Anna and the Librarian

Story Info
Anna finds more than just books in the library.
26.1k words
4.67
25.1k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright © April 2022 by CiaoSteve

CiaoSteve reserves the right to be identified as the author of this work. This story cannot be published, as a whole or in part, without the express agreement of the author other than the use of brief extracts as part of a story review.

This is a work of fiction. The events described here are imaginary; the settings and characters are fictitious and are not intended to represent specific places or living persons.

Author's Notes

This is an entry for the "On the Job Challenge 2022"

I will submit the story as Lesbian, as it is really a tale of one young woman discovering her true self in a most unexpected location. That said, do please note that there is a heterosexual sex scene and suggestions of a more dominant lifestyle within the storyline. Intentionally the tale is not all about the sex and does take a while to reach its carnal climax.

Hope you enjoy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

One

The present day -- my third year at university, somewhere at the start of the Easter holidays.

For the first time, I was staying away these holidays. In the two-and-a-bit years I'd been at university, without fail, I came home at the end of term. It was so nice to see my parents again, to be looked after, to feel like a cherished guest in my own home. This time though, it couldn't have been further from my mind.

So, what had changed?

On the outside, nothing at all. I was still the same Anna who had taken those tentative first steps towards a higher education. I hadn't shaken off the girl next door looks, nor the introvert, innocent, butter wouldn't melt in your mouth character. My hair was still the same straight blonde locks--yes, they were natural, and yes, if you really wanted to know, the rug matched the curtains--cascading down to mid-shoulder. It was a throwback to my Scandinavian ancestry and seemed to further highlight my striking blue eyes. I didn't even go much for make-up, preferring muted natural hues to anything brazen or slutty. Why should I?

I was the same young Anna who had headed off to university all that time ago. The only difference was a couple of years, both in age and wisdom, not that you noticed.

But that was the problem. Heads turned wherever I went. I hadn't courted the attention, nor even gone looking for love, but for sure it came looking for me. I would sit down and ask myself... why? It wasn't like I had those seductive womanly curves; those wide hips perfect for taking a firm grip on, the tiny hourglass waist, the voluptuous full bust.

Okay, so I could tick one of those boxes in that I had a thin waist, to go with my petite slim frame, but curves? What a laugh. Not at all. I was as straight as they came; five foot four of pale-skinned twenty-year-old blonde, with hardly noticeable hips, legs which weren't even muscular enough to come together at the tops, and tits... well, suffice to say, my tiny A-cups barely registered underneath whatever top I choose to wear. The latter though did come with some benefits, as I could easily dispense with the bra and have no issues about keeping them under control.

It wasn't like I dressed to impress, either. I could do smart when I needed to, and even girly when I wanted to, but my go-to was casual. Loose tops and baggy jeans, usually ripped at the knee, suited me down to the ground. If it wasn't the jeans, then I'd turn to leggings, or on the odd occasion I wanted to be more feminine it would be short but loose-fitting skirts. The one thing my wardrobe had in common, well most of it, was comfort.

I was always amazed by the number of would-be courtiers. What did they see in plain young Anna? Whatever it was, I didn't care. They could look. They could make their idle small talk, their corny chat-up lines, but this young woman wasn't interested, not then and for sure not now. I didn't go to university to find love. I went to get an education.

It was not like I didn't want love though. I always told myself that one day I would find somebody who would make me happy. It was just... well... I wasn't exactly rushing to make it happen... at least that's how I had started off.

So, what had changed?

God, it was so embarrassing.

I never planned for it.

Things happened, and I just needed to know.

The question, to which I now had a clear answer, was so simple. Who was this girl-next-door blonde? Who was Anna Johanssen?

I am still smiling now. Oh yes, I found out who I was, in the most unexpected of places. On the outside I may have been the same girl who went off to university, but deep inside I was now a most different young woman.

My heart pounded.

I was on edge, but my nerves were fuelled by excitement rather than anxiety, anticipation rather than uncertainty.

