Batgirl: Sex Bomb Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What the hell?" Jack Fuller snarled. He grabbed for his rifle, immediately realizing what was going down. Moments later, the supposedly bulletproof windshield, erupted in a shower of glass shards, as a burst of high-powered bullets swept across it.

"Holy shit!" exclaimed his partner, Herbie, clutching the steering wheel with white knuckles, as they were both showered with safety glass fragments that, luckily, caused only minor facial cuts. By some miracle or perhaps by design, neither man had been struck by a bullet. Three hooded men had emerged from the vehicle in front, waving lethal looking automatic weapons in their direction.

"What's going on?" came the muffle voice of Jimmy, from out the back of the truck.

"Robbery," growled Jack, gripping his weapon, tightly.

"Drop your guns and get the fuck outta there," yelled one of the robbers, waving the barrel of his automatic rifle in their direction, "or you guys get the next shots in the head!"

"Fuck that," Herbie gasped, going even paler. He jerked his podgy hands high in the air.

After a moment's hesitation, Jack carefully placed the rifle down and followed suit. The company didn't pay him enough to risk his life and, anyway, he had a wife and two young kids to support.

"Don't do anything stupid, Jimmy," he called, out of the corner of his mouth, the warning aimed in the direction of the small square grill that accessed the rear compartment. "These guys look like they mean business."

At the same time, he pressed the red emergency button with his knee, which set off the alarm in the destination bank, thus indicating that a robbery was taking place. The bank staff would immediately inform the local police of the situation. With any luck, the area should be swarming with cops within a couple of minutes.

The two security guards slowly clambered out of the cab, empty hands held high in the air. Jack was ushered around the front of the truck, at gunpoint, to join a pale, sweating Herbie, who looked frightened to death.

"Which one of you guys has got the keys to the rear of the truck?" snarled the spokesman, waving his gun barrel in their faces.

"Neither of us," Jack retorted, maintaining a brave face. "It can only be opened from the inside and there's another armed guard in there."

"Shit!"

The hooded thief walked to the rear of the truck. "Hey, you in there, open up, or we kill your two pals," he yelled.

Meanwhile, people in the line of cars that had piled up behind the armored truck, had started getting out of them and running away from the crime scene, having realized what was happening.

"No fuckin' way," came the muffled response from within. "I've got me a gun."

Jack groaned, under his breath. Jimmy always had been a headstrong kid.

"Have it your way, moron," snarled the hoodlum, stepping aside.

Jack saw one of the masked men, go down on one knee some twenty yards behind the truck, and heft, what looked like a bazooka over his shoulder, and take aim at the rear doors.

"OH, SHIT!" he yelled grabbing Herbie's arm and diving for the ground, pulling the older guard down with him.

"What the..."

BOOOOM!

Herbie's wail of surprise was drowned out by the noise of the loud explosion and the screech of metal being torn asunder. A gaping hole appeared in the buckled doors at the rear of the truck, together with a plume of smoke that rose high into the air.

"Jimmy?" Jack cried, staggering to his feet, alarm on his face. He turned to the apparent leader of the gang. "Jimmy was in there, you murderous bast..." His angry yell was cut off, as the butt of the automatic rifle struck him under the jaw, with a sickening crack, and he lost all further interest in the proceedings.

"Start unloading the money, boys," yelled the leader, turning away from the body of the unconscious security guard and waving his gun barrel in the direction of the distant crowd which had gathered at a safe distance. "Just stay well back, folks, and nobody else will get hurt!" he yelled.

The crowd murmured nervously, and shuffled back a couple of yards.

Ignoring the bloody remains of the youngest of the security guards, the other two masked men, began to leisurely unload the blood-spattered sacks of money and security bonds, and dump them into the rear of the SUV.

Meanwhile, the leader handcuffed Herbie and his unconscious partner to the door handle of the truck. "Your big-mouthed buddy looks like he needs hospital treatment," he observed, with a sneer.

When all the bags had been transferred, the leader joined his companions in the Jeep Cherokee and it screeched off with a cloud of smoke rising from the hot rubber of its tires.

Herbie peered around, anxiously. "Where the hell are the local cops?" he muttered, angrily. He was aware that Jack had set off the emergency alarm. "They should've been here ten minutes ago."

