Bienville Hotel: Ben and Candice

Story Info
White businessman finds comfort in black hotel girl.
6.5k words
4.58
86.4k
57
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is one of many stories based on true events during my two year employment at a five star hotel. Names have been changed. Enjoy!

"Crash, plane. Crash, plane. Please," Joe mumbled under his breath as the roaring plane dipped to meet the ground. His stomach tightened in that final moment when the craft connects. Joe was snapped into his seat, the aircraft touched down, and was airborne again. But only for a moment as the pressure built as the plane came to a roaring halt.

Perfect touchdown.

"Yay. We. Are. Here. Safe and A-live," Joe remarked with robotic sarcasm. John and Ben chuckled.

"Whatever, dude. I am SO glad to get away from all that snow," John retorted.

"Yeah, man, and at least this is a decent hotel. You remember that shack they put us up in when we did the Shackleford account?" Ben added. Joe smirked in Ben's direction.

" Right. We know why you like this hotel."

Ben shook Joe's comment off and glared down the aisle, congested with graying men in suits anxious to deboard. Ben wanted to change the subject, "You wanna grab takeout before we check in? Sushi?"

"That one place near the hotel? Red Samurai?" John asked. Ben tried to hide his excitement."Yeah that's the one."

Candice tried to contain her giggles as she changed the contents of the letter. She read it over once more, smiled to herself and stuffed the embossed cardstock back into the envelope. The General Manager insisted that the Front Office staff give welcome letters to each of the repeat guests. Unfortunately for the guests, it was the same letter every time. She remembered Ben saying that even though it was always the same letter, he still opened them thinking there would be something new. That's when she started changing his letters. She glanced at her watch and knew he would be checking in soon. She checked her hair in the mirror and headed to the front desk to greet her favorite guest.

John, Joe and Ben worked together on this account for five years. Their usual hotel was dull, with Pepto pink curtains and forest green carpeting. The staff did their job. The room service was gross. The pool was dingy. As soon as the Bienville Hotel opened, they convinced their firm to book their rooms there since it was 20 minutes closer to the office.

The Bienville Hotel sat dormant for over thirty years until a national luxury hotel chain decided to renovate it. It was a place of opulence and grandeur. It was originally built in the 1800s and was a cutting edge hub of culture and debauchery. The ornate carvings and sparkling stained glass echoed from a time of decadence and elitism. Only now the hotel was fitted with some of the best restaurants the city had to offer as well as the largest spa in the state.

Not that any of that mattered to Ben and his colleagues. They were accountants. They were there for business. The hotel had an intoxicating magic that touched most of its occupants but Ben, Joe and John were immune. They did things there the same way they did at every other hotel. Gym, breakfast, office, gym, dinner, bed. Patterns, numbers, order, consistency. At least until Ben noticed Candice.

The accountants trudged into the grand lobby. The lamps cast a Gatsby-like glow into the space. The stained glass rotunda was some 40 feet overhead, where regal portraits were gazing down on the patrons from between opulent relief work. Ben didn't notice any of it. He had his eyes fixed on her.

Candice was at the long marble counter busy checking in a few middle aged business men when Ben and his gang entered the hotel. This gave plenty of time to watch her in action. She had her wild black ringlets pulled back today. Her skin was smooth mahogany. Her dark, wide set eyes were dreamy and gentle. She looked much younger than she actually was. On first sight one would think she was straight out of high school, especially since she wore little makeup. Her lips were soft and full and her mouth was small. And when she smiled it nearly knocked the wind out of Ben, and many other guests at the hotel. She spoke to everyone like they were a relative and had a subtle Southern accent which turned even the most berate customer into putty. Ben figured she was only so nice to him because it was her job. But he didn't care. It made him feel good. It made these trips bearable.

Candice's manager Lori opened another check in terminal. John and Joe scooted over to her and handed over their credit cards. They were already heading up to their rooms by the time Candice's line opened up.

"Hey Ben." Candice purred and tilted her head to the side. She looked up at him through dark lashes and smiled. Ben felt his cheeks warm.

"Hey Candice, whatcha doin?" Ben leaned over the front desk so that their faces were less than a foot apart. He teasingly tried to peek over the wide marble counter at her computer screen before she swatted at him.

