Arewyn Ch. 02

Story Info
The end of the tale.
14.1k words
4.78
32.9k
36
20

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/21/2022
Created 04/24/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,920 Followers

I'm sorry for taking so long to write this, and I truly hope you enjoyed the first part of this tale. I not only took a trip to Ireland years ago when I was in the Navy, but have been back a number of times since, and both chapters are a result of the wonderful and so very beautiful memories I have of the time I spent there.

MoogPlayer

P.S. If my use of the Irish accent in this story has offended anyone, it is not my intention. Being of Irish descent myself on my father's side of the family, I'm trying to honor those people whom I met on my travels to that beautiful country, which is rich in history and full of kind and generous souls. One more thing, there is little to no sex in this story...

~~~~~~

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness...

Allen Ginsberg

~~~~~~

Chapter One

"Oh, Daddy," Izzy happily squealed, throwing her arms back around my neck, "That's perfect...I love you, and I love Arewyn, too."

"I love you, too, baby," I smiled, "And if Arewyn were here; I would imagine that she would say the same thing, as well."

~~~~~~

We arrived back to our table to find Robert and Arewyn engaged in conversation. I knew Arewyn hadn't seen us approaching, but she suddenly turned around to look directly into my eyes, and with a beautifully bright smile on her face, she giggled, "We were debatin callin the S.A.S. to search fer ya, m'love."

Leaning down and briefly kissing her lips, I smiled and said, "You won't get rid of me quite that easily, sweetheart."

We stayed for another hour and listened to the music. These guys were good...damn good as a matter of fact, and I looked forward to the next time I would be able to hear them play again. And, when Arewyn sweetly whispered in my ear that she was ready to go, we rose from our seats and prepared to leave. However, Izzy was not about to let us get away before she told us both exactly how much fun she had with us, as well as how much she dearly loved us.

~~~~~~

Arewyn held my hand all the way back to her house, and when I walked her to her door, she turned, gently placing her arms around my neck, and then smiled and sweetly said, "I had fun tonight, Michael; and I love ya so very much."

"I love you, too, Arewyn," I breathed, holding her closely now, "And I can't imagine my life without you."

"So, what're ya tryin ta say then," she said, pushing away and now looking at me with a light of hope shining in her beautiful grey green eyes.

I decided right then that I was going to ask her to marry me sooner than I planned, but I wanted to enlist Izzy's help in order to surprise my beautiful Arewyn.

But in answer to her question, I simply smiled and said, "You're a smart woman. You figure it out," which after I gave her a gentle kiss on the lips accompanied by a gentle swat on the ass before I turned and walked to my car, getting in and starting it up.

"Yer a beautiful man," she giggled, shaking her head as I drove away, "And a silly wanker, too."

~~~~~~

I was surprised that next morning when I awoke to find that Izzy was awake and in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I took a moment to look at my daughter, and a smile of paternal pride crept across my face as I began to see the beautiful woman that she was on the threshold of becoming.

"Why're you looking at me like that, Daddy?" she smiled, suddenly breaking me from my reverie.

"It seems like only yesterday that I was reading bedtime stories to you," I gently replied, walking over to her and putting my arms around her, protectively hugging her, "I just can't believe how fast you're growing up, that's all."

"People do that, Daddy," she sweetly smiled, kissing my cheek as she returned the hug, "But I'll always be your little girl."

"And smart, too," I smiled, breaking the hug, "Now, what's for breakfast?"

"It's a surprise," she giggled, shooing me out of the kitchen, "Here," she added, handing me a cup of java on the way out, "Go sit down at the table and drink your coffee."

~~~~~~

Because I grew up in the south before going to college, I got my Mom to teach Wendy, who was from Connecticut, how to cook all my favorite southern dishes. Imagine my surprise when my daughter brought in a plate filled with my all-time favorite southern breakfast foods. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, and my most favorite, biscuits and southern-style gravy.

"Who taught you how to make this gravy?" I smiled, after tasting it; "Your mother was the only person, besides your Nana, that could make it like this."

"Duh, Daddy," she uproariously laughed, "Nana taught me when I was ten."

"I love you, "I proudly smiled, "And you'll make some lucky guy a great wife one of these days."

"Bollocks," she contemptibly snorted, "I just now started dating, Daddy."

"Well, I'm glad you think that way," I sternly replied, "But you need to start watching your language, young lady."

"Yes, sir," she smiled in acceptance, "I'm sorry Daddy, sometimes I get too big for my britches."

"Ya think?" I teased, laughing.

"Oh, hush," she giggled, "And eat your breakfast before it gets cold."

