Beauty--Remastered Ch. 06

Story Info
Something There...
5.4k words
4.8
22.3k
16

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/29/2022
Created 08/17/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Readers. First off, I adore each and every one of you! Especially those of you who voted and/or commented. Those comments make my writing seem worthwhile. I'm absolutely giddy that you like my story, and because of that, I'm trying my hardest to keep going. This chapter of Beauty sat in my documents folder, half finished, for weeks, because I had lots of drama and happenings, good and bad, and it wasn't especially appealing, and then I got some awesome feedback and it made me reopen it and finish it off. And I wanted to. So, thank you, anonymous person for the drive to continue. And all the other anonymous people out there for your votes and super sweet words.

Now, Chapter 7 is on it's way, I promise. I might answer a few questions in it, but we'll see =) Don't worry, all will be explained.

Love and kisses till next time!

-Almostluver

***

Scarlet was good and truly lost. She turned around for the hundredth time, but every tree looked the same; she'd passed the same spot half a dozen times, most likely. Even finding her way back to the house was impossible at this point.

Spending two hours, at least, stumbling through the forest, trying to escape her husband and butler, followed by several more hours seeking some sort of shelter from the storm that refused to give up; and then, once the rain slowed a bit, wandering haphazardly through the woods, looking for an opening in the trees, a path, a road, a stream, *anything* that could lead her somewhere she wasn't.

She had lost count of how many times she'd cursed herself for running in the first place. And for running into the woods. And for going into that damn room in the first place.

Sure, she'd had a marvelous time while she was in there, *but* the fact that she'd been caught doing *that* in his room, to his painting, *and* had nearly set fire to the room, sort of killed that marvelous time. And made her never want to do anything of the sort again, inside or outside his house or room or in the same world.

"Damn it!" Scarlet had taken up cursing again, about an hour into this hunt. "Stupid tree. Stupid water. Stupid – ahh!" She slipped and slid down a steep slope. "Mud! If I never see this stupid – uggh! – wood ever again, for the rest of my life, it will be too soon!"

She tried to stand, but her shoes, unsuitable for the outdoors, couldn't find a purchase in the mud. She groaned and sat back down, trying to keep back the tears of frustration she felt blooming; her skirt was literally dripping with mud, so it couldn't possibly hurt it any more than it already was. Besides, she needed to rest for a few minutes.

That few minutes turned to hours, and she opened her eyes to a fading darkness. She was ice cold, and her hair was damp with dew. The mud had caked around her legs and skirt, and she stood with a small groan. Flakes of dirt shook off, settling on her ruined shoes. The sun was rising though the trees behind her. If she was right, the sun rose behind their home, so walking toward the sunrise might bring her back to the house. And, despite everything, and even though she was going to be in a world of trouble, she *really* wanted to go home.

The sun was reaching the middle of the sky when she finally glimpsed the towers of the house. They were still nearly a mile off, but her pace quickened at the thought of the warm house – warmer than out here, anyway – and, hopefully, a very long, warm bath, followed by a very warm dinner, and a very long rest in her warm, comfortable bed. Followed, unfortunately, by what promised to be an intense punishment.

About half a mile away, her shoes gave out. She was surprised they'd lasted that long. She simply kicked the scraps off and continued picking her way, albeit much slower, through the forest. She stumbled over a root, and managed to catch herself, barely. But her left foot now had a large gash, and was horribly bruised and bleeding, and she stopped to sit down for a moment.

"I should be home within the hour," she reasoned aloud to herself, bending to tear some cloth off the bottom of her hem. She wrapped the filthy strips around her damaged foot carefully, hoping they'd provide at least some protection. It would be just her luck if, after all this, she came down with some sort of nasty infection.

"And, when I'm home, I'll march right up to him and say – no, I'll *demand* that he postpone that stupid punishment till tomorrow. He's the one that told me to get out, after all. I was just following orders! And –"

A soft noise caught her attention, and she froze, staring around at the trees, looking for the source. It came again, a low almost moan. Something hurt in the woods? When the noise came again, it sounded distinctly more...human.

"Hello?" She stood carefully, and ventured a few steps away. "Is someone there?" It was louder this time. "Do you need help?"

"P-please." The reply was nearly silent, but it made her pause. It couldn't be. No way in hell – "Annabelle."