I had a purpose to stay, and I was going to make the most of every moment, starting from this very evening. Yes, Anna Johanssen had a date and, yes, Anna Johanssen couldn't wait to meet her lover once more.

My parents would understand, wouldn't they? It was my father who had suggested that 'All work and no play, makes Anna a dull girl.'

I had worked hard, and now I was looking forward to playing harder.

Was Anna a dull girl?

I so hoped not. Whilst I preferred my baggy, loose-fitting comfort, there were times when something different fitted the bill, and tonight was just one of those times. For the love in my life, I wanted to show a different Anna. I wanted to show my lover the woman I had discovered inside, the woman I was becoming.

I wanted to prove I had learned much at university, both academically and personally.

They said if you felt good on the inside, you'd feel good all over, and yes, I felt so good. I stared at myself in the mirror. The coral pink of my stretch halter neck bralette and matching high-leg knickers looked wonderful against my naturally pale skin.

Was it the colour I loved so much, or was it the way the soft fabric clung snuggly to my petite frame, or even the almost see-through nature of the fine mesh? I didn't have much up top, but what I did have was moulded into tantalisingly perfect mounds, rather than being hidden away. The knickers were just the same, clinging to my hips, offering a glance of soft blonde bush beneath, and framing the most obvious couple of inches of thigh gap.

I couldn't wait to show my lover, but there was no way I was heading out like this, however sexy they made me feel. It was time to cover up. I pulled a soft white fluffy jumper down over my shoulders, before easing a black leather-look above-the-knee-length full skirt up and over my hips. The two never quite met, leaving a teasing inch or so of pale flesh on show. I slipped my feet into heeled ankle-length boots, in the vain hope of making me look a little taller than my diminutive five foot something.

Dressed, I turned my attention to my face. Carefully I applied a deeper red tone of lipstick, adding just a hint of sultry warmth to my innocent looks. Once more, I glanced in the mirror, and smiled. Oh yes, Anna Johanssen, you do scrub up well when you want to.

I heard a car horn outside, and knew my lift was here. I shouldn't keep my lover waiting, but I wasn't quite ready yet.

I reached out for the box on top of my dressing table, opened it, and removed the black choker from inside. It was such a simple piece of jewellery; a single thin band of soft leather, with the daintiest of silver rings hanging down at the front.

It may have been simple, but it meant so much. It had been a gift. The last time we had been together, my lover had given it to me before we parted, and with it came a message, a simple clear message. I may have forgotten the exact words, but I could never forget what it had meant.

'I think we want the same, but it is your decision to make. You don't need to say anything. What you choose to wear will give me your answer. And, you know I'll always be there for you, my sweet little Anna, whatever you decide.'

Decide? What was there to Decide? Without hesitation, I wrapped the choker around my neck and fixed the clasp at the back.

I was ready.

Anna Johanssen had a date, and Anna Johanssen couldn't wait to be with her lover once more.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Two

Two-and-a-bit years earlier - my first day at university, and the start of the rest of my life.

I had been the first from my family to ever go off to university. It had been a massive thing, in many ways. My parents never had the opportunity I found myself with. Both had gone straight from school to the workplace, the need for money outweighing the need for a higher education. Don't get the wrong idea. My parents had done well for themselves, and I didn't want for anything, but I never forgot the humble beginnings they had come from, nor the efforts they had put in to get where they now were.

It had been a four-hour drive to the university, a distance which seemed like forever, and to a young woman who had never stayed away from home seemed like it was the other side of the world. It wasn't, but for sure it was far enough away for me to have no choice but to fend for myself. There was no nipping back home for a sneaky hot meal.

By the time we pulled into the university car park, I was starting to feel unsure about the whole idea. The nerves had set in, and as I climbed out of the car, I realised there was no turning back.

It was a busy day, as you might have expected for the main fresher's weekend. The car park was full, cars being rapidly emptied as students set about on a life of independence. There were those who exuded confidence, who couldn't wait to see the back of home. There were others who had a nonchalant, 'whatever' attitude to proceedings. Then there were some, like Anna herself, who wanted to fade into the background, like a bulb in winter, disappearing then appearing once more when spring comes, bursting into life with a flourish.

