Believing in Fate Ch. 02

Story Info
Matt scores a date.
3.2k words
4.52
9.9k
1

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/19/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

To all readers,

This is the second installment to Believing in Fate Ch. 01. To my previous readers BE PATIENT! Between midterms and allergies, I'm trying my best too keep on top of it all.

I'd like to thank those few readers who commented on the last chapter and really, THANK YOU! Your comments made me decide to keep submitting my work and motivated me to make it fulfilling for you guys as much as it was for me.

While someone suggested an editor, I really did try but no one responded so I really took the time to go over this chapter many times myself. If anyone would offer editing after reading my stories, please let me know for help in the following chapters :)

Keep the comments coming and enjoy this chapter!

Sw33tlove

*

When Ashlynn's alarm clock went of at six the next morning, she was not a happy camper. After all her years in medical school, she should be used to the lack of sleep her profession gave her. Yet, she wasn't. She dragged herself into the shower while thinking about her dream about Matthew Carson. She really needed to get him out of her mind. He was something she didn't need and she should really stay away for her own good. Not like she really had the time to do anything anyways, she thought.

Feeling a bit more refreshed after her shower, Ashlynn quickly dressed and went down for some hot chocolate and turned on her computer. She never really did understand the need or obsession people had over coffee, but that was just her. She settled for her rich hot chocolate while looking out the window and saw the gray fog that covered the city for the day. Las Vegas never really had any cloudy days, but the weather has been a bit wacky lately. After checking her emails, she quickly rinsed her mug and made sure she had everything in her bag.

Waking up with his back aching wasn't too fun for Matt but then he heard his mom and dad speaking quietly and woke up immediately refreshed. "Dad!" he yelled and hurried over to the side of the bed. "How are you feeling champ? Don't scare us like that again!" he rushed, simply relieve that his dad was alright.

"Quit your nagging son. I've already got that from your mother this morning," his voice was weak but full of authority and love that his Irish ancestors would be proud of.

"Well I see your up and running already aren't you Mr. Carson?" the melodic voice sang behind him. He turned around and smiled, ready to face her. He was stunned since it was the first time he every got to take in her features. It definitely showed that she had an asian mix in her blood somewhere while her cute little button nose topped off her lush pink lips that begged him to devour them.

"That little thing can't get to me," his father's voice boomed from behind him. "Now let me introduce you to my son if he can remember his manners. This is Matt, Matt meet Dr. Ashlynn McGregor."

"Nice to meet you," she said holding out her hand. He grasped her hand in a firm, sure grip and looked straight at her and gave her a grin that made her panties wet. A jolt went through her when their hands met and made her quickly pull it away and turned her attention to her real reason to being in this room.

"It's MY pleasure," he said under his breath, feeling the same jolt that rushed though him. Smiling as she quickly pulled her hand away, telling him that she felt it too and he wasn't the only one affected. She quickly darted his eyes and turned away and that made him grin even more. He was happy to see that his dad was okay and his life was about to get much more interesting after meeting Dr. McGregor.

She continued with her normal routine checks and began to feel like her old self as familiarity came back to her and settle herself to doing her job. She didn't know why just his presence would affect her this much, but it wasn't good. She couldn't handle having a man like Matt in her life. She liked her simple life that just kept her busy all the time and knew that Matt anything but simple.

"Well everything is looking good Mr. Carson. We'll keep you here for another night since there seem to be no complications with anything and I'll come by at the end of this week to do another routine check-up. Try working on that diet we talked about and some exercise alright? I'll call you at the end of the week to see what time is good for me to come by." Ashlynn said.

"That bacon is not going anywhere but I'll work on the exercise part doc," he answered with the same handsome grin as his son.

"That sounds like a compromise, but maybe you should try some turkey bacon..." she didn't even finish before he rolled his eyes and she laughed. She couldn't help but tease him knowing that he would never compromise on his pork or bacon. If anything, she's learned through Mr. Carson that Irish men are nothing but stubborn.

"Not going to happen my girl. Ain't nothing like a fine slab of pork belly, and not those kinds you find at the grocery store either. You ought to come over for breakfast and see for yourself, I'll tell you, you'll never tell a man not to eat bacon after that." he claimed.

Ashlynn had to laugh at how passionate he was about his bacon and knew that she wouldn't be able to dissuade him, but with a balance meal throughout the day and some exercise should keep him away from the OR. "I may have to take you up on that someday Mr. Carson. You get some rest now so you can go home tomorrow."

"That you do my dear girl," he said.

They all thanked her as she turned to leave and head back to her office. She usually finished all her rounds before coming to see him knowing he would simply have her there and talk to her for hours if possible.

