Ashton Hill Siren

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let's hope we don't run into him," Ariel grimaced and grabbed her bag. "Thanks, Brian, I'll be back soon."

"Ready," she said brightly, walking back into the practice reception.

"Let's go then," Chess said with an answering smile, guiding her out to his waiting car and Collin, who smiled warmly at her. "You remember Collin?" he asked.

"Yes, of course. Hello," Ariel said, a slight blush forming in her cheeks as she remembered what she had done the last time she was in a car with these men.

"It's lovely to see you again, Miss," he said in a quiet voice as he opened the door for them.

"You realise there isn't as much choice for places to eat here as there is in the city," Ariel said as they settled in the back of the car.

"It better be somewhere close, or I won't be responsible for what happens in this car," he pulled her close, kissing her, his hand skating down her side to her hip and squeezing it with increasing pressure until she whimpered into his kiss. Then he released her and smiled, "Somewhere to eat?" he prompted, enjoying the needy expression on her face.

"Café! Next to the bakery, in town!" she said breathlessly, not knowing how this man had such a powerful influence over her.

"Got it," Collin said, and turned the car toward the centre of the town. He had talked Chess out of bringing the limo, choosing instead the big luxurious SUV that spoke of money and power without being so obvious about it in a country town.

"You left me without even a note to tell me you were okay," he murmured close to her ear. "I was worried about you. You were so totally amazing that night, I couldn't believe you ran away because I scared you. You loved everything we did and wanted more. Did you change your mind?" He asked, looking at her face intently for the answers he needed.

"No," she said quietly. "It was like nothing I had ever experienced before. All of it, from what we did in here," she paused and glanced at Collin, "to what we did in the hotel room. I loved it, wanted it, wanted you, wanted more," the words she had held pent up exploded in a rush. "That wasn't why I left."

"Thank fuck for that!" he breathed and kissed her deeply. He groaned as he ended the kiss. "Tell me why you vanished then!" he demanded.

"I promised Mikayla. She wasn't happy that I was flirting with you on the yacht. I shouldn't have been there in the first place, and when she saw me with you, she freaked out. That's her dream job, and I wouldn't do anything to hurt her. I promised that if she let me finish what we started, it would stay a once off thing," she tried to explain. "I had no idea you would be worried. I just assumed... I mean, you do have a reputation... I just assumed you would be relieved that I was gone."

"I wasn't, but loyalty is a good trait to have. I understand not wanting to ruin anything for your friend, but that was never a possibility. I'm not so vindictive that I would fire your friend if things didn't work out for us," he shook his head, not understanding Mikayla's thinking.

"I probably would have left anyway, but I wouldn't have stayed away from you the way I have. I do want more, and the idea of a typical one-night stand with someone normal didn't interest me at all since being with you. I haven't wanted a relationship or commitment, and never wanted more of a guy since... well... for a long time until you, and what you did to me."

The car door suddenly opened beside her, looking around in surprise, she realised that she hadn't even noticed they had stopped moving and Collin had gotten out to open her door for her. Startled, she slid out, thanking him and waiting for Chess to meet her on the pavement.

"The café is new, a friend of mine runs it," she said as they walked toward the counter to order something to eat.

Outside of the car, Chess was sweet and attentive, giving no hint to the darkness behind his smile. They talked about the town and the people and themselves. He found out her favourite things, but subtly introducing subjects into their conversations. He assured her that he and Collin would be quite content to occupy their time until she finished work, despite his eagerness to see her today.

"I needed answers, and I needed to look at you when you gave them to me. You have a very expressive face, and I would know if you weren't as excited to see me again as I was to see you, or if you were not as eager to face the challenge we set ourselves last time as I was," Chess said. "I needed to know that before I picked you up for the weekend I have planned for us."

"Do you believe me?" she asked, worried that now that he had seen her in the middle of the day looking far from glamorous with her hair pulled back and not a scrap of make-up adorning her face. "Have you changed your mind about me?" Her anxiety crept into her voice as she asked the question.

"Far from it," he chuckled. "I want you even more."

