Another Day in the Life Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mr. Ridley," said Theo, changing the tack of the conversation, "you've been taking rather small commissions on your sales, have you not?"

"No." said Ridley. "I just have some of it deferred into a trust, for tax reasons."

"And to keep the money out of your wife's hands when the divorce hits." said Joanne, meaning it as it sounded: as an accusation.

"You better believe it." said Ridley smartly. "And it's all legal."

"You've been doing that for years." said Joanne. "You had to set up the trust before you got married; otherwise, Patricia could claim part of it in settlement and in the alimony calculation. You've been considering divorcing her even before you married her haven't you?"

"In today's world, Detective," said Ridley, "that's what one does. It's like insurance, or a pre-nuptial agreement... you hope you never have to use it, but you're damn glad when you do have to resort to it. I knew it was possible that Patricia and I would divorce, so I made that arrangement. If she was smart, she would've made one, too."

"Did she?" asked Theo.

"Not to my knowledge." said Ridley. "She wouldn't sign a pre-nup, either... that's why I started the trust in the first place..."

Part 12 - Undercovers Investigations

Meanwhile...

The master bedroom of The Cabin was filled with moans and the soft slurps of a hot couple deeply kissing. My tongue was exploring Adele Peabody's mouth, and she was sucking my tongue with urgent ardor. We were lying together on the bed, our hands exploring each other's naked bodies as we made out like a pair of sex-starved teenagers.

Mrs. Peabody lifted her luscious legs and pulled them back as I settled between them. My throbbing, iron-hard cock found her swollen labes and I teased her with long dryhumping strokes, sliding my taut shaft along her slick, flowering slit as she moaned in both pleasure and frustration.

"Mmmmf!" she gasped, then broke our deep kiss. "Put that thing into me, baby!" she ordered. "I've got to have you inside me!" I lifted my hips as I nuzzled her neck, and as my cockhead settled into her flowering labes, she raised up in perfect timing to capture it as I shoved my hard ass forward.

"Ohhhh, yesssss..." Adele moaned as I sank into her, balls-deep in pleasure, until our pelvises met. We ground together as Adele began pushing her hips and ass up to me in quick, jerky movements, desperately eager to be fucked. I was more than happy to oblige her.

"Unnh... ohhhh... unnnh... oh yeah... fuck me!" Mrs. Peabody gasped as I began plunging into her with short, deep thrusts, driving in to the hilt with each undulation of my hips and ass. Adele gripped my ass in her hands, trying to force me into a faster rhythm, but I held back, fucking her at a deep, leisurely pace, driving her mad with pleasure. I could hear in her gasps as well as feel in the movements of her magnificent body that the sexual tension was rising in her like a volcano. This woman wanted to be fucked!

"Oh, Don.... fuck me, fuck me! I've got to have that cock!" she gasped. "Come on, fuck me with that iron hard cock! Give it to me!"

Having a lusting woman squirming underneath me, begging me to fuck the living shit out of her, was pretty damn hot. I continued to drive into her, harder, just a bit faster, deeper if that was possible. I raised up into a pushup position, seeing the dirty-blonde MILF lying below me, seeing her big breast jiggling with each powerful thrust into her, feeling her legs sliding up and around my body, locking me down in a tight grip. The feeling of those legs around me was intensely pleasurable, and I began plowing her furrow with all the raw power I could muster.

"Oh yeah!" the beautiful, sophisticated woman gasped as she was transformed into a rutting bitch in heat. "Oh, I'm coming.. Oh yeah... OH YES! OH MY GOD! YES! UHHH! UHHH! UHHH!"

Adele's cunt clasped me like a vise, and I just pushed into her harder and harder to keep from being squeezed out, though I knew that wasn't going to happen. I gave her no time to recover; I smashed my mouth down onto hers in a hard kiss, my tongue searching for her throat. I felt my nut rising, the painful ecstasy building and building until it exploded inside me.

"MMMF! MMMMF!" I gasped into Adele's mouth, kissing her even harder if that were possible. The lovely woman pushed her pussy harder onto my cock as she absorbed the spurts of semen firing into her, her body eager to host my sperm...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The lassitude of our post-coital bliss lasted a long time as we held each other, sharing deep, warm kisses as we lay side to side, my left leg over hers, and her right leg over my hip as I held her in my arms.

