Batgirl: Green-eyed Monster Ch. 10

Story Info
Conclusion: Loose ends.
2.8k words
4.2
17.4k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is the fifth in an ongoing series of Batgirl adventures, based on the characters in the early Batman comics and the sixties TV series, in which Barbara Gordon's relationships with all those around her, continue to develop, at the same time as the Dark Damsel manages to get herself into all sorts of tricky, sexually explosive situations. My thanks to the many readers who have taken the time to send me feedback containing their suggestions and opinions. The story follows on from 'Batgirl: Amnesiac Angel'.

Warning! This fictional story contains material of an adult nature and is intended for mature readers, and for personal use only. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 10: Loose Ends

Saturday, 11:30 pm

Batgirl squatted down on her precarious perch, high above the Gotham City nightscape. Next to her, was a hideous stone gargoyle, pitted and blackened with age and pollution. It was unable to appreciate the way her dark purple Bat-costume clung to her spectacular breasts, and her fully erect nipples stretched the sheer material to the limit, in the cool night air.

She shivered, as her big expressive green eyes, surveyed the bustling, artificially illuminated streets below, searching for any tell-tale signs of criminal activity. She heaved a regretful sigh and brushed away a tear that trickled down her cheek from beneath her mask, with the knuckle of her gloved left index finger.

Despite her sadness, Barbara had been determined to try to slip back into her normal nocturnal duties, as soon as possible. Samantha, AKA Harvey Dent Jr., had failed to survive her serious gunshot wound, and had passed away on the operating table, at Gotham City General Hospital, despite the medical team's best efforts to save her life. The tragic incident, had once more brought home to her, the fragility of human life and how easily it could be snatched away in full bloom. When Bruce had gently broken the news to her, in the hospital waiting area, some twenty-four hours after Sam had been admitted, he had also kindly offered to oversee all the funeral and interment arrangements and expenses, once the hospital had completed the required autopsy and released the body. As far as they knew, Samantha had no close living relatives, apart from her deranged father, Two-face. He was now safely incarcerated in New Arkham Asylum, hopefully for the rest of his days.

Her head jerked around, as her electronically enhanced hearing picked up a dull metallic clunk, somewhere over to her left. She immediately spotted a Bat-grapnel embedded in the narrow stone parapet, a few yards away from her vantage point. A taut length of nylon cord was attached to it, disappearing into the darkness below. A few seconds later, to an accompaniment of loud grunts and gasps, a familiar cowled head appeared, followed by a dark, shapely figure, as her fellow costumed vigilante, Sparrow, scrambled over the low wall, onto the narrow walkway that ran about the base of the imposing cathedral spire.

"You can be a hard person to find," Sparrow gasped, her chest heaving, fetchingly, from her exertions.

"Hello, Jen!" Barbara greeted, her face a picture of misery. "I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly the most exhilarating of company, at the minute!"

"Yeah! Batman told me about Samantha," the blonde-haired girl replied, with a sympathetic grimace, as she squatted down next to her friend.

"At least her apparent gender change is going to be kept under wraps!" the Batgirl replied, blinking away her tears. "Daddy has promised not to reveal anything about her really being a girl! As far as the general public is concerned, Harvey Dent Jr., the MALE Deputy District Attorney, was accidentally shot and fatally wounded, while aiding the Caped Crusaders, in their capture of the notorious criminal, Two-face!"

"Yeah, that's probably for the best," Sparrow agreed, nodding, sagely. She gazed into Barbara's troubled green eyes. "I... I'm sorry for being so... so possessive of late, Barbara! I've been a real bitch! Please forgive me?"

"You're forgiven," Barbara replied, with a slight smile, giving her fellow costumed dare doll's knee a reassuring squeeze. "Nothing is going to change my feelings for... Hey, what's that?"

Sparrow's gaze followed Batgirl's outstretched arm and pointing finger. "Looks like a robbery going down?" Jen snarled. An unmarked van had just screeched to a halt outside a late-night store and three armed and hooded men had leapt out of it. "Follow me!"

She ran over and grabbed the nylon rope and eased herself over the parapet, before quickly rappelling down the side of the church tower, in several spectacular bounds, to the main chapel roof, some sixty-feet below. Batgirl quickly joined her and together they descended the fire escape to street level, both girls fully prepared to take out the hoodlums robbing the late-night convenience store, both oblivious to any personal danger.

Batgirl felt the old familiar thrill of excitement, and her nipples hardened in the cool night air, beneath her sheer, clinging outfit, as the two costumed cuties jogged toward the crime scene.

Friday, 11:46 pm

As the first of the three armed robbers ran out of the store, Sparrow, standing with her back pressed against the wall, to one side of the entrance, out of sight of everyone inside, stuck out a booted foot, causing the hooded man to trip over it and go flying forward, just as the sprinting Batgirl launched herself through the air, feet first, straight at his stumbling figure.

