Believing is Seeing

Story Info
Sometimes it's best not to look.
9.7k words
3.99
59.6k
34
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I met Jenny in college, of course. Most people meet their spouses in college and I was no exception. I used to have lunch every day at The Cage, in the quad just outside the engineering building. It was communal seating, so I just plopped myself down on a bench and waited to see who would sit near me. Usually, it was one of my friends in the engineering department, but sometimes it was someone from "out there." "Out there" meant the north side of campus, where the art, music, and history majors were. We engineers tolerated the interlopers, but just barely.

One day, a very attractive girl sat right across from me. Blonde hair that curled in at the shoulders, fair skin that seemed to be without blemish, a slightly upturned nose, and dark eyes that held promise and mystery, at least to me. Oh, yeah, and a killer smile. Actually, it was the smile that struck me first. I smiled back at her as she sat down, looking at her quizzically. She noticed me staring but didn't say anything. I took a couple more bites of my hamburger, stabbed a french fry into my mouth, stared at her some more, then said "hmm."

She looked at me and said "hmm, what?"

I smiled. "I was just wondering," I said, "if you were an art, music, or history major. You seem to have an air of creativity about you. That probably means art, but I have read some history that's pretty creative, so I can't rule history out."

She frowned. "What makes you think I'm any of them?" she said.

"Pretty simple," I responded. "The only people who eat at The Cage are engineers and the north campus people. It's clear you're north campus, so it has to be art, music, or history." I was rather proud of my logic.

"And how do you know I'm not an engineer?" she asked, with just a hint of a grin.

I laughed. "That's obvious," I said. "There's no way a girl as pretty as you would ever lower herself to be an engineer. I'm guessing it's art. Am I right?"

She smiled that killer smile of hers and said, "Nope, not even close. Guess again."

"Music, then. Flutist?" I guessed.

"Nope," she said. "That's two down. Try again."

"Okay, I think I've narrowed it down, then," I said. "You just don't look like a history major to me, that's all."

"Well," she said, "you may want to reexamine your assumptions."

"What assumptions have I made?" I asked. I couldn't think of any, besides assuming she was from this planet. Oh, maybe she wasn't a student. Hmm, that could be.

"You have eliminated a major based on a faulty assumption," she said.

My eyes got a bit wider at that. "You're an engineering major? No way."

"Way," she said. She held out her hand to me and said, "Jenny."

"Sam," I said, shaking her hand with disbelief. "How come I haven't seen you around? I'm pretty sure I would have noticed you before."

She shrugged. "I just transferred. I'm a junior now, but I'm not taking the normal junior classes, since I have already taken them. There are some other classes I'm taking to make up in some areas. How about you? What year are you?"

"I'm a junior, too," I said.

We chatted over a brief lunch. I found out she started out at a community college to save money. She didn't say so directly, but it seemed like her family didn't have a lot to spare. She lives with her mother, for now, but wants to move into a dorm or maybe an apartment. She said she would probably do better in school if she were out on her own. I told her about my family, which is only me and my mother and father. I'm an only child following in his father's footsteps to be an engineer. She said she took to engineering naturally, even though no one in her family ever went to college. I asked about her classes and how she liked them, then she asked about mine. We complained about the professors and the amount of work, but figured it wouldn't last that much longer before we were gainfully employed and making the big bucks. We laughed at the absurdity of that.

We finished our meals about the same time and cleaned up our area, tossing the napkins and containers into the trash. I told her it was nice to meet her and said I hoped I'd see her again. She said she liked meeting me, too, and echoed my hope to meet again. With that, we went our separate ways.

It was another week or two before I bumped into her again. I saw her sitting alone, more or less, at The Cage, so I sat down next to her. "Howdy, stranger," I said with a smile.

She looked up from her book. "Sam!" she said. "Long time, no see."

"Yeah," I said, "I've been pretty stealthy with my stalking. You probably haven't noticed me once, have you?"

She laughed. "Nope, not even once. You're pretty good at it." She smiled and tilted her head. I really liked the way she looked. "How are your classes so far?"

I winced. "Thermo sucks, but mechanics is okay. And quantum electrodynamics is pretty cool, although not what I expected. How about you?"