"Mmmm," Adele moaned as she broke the kiss and settled her forehead on my chest. "That was so, so good..." I kissed her forehead.

"Yes, it was." I said. "I think you needed that."

"I always need your cock inside me, Don." Adele admitted. "I could get it every day, and it would not be enough."

"We'll have to get together more often." I said. "But we have to be careful not to be seen together too much."

"Why?" asked Adele. "Think someone would tell your wife?"

"Like she doesn't already know." I said, knowing that Adele knew I told Laura about my couplings with the lovely MILF Intendent. "No, I'm more worried you'll be 'outed' as my source of information."

"Don't worry about that." Adele said. "We're careful, and somebody would have to be damn good to connect what I tell you to what you do with the information. So... what do you want to hear about now?"

"The D.A. race." I said.

Adele pinched me lightly as she said "I'm not surprised. I've heard rumors that Krasney is going to try some dirty tricks to get re-elected. He's been really digging up the dirt on Paulina and Jenna, though there's little there. I did hear that Krasney thinks he can humiliate Paulina into dropping out of the race, by having proxies gin up stuff about her. I don't know what could cause that to happen, though."

I did, I thought to myself. But I said nothing as Adele continued: "Anyway, he's also been in contact with the Independent State Counsel, Mullen, even though it's not a done deal until Thursday. Krasney is giving Mullen everything he can get ahold of on you. I think Krasney knows that his only shot at D.A. is to get you out of the way."

"I don't know why." I said. "I and my Police Force giving him easy prosecutions are about the only positive thing he has to run on."

"He's a fool." said Adele. "But he's not as bad as some. Loran Michaels... he's a snake in the apple tree. Pretends to be your friend, while stabbing you in the back. But his feelings towards you personally aren't that bad. It's Daniel Allgood he hates with a passion. And Susan Weston... I think she's still loyal to the TCPD, and she knows you have the TCPD's interests at heart. But she still hates some of your subordinates in the Force, so look out for that."

"I will." I said. "So... what about this Mullen probe? Anybody besides Krasney feeding Mullen information?"

"Every person leaning Democrat in the County has either given him what they can gin up, or will be soon. Della Harlow is eager to 'feed the pig' on that one, though she has nothing that Mullen didn't already have from his time with the Town & County I.G.'s office. But..." She stopped, and I could feel the nervous tension in her body.

"But... what?" I asked.

"Don..." Adele said, looking up into my eyes. "Take this Mullen probe seriously. There are a lot of State-level politicians, big-time politicians, that think this may be their only chance to get you. And they want to get you very, very badly. They will do whatever it takes, including a frame-up, to get you out, then get Governor Jared out. They are literally going all-in with this one. If this fails... the only recourse left to them is to assassinate you and the Governor. You've survived a lot to this point... but there will come a time when they literally will have an Army battalion's worth of guns shooting at you... you can't possibly survive them all."

"We'll see about that." I replied. I kissed Adele's forehead again. "Don't worry, I'm free to fight back against them. And I have 'Friends', as well."

"Seriously, Don... be careful." Adele said. I could feel the slight tremble in her body, and knew that it was her fear... for me...

Part 13 - Family and Succession

3:40pm, Tuesday, April 17th. When I came into Police Headquarters, the Patrolman at the side entrance asked me to alert the Chief that I was back, and that the Chief would call me into his office at some point in time. I said okay, then asked "Patrolman... how's morale in the Force these days?"

"Good, sir." said the Patrolman. "But sir, we're all worried about this Independent State Counsel messing with you."

"Pass the word that I am not worried about that." I said. "And neither should the Police Force be. Keep up the good work." With that, I headed down to my office, put the red crowbar in the hooks under my desk where I kept it, emailed the Chief that I was back in my office, and went to work on my email inbox. Paperwork never stops.

Moments later, I noticed Captain Ross pass by my office, going towards the Chief's office. And then I got the call to go to his office. It's showtime, I thought to myself with a smile.

Going into the Chief's office, I saw Cindy already sitting in one of the chairs, trying hard to not look at me. The Chief was in his chair behind his desk. "Come in, Mr. Crowbar!" he said jovially. "We've got a Council meeting to discuss."

"Yes sir, we do." I said. I went up to Cindy and said, "So... are congratulations in order...Commander Ross?"

"I told you he knew." Cindy said to the Chief, a wry smile on her face.