"Shit!" She nearly stepped on his leg. Instead, when her foot landed on him, she overbalanced herself carefully and tumbled down next to him.

"I ought to spank you for that, wife," he growled hoarsely, . "But, as it is, I'm in no condition for it at the moment. I'll have to give you an IOU."

"Oh, shut up," She growled back. "What have you gotten yourself into, *husband*?"

"I've fallen and can't get up." He almost sounded like he was joking, but there was no way in hell her stern husband would ever joke about anything. "Care to do something about that? And I'll give you another IOU for that insubordination."

"Give me all the IOUs you want, my dear." With him down and out like this, she was feeling very daring. "The fact of the matter is, right now, you're helpless and I'm the only one who can help you."

"Then do so."

"I don't know if I will." She sat closer and inspected him. He was damp and muddy, and had bruises and cuts all over whatever bits of body she managed to see. A particularly nasty gash over his left brow had bled all over his handsome face, and she wiped away what she could with a semi-clean bit of her dress. "Now, why can't you get up on your own? And what the hell are you doing out here?"

"To answer your second question first, I came out after this infuriating woman I am – reluctantly – married to decided to run away from home in the middle of a storm, leading my faithful butler and myself to chase after her. After several hours searching, we returned home, hoping the silly girl had returned on her own, and found that not to be the case. After a lovely dinner and some rest, I set out – alone, might I add – to bring said absurd woman home, where she belongs. And now, to answer your first question, it was while on this idiotic hunt for this unfortunately daft young woman, that I tripped and sprained my ankle. Had this simple girl –"

"Okay, that's enough of that!" Scarlet snapped, standing up furiously. "If you call me 'stupid,' or 'simple,' or any one of those other names, I will leave you right here! And I won't tell Abner where you've gone, either! Now, apologize, or so help me, I'll leave you here to freeze!"

"My irritating wife has claws, doesn't she?" He smirked at her, the look thrown off by his scarred face. "I apologize for stating the truth. Now, since I've done what you've asked, would you please help me back to the house so I can clean up and then punish your delectable ass. I believe, at this point, I owe you quite a few spankings. Have you been keeping track?"

"You will not be spanking me, oh husband of mine. If your hand even approaches my rear end in a manner that is less than..." she trailed off. 'Less than' what? "Anyway, if your hand comes near me, I'll..." she stopped again. Making threats was harder than she'd thought it would be. What in the world could she do that would cause any sort of a rise in him, or make him repent the strike?

"Cat got your tongue?"

"Shut up. Don't hit me. Ever again."

"But don't you like it?" He winked and tried to sit up. She watched him struggle for a moment, before helping him, grudgingly.

"I mean it. Promise me, now, that you won't strike me, and I'll help you back to the house."

"Promise you won't run away again, first."

"You're in no position to bargain."

"Have it your way, then," he sat, with his arms crossed, like a stubborn child.

Scarlet groaned and walked a few yards away. Her feet hesitated, as if they had a mind of their own, just as he called her.

"Wait. Annabelle, wait. Please."

She turned to face him, frowning. "What?"

It took him a moment to speak. "I won't hit you. I promise."

"Okay, let's get you home, then." It would be useless to try to get him to agree to anything else. She bent and pulled him up by the hand. He tried to help as best he could. Even so, with the foot in height and, at least, sixty-five pounds he had on her, it was a struggle. He limped along beside her, leaning heavily on her shoulder. "You didn't have to come after me, you know. For one thing, you're...well, you're blind. Adventuring outside on your own is stupid, and almost suicide. And for another, if I *am* such a problem to you, and you hate me so much – even though we've gone days without more than a hello – then leaving me out in the storm, to die or find my own way...away...wouldn't be so hard, right? You don't need me around, and we'll be getting a divorce soon anyway, right? So –"

"Stop!" He ordered, making her jump. She stopped walking, and he tottered when he pushed her away from him, only slightly, so he could stare down into her face. "I don't hate you. You're my wife, whether you or I like it or not, you know. So, problem woman or not, when you run away from me, I will come looking for you." He reached for her, and yanked her arm hard when she resisted. She tripped and fell into him, but he somehow managed to keep both their balance. "And, about that divorce...I don't want one." He pulled her tighter and laid his lips over hers, hard.