"Yeowww!" His startled yelp of surprise, was cut short, as Batgirl's flying boot caught him high on the chest, abruptly halting his forward momentum, and producing a guttural cry of pain. As he started to crumple to the sidewalk, her right knee came up, swiftly, catching him on the point of his undefended jaw. The hoodlum's eyes glazed over, as he quickly lost all further interest in the proceedings.

"What the fu...?" exclaimed the second robber, dropping his bag of loot, as he stepped through the open doorway, and spied Batgirl standing over his motionless sidekick. His exclamation of surprise was cut short, as a flying boot flew up from his left and kicked the Magnum from his hand, just as he was raising it to take aim and fire at the Dark Damsel. As his head started to turn toward this new danger, a forearm smash sent him reeling sideways, quickly followed by a full-blooded kick to the jaw. As he stumbled backward, his head smacked against the plate glass display window, with a sickening bang, producing a crazed pattern of cracks, spreading out from the point of impact. With a low groan, he slid to the sidewalk, unconscious.

Sparrow slipped through the open entrance, crouching low, before rolling head over heels to her right, behind a checkout counter. The third thief, couldn't have failed to be alerted by all the commotion outside. A moment later, Batgirl dived through the doorway, before rolling behind a display cabinet to the left of the entrance.

"Butch? Howie?" a scared voice called out. "What the fuck's going on out there?"

As Sparrow peered around the checkout counter, the third hoodlum spotted her. He was halfway along the nearest isle, holding a diminutive male shop assistant in front of him, as a human shield. One arm was clamped around the guy's throat, the other holding a pistol, with the gun barrel pressed against the side of the hostage's scrawny neck.

"Hands up, bitch, or the old guy gets it!" he yelled, shrilly. The brown-skinned male hostage, obviously of Asian ancestry, gave a terrified whimper and his eyes bulged with fright.

Sparrow slowly rose to her feet, empty hands held high above her head. "Okay, fella, don't do anything stupid!" she said, softly but firmly, deliberately thrusting out her chest, to try to distract him.

"Where's Butch and Howie?" he snarled, peering around, as if half expecting the boys in blue to come charging into the store, at any moment.

"Your pals aren't in any position to help you, buster!" she replied. "Why don't you just hand over the gun and give yourself up, like a good boy, before you get any deeper in trouble?"

"Fuck you, bitch!" he snarled, his finger tightening on the trigger. "Get the hell outta my way, or you'll be scrapping this guy's brains off of the ceiling!"

The brown-skinned hostage, whimpered again and seemed to visibly shrink.

Sparrow's eyes widened, but she nodded and stepped aside. "Don't say I didn't warn you!"

As the hoodlum sidled past Jen, watching her closely, Batgirl stepped out behind him and the edge of her stiffened hand, arced forward and struck his exposed neck, with every ounce of force she could muster, behind the karate blow. His eyes widened, momentarily, then he crumpled to the floor, out for the count.

"Are you okay, sir?" enquired Sparrow, stepping forward to support the old man's weight. He had looked about ready to collapse.

"Thank you, Batgirl!" he gasped. "I-I am now!"

Jennifer grinned and puffed out her chest, proudly. "I'm Sparrow, that's my partner, Batgirl, over there!" she said, nodding toward her shapely costumed companion.

The wrinkled old man gave her a tremulous toothy smile. "Well, thank you both!" he said, clutching her hand and shaking it, vigorously. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

-oOo-

The two Caped Cuties stood with hands on their hips, watching the police van drive away, with the three subdued criminals safely locked inside. A young detective was still inside the store, taking a full statement from the diminutive Asian guy, who also happened to be the owner, it had turned out.

"Another good night's work," declared Batgirl, draping an arm over the shoulders of her lovely blue-eyed companion. "Results like that, make it all worth while! How about the two of us celebrating, after work, tomorrow?"

Sparrow looked a little embarrassed. "I, um, I would love to, Batgirl, but unfortunately, I've already got a date lined up for tomorrow night!" she admitted, blushing despite herself.

The Batgirl frowned. "With whom?" she enquired, her eyes glittering, behind her mask.

"Er, well, it's with Dick, Dick Grayson, actually!" Jenny admitted, a little guiltily. "I, um, I think he sees us as an item now, ever since we, er... you know?"

"Oh?" Barbara felt a sudden sharp pang of jealously, as the green-eyed monster reared its ugly head. "Never mind, I can always stay in and wash my hair!" she mumbled, turning away to hide the glitter of fresh tears in her big green eyes.

Wednesday, 12:00 noon

A small crowd of people had gathered at the graveside, in the neatly maintained cemetery, on the outskirts of the city. They were there to pay their last respects to the recently departed.

"...and, although I hadn't known Harvey Dent Jr. for very long, I had already been convinced that this young man was a person of the highest integrity, and would one day move on to become Gotham County's next District Attorney!"

