Between the Were Wars Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ten minutes later he was at the head of the conference table. His security chief presented the updates on the Gila pack, then he asked for opinions on what it meant. Victor Alvarez, his lawyer and close friend, summed it up best. "They will never be weaker than they are now, and everyone knows it. The first to attack will take it over. With a young Alpha restricted to a hospital bed, they cannot defend themselves. It's just a question of who does it."

Hector looked around. "Get a team together and get them in place nearby. I want fifty or more men, heavily armed and ready by tomorrow night to move on my orders. I also want people watching every road in and out of there, I need to know if anyone starts a raid." The men jumped to their feet and raced to carry out his direction.

Victor waited until most had left, then sat next to his friend. "We had some people research what happened in the last raid on their territory. Take a look at these aerial photographs we had taken." He spread the photos on the desk, before and after of a section of roadway. "You can see here that they blew up a section or the wall above the road and crushed most of the convoy immediately. The helicopter was shot down and crashed by the river." He set down another photo. "This is after they had cleared some of the debris. Most of their force was taken out by the slide, the rest they probably picked off with snipers from the ridge lines on each side."

"What are you getting at?"

"Two things. First of all, they wouldn't know which path people would attack on, so they must have similar defenses on other roadways. We could try and figure out where, but it really doesn't matter. They don't have the people to cover every approach at once, so you see how far back this ambush is from the border? That gives them time to rush a team there before the vehicles arrive."

"So at the first indication of attack, most of their defenses will rush to the ambush point, leaving the other avenues of attack uncovered."

"Exactly. With their experienced leadership gone, they may not consider a multi pronged attack."

Hector pointed at the photos again. "What is the other thing?"

"It's less likely that they have another ambush point ready on this road, so this is their weak point right now."

Hector sat back. "Have my security detail set up transport for me, I want to be there when this goes down. Call the team leader and make sure his team is standing by just outside their border on this route until I give the word."

CIA Interrogation Facility

Unknown location

"CALEB!!! CALEB HELP ME!!" Her mental scream woke him up from his sedation. Caleb's head snapped up, his eyes taking in the cold concrete cell walls and silver plated bars of his room. He tried to sit up, but heavy leather restraints and silver covered shackles held him in place. He struggled until he realized it was futile then settled back down.

"Maria, I'm here, what is going on?"

"I can't be locked up again... CALEB YOU HAVE TO HELP ME!"

My wolf is enraged, but he's unable to come forward. Wolfsbane injection, they must have hit me with a low dose. I can feel my strength is down and my wolf can't shift, but it wasn't so much as to take the bond away. I can only lie here, listening to my mate and feeling the terror she is feeling. I scream for my jailers to come, but nothing happens to me. Maria is not so lucky.

I feel her panic, I feel it as she descends into insanity. She's crying out for me and I'm not there for her.

She cuts off contact, I keep reaching out with the bond for her and get nothing. In a way I'm happy she is out of it for now. I can't imagine how much damage this is going to do to her, and my failure as a man and a mate is heavy in my chest. I am startled out of it by a key opening my cell. A woman walks in, middle aged, dressed professionally but not well- clearly someone without a lot of money. She does have a confidence that comes of authority. I glare at her, knowing that somehow she is responsible for what my Maria is going through. "Who the fuck are you?"

She laughs at me. "My name is Agent Kim Corrigan. I'm the only one with the power to stop this. You're off the books here- no paper trail, no phone calls, no lawyers. I can do whatever I want to you unless you give me what I want."

I lay my head back on the bed. "What do you want?"

"Your pack made quite a little heist a few days ago. You somehow broke into the Soccorro cartel's vault and stole his money. My people want it, and you know where it is. Tell me where it is."

"I can't."

"That's too bad." She gets up and walks away. "You know, you WILL give me what I want to know. The only question is how much your mate suffers for your stubbornness. I've read the files, I know what happened to her. Can she afford for you to be so stubborn? Can she ever forgive you for not sparing her this? Think about it."

She turns to walk away, and I scream for her to stop but she doesn't.

When she returns, I'm ready to do anything to stop this.

She opens the cell door and steps in. I look at her, hating her more than any man has hated another, and I do what I have to do. "I want to tell you where it is."

"I knew you'd come around. Where is it?"

"It's buried inside a cave system, we collapsed tons of rock over the entrance. You'll need heavy equipment to move stuff out of the way, and you'll need me to show you where it is. The problem is, I am under Alpha order to keep it quiet and I can't break that."

She gives me a cruel smile. "I think I can help you with that." She looks up into the camera in the corner and calls for them to bring in Marcus.

A large man walks into the cell, he is a werewolf and his power radiates from him. "I'm Alpha Marcus Diggs of the Tahoe pack. I understand you need a new Alpha, Caleb."

12