"Everything good?" Lara asked as she cleaned the plates from the table.

"Amazing, as always, Lara," Ariel smiled.

"Yup, amazing," Chess agreed.

"You and I need to catch up, Ariel. I can't believe you've been hiding Chess from the town gossips," Lara grinned at Ariel. "Not that I blame you with the way David's been acting since he got back."

"Ah, yes, the infamous David. I'm hoping to meet him while I'm in town," Chess said in a cheery voice, belying how he really felt about the man trying to bully and threaten Ariel into restarting their relationship after dumping her so publicly several years ago.

"Are you staying in town for the weekend?" Lara asked.

"No, just until Ariel finishes work this afternoon. We have plans in the city tomorrow, but I imagine I will be back often enough to get to know the locals," Chess said easily.

"You will have to have dinner with Jack and me sometime then," Lara invited.

"Sure, I'd like to get to know Ariel's friends here," he agreed easily. "I better get her back to work before her brother wonders if I've kidnapped her though," he chuckled and got up to guide Ariel back out to his waiting car. Collin appeared to open her door for her again, and she smiled, thanking him, as not only Lara but several locals watched on.

Once in the car, Chess pulled her into his arms and kissed her deeply and possessively, only breaking the kiss when once again she had whimpered breathlessly for him. Then he held her against his chest and spoke in low husky tones.

"I have never felt this way or wanted a woman like this after just one night," he admitted, letting her know just what an effect that night had on him. "I want to punish you for leaving me the way you did, without any way of contacting you. I would never make you do anything you couldn't handle, but I believe you're going to love the punishment I have in mind and beg me for more," he murmured in a husky whisper. He sat back, tilting her face up to his so he could read her expression, and grinned after feeling a small tremor of anticipation run through her. "We are meant to be together, you know that, don't you?" he questioned, searching her face. "This weekend will prove it to you if you have any doubts at all."

"I... umm..." Ariel had only thought about seeing him again. She had no real thoughts about the future, and, by the way he was talking, it seemed he had given it a great deal of thought. The idea of committing to a man and giving him the power to hurt and humiliate her on an emotional level in such a public way made her feel ill. "You're talking like you have thought about the future, and I am still marvelling at the fact we have a second date, not that the first time we were together was a real date or anything."

Chess could see the anxiety in her expression and hear the reticence in her voice and decided for now not to push her any harder right then. There would be time for that, and he could live in the moment for now. She was here with him and wanting all that he could give her. He smiled softly and stroked her cheek before bending and claiming her mouth again. Then the short ride back to the practice was over, and Collin was opening her door again.

"What will you do for three hours?" she asked worriedly as he released her so she could leave the car.

"I have a few appointments, I'm going to meet with Paul Ashton, and possibly Grayson Ryde, if he is available," he said easily. "I'm considering making a few investments that might bring me back here now and again if you continue to mesmerise me like the siren you are," he grinned lopsidedly at her.

"Seriously?" Once again she felt the fear and anxiety of commitment looming over her. She had believed this was just about the sex... The mind-blowing awesome kinky sex that she wanted more of, but he seemed to be thinking long-term.

"I want you, Ariel. Not just your body, but all of you," he said softly and stroked her cheek. "You will have the opportunity to know who I really am as well," he added, puzzled by the depth of her anxiety. "Now go to work and call me as soon as you are ready to leave this afternoon!" he instructed in his commanding tone, making her smile. Then they both got out of the car, and he walked her into the practice to deliver her back to her brother and sister-in-law.

"Thank you for lunch, that was a genuinely nice surprise," she leaned up to kiss his cheek; and he caught her with an arm around her waist and pulled her into a soft embrace.

"For god's sake, wear a dress or a skirt for the drive to the city unless you want Collin to get a full show," he murmured into her ear, chuckled, and kissed her chastely on the mouth before releasing her, pleased at the small blush that crept into her cheeks.

