Artemis

Story Info
Powerful wizard is enslaved by his female apprentice.
4.1k words
4.45
92.7k
73
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AJ_Watson
AJ_Watson
170 Followers

Author's note : I'm very interested in any feedback anyone has for me so please get in touch with any thoughts you have. All votes and comments are much appreciated.

*

It started with the death of the Rector. I had been eager to contest the Succession when the previous Rector had died but my great friend and mentor, Tormen had convinced me not to.

"If you enter, I am sure you will win," he had told me. "But when you have won you will spend all your time defending your position. You are young, that gives you strengths but the old guard will think you weak and open to attack. Sit this one out. None of the other challengers will last 10 years and in that time your power will grow, you can take time to explore and research and when the next succession comes around you will have all the influence you need to govern effectively."

Tormen had vouched for me when I was a baby, sparing me from the drudgery of a life as a farmer's son. At first I did not agree with his view but I trusted his wisdom and as the years passed I saw he had been right. I visited old ruins and spent days at a time in the magic labs, seeking answers to how our craft worked. I am not sure I will ever find those answers but I gained a keener appreciation of how to manipulate magic.

The old man died before the Succession came around. I performed the funeral rites myself, conjuring dramatic illusions of his life's work and guiding an asteroid out of orbit to ignite his pyre. It was perhaps my finest magic. We did not discuss it beforehand but I am sure he knew I would use the situation to further my cause, just as he had always taught me to do.

As I sat in my study with the envelope containing the list of challengers who had entered the contest, I felt a thrill to see confirmation that my time had come. I concentrated briefly and moved the letter through the unbroken envelope. My reputation had been built on such delicate manipulations.

As a student I had been taught how to slit an envelope magically but the poor teacher had never truly understood magic. Like many wizards they saw it as a means of improving on the actions of commoners. Few ever saw the real potential that magic offers.

The list was pretty much what I had expected. There were always a group of idealists, their imaginations far more potent than their skills, who would make no credible challenge.

The wizened Altor had entered again. Altor had contested every Succession for seventy years without success. In his prime he had been a great wizard but he had always been bested by a brilliant opponent or unfortunate circumstances. He didn't pose a serious threat but he would be more capable than most of the others.

Another two or three competent wizards with no noteworthy story had entered, perhaps to gain experience, perhaps they were deluded enough to think they could beat me.

The final entrant was a minor surprise. Artemis was one of my own pupils and had a bright future. She had approached me to discuss entering the contest to cover my back and ensure my victory. I was impressed at her devotion but assured her I would be more than capable of matching my opponents. Any defeat lingers in the mind of a wizard and their peers, I warned her she might always carry it with her. Evidently she had decided to take the risk.

* * *

The contest always starts as the first sun rises after the Rector's death. The same testing ground has been used for millennia. Each contestant is given a gold staff before they enter the arena. The last entrant to have an intact staff becomes Rector and receives the real staff of office. The Master of Ceremony handed us all the shining rods and teleported us to random positions on the grounds.

I was moved to a relatively open area, I judged it to be on the north western perimeter. I scanned my surroundings quickly to identify any immediate threats. Finding none, I strolled toward the centre of the arena nonchalantly. It is not enough merely to win, Tormen's words echoed in my head, you must show them they were fools for thinking anyone else could have won.

Ahead of me I saw Altor sparring with one of the idealist no-hopers. I walked around them, happy to turn my back on their efforts. I had gone perhaps twenty paces when I heard the crack of a staff being broken.

Altor had triumphed and being the wise old soul that he is immediately fired off a blinding curse at me. I knew it was coming though and had spun out of its path and severed his staff with a precise fireball before he could react. I felt some sympathy for the old man, he was a better wizard than many of the Rectors that had beaten him over the years but sometimes fate cannot be denied. I moved onwards.

The ruins of an ancient temple lay at the centre of the arena. As I approached it, I saw Halak and Ruon standing beside each other staring toward me. I was not surprised, pacts were common in the Succession and it made sense for them to ally against me to increase their own chances. Show no weakness, Tormen once said, you can never back down. I sauntered towards them, making no aggressive moves. I knew they would be unable to resist the urge to strike out.