They were all here, and, in my mind, they were all staring at me. I didn't know what to think. Part of me wanted to curl up into a ball and shrink away inside my baggy jumper. Another part wanted to snap back at them in a 'haven't you got anything better to stare at' sort of way. Never once did I consider the other possibility; that it was my Scandinavian good looks--yes, I had inherited my blonde hair and blue eyes from across the North Sea, even though I had never been there--which was catching their attention.

It was something I was going to have to get used to, and get used to quickly, but now just wasn't the right time. All I wanted to do was get unpacked and see my parents on their way back home.

Imagine my surprise when suddenly I had company.

"Richard," he said, "but most people call me Rich. Can I give you a hand... Miss..."

Rich's words tailed off, in an obvious hint that he wanted a response. At first, I did nothing but stare at the lad. He must have been six foot plus, with rugged good looks, and the physique which would have put him in the rowing team, or even the rugby team.

"Errm..." I started, wondering quite how to respond.

"Here, let me take a bag or three," Rich continued, reaching out towards the luggage in the boot of the car.

"Anna," I finally responded. "Anna Johanssen," I added as if to make it a bit more formal.

"Well, Anna Johanssen, it's a pleasure to meet you. Now, where are we taking these?" Rich continued.

"Errm... Derwent," I answered.

"Good choice," Rich responded. "Derwent is home for me too."

Well... what was a young woman to do? An extra pair of hands would get the job done quicker, and then I could start on my whole new adventure. Okay... I had to admit that Rich was just a bit dishy, but not in that sort of way. My only thought was that it would be good to have somebody you knew, especially in these first few weeks.

A few hours later, I was back in the car park, this time alone with my parents. It was time to say goodbye, time to set my best foot forward and start fending for myself.

I never forgot the promise I made to my parents as I bid them farewell.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine, and I'm going to learn so much," I said, hugging my mother, a tear coming to my eye. "Trust me, I'm going to make you proud."

It was as I hugged my father that he whispered in my ear, loud enough to be audible, but soft enough that only I heard the words.

"All work and no play, makes Anna a dull girl," he whispered. "Study hard, but make sure to enjoy yourself at the same time. Make sure to learn as much about you, as you do about your course."

That was the other reason it was such a massive thing. I had never left home before, well not in this way. I was an only child, the jewel in my parent's eyes. They doted after me, everything laid on a plate, leaving nothing to be wanted. This... this was the opportunity for me to get some independence, to have to fend for myself, to have to survive. I guessed that's what my father had meant when he suggested I would learn so much about myself.

I watched my parents pull out of the car park, then disappear into the distance.

I was alone.

I was about to start the rest of my life.

I would be fine, I told myself, as I walked off towards halls. I already had one friend, and no doubt I would be making plenty more in the years to come.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Three

Back to my third year - somewhere in the middle of the first term.

At the time I didn't know it, but my father had been so right. These years at university were going to teach me so much, and I was going to make the most of learning. By the start of my third year out of four, I had very much concentrated on the academic learning. The degree, a Masters in Physics, was going so well. I had even been predicted a first if I kept the work up. It was more than I had ever hoped for, and I couldn't imagine things going any better.

I guessed it wasn't really a surprise, if you considered the effort I had put into my studies, the dedication to making it happen. I had never let my parents down. When I wasn't in lectures, there was only one place I could be found, and that was the library. It was my go-to place, the hideaway where I made sure to learn as much as I could.

My father had been right too. If I had learnt a lot about my subject, I had made sure to have some time to enjoy myself along the way.

No... not like that.

I was still with Rich. In fact, we had been living together ever since I had moved out of halls. It seemed the obvious choice, somebody I knew, somebody I liked, somebody I trusted... oh yes, and his girlfriend, Abigail, or Abi to friends. They came as a couple, but I didn't mind, and for sure I wasn't jealous. There were awkward moments, but not too many.

