Battle of Wills Ch. 01

Story Info
Valkyre and Mathias together at last.
4.9k words
4.73
11.4k
12

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/06/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Falling for Fae was a fun story to write. So because it was so much fun, I decided to tell Valkyre's tale of how she met her husband.

Thank you Andi for proofreading and editing.

All characters in this story are above the age of consent.

Enjoy! IR2R

*****

It was a beautiful fall morning, and the air was crisp and clear. The sound of laughter filled the air, and every now and then, the sound of a caretaker echoed across the vast land. Anton Svennick loved his family, as they frolicked freely around him, his heart swelled with pride. He laughed as he watched the seven little ones play. Some of his new family members were not vampire, but fairies. It mattered not to this coven, they were family and each and every vampire here had sworn to protect them. Suddenly they stopped playing as a strange vampire approached. Everyone surrounded Anton standing in front ready to defend their grandfather against all foes.

"Anton old friend, no one told me that you hired body guards?" He teased.

Anton laughed and told the boys, the man was not an enemy. Everyone remained tense, until the elder gentleman extended his hand and Cedric shook it. Cedric calmed down and his brothers soon followed suit. The other children were ready to play when their Mom called and they went to her. Anton lifted Odon and Cedric and Liddell walked with him back to their home.

"Ah, Corbin, what brings you over?" Anton asked.

"I wish this was social visit. But sadly it's not. I know you are helping your son through a transition, but something has come up. We need to meet." Corbin explained. "There is a conference coming in a week or so. You need to be there."

Felicity sensed a strange presence and looked out. She did not recognize the gentleman, so she sent to Gustiban. He sent her a mental hug and asked her to watch him carefully. He'd be home soon. As Anton and the boys approached, she opened the door and invited him in. They preceded him, begging for treats. She admonished them to be quiet. "Nyx is sleeping. Don't wake her." The boys quieted immediately.

Soon they took off to the play room. Felicity would thank her brother-in-law again for that room.

"Corbin, this is my lovely new daughter, Felicity. Fifi, this old codger is my oldest friend. He stopped by to share some news with me." Anton explained.

Felicity smiled, and Corbin was stunned. She was incredibly beautiful. As he read her aura, she did not have a deceitful bone in her body. He could see why her husband would kill to protect her. Which was what brought him here!

"Ah, if I were a few centuries younger, and had an army to protect me, I'd steal you from Gustiban. Alas, I am but an old man who is honored to meet such a beautiful woman." Corbin stated, causing Felicity to blush.

Felicity left them alone and Corbin explained. "Do you remember Ezra? He died a few decades ago. He only had two sons. Matthias and the other one that many say was not really his.

Anton nodded. "What about him?"

Corbin explained, "His son, Mathias is quite the pain. He has studied our ancient books and is questioning several matings. When we meet again, he will bring up the Briar demon and your son's wife. She is fairy, and he has an issue with their marriage. His queries are worrisome. Some of our people found their mates in Weres, and he has almost driven them to divorce. The Were partners left and since there were no children, they felt it was better for their mates if they went away. The vampires are still trying to win them back. He doesn't believe in love. His stance is if love was so strong and so real, their mates would have fought for them. He wants to challenge Gustiban and his mate next. After he learned about the Briar demon, he suggested that you and your coven are planning to dominate the species."

Anton frowned. He met Matthias a few centuries ago. The boy was a smart aleck even then. He didn't like him, and from what he was hearing, his dislike was growing. He knew his coven would be upset when they learned about this. He needed to meet with them first. He suspected that Felicity had already alerted Gus, and they would all be over this evening.

Anton sighed, "I'll be at the meeting. It seems young Mathias needs to be dealt with." Corbin agreed, just as Felicity reentered the room with chilled drinks. Anton smiled. Corbin smiled and thanked her as well. She left them alone to check on the children. Gus called and she told him that so far things were fine. After checking on her daughter and making sure her sons were not destroying their room, Fifi went back downstairs.

Corbin had left and Felicity joined her father-in-law. He smiled as she brought him a big cup of coffee, and told her not to worry. Knowing Gus was at Faye's, she sent that his Father needed him. He came straight home. This did not surprise Anton.