Ruon blinked first. He teleported behind me and launched a bone breaking curse at me, presumably trying to force me into dropping the staff. Halak reacted to his move by attempting a teleportation snare to limit my movement. Both were too slow. I countered the snare and simply dodged the curse. I aimed a fireball at Halak as a decoy and charmed the wall behind him to collapse after a few seconds – delayed action magic is some of the hardest, most wizards do not have enough power to prevent the spell decaying before it takes effect.

Halak didn't spot it and as he moved to block the fireball he had to spin around to repel the falling masonry. I lashed out with a blasting curse and snapped his staff. Ruon had taken the opportunity to channel a strong magic sapping curse at me but I correctly anticipated he would attempt to eliminate me in one blow and give me enough time to teleport out of the way.

As soon as I materialised I disarmed him by summoning his staff. He turned to me and bowed in recognition. I reciprocated and crumbled his staff to dust between my fingers. As he was teleported away I again scanned the area. Artemis approached from the east. She gave me a bright smile and drew the crest of Tormen in the air, a sign I use with my pupils to demonstrate camaraderie. I did likewise.

We began to circle each other. I had fought her many times and knew her to be an excellent duelist but with certain predictable moves that she would need to eradicate before she could take on top class opposition. I wondered if she would hold back or fight to her best, trusting I would be equal to the challenge. I began by sending a cone of raw power toward her. Wisely she didn't attempt to block it but conjured an angular shield to funnel the magic either side of her. I tapped my staff on the ground to acknowledge her good skill.

She animated a selection of rocks nearby which leapt into the air and pelted towards me. I inwardly acknowledged the fine spellwork as I blasted the rocks aside. She had made the same mistake as Ruon, attempting to use the brief time available to her to deliver a knockout blow. She finished her spell and I only just had time to turn it aside, surprised for the first time in the contest because I didn't recognise it. Regardless she wasn't ready for my quick recovery and I disarmed her easily.

* * *

Traditionally the incoming Rector holds an audience with each of the losing candidates in the order they were eliminated. Contesting the Succession commits a wizard to a magical bond preventing them from doing harm or conspiring to do harm to any other candidate. A Rector is generally expected to give two or three of his competitors places on his ruling council. I didn't rate them highly but I didn't see it wise to alienate the establishment straight away. Altor I appointed as Custodian of Lore as a reward for his long years of effort. Ruon and Halak I gave minor positions for the show of the thing.

At last Artemis came for her interview. She had ditched her ceremonial contest robe for a simple white summer dress. She gave me a brilliant smile, her brown eyes sparkling.

"Congratulations, your excellency," she said with a bow.

I laughed at her mock formality and gestured for her to sit.

"I'm glad you entered the contest Artemis, I was getting bored by those hapless fools."

She smiled again, stretching her arms along the back of the couch. "Is that how you put it when you interviewed them?"

"Not quite. I gave out some minor positions to keep everyone happy but I'll fill all the important slots with our people."

I retrieved a bottle of champagne Tormen had left for me to drink on the night of my triumph. I ran my fingers over it, remembering all that I owed the old man.

"Pour me a glass too," said Artemis.

My hand tingled pleasantly as I opened the bottle. I had waited a very long time to do it. I handed Artemis her glass and sat opposite her. We inclined our glasses and drank to my victory.

"How would you like to be my deputy?" I asked her.

"It would be an honour," she said. "But tell me honestly, are you asking me because you feel indebted for my help in the contest?"

"No," I said, taking a sip from the glass. A shiver ran up my spine. "No, you are my best pupil. You will help me drive forward my reforms."

"Tell me something else," she said with another of those beautiful smiles. "Did you recognise the spell I used in our duel?"

"I couldn't work it out," I admitted. "Was it something new you've been working on?"

"Yes it is," she said. She rose to her feet and set down her glass. "I'll show you. Come with me."

I got up to follow and felt slightly dizzy. Artemis noticed my hesitation and I stepped after her immediately. Show no weakness, even to friends. The feeling passed and I felt quite well again as I followed her. All my students lived in a tower I had inherited from Tormen, near the council chambers. We went down to the underground levels, her heeled boots clicking on the stone floor. A previous occupant of the tower had used them for dungeons, I converted them into private labs for all my students. Artemis opened the magic seal that locked her lab.

