April's Story Ch. 16

Story Info
April gets tragic news.
2.5k words
4.33
29.9k
2
0

Part 16 of the 40 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 07/19/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Goodhusband
Goodhusband
1,895 Followers

Note: This story is the sixteenth episode in a series entitled "April's Story". If you have not read the previous fifteen episodes of this series, I encourage you do so before beginning this chapter.

This is a dominant wife humiliates submissive husband story. That is the kind of story I write. If you do not enjoy these types of stories, I strongly recommend that you look for something else to read.

This chapter is very sad but I believe it is crucial to the plot of my story. If you are not following this story and are just looking for a short piece of erotica to read, you might want to look at another chapter.

Goodhusband

*

Just before ten o'clock Ponce, Danny and I left the grill. I was going to my biology lab. Ponce and Danny were going to their European History class. When we got to the steps of the Science Hall I kissed both of them and said, "I'll meet you in the Grill at noon. We can have lunch together."

Ponce smiled and said, "We'll be there."

Today's lab assignment was a photosynthesis experiment. It was fun. The two hours passed quickly. I was just starting to clean up my lab station when Ponce, Danny and Mandy came running into the room.

Mandy grabbed me. "April, come with us."

I looked at them. "Why? What's going on. I have to finish writing my lab notes."

Ponce took my hand. "April just leave everything, you have to come with us."

Danny started putting lab equipment away. "April you go with Ponce. Mandy and I will clean up your lab station." He looked at Ponce. "Go, we'll meet you down there as soon as were done here."

Ponce grabbed my arm. "April come with me. I'll explain on the way."

Ponce pulled me out of the Science Hall. His truck was parked in a no parking zone in front of the building.

As soon as we were in his truck Ponce turned to me and said, "April, they took your father to the emergency room at St. Jerome's Hospital. He had a heart attack."

"What? No not my Daddy! Is he okay?"

Ponce put his truck into gear and pulled away from the curb. "I don't know. Apparently he was teaching his class when he collapsed. The Paramedics were called. They took him out of the school on a stretcher and rushed him to the hospital. The principal of his school called the dorm looking for you. Fortunately Mandy was back in your dorm room. Danny and I had just gotten out of class. We were walking to the Grill when she found us.

We pulled into the parking lot next to the hospital emergency room. Ponce and I ran inside and walked straight to the reception desk.

The receptionist behind the desk smiled and said, "Can I help You?" She was wearing a name tag that identified her as Ruth Carson.

"Yes please, I believe that my father, Arthur Hansen was brought in here a little while ago. I was told he had a heart attack."

The receptionist took out a notepad. "What's your name?"

"April Hansen."

She stood up. "Please sit over there. I'll be back in a moment."

The receptionist disappeared through a set of double doors. Ponce and I sat down in the waiting room.

She returned very quickly. A man in a suit was following her. She pointed to Ponce and me. The man walked over to us.

"Ms. Hansen I'm Reverend Simon Morris. I'm the chaplain at St. Jerome's. Will you come with me please."

Ponce and I got up. We followed Reverend Morris into a small sitting room.

Once we were in the room he turned to Ponce. "Are you a friend or a relative?"

"I'm sorry, Reverend Morris this is my boyfriend Marion Poncely."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Poncely." Reverend Morris looked at me. "April your father passed away this morning."

"What?"

"He had a massive heart attack. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital."

I screamed, "NO!"

Ponce put his arms around me and held me while I cried. While I was crying, there was a quiet knock at the door. Reverend Morris opened it.

The receptionist peeked in, "I'm sorry to disturb you, but there are a number of people here asking to see Ms. Hansen."

Reverend Morris looked at me.

I wiped away my tears and smiled at him. "They're friends of ours. Can they come in here?"

"Certainly, Ms Carson would you please show them to this room."

The receptionist disappeared. A moment later the door opened and in walked Mandy, Danny, Darbs, Adam, Tony, Jake, Jamal, big Julius and Cynthia Parker.