"Of course he knew." said the Chief. "He's the best Detective in our world."

"Stand up so I can give you a hug." I said to Cindy. She stood up and we hugged warmly. Then we sat down. "So you decided to do it, for sure?" I asked her.

"Yes." Cindy said. "I told the Chief earlier today while you were out."

"And I trust that you have no objection to the promotion, Mr. Crowbar?" asked the Chief.

"Of course I do." I said with a grin. "I selfishly do not want to lose my Captain of Detectives."

"Of course you do." said Cindy. "You're not dealing with an Agency of the Weak-Minded, you know." I laughed out loud at that one.

"Seriously, I am very happy for you for taking this step." I said. "You deserve it."

"Soooooo." said the Chief. "This will leave some gaps in our leadership. What do you propose to do about them, Mr. Crowbar."

"Who do you think should succeed you, Captain Ross?" I asked.

"I would urge you to have no one between yourself and the Detectives, sir." said Cindy. "You can teach them, directly supervise MCD. Mary's kicking ass and dropping the names in Vice; you only have to trust her and them to get that side of it done."

I nodded. "And the MCD Detectives are pretty self-motivated. All they need is adult supervision." I said, the last part jokingly.

"So, if Miss Ross did not tell you she was considering applying for the Deputy Chief job, Commander..." asked the Chief. "How did you know? And how did you know he knew, Ms. Ross?"

"Observation, deduction, and knowledge, Chief." I said. "Her going back to school was a big clue."

"I think I realized he knew when we were talking to Myron about the structural changes." said Cindy. "Don would never agree to them if he didn't know what was coming."

"Touché." I replied, then turned to the Chief and said "She's right, you know."

"Okay, then." said the Chief. "If the Council approves the changes, then we'll begin the transition immediately. But we'll keep it quiet until May 1st. So, where will your office be, Ms. Ross?"

"Uhh...." Cindy started, then said "You know, I haven't even thought of that. I guess I do have to vacate my current one."

"Yes." I said. "Yes you do. May I suggest the empty office next to mine?"

"You think Paulina will never be back?" Cindy asked.

"If she does come back, she can take one of the offices on the other side of the Main Conference Room." I said. "Originally, the Chief's Conference room and the room on the other side of the Chief's office were meant to be for the two Commander positions... which no one thought would ever be filled. But I'm not leaving my current office until they force me to succeed Chief Moynahan as Chief... and may that not happen for a long, long time... so you can take Paulina's old office and provide adult supervision for your rowdy Police Commander... when she takes over after I get indicted, of course."

"Don't even joke about that!" Cindy said darkly. "And we both know if they succeed in getting rid of you, there'll be two vacancies in that office suite."

"I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that." said Chief Moynahan. "But we shall burn those bridges when we come to them, to intentionally mix my metaphors. Okay, y'all go to work, and I'll buy you both dinner before we go to the Council meeting tonight..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As I got back to my office, Detective Warner came in (after knocking), carrying a laptop computer... which I recognized as her CIA computer.

"Sir," she asked, "can I borrow your secure connection for a few minutes?"

"Absolutely!" I said happily as I stood up. "I have been waiting for you to come in and make that request!" Seeing her quizzical look, I said, "Of course I've been hoping you'll use every tool available to you to gather information. And you'll be able to get some stuff on Escandes through your Company connections. Here, come sit behind my desk here."

"Sir, I can't do that." Joanne said. "I'll just sit over on this side..."

"Detective Warner, come over here and sit yourself down." I said. "That is not a request." Joanne came over and sat down in my 'Command Chair', and plugged her computer into the secure line, then plugged the jump drive she'd need into its slot before powering up the laptop.

"How does the Command Chair feel?" I asked.

"It's very comfortable, sir," said Joanne, "but that's a lot of lumbar support in the back of it."

"I cannot begin to tell you how much it helps." I said. "Okay, I'll leave you to your research... Commander Warner." Joanne laughed at that, though a bit nervously. I went to Cindy's office, and entered after knocking and hearing her say "Come in!"

"Mind if I hang out here for a moment, Commander Ross?" I said. "Joanne is using my secure line in my office."

"Sure." said Cindy. I sat down on the love seat sofa. "So," she said, "they're going to renovate Paulina's office... new carpet, paint, the works. They're going to lay down carpet in your room and the anteroom while they're at it, so you'll be displaced."