"Come in," she said over her shoulder as she walked into the darkness.

Another tingle ran through me as I walked inside. Artemis was raking around in a chest on one side of the room.

"Set up some light while I find something," she said.

Obligingly I summoned a floating orb to illuminate the room. It was then I noticed the circle inscribed on the floor. Artemis straightened up with a bag in her hand.

"Just step into the circle," she said.

Magic circles are not used in the order's craft. The only time I had seen them was on the trip I made to one of the rural backwaters that challenged the order's rule. They practised a crude brand of magic and demanded the order give recognition to their paltry spellcraft. I successfully negotiated a treaty for promising children to be trained by the order in return for the region recognising the order's reign. Artemis herself was one of the children I met on that trip.

Something about this didn't seem right, I had the sudden feeling stepping into the circle would be a mistake.

"Why?" I asked her, suddenly feeling faint.

She looked at me with a knowing smile.

"Is power making you paranoid? Remember I'm bound by magic not to harm you." She looked slightly bashful. "I just wanted to impress you."

She had a point. The founders of the order had wisely enacted the binding contracts to cut down on infighting in the ruling council. I didn't want to admit to her I wasn't feeling well and it seemed the easiest way to pacify her and retire for the night. I stepped inside the circle and took a deep breath, suddenly thinking myself foolish as I felt fine again.

"I've learned a great deal in the time I've spent here," she said. "One of the most useful things I've learned is that every wizard is obsessed with recognition. You are all insecure, craving respect and admiration."

I looked at her blankly, she had never spoken like this before.

"That is why you didn't anticipate my plan." She smiled at me again, this time with a hint of menace. "What I am going to do would not appeal to you, you would not be happy to have power in anonymity."

"What are you talking about?"

"The order has bullied my people for too long, I need power to change that. But if I had won the contest I'd never have been able to achieve anything, you would have blocked my every move to spite me. So instead I let you win and placed a curse on you to make you susceptible to suggestion."

"Hardly," I scoffed. "I deflected whatever it was, remember?"

"That was only the camouflage. I had to make sure you wouldn't suspect anything so I cast two spells simultaneously. It had to be weak so you wouldn't feel it but its hold on you is strengthened every time you obey one of my instructions. The circle amplifies the effect of any curse that is brought inside it. I've got you where I want you now."

"Stand still," she said as she stepped inside the circle. She moved around behind me and ran her hands across my chest. She began undoing the buttons. "The curse will wear off of course. I need to make things more permanent. You're going to help me with an old spell from home. Something you'd call crude magic."

Panic gripped me. I tried to leave the circle as soon as she mentioned its purpose but as soon as she commanded me to stand still I found my legs would not obey my instruction to walk out of it.

"I assure you I wont help you with your insanity."

She slipped the shirt off and cast it out of the circle. Stepping around in front of me she smiled confidently and opened my belt. I stared back impassively as she slid my trousers and boxers down my legs.

"Lie down," she commanded.

I attempted to resist her curse, whatever cunning she had I knew I was a superior magic user. She stood back and watched me in amusement. I felt my leg twitch. My muscles contracted without my consent. I strained fruitlessly as my body betrayed me and I found myself on my back in the circle.

Artemis tugged the remains of my clothes away and kicked off her boots. She stood over me and shed her dress. I saw she had been naked beneath it and marvelled at her body. Blood began to find its way to my cock as she lithely posed and displayed herself to me.

"You like what you see," she observed. "Good."

She reached into the bag she had retrieved earlier and withdrew a small bottle.

"Open you mouth and swallow whatever I put in it," she said and took a swig from the bottle.

She knelt astride me and brought her lips to my own. She sealed her mouth to mine and let the liquid pass between them, sucking on my lower lip as she pulled away. I felt myself swallow. It tasted of cinnamon and burned as it went down my throat.

"That was an old recipe for public fertility rites, sometimes the man would get nervous and need a little assistance."

She sat down astride my chest and looked into my eyes. The potion she had forced me to drink began to take effect. My cock stirred and my skin was alive to her touch as she slowly moved her shapely ass over my chest.