Danny looked at me. "How's your dad?"

Ponce shook his head. "He passed away. He had a massive heart attack. He died in the ambulance."

Danny walked over and put his arms around me. Both Ponce and Danny were now holding me.

Danny said, "April I'm so sorry."

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

I looked at Reverend Morris. "Where's my mother?"

"She's in another sitting room like this one."

"Is anyone with her?"

"Yes, her friend Bonnie."

"Good, how is she doing? We need to go see her."

"Yes, I know."

"Reverend Morris, my mother suffers from depression. This is going to be very hard for her."

"Do you have relatives here?"

"No, I'm an only child. My mother's parents are still alive and she has two sisters but they all live in Rochester New York. My father's parents both passed away several years ago. My dad has one brother. He lives in Baltimore."

I paused to think for a minute. "Bonnie Raymond and I can take care of her for awhile, but she's going to need help. My dad took care of her. He made sure she took her medication and when she got really depressed he made sure she got to the doctor."

Reverend Morris put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry about that right now. I'll talk to the hospital social workers. I'm sure that they'll be able to find some help for your mother."

"Can we go see my mom now?"

Reverend Morris nodded. "Yes, of course we can."

I turned to my friends. "Why don't you all go to the waiting room. I want to talk to my mom alone for a minute and then we'll come and find you."

Reverend Morris led me to another sitting room just like the one we left. My mother and her friend Bonny Raymond were in there. My mother was crying. She stood up when she saw me come into the room.

"April, this is awful."

I put my arms around my mother. "I can't believe daddy's gone."

We held each other and cried. After several minutes my mother looked at me. "April what are we going to do without your father?"

I hugged my mom. "Don't worry, we'll miss him every day, but we'll get by. He taught us to be strong."

My mom held me in her arms. "April I'm so glad you're here."

I smiled. "Right now, you have a lot more support than just me. I have lots of wonderful friends and they're all here. I want you and Bonny to come with me and meet them."

I grabbed my mother's hand. "let's go, they're all in the waiting room."

Everyone stood up when we entered the main waiting room. Ponce walked over to us, Danny and Mandy were right behind him.

"Mom this is my boyfriend Marion Poncley. Everyone calls him Ponce. Ponce this is my mother, Julia Hansen."

My mother extended her hand. "It's nice to meet you Ponce."

Ponce shook my mother's hand. "Mrs. Hansen I'm very sorry about your husband."

"Thank you Ponce. Ponce this is my close friend Bonny Raymond."

For the next few minutes I introduced my mother and Bonny to everyone.

When we were done my mother smiled at me and said, "April your father would be very pleased to know that you have so many good friends." She turned to everyone. "You are all really quite wonderful. It was very nice of you to take the time to come down here and support my daughter."

My mom looked at me. "Bonnie and I are going back to the house. There's nothing more for us to do here. Tomorrow we'll start making funeral arrangements."

Ponce stepped forward. "Mrs. Hansen we would like to keep you company tonight if you would have us and tomorrow I'll help you with the funeral arrangements. My grandmother died last year. My dad and I took care of everything. I know how to do it."

My mom nodded at Ponce. "Thank you Ponce I would appreciate your help."

She turned to me. "April honey I would love to have all of your friends come over. I'd rather not be alone tonight." She thought for a moment. "I don't have any food in the house. I don't know how I could possibly feed all of you."

Danny raised his hand. He was trying to be polite. "Mandy, Tony and I can go to the grocery store. We'll take care of dinner. Would spaghetti be okay?"

My mom laughed. "Spaghetti would be wonderful." She picked up her purse. "Let me get you some money."

Adam shook his head. "Mrs. Hansen, we have plenty of money. We'll take care of everything."

I turned to Danny. "Buy some wine and beer. I think my dad would like it a lot if we spent the evening drinking beer and telling stories."

My mom nodded. "Yes he would have loved that."

The evening was as good as it could possibly be. Danny, Mandy, Tony, Cynthia Parker and Big Julius made a passable dinner of spaghetti, salad and garlic bread.

