Beth's Predicament Ch. 01

Story Info
18 year old Robert lends his stepmother to his best friend.
2.7k words
4.09
131k
84

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/30/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Of all the students in Sheridan High, Robert Haley's stepmother Beth was the best looking by a long shot. She was what they call "statuesque" standing 5'11" and blessed with the figure of a swimsuit model. Back then if you didn't know she was 38 you'd probably have guessed her to be in her early 30s at the very most. When she married his father, Robert had just turned nine and the three made a family for almost five years when Mr. Haley had his fatal heart attack. After that stepmother and stepson moved to the little midwestern town of Sheridan, living on the edge of town where Beth kept pretty much to herself, not socializing with the other moms or anyone else, for that matter.

Sheridan itself was predominantly a fundamentalist Christian community and local ordinances prohibited liquor stores or the serving of alcohol anywhere within the city limits. Being unmarried and attractive in such a goldfish bowl of a town virtually guaranteed rumors of scandal and whispered gossip regarding Mrs. Haley due to envy if nothing else. She had never done anything out of line and never once spoke harshly to anyone in Sheridan, but the ladies at church overtly snubbed her when she and Robert made their first and last attempt to attend services. Not long after that episode, she overheard a cruel comment made at the cafe on main street by one of the cliquish matrons who dominated what passed for the town's social scene.

Not surprisingly, Beth became more and more reclusive, preferring to spend most of her time at home rather than interacting with the locals. She almost certainly would have moved to a bigger city had it not been the case that her stepson seemed to flourish in the small-town environment. Robert did well in school, and he made friends with a few boys, including his best friend, Michael Caldwell, who lived two blocks away.

The two boys became fast friends shortly after the Haley's moved to Sheridan. Michael's parents were a bit of an enigma. They, too, were not affiliated with the town's bible beaters, but rather than showing any interest in developing a friendship with Robert's mom, they kept to themselves when they weren't off traveling -- something they seemed to do about one-third of the time.

By her own admission, Beth had allowed her stepson to become the dominant figure in their household after his father passed. Thus, Robert became used to getting his way and had a very definite sense of entitlement. His stepmother rationalized that being deferential in this way would help him learn to be a strong male without the benefit of a father figure as a role model. In truth, her abdication of parental authority was heavily influenced by her own submissive personality and a longstanding belief that every home should have a dominant male ruling the roost. Unfortunately, as Robert reached adolescence, he became bossier and controlling to the point that Beth gave in completely to anything he wanted.

Of course, Robert's friend Michael was more than willing to play the part of his sidekick after he realized that his buddy ran the show at his house and that Beth catered to his every whim. The two of them could do almost anything they liked, including helping themselves to his mom's stash of wine and beer in the basement, staying up as late as they wanted, and smoking cigarettes (and occasionally weed) in the back yard. After reaching puberty, Michael also developed quite an infatuation for Beth, leading him to want to spend even more of his free time at Robert's house.

While most 18-year-old boys would find it creepy for a friend to crush on their own stepmother, Robert didn't mind in the slightest. In fact, he encouraged Michael and would openly talk about his stepmother as a sex object, debating with Michael over what the best features of her body were and trading fantasies with him that always involved having Beth in some sort of peril or predicament where she would be ravished -- often by multiple men -- or in situations that involved getting her into bondage as a sex slave.

Both boys shared a fetish for lingerie and for stockings and pantyhose specifically. They sometimes took turns making up stories that involved having Beth dressed up to the nines only to have her clothes removed item by item as the story progressed. Raucous frat boys would abduct her on her way home from a dinner party and force her to play strip poker in the dead of night at their fraternity house. Or she might be a teller at a bank taken to the vault by desperate robbers who amused themselves with her by playing rock/paper/scissors to decide who got to remove the next article of clothing. In each instance, Beth would end up wearing only nylons and high heels at some point before being stripped naked to have all her holes used -- often simultaneously -- by whichever imaginary bad guys were holding her captive in the story being told.

Michael had a particularly rich and twisted imagination when it came to Mrs. Haley and, for his turn telling stories, he would occasionally spin very dark tales such as having her captured by menacing cannibals, who, after fucking her, would lower her into a huge caldron of boiling water all trussed up in twine with an apple in her mouth and a large carrot shoved up her ass. For his part, Robert found such tall tales extremely entertaining, and he would stop Michael periodically to ask questions or seek greater detail on the misfortunes and sexual assaults being fictionally visited on his poor stepmother.