Jim Gordon had offered to say a few words to the small gathering at the graveside, the majority of whom were members of the news media. As well as the Commissioner of Police, the mourners included his adopted daughter, Barbara, her close friend Jennifer Goodbody, and of course, Chief O'Hara. Harvey's former secretary, Hilary Snide, was also present, representing the District Attorney's office. The casket had already been lowered into the freshly dug grave, and the minister had said his piece, a few minutes earlier.

The somber police commissioner continued his eulogy. "Alas, I was mistaken! That can no longer be the case! This brave young man, who had only recently settled in our fair city, had volunteered to help the Caped Crusaders apprehend his own father, the notorious criminal, Two-face! Sadly, this heroic action, by a man who believed in the rule of law, above all else, was to lead to his untimely death. Tragically, he lost his life, at the hands of his own mentally disturbed parent, gunned down in his prime!"

There were a few murmurs of disgust, sorrow and anger, from the assembled mourners and Jennifer squeezed Barbara's hand, sympathetically, as she saw the tears glistening in the redhead's eyes. "I'm sure she didn't suffer too much pain," she whispered, comfortingly.

Barbara nodded, her face looking drawn and older, somehow?

When her father finished his short speech, Barbara stepped forward to the edge of the grave, stooped down and threw a handful of dirt onto the wooden casket below. "God bless you, Samantha!" she said, under her breath. Her actions were repeated by Jenny and her father, to be closely followed by those of the surprise mourners, multi-millionaire Bruce Wayne and his youthful ward, Dick Grayson. For once, the press had been quiet and well behaved, limiting themselves to a few candid photographs of the burial ceremony.

As the mourners started to drift away from the graveside, however, this situation changed. The reporters crowded around the millionaire and his ward, jostling for position, as he approached his parked Bentley and the waiting uniformed chauffer, Alfred Pennyworth.

Barbara and Jennifer, used this opportunity to slip quietly away.

"What brings YOU at the Assistant DA's funeral, Mr. Wayne?" called out one reporter.

"How well did you know the deceased, Mr. Wayne?" enquired another.

Bruce paused and turned around to briefly address the media, as he reached the limousine, while Dick walked around the Bentley and climbed into the front passenger seat. "Gentlemen, I was merely paying my respects to a brave young man. Someone who, like myself, had the best interests of Gotham City at heart! There are far too few publicly-spirited citizens in the community these days and, sadly, there is now one less!" He straightened, took a deep breath, and pushed his shoulders back. "Now, if you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I have another pressing engagement!"

"Mr. Wayne, one last..."

Bruce ducked through the open doorway and slid onto the leather covered, rear bench seat, as Alfred slammed the door closed behind him.

"Mr. Wayne..."

Alfred pulled open the driver's door and slid in, behind the wheel.

"Get us out of here, Alfred!" Bruce said, in a tired voice.

Thursday, 12:00 noon

The tall slim, elegant brunette, leant up against the metal support rail and stared out across the sunlit San Francisco Bay, toward the Golden Gate Bridge. There was an almost continuous stream of automotive traffic crossing it and a couple of small pleasure craft passing beneath, leaving a creamy wake. Sunlight glinted off the calm blue water of the Pacific ocean.

The statuesque beauty, flicked through the tourist guide she was holding. Apparently, the bridge's construction had been completed in 1937, at a cost of 35 million dollars. Its 4200 feet main suspension span, between the twin 746 feet tall towers, had remained a world record, for the next 27 years. The almost two miles long suspension bridge, linked Frisco with Marin County.

She closed the booklet and her eyes and drew in a lungful of salty sea air, her chest expanding beneath her chunky woolen sweater, worn over a T-shirt and tight denim jeans. Harvey Dent Jr. was dead and she was no longer Harvey Samantha Dent, but Samantha Monroe. That was the name on her new passport and driver's license, and all her other ID documents. Bruce Wayne had gone to a great deal of trouble and expense, to illegally provide her with a whole new identity. As far as she knew, the multi-millionaire was the only other person who knew she was still alive, apart from a few key employees of the hospital! He had convinced her that a completely new start, in a new location, was the only logical answer to her weird predicament. Samantha sighed, sadly. She would miss Barbara. She would have liked to have said goodbye properly!

She reached up and self-consciously touched the surgical dressing that covered her wound and flinched with pain. She had been a very, very lucky girl! The bullet had missed all her vital organs, by some miracle, but she had still almost died from the trauma and considerable loss of blood. Bruce had put her in touch with a local doctor, who would ensure that her injury healed, without any unwanted complications. A little plastic surgery, would hopefully avoid any permanent scaring?

Bruce had supplied her with a nice apartment, but there was no way she was going to stay a kept woman, any longer than she had to. Samantha Monroe would start looking around for a job, first thing tomorrow morning, preferably something in the legal profession! Today, was the first day of a whole new life for her, and she was determined to make the most of it.

She sensed someone's eyes on her and glanced around. A good-looking, dark-haired guy, in his mid-twenties was standing by the rail a few yards away, smiling at her. Samantha smiled back.

End