"This is going to happen, you cannot stop it," she said with a smirk. "I don't expect you to accept that but I'm going to enjoy watching you realise you're going to lose."

I closed my eyes and attempted to ignore her. It was about the only defiance I still had open to me. She just laughed.

"You're not going to block me out that easily," she said. "Open your eyes and massage my breasts with your hands."

I had no choice. I found myself kneading her firm tits as she gazed down at me. Artemis didn't have huge breasts but they offset her slender frame beautifully.

My life had been devoted to the mastery of magic and the pursuit of power. I wasn't a virgin but it had been a very long time since I had been with a woman. Her presence was overpowering. I was definitely stiffening. She rose up on her knees.

"Run your hands along my thighs, feel the smooth skin there. Look at my pussy, you're going to be inside it very soon."

I followed her instructions like a robot. Unable to stop them or the effect they had on me. She reached behind herself to test how hard my cock was getting.

"Nearly," she said. "Caress my pussy lips, feel how wet I'm getting, imagine what it will feel like to be inside me. If you are good I may let you do this once you are my slave. Or maybe not, maybe I'll just tease you every night and prevent you ever getting release."

I said nothing. All I could do was probe her juicy slit and pretend it didn't arouse me.

"Look into my eyes and put your hands by your side," she said. She got up and knelt between my legs, staring back at me.

"We're going to play a game. You must try not to cum and I am going to make you cum anyway. If you can last an hour I will release you, if you cum inside me you will be my thrall."

She made the three point invocation to seal her promise magically and sudden hope filled me. She saw it and laughed. She held my gaze as she reached out her tongue and licked slowly up the underside of my cock, flicking over the head. After two repetitions I was as hard as a flagpole and she smirked some more. She opened her mouth and hovered next to the head of my cock.

The moment dragged out forever as I stared at her, pleased grin on her face and hot breath on my erection. Ever so slowly she took me inside her mouth and I groaned as the warmth and wetness enveloped my cock.

She began an excruciatingly slow bob up and down my shaft. All the while I had to stare into her knowing eyes and tell myself that I couldn't let myself climax, that I didn't want to climax. I clenched my teeth to try to ignore the waves of pleasure in my groin as she gradually increased her pace, swirling her tongue around the shaft and pulling her lips up to the very tip on alternate strokes. One of her hands began to fondle my balls and her other caressed my perineum.

She lifted her mouth off my cock with a wet plop and pumped it with both hands.

"I'm really enjoying this. How about you? You have to remember that you have a chance but you're not going to be able to hold out, how does that feel? To know you're beaten?"

I could only breathe raspingly in response as her left hand continued a slow, firm stroke while she rotated her right around the head of my cock tantalisingly.

"I'm going to leave you enough of your self to know you've been beaten. You're going to beg me to cum, you're going to give up your freedom to spurt inside my tight little cunt and then you're going to know that you did it every day for the rest of your life."

"I'll die before I beg you for anything."

"We'll see," she said.

Her right hand began a firmer stroke up and down the length of my cock. I had to concentrate, I knew I could survive an hour. My determination was famous in the order. Yet it had never been tested by a naked goddess intent on giving me exquisite pleasure. A groan escaped my lips as she spat on my erection and resumed her tugging at a quicker rate. I knew I was breathing hard and I knew I was sweating but I was sure I could beat her.

Her hand sped up again as if she had sensed my thoughts. My eyes went wide with fear as I felt my traitorous cock tense and her eyes sparkled in victory. Every pass of her slick hand on my cock drove me closer to orgasm and I am sure I was one stroke away when she released me. My erection twitched a little but I was able to retain control.

My problems had only just begun. She took me in hand again and worked out the exact tempo that kept me milliseconds from release. It was torture, my nerves were singing and my legs were twitching but I knew I had only to wait her out. That was not an easy task. The unflinching proximity of orgasm was driving me mad. My hips started to buck into her hands even as I grunted aloud. I don't know how long she pumped me with that unyielding grip but after a few minutes had passed I felt tears of frustration trickling down my face.

AJ_Watson
AJ_Watson
170 Followers
12