Anton sighed and told him of the meetings. Gus knew Mathias. He kept his brothers and Valkyre from beating him up when they were kids. He was a always so small and sickly looking. For him to cause these problems, maybe he needed to send his siblings to visit him. He didn't want to leave Felicity with the children, but Rhy and Warren were staying at Faye's. His Dad would go with him. He knew he could get his brothers to check in or any other members of the coven. He was going to this meeting.

"No, you will stay here with your family. I will deal with Matthias." Anton explained, knowing what Gustiban was thinking.

Gus didn't agree but his boys saw him and rushed out, with Odon trailing behind. He caught them and held them close. Soon he heard a wail and knew his Nyx had awakened. His boys had to tell him about their day, and he needed to see his wife and daughter.

Anton laughed and lifted Liddell, "Come. My granddaughter needs us." They entered in dining room where Felicity was preparing a snack. Nyx was in her mother's arms making a fuss. Seeing her brothers rushing in, she stopped and grinned.

Gus smiled and called out, "Whose making all of this noise?" Nyx stopped crying the moment she heard her daddy's voice. Cedric moved and he lifted his little girl, kissing her gently. Then he wanted all four of his kids to sit and talk to him. Each boy told a story. Liddell was still quiet. He was watching Grandpa. The man earlier upset him.

Gus smiled, "Come here, Liddell." He called. The small boy climbed into his daddy's lap with his sister.

"Grandpa is fine. His old friend was telling him about a meeting. OK." Gus explained.

Liddell nodded, as Odon then demanded dad's attention. Cedric sat with his brother. "We will protect Grandpa, OK" He whispered. Liddell nodded.

Just then Auntie Rhy and Uncle Warren came in. Cedric smiled. Uncle Warren was a brave warrior, and that was what he wanted be one day just like his Dad. Warren always trained him and showed him techniques. Maybe they could practice tonight.

Warren greeted him and asked if he was practicing. Cedric assured him he was. Rhy laughed and hugged her nephew, kissing him on the cheek.

Aunt Rhy always hugged him so tight, as if he was the most precious thing. He pretended not to like the hugs, but he really did. He wasn't sure who gave better hugs, Auntie Rhy or Auntie Val. After a few more minutes, Auntie Val showed up, and the hugging started all over again.

Soon everyone was talking. More family stopped by. The older boys rushed to their uncle. Uncle Silas brought them new action figures for their collection. Mom called them in and everyone ate dinner. Daddy and his side of the family didn't have to eat, but the fairies did so Mom, Uncle Warren, and Aunt Rhy ate with them. They were not sure about Nyx; she was still on the bottle.

Soon, Valkyre and Rhy helped get the boys in the tub and in bed. They loved being aunts and were competing for the title of favorite.

Rhy, Felicity, and Warren stood to leave out so the vampires could talk. Anton stopped them. "You are as much a part of our family as we are in yours. There is a potential problem and you all need to be aware." Anton explained.

The meeting was in three days, and he was not going alone. He would take two people with him. Gus could not leave, because Felicity needed him. Warren and Rhyannon were fairies, so they could not go. Silas was banned because he engaged in one too many amorous adventures.

Valkyre was going with him, and that made Anton even more nervous. His sons he could control, but his daughter already had history with Matthias. If he pushed her, she was coming back at him furiously.

Valkyre looked at her dad. He wore a slight frown. She knew father was remembering the last time she and Matthias met head on. Their confrontation almost caused a war.

She knew that her father was worried, so she smiled, "Father, as long as he does not threaten to harm any of us, I will keep my cool. But if that cretin comes after my family, get ready to pull me off of him." She vowed.

Gus and his brothers shared a look. "Wait, father, maybe one of us should go. The old men might not want a woman there; women always become over emotional." Felicity glared her husband, as did his sister and sister-in law. The other men stepped back.

Gus found himself surrounded by three upset women. He needed to be rescued. Nyx, cry for Mommy, he sent, but alas, his daughter was fast asleep.

It won't work, daddy, and when she does wake up, you get her. Felicity sent. I might have a little too much emotion to take care of her later. Gus cringed.

Anton smiled and hugged each woman, calming them down. "Gus meant no harm. The last time Valkyre was near Matthias, it took six men to get her off of him. Gus is just concerned for her safety that's all."

Valkyre looked at her brother, "He won't come after you or Felicity. She is my sister and I protect my family."

