At His Majesty's Pleasure Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lady_temily
lady_temily
1,160 Followers

Here, her pristinely good cheer flickered. Mention of family hit a sore mark. "That didn't surprise you, did it? After what you did?"

Though she still pitched her tone to sound sweet, the King seemed to sense the bitterness behind the remark. His smile became more fixed for a moment, in a way that made her wonder if she had misstepped - but at length, his good mood appeared to prevail. "I suppose not. I do have a way of inflicting flattery and injury in one fell swoop, don't I?"

The carriages were, thankfully for her and her ostentatious costume, not too far. As a princess until very recently, she at least had the right and proper training to coordinate herself just long enough to cross the distance into the courtyard.

"I suppose I couldn't help myself," he continued. "Though, given the object of my temptations, I don't see how I could be blamed." His gaze drifted meaningfully over her, a smirk alighting his lips.

That way he looked at her made it hard to concentrate. But she managed to draw upon a teasing demeanor, patting his hand lightly. "Yes, you are always blameless. So terrible of those temptations to wander across your path. They must be the real villains of the story."

The King chuckled. "I'm glad you understand my plight."

He led her to the row of carriages - specifically, toward the most ornate of them all. Painted a pristine white and gilded with golden handles, the contraption - as befit all of the King's possessions - was constructed of a massive scale, dwarfing all its compatriots and rising high enough that the door came with contracting steps. There was some rationale to this, arguably, in that, if its purpose was to display its riders for all to see, such a height had the best chance for reaching the most admirers. But it was probably also because his taste were all excessive.

"Let us be on our way," said the King, as he offered his hand to her, in order to help her up. "My people are undoubtedly dying to see you. I would hate to keep them waiting."

*****

Authors: As always, we appreciate any ratings and comments if you're enjoying the story. Don't forget to subscribe for updates (via our profile)!

Comment game: to participate, simply comment with any word of your choice. (Like the name game a few chapters back, but this time with any words!) The word should be able to be used in a medieval/fantasy context, so nothing like "microwave" or "television," etc. How we'll end up using these words is a surprise, but suffice to say it'll be a fun (minor) way to affect the story, if you're so inclined!

lady_temily
lady_temily
1,160 Followers