Assassin's Path Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I just started singing and people started paying me for it, my Lady," I answered her question truthfully.

"Lord Zachary Reasald, where did you hear that song?" The elderly gentleman was in a deep blue coat with a red shirt on underneath it. His white hair was combed neatly to one side, a half-filled glass of wine in his hand.

"I heard it when I was younger and it just stayed in my head. I've always liked that song, my Lord," everything I said was true, I just left out that I had heard the song from another Guild member.

"Lady Bianca Lorvan, who made your outfit? It is simply fantastic," the woman had skin the shade of ebony and hair as dark as night. Her orange dress was tight at the waist and billowed out around her feet.

"Madame Ludwen made it for me when I arrived in Vorden with Ser Aiden, my Lady," I replied

"Well I see Aiden's taste is still as fine as ever. Your attire fits you wonderfully, shows off your...assets very well," the other Lord said. He was tall, maybe taller than Aiden, with blond hair and icy blue eyes. His clothes were deep green with gold accents, the same as Lady Coran, and also showed off all of his assets, such as thick muscles, a tight chest, and a large bulge in his trousers.

"Thank my Lord," I said, blushing slightly.

"Do you dance Myr?" the Lord asked. I was about to respond when Lady Coran interjected.

"Alex, where are your manners? I apologize for my brother," Lady Jillian said to me, "he has never been able to comprehend the basic necessities of polite conversation. Bard Myr, this is Alexander Coran, my ill-behaved twin brother." Lord Coran bowed as his sister introduced him, I saw him roll his eyes towards the end though. As he straightened up he returned his attention to me.

"You never answered my question Myr, do you dance?" He asked again, more insistently this time, as he extended a hand to me.

"I do dance, but I'm worried you won't be able to keep up," I responded.

"Oh I will," his eyes had a glint of desire in them that made him all the more attractive.

"Very well," I said, taking his hand, "but I did warn you." He laughed loudly as he led me onto the dance floor. The musicians were playing a slower song, but as Lord Coran motioned for them to pick up the pace as we passed them. The musicians ended the song they were playing, polite applause ensued, and Lord Coran led me to the center of the dance floor and brought me closer to him. Every eye in the Grand Hall was on us, the musicians began to play a different song, a slightly faster waltz.

Lord Coran pulled me so I was pressing against him, I could feel every muscle in his chest as I looked up at him. He dipped me as the music started, then I pulled back to an upright position and we were off. He moved with a grace I hadn't even seen in most of the assassins of the Guild, gliding almost from one step to another, taking me around the dance floor.

"I always admired Aiden, he has the best taste in playmates," Lord Coran said as he moved me around the hall.

"What do you mean?" I asked the noble. He spun me out and back in, dipped me, and pressed so close to me that I could hear his heart beating in his taught chest.

"Aiden likes to show off his toys at court. It lets the rest of us know that he is the ultimate conqueror. You're no different than the last one he brought," Lord Coran explained, "The same lean body, the same wide naïve eyes, and the same tight ass." He accented his final point by grabbing onto my backside firmly.

"But he-" My response was cut off by a spin and then we were moving around the hall again.

"All he wants to do is show off that he has the best toys, and that we would all be lucky to play with them to, though I feel that I could play with you and he wouldn't care that much. I'll take you to my chambers and show you how a real man can play. Leave the Prince to dally with some serving boy," Lord Coran had a cocky sneer on his face when he saw my expression. Aiden was the Prince?

The music began its final crescendo and Lord Coran spun me out, then back to him, and dipped me at the end of the song. There was applause from every person in attendance, except one. As I stood up I noticed that Aiden was standing to my right, his brow was furrowed and his eyes were focused on Lord Coran. He turned on his heel and walked out of the room and onto a balcony. I bowed to Lord Coran and walked after Aiden, with every step Lord Coran's words made more and more sense.

When I got onto the balcony I was realizing the truth in what Lord Coran had said, my chest felt tight, like a vice had been put around it. Aiden was leaning on the railing, staring out over the palace grounds. His hands were gripping the edge of the railing so tightly that his knuckles where as white as Lord Reasald's hair. He had changed out of his armor into a deep red outfit with orange embroidery. I walked over to him and stood beside him, looking out over the impressive gardens and fountains that made up the view.

"Shouldn't you be dancing with Lord Coran?" he asked, sneering at the other man's name.

"What should I have done?" I asked, avoiding looking at him at all costs, "He asked for a dance, so we danced. I can't refuse a Lord, I'm just a commoner who happened to sing for some of the nobility."

"You're not just some random person, Myr," Aiden said, his head fell back and he looked up at the stars.

"Who am I then?" I asked, finally turning to face him, "Because today I'm singing for my dinner, just like any other tavern, this party's just fancier."

"You're...well...I mean...he's..." Aiden began to stammer, unable to form sentences due to his rage at Lord Coran and the dance.

"What?" I asked, I was getting a little heated now, "I'm some random Bard you slept with and wanted to show off to the court. I'm just your latest conquest."

"What?" Aiden looked at me like I had sprouted a tail.

"Lord Coran told me about all the other 'playmates' you bring to court. You show off your toys and soon after you leave them for shinier one," there were tears in my eyes as I said it.

"They weren't the same, they weren't you," he said. I felt my heart shatter when he said that.

"What makes me so different? I'm just the most recent ass you've played with, your Majesty," tears were now running freely down my face. I had been a fool to believe in love at first sight or anything this man had said.

"Myr I-" the Prince tried to say something but I turned around and walked away. I grabbed a handkerchief from a servant, thanked her, and dried my eyes quickly before heading up the stairs to the servant's entrance.

"Excuse me sir," hearing the deep voice made me turn around. The Queen's bodyguard was standing before me.

"How may I be of service to Her Majesty?" I asked quickly, bowing to the Knight.

"Queen Aegiani noticed you leaving and asked me to escort you to your rooms. She understands that you have had quite the journey in getting here and knows how tired you must be." I looked to the other end of the hall and bowed deeply to the monarchs before nodding to the bodyguard and following him out of the Grand Hall. The Knight grabbed a candelabra and began moving down the hall.

I followed the Knight down the quiet corridors, after a minute I broke the silence.

"May I ask your name, Ser?" I inquired.

"I am Ser Jentreth, the Queen's Shield," he said without turning around. We continued to walk in silence until we stopped in front of a door.

"Is this my room?" I asked. The Knight nodded and indicated for me to enter. I walked into the room and looked around. It was a modest room, a small rug on the floor in front of a fireplace, a small bed under a small window.

"Queen Aegiani would appreciate if you were able to join her for breakfast. A servant will come and wake you to make sure you are taken care of." I nodded and the Knight closed the door. I walked over to the fireplace and snapped my fingers, igniting the kindling that was already inside the hearth. Once I warmed up the stony room I went to the bed and laid down. I felt a hole inside me as I lay there, I fell asleep wondering what it could be.

12