"Working," Candice pointed to the white takeout box Ben was holding, "What's in the box?" She smiled pressing her tongue against the back of her teeth. That drove Ben crazy. His cock stir in his pants.

"A dynamite roll. I ordered a spicy tuna roll and, darn it, they gave me the wrong thing. Do you know anyone who likes dynamite rolls?" Ben raised an eyebrow at her playfully. Candice shot her hand up like in a classroom.

"ME!!!"

Ben passed her the box of sushi and his credit card. She swiped it for his room, and handed him his hotel keys and Welcome Letter. He looked at the room number and back at her. She smiled broadly.

"It turns out that we ran out of standard King rooms again and I had to upgrade you to an Executive Suite," Candice said with feigned innocence.

Ben chuckled, "Oh darn, again!?" He snapped his fingers dramatically. The two giggled.

"Have Mr. Dillon and Mr. Balicki noticed yet?"

"Noticed what? That I've been buying upgrades with sushi? Nope. It's our secret." Ben answered peeking over at Candice's manager, Lori, who was still at her terminal. She looked up from the computer.

"I don't know anything, "Lori waved them off, "I trained Candice to take good care of our repeat guests, that's all I care about. My lips are sealed."

"Alright, I'm heading up. Have a good night," Ben winked at Candice and turned toward the elevators.

Lori waited until he was out of earshot. "He walks like he has a huge cock, which, by the way, he wants to put inside you."

Candice almost dropped her box of sushi, "Oh my God, Lori!" Her laughter filled the marble lobby. The concierge peered over his glasses at her from his desk. Candice composed herself and watched his perfect, firm ass as he walked. He did have a confident, wide swagger that exuded sexiness. As if his tall, athletic frame, dark hair and mischievous green eyes weren't enough. "Fuck, he is hot. I feel like a damned 13 year old around him. I start sweating...like, middle school sweating."

Lori laughed at her friend. "Whatever, girl. He really wants you. He doesn't act like that toward any of the rest of us. He asks for you when you're not here and when you are here he won't let anyone else check him in."

"Too bad I can't ask him out. Stupid rules!" Candice hung her head melodramatically.

"Um, ok as your friend Lori and not your manager right now, there are ways around the rules. I mean, I'm a manager and I've been dating Nicole for, like, five months and she's an associate. Definitely against the rules."

Candice shrugged her friend off. She's thought of asking Ben out plenty of times but she honestly didn't have the courage. Plus, a hot professional guy like Ben probably had some stylish, professional girlfriend somewhere. He was way out of her league. Candice took her sushi bribe to the break room, happier now that the object of her fantasies was back in the hotel.

Ben reached his room, dropped his luggage and eagerly opened his welcome letter. He read the contents and immediately starting cracking up. The once professional, albeit trite sounding letter now read:

Dear Mr. Poo Poo Head,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bienville Hotel. We appreciate your continued sushi supply. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to press '0' for our Front Office Princess, Candice..

P.S. If you opened this letter it means you totally wanna make out with Candice. Circle yes or no.

Ben circled 'yes' with the complimentary hotel pen and put the letter in the wastebasket. Candice was pretty flirtatious but he figured that was part of her job. He didn't want to embarrass himself. He grabbed the room service menu and scanned it even though he had ordered so frequently that he could probably recite it. He eyed the club sandwich and laughed quietly to himself thinking again of the check-in girl.

The first three times he checked into the hotel he didn't even notice her. Usually hotel staffers were nameless, faceless robots. But on the fourth visit, she made herself known.

"Club sandwich guys!" Candice proclaimed with her big grin when he and his colleagues walked in. Most girls found the three guys a little intimidating. They were all tall, handsome, athletic and in their late 20s. Nothing like the typical picture of what accountants should look like.

"Excuse me?" Joe said, narrowing his eyes at her from behind his glasses. Candice remained bubbly and unaffected.

"When you guys check in you all order the club sandwich around the same time," Candice pointed out. Ben's stomach dropped. How embarrassing. He looked at his colleagues. Each of them was wearing a pair of khaki slacks and a polo shirt. They looked like ice cream cones. Ben was only 28 and had, apparently, become quite boring.

Joe straightened up defensively, "Well if you had healthier options on your menu then we'd order something else." His New York accent always came when he was irritated.