"Material sciences is about the only one I like so far. The professor is pretty good. He used to work in the industry, so he gives us insight into how it'll be when we graduate. It sounds like fun, but it also sounds like it can be a real pressure cooker."

"How so?" I asked.

"He says you're always working to a deadline and you're never given enough time to do a good job," she said. "There's never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over, according to him. And the hours can get pretty long, if there is a delivery due or maybe some sort of design review with the customer. All in all, it's not quite what I expected the field to be like, so his insight is pretty helpful."

"Yeah," I said, "I'm guessing it'll never be what we expect, so I don't bother expecting anything. I'll take what comes. And if I don't like it, I'll climb on my motorcycle and be a bum."

"You have a motorcycle?" she asked, raising her eyebrows just a bit.

"Yeah," I said, "it's how I get around. Parking around here sucks, so I just ride my motorcycle. It doesn't use much gas and I can park for free in those little lots they have. If I had a car, it would cost a fortune just for the parking permit." I lifted my chin in mock pride. "And I haven't had an accident...yet."

"Yet," she smiled. "Try to keep it that way." She paused a bit, tilted her head, then asked "Think I can have a ride sometime?"

I smiled. "I think that can be arranged."

So I took her for a ride. We didn't really go anywhere, just out into the hills, away from the campus and the houses around the school. She held onto me pretty tightly, clearly a bit nervous at first, but she mellowed out after a while and seemed to enjoy the ride. I enjoyed the feel of her arms wrapped around me. We stopped off at one of my favorite places.

"I like it here because you can look out for miles," I said. "When I get stressed, I come here to calm down. At night, you can see all the lights of the city. It's pretty, as long as the weather holds up."

She looked out at the view. "It is nice," she said. "I can see how this would be a good escape. I sure could use some calming right now."

I looked at her. She had a small frown on her face. "What's wrong?" I asked.

She turned to look at me. "Oh, nothing, really," she shrugged. "Just some family stuff." She left it at that.

As the school year progressed, we took more trips and I tried to find out more about her. She was willing to talk about her plans and her experiences, but she wouldn't say anything about her family. She mentioned her mother once or twice, but nothing about her father or any siblings she might have. I didn't push it, though; it was clear it was a sensitive subject for her. I'm guessing her father was no longer part of her family and it was painful for her, so I didn't bring the subject up after a while.

We continued to meet at The Cage and do some things after classes. We took in some movies, and a play or two, which was a lot of fun. Sometimes we'd grab some dinner and just chat about nothing in particular. Sometimes we'd grab some dinner and not say a word, just looking at each other. We didn't need to tell each other how close we felt; it was one of those obvious things you just didn't have to say. What purpose would words have when all you had to do was touch hands and feel the electricity?

During our senior year, we had several classes in common, so we spent more time together. A lot of it was studying, but some of it was getting to know each other better. I was sharing an apartment with another guy and she had a dorm room with two other girls. My friend was nice enough to make sure he was gone from time to time, just so Jenny and I could be alone. Actually, I think my roommate was having his own fun with his girlfriend. In any case, it worked out well for Jenny and me.

The first time I saw Jenny naked was in my bedroom. We had been kissing for a while and I was getting pretty hard. She noticed and rubbed my cock a little bit. "Are you sure that's what you want?" I asked. She bit her lip and nodded. I reached out to caress her face and kissed her. While our lips were locked, I moved one hand down to her ass and pulled her closer to me. Then I gently caressed a breast. I could feel her nipple poking out. Without a word, I pulled back and started unbuttoning her blouse. When I got down to the last button, I unzipped her skirt and let it fall to the ground. It gently slid down, give me a full view of her beautiful legs and cotton panties that were moist. I slid my hands up her sides and peeled off her blouse. Then I reached behind and unhooked her bra, letting it drop to the floor as well.

Her breasts were magnificent. Not too small and not too large, they were sensitive and just the right size to cup with my hands. My tongue circled her areolas and flicked at her nipples; the reward was moans of delight from Jenny. I reached down to her panties, rubbing the moist area with my hand. Then I reached inside her panties and ran my fingers over her wet slit, getting more moans as she leaned into me. I massaged her slit and clit some more, then kneeled down and pulled her panties to the floor. Then I stood up and looked at her.