"Have them do mine overnight or over the weekend." I said. "And the safe is bolted to the floor. They'll have to work around it."

"They'll handle it." Cindy said. "So... elephant in the room... are you okay with me applying for the Deputy Chief job?"

"More than okay." I said. "I talked to the Chief about it some time ago, but he let it lapse until you brought it up to him."

"So how did you know?" Cindy asked.

I nodded and leaned back into the sofa as I began: "I see things. I feel things. You've done a great job as Captain of Detectives, but for some reason you are feeling that you're inadequate to the task of teaching the Detectives, or helping solve cases. Again, I think you're doing very well, but if you don't feel it, then it's going to affect you."

I continued: "Also, I realized as you did that being Deputy Chief, and being the XO and dealing with the 'beans and bullets'... to use some military lingo, there... would prepare you for eventually taking over 'The Vision' when your father is ready to hand you the keys to that kingdom. And I think you're right; it will help you, you'll learn a tremendous amount, and you'll see just how capable you are of doing it."

"Last but not least," I said, "you've had to deal with a hell of a lot the past few years. What happened to Jenna, what happened to me, that recent issue with Callie... and, of course, losing the Police Boxing Matches final round twice in a row..." I grinned at that one as a green crowbar was waved in my general direction.

"You're tired, Cindy." I said. "You need a break. So while I'm losing my Captain of Detectives, I think this is going to be great for you. I just hope you won't get bored doing all that paperwork."

Cindy smiled, a pursed smile. "Well... I'd be lying if I didn't admit that everything you just said is the truth. I thought I was moving past what happened to Jenna... but then when Callie was endangered, twice..." she said, referring to Mr. C. as well as Agent 'Warspear', "... it just got to me. It's like that fighter pilot at the beginning of 'Top Gun'... he said he'd lost the edge, and turned in his pilot wings. I'm the same way..."

"And Don..." Cindy continued, trying to not get emotional, "I hope I'm not letting you down. I'd rather slit my belly with Teresa's sword than let you down. I was afraid... that you'd see this as a failure on my part..."

"Nonsense." I said standing up and coming around the desk. "Like I said, you're awesome, and you're doing awesome, and you'll keep on doing awesome." Cindy stood up and I gave her a hug as I said "And I'm very, very proud that you're my cousin, my blood." I felt Cindy hug me harder as the tears spilled from her ice blue eyes.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Find anything?" I asked as Joanne finished up and shut her computer down.

"Yes sir." said Joanne. "I was able to access some of the U.S. Marshals' reports on Escandes. First of all, he contacted them about his identity being compromised. That was some time last week. Then they contacted him and told him to bolt, and he did immediately. The next day the FBI got word that a hit was ordered on him, but the combination of him being aware and extracted already, plus the Mob's strong desire not to enter 'Iron Crowbar country', caused them to not pursue the hit, at least for now."

"Good." I said, very happy to hear that the Mob feared me enough to stay out of my County. "Anything else? What got him compromised?"

"That was more sketchy." said Joanne. "Escandes did make a contact with a minor drug distributor in the City last week, and may have made a transaction. And then he turns around and tells the Marshals that he's been compromised... though he likely did that himself."

"Hmmm, interesting information, there." I said. "Be sure to share it with the MCD and Vice Detectives..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Something's going on, there." said Joanne as the MCD Detectives huddled in front of the whiteboards. "Chief met with Captain Ross, then with both Captain Ross and the Commander."

"They meet all the time." said Teddy Parker.

"Not like that, and the afternoon before the Council Meeting before Promotions Day." said Jerome Davis. "I agree with Joanne... something's up."

"Like you said... promotions." said Parker. "Mary Milton to Lieutenant, someone to Public Relations Officer... I heard it's going to be Precinct Captain Thompson."

"It is." said Jerome, who'd come from Precinct 2, and still had ties there. "But you did not hear me just say that."

"We'll know soon enough, as it is." said Theo. "Let's talk this case. Are we any further along?"

Joanne told them what she'd learned about Escandes.

"Well, that may be where the oxycodone came from." said Theo. "So did he get that oxycodone for Patricia?"

"Maybe." said Joanne. "I don't think we've ever come across anything to show that Dennis or Susan know Paul Escandes at all. And while we're at it... I'll just mention the 800 pound elephant in the room immediately. We don't have a winnable case for any of our suspects."