Belinda Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"ABSOLUTELY!" and with that he hugged Rachel. "If my little girl likes you, I like you." As he backed off, he added, "And my, you're lovely. I'm just glad to meet you."

Eddie came over, fearing the worst. He breathed an unintentionally LOUD sigh of relief when it was obvious his Dad did NOT know Rachel...so far, anyway.

"Eddie, did you meet Rachel?" asked Dad.

"Yup, a few weeks ago; nice kid, Nice kid" gasped Eddie. He took a deep breath and walked away, directly for the bar.

Suddenly, as the small chit chat went on, Belinda noticed Rachel suddenly tense up. Rachel turned to her and whispered, "You come to the bathroom with me please? I need some help with something."

Belinda could see Rachel wasn't playing or trying to get away from her folks, who she was really hitting it off with, she was approaching a panic and apparently NEEDED to discuss something. Belinda said, "Oh sure." Turning to her parents she said, "You know, GIRL stuff." And they hurried off.

Once in the bathroom Rachel checked for anyone else and surprisingly, there was no one. She began to pace and breathe heavily. Belinda gave her a few moments and then said, "OK, SO?"

"Belinda, I'm about to shit myself."

"Best place for it. What's going on?"

"You will NEVER guess who walked in the door."

Belinda trying to be funny said, "Your ex-husband?"

Rachel stopped cold in her tracks, whipped around and faced Belinda, "YES! WHAT THE FUCK?!?"

Belinda stood in shock. "Are you serious? I was kidding, I...."

"NO SHIT! IT'S HIM!" Rachel stumbled over to the sinks and leaned on the counter. "I wish I smoked. I could use a cigarette right now. Oh, but it's so gross." She stood leaning, trying to catch her breath and continued, "Why in the HELL is HE here? He's not REALATED to you is he?"

"No, I don't think so. You've never said much about him I'm not sure." Belinda was racking her brain but with no information, there was nothing in said rack.

"What do I do? How do I get out of here?"

Belinda touched her shoulder. She did her best to calm her companion and said, as calmly as she could, "Why leave. Who cares? He doesn't know shit and there's no reason he should rattle you. You did say you parted kind of on good terms right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. I mean, we've moved on. He doesn't know shit about my life NOW, and I don't care about his."

"Was he with someone?" asked Belinda, still wondering why this guy would show up. "What is his name again? I know you told me once or twice, but, hell...."

"Frank." There was a pause and Rachel went from panic to hysterical laughter. She confused the hell out of Belinda and it showed on her face but within several long seconds, she too remembered the Eddie/Frank connection and, picturing Eddie's face, Belinda too began to laugh almost uncontrollably.

It took several minutes for them to compose themselves. The befuddled look on the few women who came and went from the rest room as they laughed only made stopping the laughter harder. But they managed and exited. Rachel mustered up all the courage a woman could in that situation and, dragging Belinda along, went in search of Frank. She needed Belinda to identify who Frank might be with.

When they found him, he turned and a look of shock came over his face; classic deer in the headlights look.

Belinda saw the guy and standing with him was her cousin Rebecca. As Belinda said, "Rebecca, how are you?" Rachel was approaching Frank, trying to smile, trying NOT to laugh, trying to be totally in control.

"Frank, now THIS is bizarre! What are YOU doing here?" She asked with a definite lilt to her tone.

Frank's jaw dropped. "Rachel. Rachel, you're, YOU'RE here?"

Rebecca looked from one to the other and looked at Belinda asking, "Who is she and how do they know each other?"

Frank turned and began to explain to Rebecca. "This is my EX-Wife, Rachel. Rachel, this is my fiancé, Rebecca."

"Fiancé?" asked Rachel. "Wow, good for the two of you. How long have you been engaged?"

"How long have you two been exes?" asked Rebecca.

"I think it's been about 2 years now," offered Rachel.

"Two and a half," added Frank.

"How is it you've kept this a secret from the family," Belinda asked Rebecca.

"Well, we just got engaged two days ago. We figured we'd tell everyone tonight. SURPRISE!" replied Rebecca.

"Tonight is supposed to be about Eddie."

That got both Belinda and Rachel thinking, then, without a word of explanation, began to laugh uncontrollably again. Frank and Rebecca were dumbfounded.

"Sorry, I know, but the timing was just.....well, it was a bit coincidental and I know I have to tell everyone at SOME point. I'm just not sure why that's funny." Rebecca was at a total loss as to the behavior of these two crazy women. She always knew Belinda had her 'moments' but this was totally out of character.