"Yes, ma'am...."

~~~~~~

I hit Isabella with the news that I was going to propose to Arewyn sooner than what I'd told her the night before.

"Really?" she excited replied, her eyes wide as saucers, "When?"

"How about next weekend?" I conspiratorially grinned, "I'll set it up...leave everything to me, and don't say a word to anyone."

"What about Robert?" she asked, "We can trust him, Daddy."

That suddenly gave me an idea, and in doing so, I looked at Izzy and said, "Ya know what? I think that's a great idea so; why don't you get him over here around three o'clock this afternoon, can you do that?"

"You know I can," she happily giggled, and then frowned and added, "What about a ring, Daddy? You can't ask her to marry you without it."

"I know," I replied, scratching my head, "But how can I find out her ring size without her getting suspicious?"

I looked at Izzy who was deep in thought and said, "And what's buzzing behind those bright blue eyes of yours baby girl?"

"Leave it to me," Izzy smirked, "I know just how to pull it off."

"I'm serious, Izzy," I lightly warned, "This has to do with the rest of my life, as well as a very big part of yours."

"I'm serious, too, Daddy," she replied, her eyes beginning to fill with tears, "I love her very much and I can't wait until she's my mother."

~~~~~~

With Izzy's and Robert's help, I was able to get in contact with his cousin, David, and book him and his band, "The Rats", to play our engagement party. And of course he readily agreed, especially at the price of one thousand pounds I offered. Hell, these guys were damn good, and damn well deserved a hell of a lot more than any local club owner would pay. Besides, I planned on sparing no expense. I only prayed that Arewyn would accept...

~~~~~~

The next day at work I didn't hesitate to let Kieran know what lay in store the coming weekend. And the moment I told him, his eyes filled with tears as he put his arms around me and happily replied, "Congratulations, we'll be family, me and you."

"I know," I seriously replied, looking him in the eye, "And I want you to know how much of an honor it will be for me."

"Yer a good man, Michael," Kieran grinned, patting me on the shoulder, "Arewyn could do a lot worse, she could."

"You're the best, Kieran," I smiled, "And thank you."

"No, lad," he teased, "It's the Donnelly family that should be thankin you, it is."

"Huh," I stupidly replied, "You lost me there."

"You're takin Arewyn and her fiery temper off our hands," he openly laughed, "Just be careful, Michael...be very careful," as he continued laughing.

~~~~~~

Because we were ahead of schedule with the workload, I took the afternoon off to go see my best friend in Ireland, Aedan Donnelly. He had been released from the hospital, but was still convalescing at home for another four weeks.

"Young, Michael," Aedan cheerily grinned, when I came into his study to find him reading a book, "It does this old heart good ta see ya, lad."

"How are you, Aedan?" I smiled, shaking his hand, "You look a lot better than the last time I saw you."

"The doctor told the missus that it was because o' me eatin red meat all the time," he complained, "They even shoved a hose up me arse and squirted warm water into me pooper."

"It was all could do to keep a straight face, and in doing so, I simply smiled and replied, "Damn, Aedan, that sounds horrible."

"Fookin doctors," he growled, "It's bleedin wankers, they are, that just want ta do things ta ya just fer the purposes of makin more money, every fookin one of em."

"I need your blessing, Aedan," I suddenly blurted out, "I want to ask Arewyn to marry me."

"Oh, ya do, do ya?" he knowingly grinned, "And what, pray tell, are ya gunna do about that fiery temper o' hers? And it's a real bad one, she has."

"Come on, Aedan," I replied, "She's been nothing but kind, sweet, loving and gentle, ever since the first time I met her; not to mention the way she is with my daughter. Besides that, I love her with all my heart."

"Ya don't need me blessing, marry her," Aedan kindly smiled, "All I ask is that ya treat her kind. God knows after the hell she's been through, she deserves nuthin bloody less."

"I swear, to God himself, Aedan," I sincerely replied, "I'll die before I let anything bad ever happen to her again."

"Like I've already said, yer a good lad," he replied, gently patting me on the cheek, "Arewyn's lucky to find a man like you..."

~~~~~~

When I got home that afternoon I arrived to the giggling of two familiar voices coming from down the hall and Izzy's bedroom. I know that it's wrong to eavesdrop but I simply couldn't help it, as I tiptoed down the hall next to Izzy's open bedroom door. I quickly peeked in to find Izzy and Arewyn sitting next to one another on Izzy's bed looking at my old photo albums.

"That's Daddy when he was a senior in high school," Izzy cooed, "Wasn't he handsome back then?"

"Aye," Arewyn tenderly smiled, "And he still is...handsome, I mean."

"You love him," Izzy knowingly grinned, "Don't you?"

"That I do, m'lamb," she sweetly replied, "He's the kindest, most gentle man I've ever known."

"He's always been like that," my daughter sweetly smiled, "Ever since I was a little girl."

"It takes a very special kind of man to be able to handle all he was forced to deal with, Izz," Arewyn tenderly replied, "You're a very fortunate girl to have him for a father."

"He loves you very much, Arewyn," my sweet Isabella cried, throwing her arms around Arewyn, "And so do I."

"Aww, there, there, love," Arewyn gently soothed, "Twill be alright, you're not to worry."

"I know," Izzy sniffled, impishly smiling.

As I heard the both of them standing up, I beat a quiet but hasty retreat back down the hall to the kitchen.

