Aquata Cove Ch. 50

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Merrick huffs deep breaths as he looks up at the human man, the one being the red moon has chosen for him to be his mate, for all of the rest of time. His arms to hold himself up so well is a testament of Adam's own strength, after having given Merrick a moment that only true lovers can give to one another. Those eyes... Brown, warm, caring, as if prepared to reach out at any time to give himself to anyone. At this one moment, or all of the other times he has been with him, Merrick has never felt more vulnerable and simultaneously protected in his whole life.

With no words to give to each other, Adam lowered himself, and pressed his lips with Merrick. The merman moans as he put his arms around Adam. The human's arms tremble as they hold him, almost losing himself to the kiss. Merrick laps his lips with the other, tenderly kissing the love of his life, before gently pulling Adam down to have him rest by his side. Adam let himself ease down, before making out with his angelic boyfriend once more, pushing his leg to mingle with the other.

-

"Merrick!" Adam called out as he hastily followed his angry lover, "Stop, please!"

"NO!" Merrick yelled, "YOU fuck off this time!"

"I didn't mean it, whatever I said!"

"YOOOUU!!" Merrick felt a flurry of rage, as he ripped out a hole plant in one fell swoop.

"Merrick!!" Adam stumbled as he tried to keep up, "Would you just stop and talk?!"

"It's not good enough for you!" Merrick yelled, "You said it's not good enough for you!"

"That's not what I said!" Adam put his hand on Merrick's shoulder. The merman whipped around, and threw Adam's hand right off him, almost spraining Adam's arm.

"You love AND hate our relationship because it's so BORING for you?!" Merrick exclaimed, "Why would you think something like that?! After all that we have had to do, all that we endured! And you," Merrick held strained his hands, "And you want MORE pain and turmoil?!"

"No! No no na-" Merrick turned again, but Adam stopped him, "I swear to God, Merrick, tha's not what I meant-"

"Yes it is!" Merrick huffed as his eyes watered with anger, "You want to be like Brian and Justin in that show?? You want me to struggle JUST to earn your affection?! O-Or you want me to be bashed so that you can feel guilty enough to stay with me?!"

"NO! That is NOT what I said!" Adam shouted, "You're jamming words into my mouth-"

"That's what you're telling me, Adam! How much do we have to suffer for you to be grateful for our love?"

"Grateful, I AM grateful!" Adam said, "I love you, baby, you know I-"

"But you want uncertainty?! THAT is what you want?!" Merrick demanded, "After EVERYTHING, you want to feel as if you have to earn our love?! Adam! What we have, if nothing had happened to cause our suffering, that would be the PERFECT life between mates! And that's not enough for you?!"

"Th-That's not what-"

"Adam, I broke up with you, and I nearly died from the Blood of the Earth! It broke your heart, and it destroyed me! Do you realize how much I wanted to die after I did that to us?!" Merrick said, "A-And even then, my own Sister tried to end you because she believed I could come back if you were gone!"

"That was your own-"

"And I was banished! I had nowhere to go! I needed to go to you even though I belong in the sea! Have you EVER even thought how hard it was for me to change EVERYTHING like that?! You're saying THAT'S not dramatic for you?!"

"I'm not talking about that kinda thing, Merrick!" Adam said, "You're not being fair!"

"Fair?!" Merrick scoffed in disbelief, "Fair??? Adam what do we have to go through NOW just so you can be content?!"

"Merrick, you're not getting what I'm saying-"

"I WAS TORTURED, ADAM!!" Merrick clutched his chest, crying, "I went through a whole moon without being able to see you! I thought about you, EVERY sun I was locked in there! Wondering what you were doing, what you were feeling, thinking, wondering why you haven't come to save me!"

"And you don't think I haven't gone through sit too, Merrick?!" Adam fought back, "I took a damn bullet for you, you know! Don't think you're the only one who gets shit, Merrick!"

"I don't! But you want MORE! You want our love to be tested relentlessly just to prove how real it is?! You want MORE agony and doubt in your life!" Merrick clutched his blonde hair, gritting his teeth, "GGHHHOD you humans are so POINTLESS!!" He seethed as he held his fingers snaggled.

After moment, Adam scoffs, shaking his head at Merrick.

"Heh. Ok. Ok, you know what, sweetcheeks," Adam took a couple of steps forward, "You know what? I am getting reeaaall SICK and tired of you ALWAYS trashing on humans." Adam said, "You're not being fair at all Merrick, you wanna talk smack about humans - well guess what, I AM a human, Merrick! Did ya forget that while marveling about how perfect we are?"