Of course, Beth had no idea she had the starring role in such depraved fantasies behind her stepson's closed bedroom door. In fact, to some extent Beth had found the obsession Michael had with her to be flattering. Her self-esteem had been battered for years and her life had become a rather tedious routine from which she got little joy. This was surprising given how physically gorgeous Beth truly was. Even at the age of 38, in bigger cities there are a surprising number of opportunities for the few women who can truly be considered to score as "knockouts" on the pulchritude scale. Beth Haley was most certainly a beauty of that caliber. Nevertheless, Sheridan and its malignant mores sucked the air out any hopes she might have had, leaving her both isolated and insecure. Thus, Michael's initial awkward compliments and tendency to look at her with big puppy-dog eyes buoyed her spirits and, as he grew older, his flirtation became a welcome bit of positive attention in her life.

More recently, though, Beth did become aware that the two boys were bringing home men's magazines that they sometimes kept out in the open in the family room, practically daring her to object. She also knew they surfed porn sites together on Robert's computer in his room since they didn't even try to hide the browser pages when she would later come in to clean the place up. Moreover, Michael's charming tendency to gaze longingly at her seemed to be, of late, much more focused on her breasts, butt, and legs to the point that she began feeling uncomfortable. Still, she passed it all off as "boys-will-be-boys" behavior that she reasoned must be the norm for teenagers their age. Matters did get more complicated, though, as she was cleaning up the kitchen one evening when Robert came in and casually made a pronouncement:

"Hey mom, Michael's folks are out of town for the weekend. I told him you'd take some wine over to his house for a movie date with him tonight."

"You told him w-what?," Beth asked incredulously.

"Well, you know he's got a crush on you big time... and, of course, I owe him for all that stuff he did for me at the youth camp last month. So I figured you could help me get square with him."

"By doing what exactly?" Beth's voice was quavering at this point.

"I just told you," Robert spat out. His voice had a petulant edge now. "You're going to take a bottle of wine over to Michael's house and spend a nice evening with him."

Beth's stomach tightened at this outrageous request. For a moment she thought her stepson might be joking -- but only for a moment. She could see in his face that he was deadly serious.

"But Robert. He's only 18! It would be illegal for me to give him alcohol. Also, don't you think he should be spending time with girls his own age?"

"Mom, are you kidding? You give me wine and beer all the time.... And I've told you before that Michael and I aren't interested in girls our age."

"Well, I'm just saying that I don't think it's a very good idea to send me over there tonight with his folks out of town."

Beth's inability to stand up for herself was evident to both. This was about all the resistance that Beth was ever able to muster whenever her stepson wanted something she disagreed with. She would always try to reason with him, but she eventually let him have his way in the end. Having been through this routine many times, Robert knew he would get what he wanted if he simply asserted his authority.

"Are you telling me you won't do this for me?" His tone was icy and intimidating and his words had the desired effect as his stepmother quickly backed down.

"Of course not, sweetheart. I just wanted you to think about the circumstances... about how it would look to the neighbors."

"The neighbors?... Are you crazy? Nobody's doing surveillance on us. Besides, what would be so scandalous about you simply walking over to the Caldwell's?"

She tried to mollify him: "I know, honey. You're right.... I was just trying to make a point."

"Well, you made your point and now we're done talking. You'd better go get ready. I told him you'd be there by 7."

That was it. End of discussion. Now all that remained were the terms of her surrender.

"Sweetheart, is it ok if I just wear jeans and a sweatshirt?"

Robert looked at his stepmother with exasperation. "Jesus, Mom!... I told you -- it's a date night!... I swear half the time you don't pay attention to me when I'm talking to you. Absolutely not. Jeans and a sweatshirt are not acceptable. Go do your hair and makeup and put some effort into it for once.... Then put on something nice for him."

"W-what should I wear?" she asked meekly.

"A dress or a skirt. Something short and tight would be good. With high heels and nylons, ok?"