Frank, too was confused, but he knew Rachel could find the strangest things funny, he just sort of shluffed it off. Belinda he didn't know but figured, if she and Rachel were friends, she was probably out to lunch as well.

"Wait, how did you end up in this area?" asked Rachel suddenly confused as to, of all the places in all the world...blah, blah, blah.

"Do you not recall me telling you that I was planning to move east? We had this discussion three months ago when I said I wouldn't need visitation any longer."

"Visitation?" Rebecca queried, "You have KIDS?"

"No, fish," said Rachel. "Yeah, I know, it's screwy. Best to leave it alone. I know I try to."

The small talk continued for a bit and each began to become more comfortable with why they were all there.

Then Eddie walked over. He immediately wished he hadn't.

Rachel and Belinda fell back into hysteria when they saw the look on Eddie's face as he tried to slink off, but Rebecca saw him and called out, "EDDIE! Damn, Cuz, Happy Birthday!"

Eddie didn't faint. He walked over, hugged Rebecca. As he turned and began to hurry away, he said, "I really have to take a leak. Good to see you. We'll catch up."

Rebecca's forehead got all wrinkly and the furrows got deeper when Frank said, as much to himself as anyone, "Why does that guy look familiar?" Then he shot a look to Rachel, who suddenly exploded one more time with guffaws so loud the entire room became silent. Belinda was laughing almost as hard and had to hold Rachel up.

"Oh GOD, if I don't sit down, I'm going to collapse," burped out Rachel. "Oh and a drink, I really could use a drink. I'm DYING here."

Frank excused himself and nearly RAN for the bar. He stopped himself, walked back, with utter dignity, and asked each their order. Once he had it memorized, he made his way to the bar. When he got there he ordered 3 Jameson, a White Russian, a Madras, and a martini. Two of the Jamesons never left the bar. The bar tender asked if maybe he should take it easy to which Frank replied, "Oh man, if you understood what was going on here, you'd just give me the bottle." He returned with the drinks and sat down.

Eddie in the meantime was hiding in the men's room, sitting in a stall and shivering. If there was ever a time he wished he had a drink, but since there was no one who would deliver to here, he was shit out of luck. He chuckled at the 'shit' reference, then fell back into a state of near despair.

Eddie assessed the entire situation. A couple he once had sex with, BOTH of them, was now here. The woman was sleeping with his sister and had blown his Dad. The man was now engaged to his cousin, who was just distant enough he could legally bang, and had always wanted to, but.....THAT would never be revealed to anyone. His sister and her friend knew everything, the guy knew ENOUGH. Eddie just shivered.

Meanwhile, John, Belinda's Dad made his way over to see Rebecca. "So, my lovely cousin's daughter, how the HELL are you? Why are you so late and WHO is this gentleman, who frankly looks like he's about to vomit," asked John.

"John, THIS....is my FIANCE, Frank," Replied Rebecca. "Two days now. No date set yet, but he's the love of my life." Then she glanced over at Rachel who had laughed herself dry. She just smiled and raised her glass in a bit of a toast.

"That's WONDERFUL," exclaimed John. "Congratulations. What a wonderful occasion. First my son..." he paused and muttered, "Where IS my son?" Then he just sort of shook that off and continued with the original thought, "my son's birthday and you're engaged. Let me buy you a drink!"

"John, we haven't finished these." Said Rebecca.

"Hi, I'm Frank. Jameson, please," added Frank.

Rachel just grinned at John. Belinda held in a giggle and sipped her White Russian. "I'm good," she said.

John said he'd be right back and toddled off to purchase the beverages. The four sat in silence looking from one to the next. Belinda broke the silence saying, "Where is Eddie, that little prick."

Rachel exploded again. Needless to say, Belinda followed suit. Frank drummed his fingers looking for John with the whiskey. Rebecca started to chuckle as well, but had absolutely no idea why. This caused Frank to start to as well.

John returned with the drinks. He brought a tray. Everyone got one, even if they had said 'no'. As he placed each drink down, he began to laugh himself, no having a clue why, but the laughter was contagious.

"Why are we laughing?" John got out between deep breaths.

"It's a long story," said Frank, adding, "but I can tell you, sometimes a trip to Palm Springs can be one hell of an adventure and it just might come back to haunt you!"

He had no idea what he was saying and suddenly, the laughter stopped...

For 10 full seconds.