~~~~~~

"Hi, Daddy," Izzy smiled, "You're home early today."

"Yeah," I knowingly replied, "I just now got here. What have you two been up to today?"

"Talkin about how much we love ya," Arewyn grinned, openly kissing my lips in front of my daughter, "How was yer day, m'love?"

"Mmm," I smiled, hugging her and winking at Izzy, "Good, now that I'm home."

~~~~~

"Would you do me a favor, Daddy?" Izzy asked, once I'd changed into more comfortable clothes.

"What is it, baby," I smiled

"I told Arewyn what a good cook you were," she began, "And I was wondering if you felt like making Mexican food tonight."

"It has been a while since I made any," I chuckled, "Okay, but you two are going to have to go to the grocery store for me while I get everything ready here, okay?"

"That sounds good," Arewyn sweetly smiled, "C'mon Izz, it seems that you and I are takin a trip into town," and of course Izzy happily followed Arewyn out to her car, delightfully smiling the whole way.

~~~~~~

After "my girls", as I now called them, had gone to the store, I realized that once again, my daughter had tricked me, as I discovered both the chicken and the meat that I was going to need were both already thawed, sitting in the kitchen sink.

"That little shit," I laughed aloud, shaking my head because I knew I'd been had...again.

~~~~~~

That night I went all out. I made Enchiladas (Chicken & Beef), Tostadas, Chalupas & Tacos, all with homemade Spanish rice and Refried Beans. I even broke down and made Sopapillas with honey, something I hadn't done since Isabella was about eight or nine years old.

~~~~~~

"I've never eaten Mexican food before," Arewyn smiled, blushing as we sat down at the table to eat, "Ya might hafta teach me how, Izz."

"I'll let Daddy," my daughter conspiratorially giggled, "Besides; he's been doing it longer than I have."

"Well, Michael," Arewyn giggled, winking at Izzy, "Are ya gunna teach me how to eat this food, or am I gunna hafta sit here watchin the two yas stuff yer faces with it?"

Needless to say we all laughed, as I began to show Arewyn how to prepare not only her Taco and Chalupa, but her Tostada as well. Hell, the rest was easy, as one has only to use their utensils to eat the Enchiladas, Spanish rice and Refried Beans.

~~~~~~

"So," I asked Arewyn, once we were finished eating, "How did you like your first taste of Mexican food?"

"Twas wonderful, Michael," she smiled, "Ya never cease to bring a smile inta m'heart, m'love."

"Me, too, Daddy," Izzy smiled, happy tears beginning to fill her eyes as she hopped up from her seat, only to gently throw her arms around my neck, hugging me, "And we love you very much."

"Aye," Arewyn sweetly cooed, hugging us both, "That we do, Izz...that we do, m'lamb."

~~~~~~

"Good night, my sweet," Arewyn breathed, as she kissed me at her car, the two of us wrapped tightly together, "I love you, Michael."

"I love you, Arewyn," I replied, looking into those beautiful grey green eyes, "And I always will..."

~~~~~~

That night as Izzy and I were cleaning the kitchen up, she giggled and then matter-of-factly said, "I got Arewyn's ring size."

"Oh, really," I grinned, "I won't ask you how you did it."

Producing a simple gold band, which, according to Izzy, was once on Arewyn's left ring finger, but was now dangling on a chain around my daughter's neck; Izzy grinned and conspiratorially giggled, "While we were at the store, I told Arewyn how pretty I thought it was so; she took it off of her hand and gave it to me...she said that pretty girls needed pretty things. Isn't that so sweet, Daddy?"