Beth was unnerved and bewildered, but she held her tongue and simply nodded her assent, leaving the room to do as he asked. Walking down the hall to her bedroom, she pondered whether there might yet be some way out of the dilemma, but she could sense her stepson was fixated on having her go through with this "date night" notion.

The whole situation was surreal. It seemed only yesterday the two boys were running around the house wearing bath towels for capes and playing Superman. Then, almost overnight, they had turned into these surly, lustful teenage demons hopped up on hormones and downing beer by the six pack in the basement.

With a mixture of butterflies and dread, she sat down at her vanity to do her hair. Looking in the mirror, she saw an incredibly stressed woman looking back at her. "Well, everybody complains that you never go out," she mumbled wryly to her reflection, trying to force a weak smile.

She pinned her hair into a French twist that accentuated her long neck and began applying makeup with the idea of keeping the look simple and understated. However, before she finished Robert came into the room bringing some Cosmo and Glamour magazines flagged with post-it notes. Without exception, the models in all the photographs he liked wore heavy mascara and eye shadow, giving them a pronounced dramatically sultry appearance that he wanted Beth to emulate. He also insisted that she put on false eyelashes to exaggerate the effect and he chose a deep red lipstick for her as the coup de grace.

When she finally finished doing her makeup the results were stunning. Beth had been blessed with classic features to begin with, but the smokey eyes and luscious red lips turned her into a femme fatale capable of stopping traffic. Robert stood back and assessed her approvingly then he chose a pair of dangly faux diamond earrings from her jewelry rack. Pleased with himself, he ordered her to go pick out a dress.

Beth rummaged through the back of her closet where she kept a collection of clothes from the life she led before marrying Robert's father transformed everything. With her social life nonexistent, her wardrobe had become conservative, unflattering and generally bland. Fortunately, her weight had not varied so much as a pound over the intervening years so everything in the closet still fitted her figure well. All the same, she felt uneasy and apprehensive as she began going through her archived garments and began rediscovering how sexy many of the outfits were.

Beth picked out a blue dress that she thought might work and showed it to Robert, but he vetoed it and did the same to several others she suggested before he became impatient and took over the task for her. He seemed to know exactly what he was looking for as he quickly moved to the far reaches of the closet to return with a provocatively short black minidress dating back to her clubbing days. Mortified, she pleaded with him to let her wear something more modest:

"Oh sweetie, I couldn't..."

Robert cut her off curtly.

"Save it, Mom. This will be perfect" he announced as he held it up and gave her a salacious grin.

Robert tossed the dress on her bed then returned to the closet to take inventory of her high heels. After pulling down several shoe boxes from the shelf, he came up with a pair of glossy six-inch black stiletto pumps that Beth had forgotten she owned. She gingerly tried to steer him towards another pair, but his mind was made up and the stilettos soon joined the minidress on the bed before he turned his attention to begin purposefully foraging through her lingerie drawer.

Her stepson's beeline to the location of her underwear and his apparent familiarity with the contents of her closet did cause Beth to wonder whether Robert might have been doing some reconnaissance in her absence. It troubled her to think he might be going through her things when she was out of the house, but she resigned herself to the fact that she really wasn't able to do anything about it even if it was true.

He returned to the bed with several unopened pantyhose packages that he laid out on the bed like a giant poker hand. As they considered the different shades, Beth said she thought the black ones would look best but Robert overruled her and decided her legs would be more fetching in a pair of sheer taupe ones that had a sparkly sheen. He handed the package to her and gave her strict orders that she avoid showing any panty lines by wearing nothing underneath the hose. She blushed crimson but didn't want to cross her stepson, so she nodded her agreement submissively. Satisfied, Robert left the room so she could finish getting ready.

After her stepson was gone, Beth sat on the edge of the bed and sniffled back tears wrestling with complex emotions of guilt and self-loathing for getting herself in such a pickle. Suddenly, she felt a sharp sense of panic over the prospect of having her mascara run, which would undoubtedly incur Robert's wrath should it occur. With a despairing sigh, she forced herself to suppress her feelings and focus only on the immediate task before her. If she was going to be there by 7 it was time to get dressed. She found herself remembering being a little girl playing with her Barbie doll in her bedroom and thought how ironic it was to find herself now effectively becoming a life-size Barbie doll for her own stepson.

NEXT: CHAPTER TWO - DATE NIGHT