Gus nodded. Soon, everyone headed home and Silas, Owen, and Radu stayed to talk with Gus. Neither male wanted their sister confronting Matthias. Centuries ago he was a whiny kid, but times had changed. Owen would accompany. Val would not like it, but the brothers had decided.

His brothers left, and Gus joined his sexy wife in bed. Pulling her close he kissed her so tenderly. Felicity laughed; she loved being with him and from the moment the midwife gave her the go ahead, he loved her each night.

He was so amorous, that Felicity believed she'd have another little one before Nyx was one.

However, tonight, she needed to talk to her overbearing spouse. "You and your brothers are wrong. Dad picked Val for a reason? How are you going to send someone else with them? He said only so many members of each clan could attend."

Gus rolled onto his back. "She is our sister, and it's our job to keep her safe. We know she can defend herself. Hell we trained her. But this guy, Matthias, well, he is a guy and we just need to look out for her. Besides, there will be all sorts of men there, and Dad can't fight them all by himself. He will need back up."

Felicity gasped, "Wait, you're sending a bodyguard with your sister to keep guys from talking to her?" She asked stunned.

"Look, it's not like that. They can talk to her, but they can't try anything. We just haven't met the guy that we like for her." Gus realized he had said too much. "Baby, I meant that we want to keep her safe. She doesn't understand men and how they work. She's innocent."

Felicity almost fell from the bed. She was tickled but he could not now it. Did he have any idea that his sister was not some young innocent maiden in need of protecting? Heck, she even gave her pointers to keep him interested. Valkyre was a sensual young woman.

"Val is not used to men and the games they play?" Gus explained. "We have always watched out for her. For the past few decades we've made sure no men took advantage."

Felicity started coughing. He really believed his sister was a virgin. "Baby, she is an adult. You cannot hand pick who she chooses to date. What if the man she chooses is someone you or the others don't like?"

"OK, you're right. We won't pick the guy. The four of us are monitoring the field, and if he passes our test he can join the lineup. Then out of the four guys we've inspected, she can date the one she likes." Gus explained, beckoning his wife to return to his side.

Felicity laughed. She had to ask. "Have you four met any guy that you approve?"

"Well, yeah but she won't go for them though." He looked away. "Besides, King Alfendae might not approve of us taking his best soldiers. Walt, Warren's brother, would be perfect for her."

"You have actually thought about this. I can't believe it." Felicity laughed. "When Val learns of this dear heart, I'm on her side." Then she grinned, "I love you, Gustiban. Now for the rest of the night, take care of your wife. " And he did.

Preparing to go to the next meeting of elders, Matthias went out. He was confronting the great Anton Svennick. He wondered which of his sons would be with him. He knew she would not come. The last time he saw her, she broke his nose, and her brothers pulled her off of him. He could have hurt her, but his father taught him that you never hit a female, no matter how out of control she became. Valkyre was out of control. She was also the most amazing girl he had ever met. It was too bad he'd probably never see her again.

Matthias sighed, and thought of his Dad. The other covens did not like them but his Dad had held his head up high. He never backed down when people threw his wife's indiscretion in his face. However, because of her callousness, he was adamant that the creatures not crossbreed. People laughed behind his back. Ezra was proud and he was never ashamed of his children.

Matthias missed his father. He was a strong vampire, a great leader. He wished he still lived, and maybe he would not be so alone. He still had Stork with him, but father although he tried, he never really accepted his brother. He raised him, and taught him, but the love was not there. Stork was hard to love, but despite that, Matthias loved his younger brother.

"When are you leaving?" A cold voice asked.

Matthias turned and saw Stork standing in the doorway. He stood almost eight feet tall, his black horns protruding from his skull. His skin was dark pink. His eyes were red and glowing. He needed to feed. Stork entered the room. His eyes trained on his brother. There were others near them, but the feared him. They scattered.

"We're going tonight. Have you fed?" He asked.

Stork looked away. "No, I will. Usually Ana will let me feed from her or Belinda." Stork sighed. He hated being a hybrid and not a very good-looking one at that. Throughout his childhood, he heard the whispers of how his mother ordered his death the night he was born. Father stopped the men. He wished he had not. Father raised him, but he could not love the son of a demon. His brother loved him though. Matthias stood with him and fought to keep him safe. That's what this meeting was about. He begged his brothers to stop the cross-breedings. It was too hard to be that way, and Matthias gave him his word that he would try.