He turned and yelled over to the gradually approaching crowd. "Can someone please call 911 for an ambulance? This man needs urgent medical attention." He knew, in his heart, that it was already too late for Jimmy.

Friday, 9:03 am

Barbara looked up, at the sound of a polite knock on the frosted glass panel of her office door. "Come in, Jen," she called, recognizing the curvy silhouette. The door opened and her bubbly blonde research assistant hurried in, looking anything but bubbly.

"Babs, I've just read the terrible news in the paper," she exclaimed, rushing over to the desk and placing a sympathetic arm around the seated redhead's shoulders. "You must be distraught."

A tear glistened in a big green eye, as Barbara looked up at Jennifer and patted the hand resting on her shoulder. "How could they even THINK that Daddy could be involved in that gun heist," she protested, almost bursting into tears.

"Yeah, it's ridiculous," agreed Jennifer, huskily. It grieved her heart to see Barbara so upset. "Looks like the old team of Batgirl and Sparrow will have to get back together and find out who's really behind that robbery, right, girl?"

Barbara looked up at her best friend, gratefully. "Uh, huh," she agreed. "We made a good team, didn't we?"

Before she even realized it, she had slid her arm around Jenny's neck and pulled the blonde's face down to her own. Their lips met, in a long, lingering kiss.

Jenny look a little flustered, when they finally broke their passionate clinch.

"I... I'll come by your place about eight tonight... and bring my Sparrow costume," she promised, as she gazed into Barbara's big green eyes and swallowed, nervously.

"I'll be waiting, " Barbara replied, softly, "and thanks, Jen."

Friday, 9:33 am

"Batman and Robin!" exclaimed Acting Commissioner Schmitt, looking up at the two costumed vigilantes, who had just been ushered into his office in GCPD Headquarters (formerly that of Jim Gordon), by his secretary, Bonnie. "What a great honor." He rose to his feet and held out a hand.

"Likewise, Commissioner Schmitt. We had a close working relationship with your predecessor, Jim Gordon, and are hoping to cultivate a similar understanding with your good self," Batman replied, as they shook hands. "Hence the main reason for our visit."

The policeman shook hands with Robin, and then sat back down behind his desk. "Now what, exactly, can I do for you, gentlemen?" he added, resting both elbows on his desk and clasping his hands together.

"We've just been informed, by a reliable source, that an armored truck has been held up and robbed, on the way to make a delivery to a local branch of the Bank of Trust earlier this morning, Commissioner?"

"Er, that is correct, Batman," Schmitt replied, trying to hide his surprise.

"We would like to offer our services in helping to solve this crime, Sir."

"That, ah, that won't be necessary, Caped Crusader," Schmitt replied, putting a supercilious smile on his face. "Now that the GCPD is under new management, so to speak, we will no longer be needing any help from well meaning amateurs, in solving our more serious crimes."

"Why, you arrogant, overbear..." Robin began, taking a step toward the seated policeman, who held up the palm of one hand, effectively cutting off his ranting and bringing him to a halt.

Schmitt smiled again. "That doesn't mean we won't continue to appreciate any help the Dynamic Duo can provide in helping to reduce street crime, muggings, car theft, prostitution, burglaries, etcetera."

"But not any MAJOR capers?" Batman clarified, with a grim smile.

"That IS essentially the situation, Caped Crusader."

The Dark Knight stepped forward and held out his hand. "Well, thank you for your valuable time, Commissioner Schmitt," he said, tersely, shaking hands. Robin refused to follow suit.

"No, THANK YOU, gentlemen."

Schmitt smiled to himself, as he watched the costumed buffoons exit his office. "I thought you handled that very well," he congratulated himself.

He flicked the intercom switch down to the transmit position. "Bonnie, NEVER show Batman into my office again, UNLESS he has a prior appointment," he snapped.

-oOo-

Will the Dynamic Duo become suspicious of Acting Commissioner Schmitt and his mercurial rise to prominence in the GCPD?

Was the armored truck robbery merely the first of many major armed robberies to come?

Will our two Costumed Cuties manage to prove the innocence of Jim Gordon?

The plot deepens folks. Don't forget to tune in to the next exciting installment, for the answer to these and other puzzling queries that may be on the tips of your tongues.

12