Candice just smiled, "Well, this is Alabama. I think we are the second fattest state. AND we're on the coast. So that means all the healthy, fresh seafood we catch is immediately deep fried." Ben and John chuckled. Joe was not amused. "When you call to order your food, just tell us what you are in the mood for. In most cases, the kitchen is able to accommodate. We will do whatever you need to make your stay more enjoyable. We value your business, Mr. Dillon." Then she smiled THAT smile and Ben's heart skipped and the tips of his ears tingled.

That seemed to have satisfied Joe, although he was stilled stunned by her audacity. She completed their check-in and Joe turned to John, "What the hell was that about?"

The three men walked to their elevator, "You heard her, Joe, and we ARE in Alabama," John responded, "People just, like, talk to other people here."

"What-the-fuck-ever, just give me my keys and shut the fuck up, y'know?" His accent was in full swing.

Ben smiled to himself on his way to his room. He dropped his luggage and picked up the phone.

"This is Candice at the Front Desk, how can I help you?"

"Candice, you just checked me in. This is Mr. Chapman. Or, uh, Ben. You don't have to-y'know, um...I'd like to order room service."

"Ok, Ben. Club Sandwich?"

"Nope, I'll take the filet, medium. A glass of merlot and the molten chocolate cake." That was the beginning of his nearly two year crush on Candice, the Front Desk girl.

The week continued in the usual way. Ben spent his days in the office. When he returned to the hotel he would always look for Candice at the desk and wave. He brought down his laundry and chatting with her for 15 minutes. Another night, he brought his laptop into the lobby to work and just ended up staring at her, checking to see if she treated him any differently than the others. She flashed her brilliant smile at everyone who came in, her perfect teeth contrasting against the velvety, deep brown of her skin. Her body language was different with other guests, more formal. Ben felt a little honored by their secret friendship.

That Friday night the guys decided to eat in the hotel bar. Candice came in looking for Nick, one of the bartenders. She leaned against the bar, Ben pretended not to look. He got up from his table and headed toward the bathroom, nodding in her direction before turning the corner. He looked back at her once more and caught her watching his ass. Ben looked away quickly and darted down the corridor to the men's room. He couldn't believe it. She was totally checking him out! Maybe it was because they were in the South but Ben had doubts as to whether she found him attractive at all. Now he knew that race was not an issue, he was ready to make his move.

"Next Friday night, don't forget!" Candice yelled to the bartender as she dashed out of the room.. Next Friday, Ben already knew, was her birthday. She had taken the whole week off last year and would, no doubt, do the same thing again. He mumbled something to his colleagues about needing to speak to a manager about his room and headed to the front desk to try to squeeze some information out of Lori. This account was wrapping up. They may only be coming to this hotel for another two or three weeks and that's it. Things had to happen with Candice.

Ben walked to the Front Desk where Lori was standing.

"Hey have you seen Candice?" she asked Ben. Usually if Candice left the desk it was because she was chatting it up with Ben and the guys somewhere in the hotel.

"Uh, no. But speaking of Candice, I was thinking about getting her a gift card or something for her birthday next week. See, because she's been so great to us-with our stay here, and, uh, I just wanted to say, you know, like, 'thank you' since our contract is, um winding down..." Ben was suddenly feeling like a stalker. He was sure Lori could see right through him.

And Lori could definitely see right through him, but she was one step ahead. " Oh yeah, Candice's birthday. It's gonna be great. I'd invite you but there's this whole associates-can't-fraternize-with-guests-thing. So that's why I can't invite you to Red Samurai next Friday at about 10pm," Lori raised her eyebrow at him.

"What?" He finally got it, "Right, too bad. But it's a public place, so who knows? I might just bump into you." Lori smiled excitedly and shooed him away from the desk as another associate came up to ask her something. Ben guessed he was going to have to get two gifts. One for Candice for her birthday, and a thank you gift for Lori.