What a vision she was. I didn't have a lot of experience with women, but I had seen plenty of pictures and knew that Jenny was prettier than anyone I had ever seen. Her tits were high and her bush was tightly trimmed. Her legs drew my stare to her pussy, already wet with desire.

"You have too many clothes on," she said, as she started taking my shirt off.

"I wondered why it was so hot in here," I said, groaning a bit as she rubbed my cock under my shorts.

She made quick work of the rest of my clothes and kneeled to drop my underwear to the ground. My erection popped out as soon as she got the elastic band underneath it. She let the underwear fall, then grabbed my cock and started to stroke it. I groaned with appreciation, then gasped as I felt her warm mouth envelop me. She worked my cock with her tongue and the feeling was indescribable.

"Oh, God, Jenny!" All I could do was grunt. I looked down at her and she smiled as she stroked my cock some more and licked the head. I knew I couldn't take much more of this, so I pulled her up and lead her to the bed.

I gently pushed her down on the bed, with her legs hanging over the side. I kissed her lips, then her eyes, then her neck. I licked her tits one by one, then kissed down toward her pussy. She spread her legs for me, letting me lick her slit and rewarding me with moans and a slight shiver. I flicked at her clit from time to time and she jumped each time my tongue touched her. I sucked on her clit and her hips rose up, pressing against my mouth for more pressure. Her moans were becoming louder.

"Please," she begged, "put it in me. Put it in me now."

I reached over to my nightstand to get a condom. She stopped me. "I'm on the pill," she said. "I've been ready for this for quite a while. Please, please, put it in me."

I moved her legs a bit farther apart and pushed my cock toward her pussy. She grabbed it and guided it to where she wanted. She was so wet my cock slid in easily. And as it did so, I got a lightning bolt of pleasure like I had never known. She pushed against me and I pushed inside of her, bottoming out against her clit.

"Oooo!" she screamed. "That feels soooo good!"

I moved in and out, slowly at first, but my cock was starting to tighten and I knew I wouldn't last much longer. I pounded her a few more times, then exploded, roaring my climax. I continued to move in and out, drawing out all the feeling I could. I stopped with my cock buried deep inside her and held onto her until my cock softened and fell out. I rolled over and laid by her side.

I knew she hadn't had time to come. "I'm sorry," I said. "That just felt too good. I couldn't hold out very long."

"Shush," she said, running her fingers through my hair. "It'll take some practice to get things right. I'm willing to try again, if you are." She smiled at me as she grabbed my cock. It didn't take long for her to make me hard again. The second time went much better. I had never heard her scream like that, but I hoped I would again, real soon.

******************

Jenny and I had sex as often as we could, but school and roommate schedules frequently got in the way. We learned a lot, mostly by reading stuff on the Internet and trying things. We found each other's sensitive spots and discovered interesting things about the human body. Of all the studying we did in school, this was the most useful.

Our senior year was hectic, but we knew it was coming to an end. The job search was what filled much of our time and thoughts. I worried that we would be split apart. It seemed likely that we would end up in different states. You have to go where the jobs are.

But we lucked out. AeroDev was hiring and took both of us. They needed a hardware designer (me) and someone to do software (Jenny). We would be working in different departments and buildings, but at least we'd be in the same complex. We couldn't believe how fortunate we were.

Working for a living was something of a shock. There were no more tests, no more labs to do, and we had tons of people who could help us when we had a problem. There were schedules we had to work to, but nothing like having to solve twenty problems on a final exam in just a few hours. It wasn't stress free, but it was certainly less stressful than school. And we got paid.

By now, we were living together. It seemed logical to go to work together, since we were working for the same company, and it seemed logical that we should live together, since we were going to work together. Everything was logical. And it was logical that we get married.

We were sitting at the kitchen table when I asked her how she felt about that. "You know, Jenny," I started, "we've been together for a while now. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen anyone I'd rather be with."

She smiled and said, "Yeah, pretty slim pickin's out there. I haven't seen much better myself." She poked me in the nose and laughed.