She heard someone call her name from behind her that brought her out of her thoughts. Turning around, she saw that it was Matt, quickly running down the hallways to reach her. She wondered if something happened, but looking at his face, she knew it wasn't about her patient.

"Doctor, could I interest you in a cup of coffee downstairs?" he asked. His eyes were searching hers expectant of a yes.

"I have to get to the office," knowing she had no appointments till noon but she tried to avoid being around him and having coffee was probably not a good idea.

"Just a few minutes?" he inquired.

"I don't drink coffee," I went on again trying to get out of it. Then she looked into his eyes, and knew she'd end up giving in.

"Hot chocolate, tea, water then?" he smiled. "Please?"

"Uh, sure. Just a few minutes." she relented. His smile broadened, happy that he won some of her time.

They walked down to the coffee stand in the hospital in silence both in their own thoughts.

"What would you like?" he asked when they reached the line.

"Just a small cup of tea is fine."

"Why don't you grab us a table and I'll get our drinks," he told her as he saw a bunch of ENT's trail in the door.

"Sure," she turned and took a table on the far corner of the shop.

A large shadow grew over her and she looked up expecting to find Matt, but found her brother instead.

"I'm surprised, you never come down here. Even I couldn't get you to come down and get me coffee. So who dragged you?" he asked with a curious gaze.

"Uh."

"She's here with me," she heard Matt say before she could answer as her brother turned around to face him. It was funny as they sized each other up. While she was the older sister, Jacob or Jake McGregor was always protective of his sister. They were only two years apart, but he acted as if he was their father. When her prom date came to pick her up, he had made threats sitting on one side of her date while her father sat on the other. The memory made her smile as she turned to introduce the two before they ripped each other's throats out.

"Dr. Jacob McGregor," her brother said while thrusting out his hand to Matt. The look in his eye had something that challenged Matt and she laughed at the encounter. This was hilarious seeing as Matt looked so startled when he heard the name and funny that her brother saw the need to add his title. As if his lab coat didn't say enough, her brother usually hated to introduce himself with a title.

"Matthew Carson, nice to meet you Doctor," he grasped the hand and they shook while looking at each other. It was hard to ignore the emphasis he put on doctor that just made her unable to contain the humor to herself.

"Well now that you've met my brother, you can stop sizing each other up don't you think?" she said laughing, breaking the intense silence between them.

The moment she said brother, his eyes immediately looked relieve and his body less threatening to the man in his grasp. They look nothing alike, he thought. After really looking, he could see that they did have very similar features but accented differently. He relaxed as he felt some weight lift off his shoulders. Until now, he wasn't aware of how much what he saw last night affected him.

"I guess I'll leave you guys at it then. I'll talk to you later sis," he said as he gave Matt a last glare and walked over to get his coffee and flirt with the girl behind the counter.

"Well, that was awkward," she offered him a smile.

"You guys don't look alike much. But I don't think he likes me much either," he laughed.

"He's just protective," she dismissed.

"He should be," not believing what a fool he made of himself. She probably thinks I'm the biggest idiot on the planet. Well I might as well just shoot for it since I can't be a bigger idiot than I already have been he thought. "Would you like to go to dinner sometime?" he asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea," she said slowly.

"Are you with someone?" he asked.

"No," it came out a little too fast but it was an answer out of habit for her. It seemed that everyone has been asking her that lately.

"May I at least have an explanation to why you won't have dinner with me?" he pressed on. He wasn't used to getting rejected, ever and he really didn't know how to react. He wasn't a player, or a womanizer even, but when he got lonely, there were always warm bodies to cherish at night. Yet, none of them had ever effected him the way this woman in front of him seem to have. Simply looking at her made his jeans uncomfortable. What would having her naked and writhing underneath him do?

"I..." she tried to think of something. But really, she couldn't lie. For the life of her or for any other, she just didn't have the skills to lie. She just thought the truth was always the best way to go. In this case, she was really starting to rethink that motto of hers.

"I promise I'll be a gentleman. I just want to get to know you more and if not dinner we can do whatever else," he rushed on until she covered one of his hands with hers.

"It's not that. It's more that I don't have the time and really you're not exactly known for... relationships. I don't have time to play games Matt, and really a one night stand isn't on my agenda either." She said.

He was stunned. Two hits in one day. He wasn't really happy about what she was saying since it wasn't true. He definitely wasn't looking for a one night stand with her but rather something along the lines of happily ever after but it was a little too soon for that. While he may have had many lovers along his years, he's never treated them with disrespect or even thought of them as a one-night stand. Sometimes he was only in the city for one night and the women didn't seem to want anything beyond that.