After dinner we sat in my mother's living room and drank beer while my mother and I told stories about my father. Everyone listened politely. They helped my mom and I get through a very difficult night.

At 9:30 my mother thanked everyone and went to bed.

Everyone except Ponce left at 10:30. My mother had invited him to spend the night. I think she sensed that I needed him to be with me.

Ponce and I slept in my old bedroom. As soon as we got into bed I broke down and started sobbing. My baby held me in his big strong arms and rocked me back and forth.

While he rocked me, Ponce started humming a song.

I looked up at him. "What's that song your humming?"

He smiled. It's just an old song my Grandmother used to sing to me when I was a little boy. She would sing it to me when she was trying to get me to go to sleep."

"Do you know the words."

He laughed. "Of course I do. My guess is you do to. It's a pretty well known song, you just don't recognize it because I'm so bad at carrying a tune."

"Would you sing it for me?'

"I'm not a very good singer."

"I don't care. I love you. You can't do anything wrong."

He smiled. "Okay."

Ponce held me in his arms and started singing. He had a rough, gravely voice. It was very soothing.

He was right, when I heard the words I immediately knew the song. I closed my eyes and leaned against my baby and listened to him sing.

"Daisy, Daisy, Give me your answer do! I'm half crazy, All for the love of you! It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage But you'll look sweet upon the seat Of a bicycle made for two."

Ponce sang that song and slowly rocked me back and forth until I fell asleep. When I awoke in the morning he was still holding me.

Ponce was wonderful. He made all of the funeral arrangements.

The visitation took place Thursday evening. Over a hundred of my father's ex students lined up to pay their respects. My mother and I were very proud of him.

The funeral was held Friday morning. My dad's brother, my grandparents and my mother's sisters all came to town for the service. After we buried my father everyone went back to my mother's house.

Danny, Tony, Mandy, Cynthia, Jamal, Darbs, Big Julius, Jake and Adam put together a very nice luncheon. We fed over a hundred people.

Friday night Ponce and I went home to our apartment. My grandparents and my mother's sisters were staying with my mother.

Saturday morning my mother called me. "April, I'm selling the house and moving back to Rochester. My mother and my sisters are going to help me pack everything up while they're here."

"Mom, I think that's a good idea."

"Baby you're going to be all alone here."

"It's okay, I have a lot of support. You met my friends and of course I have Ponce."

"I like him April. I think your father would have liked him to. Honey I have to go. We're meeting with a Realtor in twenty minutes."

"Bye mom."

"Bye baby. I'll call you. If you want anything from the house you had better come by in the next couple of days to get it."

As I hung up the telephone I realized that for the first time in my life I was really on my own. I wasn't worried. I wasn't alone. I had Ponce, Danny and a group of wonderful friends.

Ponce and I stopped by the house on Saturday morning. My mother, my grandparents and my aunts were all in a cleaning and packing frenzy.

I found some pictures and mementos that were important to me and packed them in a box.

As Ponce and I walked to the car, I turned and looked at the house where I grew up. It seemed strange and a little unnerving to realize that I would never again live in that house.

When we got back to the apartment I called the Silly Squirrel and told them I was sick. I just didn't feel like chasing a group of eight year old kids around a pizza restaurant.

Ponce, Danny and I spent the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday watching sports in the apartment. Our friends dropped by frequently. They were partly acting out of concern for me, but our apartment was also becoming a hangout for them.

My father and I were very close and I was deeply saddened by his death. But I was a strong young woman and I had a wonderful support group around me. I gradually recovered.

The death of a parent always affects a person's life. The effects are sometimes subtle and hard to notice, but they are always there. Now as I look back on that moment in my life, I realize that my father's death had an impact on me that I was completely unaware of at the time. When my father died, so did the last vestige of moral restraint on my behavior. I was about to embark on a period of totally uninhibited sexual excess.

Goodhusband
Goodhusband
1,895 Followers