Big Easy Roommates

Story Info
Romance in the French Quarter.
1.9k words
4.33
12.7k
4
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The New Orleans air wrapped its heat around Evelyn as she left the Cat's Meow on Rue Bourbon at eleven thirty. She was buzzed, far from drunk, no where near falling down, and just like any other Friday night, she made her way home from the bar, a few blocks away on the Rue Burgundy. She was upset that she had to leave early to make it to work on time in the morning.

She dug for her phone in her purse to call one of her roommates, Dean, to let him know she was on her way.

Evelyn had grown up with her two roommates, Dean and Sam in Lafayette, near Baton Rouge. When most of her other friends had either gotten married or went to LSU, Evelyn, Dean and Sam ventured to New Orleans. Evelyn went to school at Loyola, Sam went to University of New Orleans, and Dean, two years older than Evelyn, had graduated from UNO, and was now part of the New Orleans Fire Department. Sam met his current girlfriend at school, and was planning to leave their French Quarter flat for a townhouse near the lake. Dean was handsome, something Evelyn had always noticed, but had never acted on. Besides, she felt he wasn't her type, he was reserved, shy and polite, where Evelyn was rambunctious, ornery and loud. The boys were like brothers to Evelyn, and she hated thinking of their time together coming to an end.

"I'm on my way home." She said to Dean when he picked up.

"Ok. Do you need me to meet you? Do you need a ride?"

"No, it's fine, just a few more blocks."

"Be careful Evie."

"Thanks Dad." She joked before hanging up. Dean had always been protective of her.

Dean put his phone on his bed, and waited on the couch for Evelyn, his Evie. He'd dated around and around trying to find someone to replace her, even though he'd never had her to begin with. He didn't have the guts to tell her how he felt, and each time she brought a new boy home, he was afraid the new guy would be the one she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. He had met a new girl a few weeks ago and had a date with her tomorrow. She looked promising, but she wasn't Evie. For his sake, Dean had to forget about Evie sooner or later.

Dean was about to call Evie again when he heard a scream outside. His heart thudded with fear as he grabbed his gun off the top of the refrigerator and ran outside. To his left he saw a man running away, and to his right he found Evie slouched over, crying. Dean picked her up in his arms, and carried her inside. She was crying uncontrollably as Dean dialed 911. He hung up the phone after he talked to the operator and kneeled down in front of Evie. He'd never been so afraid in his life. He held Evie until the police came, where after a few hours, she finally got out her story and had her report filed.

When the police left, Dean tilted Evie's chin up toward him, but in the corner of his eye caught the glimmer of blood behind her ear. He ran to his bedroom to get his first aid kit for work and cleaned her up. It was just a small cut. Evie had calmed down considerably but was still shaking and her eyes were the size of half dollars. He dreamed of the ways he could have saved her. If only he had walked her home.

"Evie, I'm so sorry. I should have walked you home. I could have at least met you. I'm so, so sorry."

"Dean, be quiet, it's not your fault. It's fine. It's just a purse, I will go cancel all my cards and go to bed. It's nothing really. I'm not hurt, I'm not dead, I'll be fine. I'm just shaken up is all. Go to bed. I'll be fine." She said and walked away.

"Typical Evie." He thought. She always tried to be so strong. Look where it got her.

Dean lay in bed, going over and over in his head how he could have stopped it from happening. He fell into a fitful sleep as he heard Evie turn on the shower.

Evie washed off in the shower slowly. She was scared, but she had gotten away alive, missing almost nothing. Her cards were cancelled, and she would go to the DMV on Monday. It had all happened so fast. She didn't hear the footsteps behind her until he had his arm around her neck, stealing her purse and throwing her into a wall with breakneck force. Thank God she was right outside her own door, and thank God Dean had come outside when he did. Who knows what the thief could have done. Dean had saved her.

Evie lay in bed, trying to focus on sleep instead of the robber. She too fell into a fitful sleep. When the thunder rattled her bedroom windows, Evie woke up and looked at her clock. 2:34 it blinked. She rubbed her eyes and watched the shadows dart across her room as a tree in the distance blew in the wind. She got out of bed and tip toed across the hard maple floors in the living room to Dean's room. She always went there when she got scared, or after a break up. He was always there for her, and it dawned on her that she always wanted him there for her, no matter what.