Ariel watched him leave and get into the front of the SUV with Collin, then walked back into the surgery to check on Lucy and let Brian know he was free to leave while trying to get a handle on her warring emotions. She wanted this, she wanted the experience that being with him brought her, but he was far more invested in a relationship with a future than she had even contemplated, and the thought scared her.

*****

Chess walked into the real estate office and gave the receptionist a winning smile that left her flustered. He held up his phone for her to view and inquired about the lake house for rent. The house wasn't ideal, but it would do until he found something more suitable or could purchase it and make the necessary upgrades and renovations. His eyes scanned the room, finding the only man who could possibly be David Henning talking to an older man, his father, no doubt. His smile faded as he took in the man who tormented Ariel since his return to this town, and his features hardened.

"I'd like to see this property today, now, if possible!" Chess said in a voice made hard by his feelings about David and Ariel.

"Certainly, if you will give me a moment, Sir," the girl said, batting her eyelashes at him and moving away from the desk, seemingly oblivious to his change of mood.

Chess watched as the two men looked up from their conversation and eyed him speculatively. It didn't take them long to register wealth when they saw it, and within minutes he was following the younger of the two men to the house he wanted to see. The pictures hadn't done it justice. It was modern and well appointed. It had great views of the lake, and he would have to do very little to the overall structure to make it a decent part-time home for when Ariel couldn't come to the city to be with him.

He liked that she had a career and a life of her own, and he had no intention of taking that from her. He did, however, plan to be with her as much as possible, and if that meant making compromises in his own life for now, then he was prepared to do that. He could work part-time from anywhere, as long as he made into the office for the important meetings and such, which he could schedule strategically to make being here possible. He could see that his future planning made her nervous, but he planned to change that for her this weekend. They would begin to learn as much about each other out of the bedroom as they were eager to do in it.

"It's great, I'll rent for at least a month starting today. Draw up the contract, I can play in advance, and I'd like to pick the keys up no later than three. Can you do that?" he asked in a brusque business-like way.

"I'll need to contact the owner," David said, bristling at being given orders by this man. It was a rental, and the man hadn't even been approved yet.

"Certainly, I'm sure if you tell them Chess Roussel is interested in the property they will be fine with that. Better yet, why don't I talk to them myself," he suggested.

"I don't think that would be appropriate," David said, trying to maintain some authority in the face of Chess's commanding presence.

"Sure, you have to do your job, but let them know if I enjoy my time here I will consider buying it from them, at above the market price, of course," Chess said easily.

"You are thinking of settling here?" David asked, curious now.

"Part-time, my girlfriend lives and works here at the moment. She has family here, so even if she moves to the city with me, I believe we would be back often enough to warrant a place of our own," Chess said casually as he stepped out onto the deck. "The house needs some upgrades, but it's not in bad shape. I'd be interested to hear what the owner thinks of my proposal."

"Your girlfriend?" David asked, wondering who the hell in this little town had snagged a guy wealthy enough to rent at exorbitant prices and make an offer to buy like this on a whim.

"Oh, that's right, small town and all, you probably know her," Chess chuckled. "It will take me a while to get used to the small-town vibe." He turned, and watching David carefully, he told him exactly who his girlfriend was. "Do you know Ariel Aranova? She's one of the local vets."

"You must be mistaken!" David said, his whole body going tense and his fists clenching. "She's my fiancé!"

"No, Dave, I'm not mistaken, and she isn't your anything, and hasn't been for years. I don't know what's going on in your deluded little mind, but if you continue to harass her in any way, I will become your worst nightmare. Do we understand each other?" Chess threatened in a deathly quiet voice as Collin moved steadily back toward him, as if daring him to argue with him. "Now be a good man and call the owners so Ariel and I can move on with our lives together."

"I don't think you're the right tenant for this property after all," David smirked, thinking he was getting one up on the rich bastard who thought he could just waltz into this town and take what he wanted, including Ariel.

"Well, that's a shame," Chess said thoughtfully. "Luckily I am not a man to be dissuaded so easily. Thank you for the tour, we can show ourselves out." He mentally checked two more things off his to-do list in his mind and climbed into the SUV with Collin.