"No! I'm reminded everyday since I lost everything!"

"Ohoohoh, and wha's that supposed ta mean, huh?"

"Adam, you said it yourself, you humans-"

"YES!" Adam pointed at Merrick, "YES, Merrick! We humaanns, are a FUCKED up race! We kill everything, we eat everything, we wreck everything that we touch," He throws out his arms, "We kill and get killed, right Merrick? Since Day, Fucking, One, you always bitch and complain about what humans do, how we ruin everything, and all that shhhhit," Adam chuckled a sarcastic smirk, "And it kills ya to know that you're one of us, don't it?"

"I will NEVER be one of you, Adam!" Merrick snarled as he came right up to Adam's face, "I would rather DIE that become a human!"

"Yeah. Course you're not." Adam said, "You don't do a damn thing that humans do." Adam walked away, in a half circle, "You, what DO you do, Merrick?"

"What?"

"What DO ya do, Merrick? How, how are you better than me?" Merrick looks at Adam with estranged eyes, "What do ya do that makes you look any different than me, huh? In fact, in fact, why don't you do me a favor, and tell me EVERYTHING that makes merfolk better than humans!"

"Well for one thing, we don't go out of our way to change and destroy everything we see!"

"Yeah, you merfolk don't change anything at all, do ya?"

"And what does that mean??"

"Pfff. That a serious question?" Adam smirked, "All you fish do is swim, fuck, hunt, and die, right? 'Scuse me," Adam held up a finger, "Fish, mammals, mullusksks, and the occasional reptile, right?"

Anger and pain pierces inside of Merrick's chest as Adam talked.

"You find a mate on a red moon, you have two leaders, and that's all, right?"

"There is so much more to that than you will ever know, Adam!" Merrick defensively said.

"Same to you, Adra boy!" Adam said, "But as far as I can tell, that's ALL merfolk do! You never change, you never go on, and it's AALLL just a routine BLAH!"

"It is all that we have!" Merrick seethed, "Humans destroyed EVERYTHING from us! It is all we can do to remember what we are!" Merrick pointed a fast finger at Adam, "While you humans forget EVERYTHING that you do to each other!"

"Yeah, and you know what? We get shit done, Merrick!" Adam slapped his hand, "We build and make all kinda of new things every damn day, Merrick! But you merfolk can't change a damn thing!"

"What do YOU know, Adam?!" Merrick said, "There is nothing to change for our lives! What can we fix that is not flawed?!"

"Yeah yeah right, you know what, lemme prove how wrong you are, Merrick," Adam said. "You and I are bonded forever, right?"

"Right. But you-"

"AH AH AH AH!" He interrupted, "I'm talking, you listen, fishhead." Merrick's fist clenched, "You and I are in love, no one else can touch us, yeah?"

"Yes..."

"And see, THAT is a problem, Merrick." Adam said in his dizzy anger.

"How is that a problem, Adam?!" Merrick cringed, "What we have is beyond beautiful-"

"YEAH! Up until you or me DIES, right??" Adam said, "If you were to die, right here, now, you know where that leaves me?"

Merrick leered at Adam "... You would never find love again for as long as you live."

"EXACTLY!" Adam said, "Humans, we can love," He walked toward Merrick again, grinding his pelvis with Merrick's and grabbing his hips, "And fuck, and love, and fuck, and love all over again, and again, and again." Merrick whimpered as he shoved Adam away, "We can do it again, Merrick! But me??" He scoffed, "I ever lose you? I. AM. FUCKED."

Merrick shook with wrath as he looked at his drunken human, "And you ever lose me?" Adam pointed at Merrick with both fingers "YOU. ARE. FUCKED."

"Shut up..." Merrick cried as tears ran down his cheeks.

"And you think DAT'S perfect?? That's what you call cool? And after all, your pod - your parents - they kicked you out cause you like fucking guys!"

"Shut your mouth, Adam!" Merrick yelled, "You don't know anything!"

"I know enough, Merrick, and you know what?? You wanna know what I think?!"

"Stop it, Adam-"

"FUCK," Adam cupped his mouth to be as loud as possible, "THE MERFOLK!"

Merrick gasped as his body felt frozen with shock.

"Yeah." Adam nodded, "FUCK MERFOLK, for all their insecurity and shit! FUCK THE PODS! FUCK THE OCEAN, FUCK THE TRUE LOVE SHIT!!" Merrick wept at Adam's angry words.