Scarlet tried to scream, tried to wriggle away, tried to push him. Donovan only held her tighter. One hand came up and tugged her chin, forcing her jaw open. His tongue barged its way into her mouth, pushing past the paltry resistance she set with her own tongue and teeth. And, he quickly set about ravishing her, very thoroughly.

It was a hard kiss, brutal, punishing.

Scarlet could feel his shaft, solid, against her half-skirted legs. She stepped back, but his hand only closed, gently, around the back of her throat. She froze, and he drew her back in. She kept fighting, until at last, she knew it was useless, and she let him do what he would.

"You know you don't want one either." He pulled away at last, just when she began to surrender and enjoy herself, and turned to continue their walk.

Scarlet couldn't speak. What the hell? Why had he changed his mind? She had been a pain in his ass, since the first time they met. And especially most recently. She couldn't imagine what had happened that would make him want her still.

"You're quiet, for once, my dear. I do believe I've made you speechless."

"I was thinking."

"Such a surprise, for you...and here I thought you never thought things through."

"What's gotten into you, Donovan? You've never been this..."

"I don't exactly know. All I know is, when you found me, I...I wanted to...I was relieved, that you had reached me. That you were safe."

She stopped them again, and turned him to face her. "What? You were really worried? Because I wasn't safe, not because you were mad? Or because you were stuck unless Abner found you?"

"No. Yes. I mean, I was mad. But that's not why I wanted you home. Last night, I decided to leave you on your own, when Abner and I stopped looking. You ran out and got yourself lost, and it was your own fault. But the house was quiet without you."

"You never see me anyway." She interrupted.

"That's not what I meant. It felt emptier. Without you there, silent or not, the house wasn't the same. And I knew I had to find you."

Scarlet blinked at him a few moments before starting to lead him slowly again. "What have you done to my husband?" Donovan only chuckled. "I'm fucking serious! You *don't* like me, Donovan. You never have, and, honestly, you probably never will. I understand that you feel grateful that I saved your life, or whatever, but, honestly, you've changed."

"I don't quite know, Annabelle. All I can say is you've grown on me. The whole time that I was away, I was missing you. And, even though we don't get along now, I think you and I could make this work."

"Are you mad that I was in your rooms?"

"Yes. I told you not to do that. But, I don't know why I expected you to listen. Then again..." He smirked again. "What you were doing in my rooms makes up for it, partly.

Scarlet flushed and picked up the pace. He made her feel guilty, and like a brat so easily. And, like a wanton, sex-starved fiend. She was tired of talking to him; trying to figure out his sudden change of heart was giving her a headache. But, as hard as she tried to stop thinking about it, the thoughts still came. He wanted to keep her, heaven knew why. They fought constantly – didn't speak, on the better days. She was, in his opinion, silly, infuriating, absurd...and a million other things.

She thought he was a possessive, chauvinistic, big-headed, high-and-mighty bastard...who she had the unfortunate luck of being cursed to marry and, ultimately, desire.

What an odd pair they made.

"We're here." He spoke finally, and she was drawn out of her thoughts. They were nearly out of the trees, and she could see the gates. 'Home,' as it was, for the moment, had never looked quite so wonderful. "You're limping."

She had completely forgotten her foot in all the talking and walking. The pain come rushing back at the memory. "Oh. Oww."

"'Oww'? What have you done to yourself?" He stopped them, and growled at her when she tried to keep walking. "Stop moving, Annabelle."

She cast a longing look at the iron gates. "I'm fine. Really. When I get home, I'll take care of it."

"What did you do?" Donovan demanded again, kneeling and taking her foot in his hand. When she tried to pull her foot out of his grip, he tugged her down onto her butt.

"I only tripped." Scarlet squirmed to get away. "Let go of me."

"Wife..." For once it didn't sound condescending. In fact, she almost liked the way it rolled, sort of affectionately, from his mouth. "Be still." She finally sat still and let him examine her. He frowned at the makeshift bandage, and she thought he would say something scathing, but he only shook his head softly and began to unwrap the cloth. She bit her lip to stifle a gasp as the last bit fell away. It stuck in the blood and dirt, and pulled her wound.

"Dear god, Annabelle!" His sensitive fingertips brushed over the edges of her cut and she hissed in a breath. "What did you say you did, again?"