She stood in Dean's open doorway looking in at him sprawled on his back. He had one muscular leg dangling off the bed, the sheet covering up his package, and his head tossed back on the pillow. He was gorgeous. Evie thought of his honey brown eyes and blonde hair and smiled. She caught the smell of him, the familiar sage and mint, with the ever present light smoke smell from his uniform sitting in the corner on a chair.

Dean heard the floor board creak, and opened one eye to see Evie in the moonlight, wearing nothing but one of his ratty, old volunteer fire shirts, and her boyshorts, covered by the tee. Her lean legs went on for miles. He tried as hard as he could not to get aroused. She was probably scared. It would be just another night where she lay in his bed asleep while he played protector, fully awake, dying to touch her. He didn't dare.

"Dino." She whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Can I come in?"

He moved over to the other side of the bed, and pulled down the covers for her to climb in. She lay beside him, and pulled the covers over her legs and thought about telling him she wanted more. She waited a few minutes, putting her thoughts together, thinking of how she was going to word spilling her heart.

"De-." She was interrupted by a light snore. She smiled and lay back down. She would tell him in the morning. She took one of his arms and pulled it over her body, letting the weight of it comfort her.

Dean heard Evie scream again. He sat upright in bed, and looked over. Evie was sitting up, shaking.

"Hey, hey, shh it's ok. It was just a dream." Dean cooed as he held her close.

Evie looked in his eyes, bewildered. She leaned in and kissed Dean. She couldn't wait anymore.

Dean felt like he was going to explode. Not a day went by that he didn't think of what her lips would feel like on his. It was better than he ever dreamed it would be. He pulled back, making sure this is what Evie really wanted.

Evie drew him in closer as he positioned himself on top of her. He pulled back.

"Are you sure you want this?"

"I'm more than sure. I have wanted this longer than you know." Evie looked at his strong body covering hers. For the first time, she spotted the trail of light brown hair leading from his abs to the base of his erect penis. She unknowingly licked her lips in anticipation. He looked perfect. She pulled his neck down to make him kiss her. He covered her lips and neck with light kisses everywhere and finally savored the moment when he sat her up and pulled his tee shirt off of her. He took in the sight of her hardened nipples, and couldn't resist tasting them with his mouth.

The feeling of his tongue on her sensitive nipples drover her insane. Evie was never one for patience. She gently tilted his chin to make him look at her.

"Make love to me Dean."

He blinked once, almost in shock at what she had just said. He went to work pulling down her boyshorts, eager to feel being inside of her. He settled himself on top of her again, savoring the sight of her naked body. He looked in her eyes as he slowly pushed himself inside of her.

Evie gasped when she felt his girth, and met Dean's eyes. She gave a smile, and wrapped her legs around his waist. Dean kissed her neck as he began slowly thrusting in and out. He wrapped his arm around Evie's back and pulled her closer to him. When he felt himself on the brink of orgasm, he had to stop. He sat back on the bed, and invited Evie to sit on his lap, facing him. She placed her legs on either side of him, and began to ride him.

Her moans increased each time her clit came into contact with his body. She couldn't help but buck against him, urging her orgasm to come faster. She froze as the orgasm washed over her body, she rode the waves, gasping for air. Dean could feel her squeeze tighter against his cock, and continued thrusting. It wasn't long after that he came, spurting deep inside of her, fulfilling what he had wanted to do for the past ten years.

They fell asleep again intertwined. When Dean woke up again at eight the next morning, he rubbed his eyes, making sure that Evie laying beside him was real, not an apparition. He touched her silky skin, hoping to God he hadn't messed up their friendship.

Evie woke at his touch and rolled over to face him. She smiled when she saw those honey brown eyes looking into hers.

"Morning Evie." Dean whispered.

"Morning Dino." She said and cuddled up next to him.

They lay in silence, Dean twirling her brown hair between his fingers, Evie, running her hand up and down his muscled chest.

"Dean, stop." He suddenly grew alarmed.

Evie pushed herself up on her elbow, and gazed into his eyes.

"Dean," she gathered her words, "I'm in love with you." He couldn't believe it was true. "I can't help it. I always thought you were like a brother to me, until last night, when I realized you were the only person who ever really cared for me."

"Evie. Be quiet. You don't have to explain it. Please don't fight it. I've been in love with you since the day I saw you in junior high. I will always love you. No matter what." He had to be dreaming.

Evie kissed him again, tears running down her cheeks. The smile faded from Dean's face. It was the only chance he'd ever had.

"Marry me. Please."

Evie's jaw dropped. "Yes. God yes!" She said, happy knowing that from now on, she would never have to fear Dean leaving her.