For anyone looking, we weren't exactly an obvious match. I was the shy one, the quiet one, the studious one, the total opposite of my housemates. Rich and Abi were loud, brash, and oozing self-confidence. I had been right. You know what they say about first impressions. It turned out that Rich was in the university rugby team. Abi? Well... enough to say that Abi saw herself as Rich's personal cheerleader. We'd been thrown together, by accident, during fresher's week, and one thing had led to another, had led to a lasting friendship.

We'd spent the last year and a bit living together in a rather run down, but quite practical, student house. It had three bedrooms, all decent in size, but only two tended to get any use. Yes, Rich and Abi really were together, in a most physical sense, and yes, they were just as enthusiastic in love as they were in life. I didn't mind. If the downside of having them as friends was listening in on a noisy sex life, then I had gotten used to it.

I'd never had my own boyfriend per se--yes, there were friends who were boys, but I had never felt the need, nor inclination, to go beyond first base. I was happy to be plain young Anna, knowing my time would come when I was good and ready. When it came to Rich and Abi, I was happy for the two of them also. They had each other, and I knew it was only a matter of time before I too found the person of my own dreams. That said, it still wasn't exactly top of my list of things to do. I wasn't putting it off... I just hadn't... well... I hadn't found the man yet who would sweep me off my feet, setting my pulse a racing, having my heart a pounding.

Sometimes I did wonder, usually as I lay in bed listening to the goings on in the room next door, what it would be like. That's all it was though, wonderings. I'd never gone any further. Okay, so that was a lie. I did get drunk once, with a guy called Kevin. He was sweet, but it was more the alcohol taking over than anything else. We kissed. We canoodled. I even let him fondle my tiny breasts, through my top of course, but when he tried to go further, I called time on the evening. The earth hadn't moved for me then, and it still wasn't moving now.

I was in no rush, yet still I wondered what it would be like, and when I wondered about something for long enough, I usually found myself in the library, with my head in a book.

It was a Friday evening, a time when most would be off enjoying themselves. Abi had invited me out with Rich and herself, but you know what it's like sometimes. Two's company, and three's... well, I wasn't up for playing gooseberry this evening, even if they had the best of intentions. Oh, and yes, as time went on, they did tend to start matching me up, whether I wanted to be matched or not. They meant well, but I could do without it. How could I tell them, though? The last thing I wanted was to upset my best friends.

Giving this night a miss suited me though, as I had an important assignment to get in by the following week. Yes, that was the life of a would-be scientist, non-stop lectures, assignments, and practicals. I wasn't sure they appreciated it, but Rich with his Phys-ed degree and Abi with her languages, didn't half have it easy.

The library was quiet, perfect for getting your head down, and before I knew it one hour had become two and was now verging on three. I would have stayed there all night, but for a polite interruption.

"Not got anywhere else to be?" came a female voice from one side of the table I was now calling home.

It came as no surprise to see the librarian standing at the side of me. I knew this librarian--not personally, nor by name, but I knew her reputation. She was the youngest of the staff, and somehow the most intimidating. I didn't know what it was, but when this one was about, everybody behaved. You'd see the power in the way she dressed. You'd sense the tap, tap, tap of her heels on the tiled floor, long before you caught sight of her. You'd hear the tuts and shushes, then the inevitable silence, as all in earshot obeyed her every command.

You normally kept your head down when she was around, doing your best to avoid whatever ire was coming next. It was like... now that was it, I wasn't sure what it was like. Did she hate her job so much that she took it out on all and sundry? Did she love her job to the point where she couldn't abide anyone breaking her view of perfection? Did she just get a thing out of the whole dominance and control thing, and the job was simply a means to an end? I didn't know, but by now she was standing in front of me, and I was a bag of nerves as I wondered just what she was going to say next.

I glanced at my watch. It was near to closing time, but I hadn't yet outstayed my welcome, had I?

"Are you shutting?" I asked, a nervous edge to my question.

"No, not yet" came a surprisingly friendly reply. "You've got fifteen minutes. I just... sorry, how rude of me... I'm Natalia."

123456...8