"I think I should be more precise. What I want with you is very far from a one-night stand and it's no game. I think it was the moment I saw you back at the club when I wanted to go talk to you. Then we both had to run because of my dad. I never thought I'd see you again and as fate would have it, I saw you come out from the double doors and knew I had another chance. Don't you believe in fate?" he asked.

Her mind was still reeling in from his speech. Fate? He was really not what she expected.

"So would you reconsider going to dinner with me now Dr. McGregor? Or can I call you Ashlynn," he said her name in a way that made her shiver. It was smooth, deep, and in a tone that definitely implied more than her name.

"Give me a chance." He said while rubbing her knuckles with his thumb. Just that little touch made her ready to give into just about anything. It really wasn't her, but she just couldn't seem to be curious as to what a night with Matt would be like. She didn't just mean in her bed or any bed for that matter, but just being in his company.

"Alright. One chance. Call me for when and where Mr. Carson," she rose and started towards the door.

"You didn't give me your number," he said as he caught up with her with a sly grin on his face.

"I'm sure for a man like yourself, it wouldn't be too hard to find." She smiled at him to the side and turned towards the entrance leaving him grinning like a fool.

Three hours later, Ashlynn was getting pretty frustrated with all the paperwork due. She went through ten years of school to treat patients only to still be doing paperwork, she thought. Running a hand through her thick dark mane again, she started to close her eyes and just relax for a bit. There was no point in getting flustered when she'd have to finish it no matter what.

When he phone rang, she didn't even bother opening her eyes and just reached for her cell. "Hello," she said lazily.

"You sound like you miss me," his dark voice teased.

"You work pretty quick Mr. Carson." She laughed. She'd recognize his voice anywhere and didn't need caller ID to help her with that.

"Mr. Carson's my dad. Matt is enough for me and I would really like to hear what it's like coming from your voice." He pushed on.

"Right. Says the stranger I have on the phone." She smiled. He was a welcome distraction to her papers and after this morning, she figured she might as well deal with what comes her way. She was tired of her dull, boring life anyways. Maybe he was just what she needed.

"Well, why don't you come out with this stranger Friday night and see what you think of him then," he managed with such confidence.

"What did you have in mind?" she asked.

"Don't you like surprises?" he asked not willing to give anything up.

"Not really. I like to know what's going on."

"Well now I really can't tell you. So what time's your last patient on Friday?"

"Most likely 5:30."

"Can I pick you up at 7 then?"

"Sure. My next patients here, I have to go," she said as she saw one of her nurses messaging her.

"I'll see you later sweetheart." He murmured. The endearment bringing shivers down her arms. No one has ever given her that endearment aside from her father. Somehow she liked it much more coming from Matt. She tried not to let it get to her thinking he was just trying to get laid but couldn't shake it off.

The silence that followed his endearment made him unsure if he had pushed too far too fast. But then her breathing on the other end of the line made him harden instantly and he knew that rather than put her off, it's hooked her in. Good, he thought. He intended to use it for a while if things go his way.

"I have to go, I'll see you then." She quickly hung up before he could say anything else.

Since he just got home from the hospital, he called her right after settling on the couch as he couldn't wait a moment longer. After hearing her voice and her laughter, he figured he could use a cold shower to get clean and to help with his pained lower organ anyways. Just the thought of her being affected by him as he is with her made him unable to calm himself down. It was ridiculous. His body kept acting like a sixteen-year-old boy with raging uncontrollable hormones.

Rather than a cold shower helping him, it didn't so he decided to turn it comfortably warm and ended the shower spraying down the tiled walls. He could swear on his life that he's never had a climax that could compare to that in his life and it was only from just thinking about her.

The next three days went by with him calling her everyday or even twice a day sometimes. She was beginning he was seriously whacky with his weird sense of humor. He would make every cell in her body sing for him during her fitful nights' sleep by tormenting her with what he would do and how good it would be. She'd probably pass out if it got any better than her imaginations.

When Friday rolled around, she paced her bedroom nervously in her robe as she looked at the outfit she laid out on her bed. Too sexy maybe? It would definitely be consider the ultimate little black dress with the one shoulder strap holding up the dress that made it to her mid thighs. Snugly molding around every curve and ridge of her body like a second skin. No time like the present she thought was she slipped it on. She grabbed a pair of black Manolo Blahnik pumps from her closer and small clutch just as the doorbell rang.

When she opened the door, Matt's heart just about stopped and he was slowly floating towards heaven. He nearly dropped the flowers he ordered for her as he felt his body go limp and all the blood in his body rush south. Maybe they wouldn't make it out to dinner after all...