Asymptote

Story Info
A mathematical love story.
629 words
3.77
8.3k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was her Y.

She knew this before she had ever touched him. Before she ever sensed him. Before she even understood what a Y was.

She knew.

And when Y finally revealed himself, X's heart rejoiced. Y's expression was of utter joy and accomplishment, and he shared her excitement.

"I am here!" he said, "I have travelled so long to find you!"

X stared, awestruck at the one who would be her mate. And then she gathered herself. "I have waited so long for you to come to me."

There was no need for either of them to have pretense.

Y looked to X and said, "I would have you, if you are willing."

"Would you guide me?"

"Yes."

"Would you lead me?"

"Yes, my love. I would lead you."

"Would you dance with me?"

"I would dance with you forever."

"Would you protect me?"

"No one would lay a finger upon you if you walked with me."

X was never happier than in that moment, and she went to embrace Y.

Y told her to stop where she was. And though confused, she accepted his command.

Y looked deep into X's soul and explained to her, "To walk with me, you must accept my Order."

"Order, my...Master?" Oh, let my Master be strong, she thought.

"I am not your Master. I am your Y. Always. Do you understand?"

"Yes, my Y." You are so beautiful.

"And you, my love, are my equal in all things. Do you understand?"

"Y-yes, my Y." I so want to be with you, my Y.

"You will, however, change your name to 1/X."

This puzzled X. "I do not understand. 1/X?"

"It is your place with respect to me. This is how it must be. If I am 2, you are 1 / 1/2. If I am 5000, you are 1 / 1/5000. Equal, and each in our place."

Yes...yes, but.... There was something was wrong about this to X. She would gladly submit to him, do anything...anything to please him. Yet something did not...add up. What was it? "Y, I do not wish to displease you. And I would gladly yield to your will."

Y was calm. "What is it, beloved?"

"My Y, may I touch you?"

"No, my X."

"Well, can I touch you soon?"

"No, my darling."

"I...I may never touch you?"

Y looked to X with compassion and understanding. "I know this is difficult, my love. But this is the Order of things. If you choose to follow me, I will ensure you a life everlasting of exploration and wonder...towards an infinity where we will always grow close...closer...and never drift apart. We will learn from each other, laugh with each other, and dance until there are no more tomorrows. We will always be together, and over time and time and time our love will continue to grow. Yet we may never touch. It is a lot I ask of you, and I will understand if you will not engage in this partnership with me."

X looked to Y with welling tears as she thought of what this meant.... She looked into his eyes and saw her forever. She looked, fearing an abyss. She feared nothing and realized this was anything but. Instead, she found a forever knowing she would never be lost, always led by her equal, always moving forward and never alone. In that moment, she understood and embraced his Order. And in that moment, she became 1/X.

"Yes, my Y. I will be your equal and I will be your 1/X."

A warm smile was exchanged between both Y and 1/X that lasted for as long as it had lasted. And then Y said to his mate, "Let's go."

And they skyrocketed together, never looking back.