna and Ramone Ch. 03

Story Info
Friends fall in love & discover home is where the heart is.
1.8k words
3.73
10.5k
0
1

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/30/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey guys, thanks for reading the series and for your comments and votes! This chapter is shorter than the previous two. The next chapter will be up shortly and will be longer than this one. Enjoy reading and keep the comments/votes coming in!

Tabzwnjk

*******************************************

"Well it's about time you got back home", Ramone said.

Anna jumped at the sound of his voice. She'd spent the whole day with Jamie and all she wanted was to get home and sleep.

"What are you doing outside my door?"

"Well I thought I'd come and see how you were doing but you look fine to me".

"Look I'm sorry about last night. Let's just forget about it".

He sighed and nodded his headed in agreement.

"Before I forget, I came by your office today and Malcolm said you were out for lunch".

"Oh yes, Judy from college rang me this morning to say she was in the area and if I fancied catching up, so I went to meet her for lunch at the café", she lied.

There was a long pause in which Anna was convinced Ramone could tell she was lying. Her heart was beating a lot faster and little beads of sweat were beginning to appear on her forehead.

"I see, how is she anyway?"

"She's fine", she replied tersely.

"Do you know how long she's in town for? Maybe I could catch up with her as well?"

"Sorry but she's gone back home".

"That's a shame, isn't it?"

"Yes, it's a big shame."

"How did your meeting go today?"

"It went fine."

"Just fine? Not great, fabulous, splendid..."

"Ramone..." she said as she cut him off.

He paused and looked down at her. The light in the hallway had made her eyes look a lot bigger and he couldn't help feeling as though he was drowning when he looked into her eyes. His eyes darted down to her lips which were slightly parted. Her lips were just right, not too thin and not too plump. In his opinion they were perfect for kissing. She began nibbling her lower lip and his thoughts took on a more graphic trail.

"Look Ramone, I'm really tired and need to get some rest," she said.

He looked up startled and sighed again. His desires would have to wait.

"I'm sorry Anna. It's been a long day and you look beat, so I'll go and let you get some rest."

Ramone leaned over to hug her and for a brief moment she hesitated. She hoped he didn't notice her hesitation but it quickly became obvious that he'd noticed and he recoiled from her.

"I'm sorry Ramone," Anna began.

Ramone looked at her with sad eyes and turned away. She called out to him and he continued to walk away from her. She thought about following him but instead went into her apartment. She walked into the sound of the phone ringing. She rushed to answer it, hoping that it was Ramone.

"Hello," she answered breathlessly.

"Guess who?"

"Err...Jamie?"

"Nailed it in one"

"How did you get my number?"

"Well I rang your office and they gave it to me after some persuasion on my part."

Anna made a mental note to berate whoever gave him her number.

"Anyway Anna, I just wanted to ask what your plans for dinner tomorrow night were."

"To tell you the truth Jamie, I don't think seeing each other is going to be a good idea."

There was a long silence and they could hear each other breathing tensely over the phone.

"Well, we might as well make the effort seeing as I'm going to be working closely with you over the next year."

"What do you mean?" Anna asked. "Oh my goodness, did we get the contract for your company?"

"Well, you might have done," he chuckled.

"Come on Jamie, tell me!" she pleaded.

"Come to dinner with me tomorrow night and I'll tell you everything you want to know," he said as his voice became more husky and his tone a lot less teasing.

Anna swirled her hair in her fingers as she thought about what he'd asked. Back when they were dating, he'd used similar statements as insinuations for more intimate communication. She couldn't help blushing when she began remembering their time together in between the sheets.

"Well..." she began. Her voice sounded too husky, so she cleared it before attempting to speak again.

"Well what Anna," he responded.

"I don't know Jamie. Look I'm really tired and I just want to get some sleep."

"I won't let you go until you say yes."

"Then I'll hang up," she responded, enjoying the light banter.

"In that case, I'll keep ringing you non-stop and if that doesn't work, I'll drive to yours and wake you up with consistent knocking."

"Fine, I give up."

"Good, I'll pick you up at 8 then. Goodnight Anna," he said.

He hung up before she could say 'goodnight'. Anna stared at the phone for a minute and then a slow smile spread across her face. She had a dinner date with Jamie Childs. She squealed with happiness as she got ready for bed. For the first time in a while, she slept soundly.