"Stop... Please... Be silent-"

"FUCK THE LAWS, FUCK THE RED MOON" Adam shouted. Merrick's heart blackened with overwhelming outrage, "AND FUCK THE SEA MOTH-"

Suddenly, Adam felt himself fly backward, and his back hit a tree, "GAH! Fuck!!" He staggered and looked at Merrick. His merman seethed with blinding tears as his voice heaved heavily. Adam shakily pushed himself up, glaring at his boyfriend.

Minutes passed by, neither of them said a word. Merrick slowly eased his strained sobbing, before he straightened up.

"Adam..." He finally said, "I am very sorry... For 'Happening' to you." He shook with grief, "After all... Our love was a pure accident, right from the beginning."

"Merrick..." Adam said, shaking his head, "Look, I-"

"For you," Merrick said, "I would give everything - and I have - And I'm sorry that that can't be enough for you."

"Merrick," Adam took a step, "I didn't mean-"

"You will never understand merfolk," He continued, "And I will never understand you humans, or why you feel that you need to cause and feel so much suffering..." Those broken sapphire eyes looked into those dazed brown ones, "But don't you DARE," Merrick growled, "Don't you EVER dare... Mock what you don't understand... As I always have..."

"Merrick, I-"

The merman then took the blue scale off from his chest, and yanked it off his neck, snapping the string, and throwing it at Adam's feet. The wet parts of Merrick's arms and legs turned, appearing as blue and silver patches on his skin.

"Merrick?" Adam asked as he stooped down and picked up the pendant, and saw Merrick had turned, and began walking away, "M-Merrick!" Adam reached out for him, "Merrick, where are you going?"

Merrick turned around, and held his arms open.

"To the ocean. Where else?"

Adam's eyes widened, "No..."

"I'm going, Adam." Merrick frowned deeply, "I'm going to give that Capricorn what it wants."

With that, Merrick began to trot away.

"Merrick, NO!" Adam started to run, "Don't you dare! DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!!"

Adam dashed as fast as he could, pushing his legs and much as they could carry him with his frame of mind, but it's so dark, and Merrick's image is beginning to blur away.

"NO! COME BACK!!" Adam called out as he ran, grunting as he ran into bushes and plants, and bumping into trees, "MERRICK! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! PLEASE come baaack!!"

-

Merrick and Adam snuggle on the smooth, stone floor of the glowing cavern. Both men naked, sweating, and spent. The discarded condom wrapper and a slimy white rubber tossed carelessly aside. Merrick moaned as his ass still feels the satisfying sting deep inside him as he cuddled against his lover.

"Mmmm..." Merrick murred as his hand rubbed and interlaced with Adam's hand as they snuggled together. Adam has his eyes closed as he had his head back, holding Merrick closer than he ever has since they first met.

Adam groaned, his dick feeling a little sore from the strange pounding he did into Merrick's beautiful bottom - it was both an awkward, and wonderful first time, and it will only get better from here on out.

"Mmm..." Merrick kissed Adam's smooth chin as he cuddled close.

"I'm glad..." Adam said, "That I gave you my... First time..."

"First time?" Merrick asked while resting peacefully on Adam's chest like a pillow, "What would you mean by that, Adam?"

"Never mind... It's not important... I just love you, Merrick. I love you, more than I've loved anything in my entire life..."

"I love you too..."

"I know... We're always having to wait so long to see each other, but..." Adam huddled in his boyfriend lovingly, "We'll always be together... Right?"

Merrick's hand tightened around Adam's, "... Yes..." Merrick kissed Adam's chest, "Always..."

-

Adam sobbed and sprinted recklessly through the forest, trying his best not to fall over for the umpteenth time, he's not even sure he can see Merrick anymore. Why did have to have so many drinks?? Just what was in that Russian soda???

"MERRICK! Please stop! I'm sorry! I take it all back!! Please answer me!!" He pleaded to the endless darkness, with only the occasional beam of moonlight to dot the ground.

Adam rushed out, and tripped again, this time landing in sand. He looked up and gasped as he saw the wash of the tides, the ocean shore racing up upon the sand, and moving back, "MEEERRRRIIIIIIICCCCKKKKK!!"

He screamed out, caring whether or not anyone but the merman can hear him. He's too blind with grief to see his surroundings, only that he can't hold himself up anymore as he collapsed unto the sand, sobbing pitifully as his fingers dug into the sand, "I'm sorry baby... I'm sorry..." He cries lowly, losing track of reality as everything twirls into blurring remorse and drunkenness.

And just like that, something snaps under a heavy night.