The soulful music echoed through the dim, narrow space. Tapestries from around the world hung from the exposed brick. Various nude portraits lined the walls. The crimson sconces cast a slightly red glow amongst the patrons, all of whom were there for the celebration. Groupings of plush, jewel toned couches and chairs were filled with housekeepers, artists, bartenders and poets. Along one wall of the long room was a bench covered in colorful upholstery and an assortment of pillows. That is where Candice sat with her best friends. Candice practically lived in her work uniform but tonight she wanted to feel sexy. Her long black curls were pulled into a messy up-do that was held in place by a jeweled vintage hairpiece. She was wearing a long-sleeved, low cut black dress that came right below her knees and hugged her ample curves. It looked like something Marilyn Monroe would wear, sexy without desperation. Most of her male friends were looking at her like hungry wolves. She didn't care much. She'd been drinking and was sitting in between her two best friends at her favorite restaurant. Tonight couldn't get better.

Candice was just finishing her first cocktail when Alex, her best friend since middle school, jabbed her in the side with her pointy elbow. Candice nudged her friend back, a little harder than was necessary and then followed her dumbfounded gaze to find three familiar figures standing at the restaurant's entrance.

The accountants.

Candice tried to look casual as she watched Joe interact with the hostess for a few minutes, straining to hear their conversation. John stood by Joe, listening intently and Ben was...staring. She locked eyes with him and flashed her bubbly, toothy smile at him trying desperately to look unshaken by his sudden appearance in her universe. Ben's happy green eyes looked different to her, darker, determined. The corner of his mouth crept slowly into a crooked grin and suddenly Candice felt naked. When they were in the hotel things were safer. Muted. But now there was nothing between them. No marble counter, no name tag, no formality. He was here, in her world where she'd always wanted him. She had fantasized about this dozens of times but now that he was really here, she didn't know what to do. She was disoriented. She shot a suspicious glance at Lori who feigned innocence and surprise so well that Candice believed it. Candice motioned for the waitress to come over and ordered a tequila shot.

The accountants passed Candice's group to the back of the room where there was one table left. Joe and John took the chairs and Ben sat at the end of the bench. There were three people between him and Candice. She could feel the bench move under his weight as he sat, acutely aware of his proximity. Joe leaned toward the group, "Who's running the hotel if you're all here? What's the occasion?"

"It's Candice's 25th birthday!" exclaimed Alex.

"Well great! Happy Birthday! Enjoy your party, you deserve it."

Candice smiled meekly and tossed her tequila shot down her throat. She could still see Ben watching her in her periphoral vision. This was going to be a long evening.

As the night continued, Candice's friends came and went. A few would leave, then a few would come. They would shuffle to accommodate new quests. By the end of Candice's third drink there were only two people between her and Ben. Ben tried to focus on the conversation between John and Joe, but he couldn't help peeking in her direction. Fuck, she looked hot tonight! He watched her gorgeous mouth as she entertained her friends, throwing her head back in a fit of laughter. His eyes trailed down her gorgeous neck to her full cleavage, heaving and trembling with every breath and every giggle. He'd only ever seen her in her uniform, buttoned up to her neck. Seeing her flesh for the first time, Ben's mouth watered imagining her smooth naked curves. He followed the line of her chest, down over her flat tummy in that perfect black dress down to her toned calves peeking out below the hemline. Wait. There was no one between them. Somehow in the last few moments the final two friends between them had shifted down to the other end of the bench and Candice was but a few feet from Ben. There was nothing between them - and there was a lot between them. That seemingly empty space was full. Full of energy, full of nerves, full of desire.

It was almost midnight and the hotel's evening shift had just arrived. New people came in and hugged the birthday girl. Most of them settled on the opposite end of the bench, forcing Candice to scoot closer to Ben so that no space remained. Shoulder to shoulder, hip to hip, thigh to thigh. A year and a half of talking, a year and a half of flirting, a year and a half of glances. And finally, here. Now.

Contact.

Ben had to put his arm on the back of the bench to accommodate her. He glanced down the booth at Lori who was already grinning in his direction. She's a sly one. He casually leaned closer to Candice and glanced down at her. She peeked up at him and smiled nervously, then turned her attention back to her friends. He had never been this close to her before. She smelled of vanilla and honeysuckle. Ben was dizzy, and determined. He knew she was avoiding him because of the associate rules but he HAD to cross the barrier. Tonight.

"Well, hell," Joe bellowed, surveying the closeness of the two groups, " we might as well join the party, right? You guys are practically family!" And Joe scooted their table to meet the rest. All of the employees froze and looked at Lori. Mingling with guests was strictly forbidden at the hotel. Lori could tell everyone was awaiting her approval.

12