"You couldn't be a bit more creative than using that old cliché?" Collin grumbled as he slid into the car beside him. "Your worst nightmare? Have I taught you nothing over the years?" he rolled his eyes.

"It's a classic!" Chess chuckled and sat back, checking his phone for emails and messages as they drove to their next appointment. He was the new player in town, and he meant to make his presence felt today.

He met with Paul Ashton and Jack Delany about the search and rescue helicopter team, pledging a sizable donation to the cause, then went to a late lunch with both men and Mike Carter from the town council. Over lunch, he lamented his harsh words with David, and subtly spoke of his wish to speak to the owner of the property. Mike had come back with the name and contact detail within ten minutes and offered them to him, quietly knowing he shouldn't, but then David had little right to refuse his clientele based on who he was dating. Chess called Grayson Ryde then, and was immediately welcomed to meet him at his offices.

He knew who owned the property all along, but as he was following his own business agenda as well, it was good to have a legitimate reason for having that information. He had been welcomed warmly, knowing that in the business world that his reputation preceded him. Grayson, too, was in that elite class of wealthy businessmen who owned and ran family empires with their siblings.

"I didn't realise you had a showroom here on site," Chess said, looking up as Grayson walked into reception to greet him.

"See something you like?" Grayson asked curiously. These stones were large, perfect and very expensive, unlike those that went out to the stores; these were for buyers with discerning tastes and very large bank accounts.

"Yes. Do you have a jeweller on site as well, or do you just sell the stones?" Chess asked.

"My sister dabbles in jewellery, but we sell the stones and make suggestions of jewellery designers who might be to the client's tastes," Grayson said easily. "Stones of this quality need to be treated with a practised and delicate hand."

"I haven't come to talk about jewellery, although I must admit I have some ideas about this one," he pointed to a large aquamarine, "Is your sister here? Perhaps she could give me her take on my idea once our other business is done?"

"I can call and see if she is available. Would you like to come into my office?" Grayson invited.

"Thanks," Chess strode through the doorway to the offices and took a seat opposite Grayson's desk. "I won't beat around the bush here. I went to see your lake house today. it's exactly what I was looking for. The agent you have it with wouldn't rent it to me, nor would he offer you my proposal to purchase it because of who my girlfriend is. So here I am making the proposal myself."

"I see," Grayson frowned. "And your girlfriend is?"

"Ariel Aranova, the local vet, or one of them," he said easily. "They used to be a thing when they were in high school apparently."

"Yeah, I know the story," Grayson sat back in his chair, considering the man before him. He could do a lot for this little town if he had a vested interest here, and the only reason he had been renting out the lake house was that the price range was out of reach of most locals, and outsiders rarely settled here or wanted a permanent holiday home to maintain. He would happily let go of the last vestiges of his time with Rheagan, but he had no intention of making it too easy for this man, who was obviously used to getting his own way. He hadn't taken no from the real estate agent, after all.

It was after three when Chess walked out with two stones, a simplified drawing of a bracelet and ring, as well as the keys to a house he was about to buy, all for Ariel. He took a breath, now he just had to convince her that they were meant to be, not just for a weekend every now and then, but into the future as well. She was amazing; she was exactly what he wanted in a woman... Intelligent beautiful, poised and sweet, but with a kinky streak that matched his own dark needs in the bedroom. He wanted her so badly, and he had occupied his mind with other things all afternoon so that he didn't attack her as soon as he had her all to himself. Though that was still a high possibility, he grinned.

Today had gone well and only promised to get better. Chess felt happier than he had in months, maybe even years. The only thing that could have made today better was if he could have seen David's face when his father informed him that he had blown a million-dollar sale that Grayson had been forced to handle privately due to his lies and insults.

His phone buzzed in his hand, and he smiled. Ariel was ready and waiting for him, as if on cue. This day truly was perfect. Chess was still grinning widely as he stepped from the car and drew Ariel to him. She wore a knee-length dress with a full skirt and a fitted bodice held up with thin straps that ran over her shoulders. Yes, it would do perfectly for what he had in mind.

1...45678...14