***************************

Ramone had a difficult time sleeping. He kept tossing and turning imagining Anna and Jamie together. When he wasn't doing that, he was thinking of how sexy Anna looked when she nibbled her lower lip. He groaned and got up. He walked to the kitchen with an impressing erection and desperately tried to think of anything but Anna.

The first thing he saw when he was about to open the fridge was a picture of him and Anna drenched after coming of a water-slide at a theme park. He was knocked back with the realisation that Anna's top was almost see-through. 'Why didn't I notice that before?' he berated himself.

He got out some milk and cookies and sat at the kitchen table trying to read a newspaper. No matter what he did, the image of Anna looking sensual remained with him. He finished his midnight snack and crawled back into bed.

***************************

The next morning Anna woke up to a bright sunny day. As she lay in bed, she thought back to her short conversation with Jamie and smiled. Almost as soon as she smiled, she thought of her talk with Ramone. Things weren't going well for them and it was all her fault. Or so she thought. He'd seemed so withdrawn from her. 'Ah well, I'll ring him later', she thought.

She had a shower and got dressed. She was pouring some cereal when there was a knock on her door. 'I wonder who it could be', she thought. She walked over to the door and without looking through the peephole, she opened the door.

"Surprise," said Jamie.

"Hi," Anna replied reluctantly.

"I was in the neighbourhood..."

"Are you sure?"

"Well...no I wasn't, but I wanted you to have these."

Jamie reached behind and presented Anna with a bouquet. It was arrayed with her favourite flowers - lilies, daffodils and a sunflower in the middle. She couldn't help blushing as she took the flowers and welcomed him in.

"It's a nice place you've got here Anna," he remarked.

"Thanks, it's just a little place of comfort."

"It's certainly a lot more homely than my house is. Maybe you should come by sometime and take a look to see what I'm missing."

He had moved closer to her and Anna could feel her heart beating fast. 'This can't be happening', she thought. Jamie reached over and moved a strand of hair from her face and cupped her face into his hands.

"So, are we on for dinner today or do I have to beg?"

She backed away from him and cleared her throat before responding.

"I don't know Jamie."

"But you said yes last night."

"I was tired and didn't know what I was saying, but what I really meant to say was no."

"Give me a reason as to why we can't go out to dinner together."

"Well, it's not good to relive the past."

"Who said we'd be reliving? Maybe we should use the time we have to build something new and fresh."

"You can't do that because it's impossible to erase all the memories."

"You're right, because my feelings for you remain just as strong."

"How can that be so? You left me Jamie. If I remember correctly, you said that I didn't fit in with your plans for the future. What's changed now? What's different?"

Jamie couldn't help but notice how fiery she was looking at the moment. She used to look just like that when they were in high school. When she was defending her case, she always got the fiery look in her eyes that she had now.

"What's different Anna is I am. I was a stupid boy when I left but I'm a man now and would like a chance to prove that I may be worthy of you. I know I hurt you by brushing you away like you didn't matter, but the truth is that you've always mattered to me. Seeing you here now, in the flesh, brings back memories of all the times we shared – good and bad. I just want to start afresh. I want to know what makes you smile, what makes you cry. I just want another chance with you. Please Anna," he said.

Anna blinked and was surprised to realise that she had tears in her eyes – tears that were now streaming down her face. She looked at Jamie and she saw the boy she'd fallen in love with – the boy who bought her a musical jewellery box for her 10th birthday. She was brought back to the present when he reached across to wipe her tears away. She wanted him but didn't love him. It made it even more difficult to ascertain why she was crying if she wasn't in love with him. Maybe she could grow to love him, she thought. After all, he was a great guy with an amazing job. Who wouldn't want to be his? She looked at him and made her decision. She was going to try.

"Okay", she whispered.

"Okay? You'll give me a chance?"

He whooped for joy when she nodded her head.

"Oh Anna, you don't know how happy you've made me," he said with a smile.

He looked at her face, smiling up at him and his heart clenched at the image. This amazing woman was now almost his. He decided that he'd make her his and never let her go. He cupped her face into his hands again and leaned in for a kiss. He paused when he was halfway and waited to see if she'd meet him halfway. She did.

The kiss was everything a first kiss should be, although in their case it wasn't their first kiss. It was a soft, tender kiss filled with exploration and yearning. It wasn't a long kiss, but it was what they both needed. A kiss that promised a new beginning.