~~~~~~

The wheels had now been set in motion, and I still thank God daily for having been able to bring Isabella in on this. After all, she had been harping at me to find a girlfriend for almost two years now so; why wouldn't I? Besides, I knew that my daughter loved Arewyn almost as much as I did and that she would also be extremely pissed off at me if I didn't..."

~~~~~~

I'd made sure to stay as busy as possible to cover the excitement as well as apprehension that I was feeling. It was on the Friday before the Saturday night I was going to propose to Arewyn that Aedan came walking into my office looking better than I'd ever seen him.

"Hey, Aedan," I smiled, rising from behind my desk to greet him; "You're lookin very well. How're you feeling, my friend?"

"Miserable," he growled smiling; "The wife still won't let me drink."

"Are you and Ms. Sara still coming out to my house tomorrow night?" I asked, "I'm going to ask Arewyn to marry me ya know."

"I know," he happily chuckled, "And I can't wait ta see the look on her face when ya ask her, too."

"You crafty old dog," I laughed, Aedan laughing right along side of me.

~~~~~~

At Izzy's request, Arewyn took her into Dublin to spend the afternoon, as well as part of the early evening, shopping on Grafton Street. It was nearing eight o'clock when they arrived home, both of them with their arms full of packages.

"Wow," I teased, "It looks like you two have been busy."

"Yes," Arewyn giggled, nodding her head to Izzy, "She has."

~~~~~~

We went to Cusack's for dinner that night; and yes, Robert was working so, we asked to be seated in his section.

"Hi, handsome," Izzy cooed, taking his hand when he reached our table, "I missed you today."

"Hi Izz," he smiled, blushing as he spoke, "It's good to see ya."

"What'll it be fer yer drinks," he smiled, his hand on Izzy's shoulder.

"I'll have the usual Jim Beam on the rocks," I smiled, "Izzy will drink Coke, and Arewyn will have..."

"I think I'll try the Jim Beam," she sweetly interrupted, teasing me and patting the inside of my thigh beneath the table, "Besides, if this yank can drink it, I know that I can."

"I'll see to it, Miss Arewyn," Robert knowingly smirked, and then briskly walked away.

"Are you sure about this?" I knowingly smiled at her, once Robert was out of earshot, "This bourbon is nothing to laugh about,"

"Bollocks," Arewyn softly giggled, "I've tasted Uncle Aedan's whiskey, and it will knock the hair from off of that hard head of yers, m'love," causing Izzy to giggle as well.

"Maybe so," I replied smiling, "But don't come crying to me when your head hurts tomorrow."

~~~~~~

Chapter Two

The next day was Saturday and there was no doubt in my mind that I would ask Arewyn to be my wife. However, I was still very curious as to how she was going to react to it all, the party, all of the people, etc.

I knew that she loved me, but did she love me enough to take on not only the responsibility of being my wife, but also the responsibility of being a stepmother to Isabella.

I also knew that she would eventually want children, which I had no problem with, and there was no doubt in my heart that she loved my daughter. But I was wondering how she would feel about moving to another country when Izzy and I moved back to the United States. Only time would tell I guess.

~~~~~~

The next morning as I was making breakfast for Izzy, who herself was still asleep; I heard a knock at the front door. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to find Kieran Donnelly and his wife Patricia standing on the front porch, both wearing silly grins of their faces.

"Michael," Kieran grinned, "Top 'o the mornin to ya, mate."

"Hello, Kieran," I smiled, and then to Patricia, said, "It's good that you came to my house, Ms. Patricia. I've talked to you on the phone on more than one occasion (which I had), and now I finally get to meet you face-to-face, thank you for coming...both of you."

"Aye, Michael," she smiled, "Thank ya fer invitin us here."

"Please, come in," I smiled, ushering them into the house and on into the kitchen, "Have a seat and I'll make some tea."

"No need, Michael," Kieran chuckled, pulling a silver flask from within his jacket, "I've got me own refreshment today."

"Pay no attention to him, Michael," Patricia smiled, "I'd be in your debt if ya made me a nice cup o' tea."

"No problem, Patricia," I smiled, "I aim to please my guests."

"Ya see that, Kieran Donnelly," she snapped at her husband, "It's a grand lesson in manners ya could learn from Michael, it is."

However, before Kieran could reply, Izzy appeared in the kitchen, and with a sleepy smile, said, "Good morning, everyone."

"This must be Isabella," Patricia proudly beamed, "Arewyn spoke the truth when she told me how lovely you were, child."

"Thank you," Izzy giggled, "But I just woke up so, I probably look terrible."

"No, girl," Kieran warmly smiled, "This is my wife, Patricia. And she's been itchin ta meet ya fer the longest time now."

"It's nice to meet you, Ms. Patricia," Izzy sweetly replied, "You must be a really nice lady to be able to put up with Mister Kieran."

Of course Kieran burst into a loud and uproarious fit of laughter while Patricia smiled and said, "Goodness me, child, it seems ya know him well."

MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,920 Followers