"I tripped."

"What happened to your shoes?"

"Umm, they were ruined. Those slippers you bought me aren't really built for hiking."

He snorted and returned to poking and prodding. "You shouldn't have tried it."

"It's not like you fared much better!" She finally had enough, and yanked her stinging foot away. "At least, I can walk on mine."

"I have less chance of getting infected." Donovan stripped off his coat and shirt.

Scarlet tried her absolute hardest not to look at all the rippling muscles revealed by his lack of clothing. But it was next to impossible. She was practically drooling, watching the taut muscles flex and pull as he carefully shredded his much cleaner shirt into new bandages. She silently mourned when he pulled his jacket back over his bared body, hiding it from her gaze.

He paused and smirked slightly, and she felt that he knew what she was thinking. "This isn't going to be pleasant. You should have cleaned it sooner. But, I'll call the doctor when we get home and have him look at it. From what I can tell, it's a pretty bad cut."

Scarlet didn't have a chance to reply. He immediately set about wiping down her foot carefully with one of the cleanest pieces. He got most of the mud and grime off, but it also rubbed over the open wound and drew pained gasps from her lips. He looked up at her apologetically, and started re-bandaging her foot. His bandage had more layers, and would definitely provide more protection than the bits of her dress she'd been using.

"How's the rest of your leg, while I'm down here?" He tied the last knot in the cloth, making her grit her teeth, and slid his hand slowly up her leg.

Scarlet immediately jerked away. "Stop that!"

"Oh, be quiet. I'm not going to do anything to you." He caught her ankle and pulled her foot into his lap. "I'm just checking if you hurt anything else."

"I *didn't*!" She pulled away again and struggled to her feet. "I want to get home now!"

He sighed and stood beside her. "Let's go, then."

She limped more this time, since he'd reawakened the pain. He was limping as well, worse than she was, but he still tried to support her. She leaned on him gratefully, but carefully. They, most likely, made an odd picture. 'The blind leading the lame.'

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing," She hadn't realized that she had laughed out loud at that thought. He grunted and moved a little faster.

Abner met them at the gate, all decked out to search for them. Scarlet barely heard his scolding both of them; her for running, and him for following. It seemed to take forever to reach the front steps, and Donovan gallantly hoisted her up in his arms and carried her up them, sprained ankle and all, and despite her protests.

In fact, he didn't set her down until they reached the bathroom adjoining their bedroom, and that was only so he could turn on the water in the huge bathtub. Abner hovered in the background, ready to lend a hand if needed, but Donovan told him to leave and get them something to eat.

When they were alone, Scarlet started pulling the dirty, ruined dress off, careless of the fact that her husband was still in the room. It wasn't until he turned to lift her into the tub that she remembered her modesty.

She was, of course, completely naked, by that point. "Wait! You don't have to help me in. It's only a couple steps away."

He ignored her. And when she tried to stand up on her own, he grabbed her and pulled her into his arms. She squeaked, very conscious of the fact that her bare body was pressed, nearly head to toe, against his clothed, hard body. A bright flush spread across her cheeks. "When will you learn to not fight me?"

"When will you learn that I'm *never* going to learn that?" She snapped back. "I'm naked."

"I'm *very* aware of that, Annabelle." He smirked and all but tossed her into the hot water. She came up sputtering soap suds, ready to fight, but then the heat sank in, and she sighed and slumped back. Her eyes closed, and she stretched out in the basin, which was probably big enough for the both of them, plus another two people, giving in to the need to relax.

"How's the water?" He asked quietly.

She just sighed in answer. A rustle caught her attention, but she was too tired to open her eyes. It wasn't till the water shifted, lapped against her chest, that she jerked completely awake and was met with an eyeful of Donovan's maleness as he slid into the water on the opposite side of the tub.

"What are you doing?" she demanded, sliding away, and almost exiting the tub.

"I need to bathe too, and it will take too long, since you're probably going to soak for a while, and it saves water."

"B-but there are more bathrooms in this house. You don't have to share one with me."

Again, he ignored her and started stretching out. She scooted as far away from every bit of his body that came near her, and he laughed. "You might as well accept it, Annabelle. I'm bathing with you. And then, we're going to eat together. And sleep together."

12