"Many are angry with me." Matthias stated. Stork sat beside him, his red eyes full of love for this brother. Matt looked at his brother and remembered his promise. "Stork, what if we are wrong?"

Stork sighed, "We might be, but ask the questions Matt. Make them think."

Matthias nodded, and he and Griffin headed to the conference. Before he left, Matt hugged his brother. "Love you, man" He whispered.

"I love you too bro." Stork replied. Matt was the only other person that Stork truly loved.

*****

They arrived at the hotel and Matthias went to see if the conference room was set up and ready. He met leaders of several other covens. They did not acknowledge him. He had no leader and his group was trouble makers. He found that everything was in order, so he returned to his suite.

"Sir, you're back. I have news. The mated couples from the last meeting are getting back together, but their mates are still upset with you."

Matthias nodded. Everyone was always upset with him. He always asked the hard questions. If others crossed mated, how would it affect any young that were born? The mixed were-vampire couples had no young. But then he learned that Gustiban and mated with and had children with a fairy princess. To mate with this princess he had to destroy a Briar Demon. He was curious if these events meant more than just a man protecting the woman he loved.

He thought of Stork. Crossbreeding was dangerous and the child would suffer in the end. If he could get that point across, then this would be worth it.

"I'm going for a run." Matthias stated. He needed to think. He was used to being received with distrust and disdain, but even knowing how others perceived him, it still hurt.

Matthias hated remembering. He was ten and his mother was expecting a second child. Matthias was excited. His parents did not speak for months. Father came home and went into his private rooms. Mother barely acknowledged him. Members of the coven looked out for him. One night, mother and father fought. Hiding in the closet, he listened.

"Whose bastard is growing in your belly, Kiana? I have not touched you in years and I refuse to raise another man's bastard." Ezra growled.

Mother reclined on the couch in father's office, "He's not vampire for sure. I hope he looks like his father and everyone will know I had to take my pleasure elsewhere. You will be gutted Ezra, and then I can be free."

Matthias shook as his father spoke in a tone so cold that it instilled fear deep inside of him. "I hate you. You ruin everything, but this child won't suffer because of your hate. It may not be mine, but as your husband, I will make sure it's cared for. You want to be free; then just go. I have several houses, pick one and you can live there until you rot in hell." He growled.

Matthias cried. They fought so much, and at school he was constantly teased. The other children in the coven told everything, and he bore the brunt of the teasing. Mother looked at her father, the hate, a breathing and living palpable entity, between them, "Too late, I was sentenced to hell when my father forced me to marry a dog lover." She stormed out.

Ezra sat. He closed his eyes. Cowering in the dark closet, Matthias did not move. "Dog lover" What did Momma mean? A few nights later, one of the women came screaming that Momma hurt herself. That was the night his brother was born, and the midwife screamed and ran away. Two vampires came to take the baby and Father sent them away. As he was sending them away the baby screamed and Matthias ran in the room and shoved mother off of him. She was choking him. Matthias looked at his new brother and was stunned. He was small, red scaly and had horns. He was not a vampire at all.

That night Momma left. He did not see her again until the day she died. His brother stayed hidden. Father would not even look at him most of the time. But Matthias spent as much time with Stork as he could. Crossbreeding was not a good thing, and if Anton's family joined forces with the fairies, they could become a serious threat to the entire vampire nation.

Over the years, he lost touch with Stork, but he made sure he was protected. He did not belong to any clan. He was simply Matthias. Running full speed, he willed himself to outrun the loneliness, the hurt, and the depression. But he couldn't. Soon, he could run no more and had to stop. Turning around he vanished back to his suite. He had to make an appearance tonight; some very important people were coming in. He smiled; he had not seen Anton or his clan in ages. As a matter of fact, he was actually looking forward to seeing them.

Matthias showered and then dressed for the evening. His suit had to be immaculate. His friend, Griffin, joined him. He and Griffin became friends decades ago. He was a loner and Griffin, as an only child, was often targeted by others. In the end, they both fell victim to the Svennick clan. Griffin had a crush on the youngest sister but she detested him. They were both saddened to learn that she fell prey to a Briar Demon.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12