"I'm kind of thinking," I said, "that I never will find anyone better. And I'm kind of thinking that maybe I had better sew things up with you before you decide I'm not good enough."

She shook her head. "If I ever decide you're not good enough, it'll mean my brain's stopped working and you should shoot me to put me out of my misery."

"So..." I said, "should we get married?" I was pretty sure I knew the answer, but you never know.

She got up from the table and walked over to me. "I can't think of a reason why not," she said as she gave me a kiss and rubbed my cock. "And I'm thinking we might want to practice a bit more for the honeymoon. You don't want to mess that up, do you?"

I assured her I did not. So we practiced, and practiced some more.

******************

We started talking about the wedding, working out details. She said she wanted something small and intimate, just friends. "We can invite family, right?" I asked.

"Sure," she hesitated, "but it should be mostly our friends, don't you think?"

"I guess," I said, "but I know my parents will want to come. How about yours?"

She frowned. "I might invite my mom, I guess."

"Good," I said, "I'd like to meet her." For as long as Jenny and I had been going together, I had never met her mom or been to her house. I had accepted that a long time ago, but it always puzzled me why Jenny kept her at arm's length. Maybe it was something Jenny would never be comfortable talking about.

We ended up with just a small wedding, mostly because we couldn't afford much. My parents offered to pay for it, but Jenny and I decided we wanted to do this ourselves. We could have had a nicer event with more financial help, but it would have been bigger, with more people we didn't know (parents' friends, mostly), and that wasn't what we wanted. It was the Golden Rule: he who has the gold makes the rules. We wanted what we wanted and knew that having someone else pay for it meant someone else would make the decisions. We found a small venue and a wedding coordinator who took care of most of the nasty details, so all we had to do was show up.

The ceremony itself was nice and fairly short. It wasn't until the reception that I got to meet Jenny's mother, Marge. I thought I saw her and asked Jenny if that was her mom. She said, yes, she was and reluctantly took me over to her. Jenny walked ahead of me and whispered something to her mom; her mom nodded in response.

"Sam, this is my mom, Marge," Jenny said. There seemed to be a touch of nervousness in her voice, but I couldn't be sure. "Mom, this is my husband, Sam."

Marge smiled at me and said, "It's nice to finally meet you, Sam." She shook my hand and I told her I, too, was delighted to finally meet her.

Marge looked me up and down, then said, "Well, I must say my Jenny made an excellent choice." She smiled her approval.

"Actually, Marge," I said, "I think I'm the one who made the good choice, but thank you just the same."

"Good choices all around, then," Marge said with a smile.

Marge and I chatted for a short while, with Jenny hovering close by. I told her about how we met, then told her about our work and how much we enjoyed it. I started to ask about other relatives when Jenny grabbed my arm. "Oh, look," Jenny said, "there's Professor Kinder! I didn't think he'd come! Let's go chat." She pulled me off in the general direction of where she was looking.

I turned to Marge and said, "I guess we're off. I'm glad you could make it."

"Me, too," Marge said. "It was a lovely ceremony." She smiled, but had raised eyebrows.

So we dashed off to talk to the professor and several other friends. It was a tiring day, to be sure, but it was fun. And the honeymoon was fun, too, even though we didn't see much more than the bedroom.

******************

And so we started wedded bliss. We promised that someday we would have a real honeymoon, maybe to Hawaii or Europe. For now, trying to break the bed was good enough. We learned more and more about each other and found new spots to explore. It seemed there were nerve endings almost everywhere we looked and most of the things we tried felt good, or at least didn't feel bad. I was surprised by some of the things Jenny liked. I would never have guessed them if she hadn't said anything. In general, communication was pretty good between us. And that was crucial for a successful marriage.

******************

"Have you given any thoughts about kids?" I asked.

Jenny frowned. "I think it's a bit early for that, don't you? Aren't you having fun right now? Kids would certainly put a damper on some of our activities." She grinned when she said that.

"True enough," I said, "we'd have to be a little careful once the kids were old enough to understand what was going on. But we don't want to wait too long, do we? I don't want to be changing diapers when I'm sixty." She laughed at that but she let the matter drop.