Then Belinda literally fell off of her chair, onto the floor. She was in physical pain, could not breath and was kicking and beating the floor. Rachel tried to help her up. Carl came running across the room in a panic. Helene also rushed across the room fearing the worst. The entire party began to converge on the fallen Belinda. But not Eddie. Eddie was still hiding in the men's lavatory. He couldn't hear what was going on over the music playing over the speakers within. He just sat there shivering.

After a while, Belinda finally got it together, got up and sat back down on her chair. John still didn't seem to be too sure what was happening, and Rebecca was totally lost. Frank was proud with his cleverness, though what was clever about what he said alluded him.

Carl sat next to Belinda rubbing her shoulders asking over and over if she was alright. Rachel just smiled and sipped her drink. Helene kept asking John, "What the hell happened over here?" and every time she asked, John would reply, "I have no fucking clue?"

The party eventually got back to 'normal' and then, it was time to bring in the cake and sing to the birthday boy. But where was he? Eventually Cousin Earl found him and almost dragged him out to receive his accolades. He winced his way through the song (everyone thought his 'smile' seemed forced), blew out the candles and said to the family, friends and well wishers, "I'm sick. I have to go home. I'm calling a cab. Thank you and goodnight. I love you all." And he left.

Slowly everyone filtered out of the room leaving immediate family. Even Rebecca and Frank had left, Frank and Eddie refusing to make eye contact as Eddie congratulated the happy couple. Frank mumbled a sincere thank you in reply.

So, as Belinda tried to slip out the door with Rachel, John and Helene cornered them.

"So, what was so funny? The entire room was caught up in what was going on but didn't have the faintest idea what you two were going nuts over. Would you mind filling us in?" asked John but in a truly curious manner, not angry at all.

"It's just so complicated, Dad," started Belinda. "I really can't go into it."
"Is it the fact that Rachel blew me?" asked John with a big grin coming over his face. "Yeah, I remember her."
Belinda DID pee.

"I have NEVER discussed this sort of thing with you kids before. I've always been very embarrassed by the subject of sex. To be honest, I still am, but five or six, whatever, Crown Royals and I just don't care at the moment. I'm in a great mood and to see this lovely girl again...."John beamed. He added, "Rachel, first and foremost, Helene and I were not exactly out for any kind of fun that night. It was the first time and LAST time anything like that has ever happened to us and yes, even though it was so many years ago, I remember it VERY well and though your faces were all kind of blurred over the years, I did recognize you after a few. Then when Frank referenced Palm Springs, it was all very clear. Helene even commented on it. So," he continued, "seeing you was simply a great memory brought back. I also want to be clear I have always respected you girls. You did something nice for an old shit and your friend Debbie did just as big a favor for Helene."

Helene nodded in agreement whispering, "She was magnificent." And did the OK symbol with her fingers.

John added, "Belinda, obviously you KNOW and I hope you don't think badly of your mother and I."

"Nope, not at all," said Belinda. "I'm sleeping with Rachel myself."

That was not meant to come out, but it had. John and Helene looked at each other and then back to Belinda. "Really?" asked John.

"Uh, yeah." Belinda replied, beginning to blush.

"Well.....GOOD FOR YOU." John hugged Belinda and Rachel adding, "So, my daughter is a lesbian. So be it!"

"Well, I'm guessing I'm Bi," said Belinda. "I still love playing around with Carl." Then she stopped cold. "Carl. What happened to Carl?"

"He gave your cousin Lucy a ride home. They left about an hour ago," said Helene.

"Really. Hmmm. Well, I guess I'll talk to him tomorrow," said Belinda. Then she looked over at Rachel who had been uncharacteristically quiet, "You ready to head home?"

"No, but I'll be happy to go to your house. Call a cab, no way in hell either of us....ANY of us should be driving."

A staff member of the restaurant who was cleaning up said, "There are a few waiting out front. We had a feeling and called for them ahead of you."

They all thanked the staff and made their way out of the restaurant, through the bar and towards the main doors. John stopped and asked the ladies, "Anyone for a night cap?"

All replied, "NO, lets get out of here!" Helene added into John's ear, "I remember that night very well, and will ROCK your world when we get home!"

Rachel and Belinda clearly overheard Helene's 'whisper' and Rachel whispered into Belinda's ear, "I'm going to rock YOUR world in a few." After a pause, she asked, "You ever watch 'Taxicab Confessions'?"

Belinda said she had and so Rachel added, "Feel daring?"

"We'll see, but I doubt it."

"Whatever." But Rachel was determined and figured she give it a shot regardless. She COULD be persuasive.